Game-Labs Forum

Alt PvP mark farm abuse

Landsman

Player Nepravda is farming PvP marks at La Mona every morning. He always sinks a russian player multiple times and often the next kill is only 10 minutes later. I have never seen this guy on the PvP leaderboard before and nobody knows this player or has met him in PvP. Pretty obvious in my opinion. If you really care about alt PvP mark abuse, please investigate.

Edited by Landsman
  • Like 2

They should start resetting accounts to show people they mean business. People who farm PvP marks are not always going to be caught but the possibility of accounts being reset? I think people would think twice before trying to farm PvP marks due to Developers only taking away combat marks/pvp marks on their first offence.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

They should start resetting accounts to show people they mean business. People who farm PvP marks are not always going to be caught but the possibility of accounts being reset? I think people would think twice before trying to farm PvP marks due to Developers only taking away combat marks/pvp marks on their first offence.

Clearly, the PvP Marks system is a wrong feature as long as it can be exploited by Alts.

Those rewards are too attractive.

PVP Mark should only reflect merit & prestige of a player: PVP Marks points could be shown to player name (as trophies), no way to exploit this, high points means dangerous player, it would be pointless to exploit this as the player skill becomes factual in battles.

Let's forget about PVP rewards.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Pvp marks only makes that the devs waste their valuable time looking for exploiters. The same way outlaw battles did in the past.

Outlaw battles worked well, untill they started giving rewards. I'm 100% with @Otto Kohl on this one, pvp rewards should be cosmetic. I like the new rewards but as long as exploiting will grant an edge over your opponent they dont work. If rewards would be cosmetic this would not be an issue, sure it can be exploited but it wont ruin the gameplay as the only bad thing that comes from it, is a lower price for paints as there will be more than plenty on the market.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Let's forget about PVP rewards. 

No, let's forget about PvP reward upgrades. Cosmetic PvP rewards should be a thing and honestly, if someone paid 80 bucks for 2 copies of this game he can have as many hello kittying ship skins as he wants for all i care...

• Like 4

Just curious,  can this person be accused of farming even if his alt is firing on him, pretending to fight? I don't think so. How can you prove that that was his alt and not his uncle playing?

To all who are farming, please don't just sit and farm, pretend you are fighting and cause damage. Devs will have no right to accuse you then. Even if 1 shot fired towards a player they have no right to reset account. What if someone is practicing pvp with their friends on daily basis? 

Make sure you dual box and make it look like a battle. (Sail in straight line cause damage to each other). 

Those who point fingers, you guys have to provide proof that he is fighting an alt and not another player. 

If you start resetting accounts, heads will start falling and with them game rating. This game is not so super attractive that players will return and start over. So, I think it's safer for devs to give away verbal warnings instead and let pvp marks sell or make them more available. There are 0 marks on the market in many National ports, fix this problem first and then work on warnings. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Just curious,  can this person be accused of farming even if his alt is firing on him, pretending to fight? I don't think so. How can you prove that that was his alt and not his uncle playing?

To all who are farming, please don't just sit and farm, pretend you are fighting and cause damage. Devs will have no right to accuse you then. Even if 1 shot fired towards a player they have no right to reset account. What if someone is practicing pvp with their friends on daily basis? 

They should punish players that make deals to produce pvp marks too.

• Like 2

Here is the thing, every single game out someone that has some type of an advantage, that is what makes a good game just like life.  The major difference with this game is we have an exorbitant amount of Millennials that play this game that think everything should be fair and everyone should get a trophy.  They would rather bitch and Moan don't forget about crying and look for the easy way to win against someone that put in all the hard work.  I personally don't give a rats ass about the very very few people that use alts to get even playing field with the one that put the work in.  They still and will always Suck and will never come close to level of pvp that someone that did the hard work to start with. 

That is a True Fact and proven over and over in every single battle in this game that even come closes to being even....  And based on the What I have seen just last weekend with NA-L, with some what even fights Nothing has changed.   IF you did not put the time in to learn to play correctly, you are going to get owned every single time by someone that did. 

I have already proven that using Alts to gain any advantage in pvping with ones self does not work, it is Stupid and a Waste of time and money.  In more post than I can count(Look them up your self).  At this point every time I read one of these post I giggle..  And its the same people that do it over and over and over.  Let them waste time it is not going to help them at all and get over wasting the developers Time.  

The only thing that should have been changed months ago(hold out hope it will) is every fight should be free for all, one smaller circle for all, AND OPEN ALL THE TIME.  This one thing would have stop 99% of every cry baby post in this game after 2 weeks.  Would have forced players to control and police their game and would have taken it out of the hands developers.   Adapt or Die,  does not mean just give me more shit.  

Think about it the few guys, that do nothing, but are always are trying to find people that are doing this.  Lol guess what I do when I find them doing this, Damn the no go on green on green, I am going to sink both of them every time and dare them to post a tribunal.  I have Done it many times and they didn't, go figure not even once.  Granted they were bust with Video so had no leg to stand on and they knew it.  And even if they did, and I lost, I would not care and it would not stop me doing it again the next time, or ever.  That is how you fix, end of story.  

Edited by JobaSet

43 minutes ago, CoyoteJohn said:

Restrict to one account per IP. Alt problem solved overnight.

Does not even need to be an alt to farm pvp marks. you can do the same farming with friends (legit players) in other nations.

I just think make pvp rewards all visual, let exploiters get their paint if they really want to. (But they should also not be surprised when their account gets wiped if logs show a clear pattern of sinking the same guy over a few days over and over again).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

Here is the thing, every single game out someone that has some type of an advantage, that is what makes a good game just like life.  The major difference with this game is we have an exorbitant amount of Millennials that play this game that think everything should be fair and everyone should get a trophy.  They would rather bitch and Moan don't forget about crying and look for the easy way to win against someone that put in all the hard work.  I personally don't give a rats ass about the very very few people that use alts to get even playing field with the one that put the work in.  They still and will always Suck and will never come close to level of pvp that someone that did the hard work to start with. 

That is a True Fact and proven over and over in every single battle in this game that even come closes to being even....  And based on the What I have seen just last weekend with NA-L, with some what even fights Nothing has changed.   IF you did not put the time in to learn to play correctly, you are going to get owned every single time by someone that did. 

I have already proven that using Alts to gain any advantage in pvping with ones self does not work, it is Stupid and a Waste of time and money.  In more post than I can count(Look them up your self).  At this point every time I read one of these post I giggle..  And its the same people that do it over and over and over.  Let them waste time it is not going to help them at all and get over wasting the developers Time.  

The only thing that should have been changed months ago(hold out hope it will) is every fight should be free for all, one smaller circle for all, AND OPEN ALL THE TIME.  This one thing would have stop 99% of every cry baby post in this game after 2 weeks.  Would have forced players to control and police their game and would have taken it out of the hands developers.   Adapt or Die,  does not mean just give me more shit.  

Think about it the few guys, that do nothing, but are always are trying to find people that are doing this.  Lol guess what I do when I find them doing this, Damn the no go on green on green, I am going to sink both of them every time and dare them to post a tribunal.  I have Done it many times and they didn't, go figure not even once.  Granted they were bust with Video so had no leg to stand on and they knew it.  And even if they did, and I lost, I would not care and it would not stop me doing it again the next time, or ever.  That is how you fix, end of story.  

interesting coming from the farmer in chief over here.  it was curious how you got so many marks last time from all these kills you kept talking about, but yet once combat news came about your name was remarkably absent and you lost interest in the game.  Whats funny is the BLACK guys crack on you for doing it too....   You ain't fooling anyone bud.  The term millennial seems to get thrown around a lot as a derogatory name by those who don't understand the concept or have different opinions.  Just as you did above.  I don't think anyone who strives to keep the gameplay in a platform that they care about fair is really worthy of being made fun of.  Do you?  I think we can have a fun game and one where cheating is frowned upon.  

You seem to mistake ganks and unfair fights with blatant alt abuse.  They are not the same.    

• Like 2