Game-Labs Forum

Farm with friends - marks confiscation

admin

Farming marks of friends is against the spirit of PVP and captains who are doing it should know that it might lead to full account reset on all servers. 

7 players have received the warnings and had all their mark holdings (combat and pvp) confiscated. If reported again those captains will be demoted to lowest ranks.

16th November update

8 more players have been demoted for multiple cases of pvp mark farming. Half of their experience were wiped. If more cases are found full xp wipe will be applied. 

• Like 44

I am not a part of any of the investigations or the metrics for what constituted farming, however, I would suggest something like this:

Sink a player once, good on you.

Sink a player twice, bad on him.

Sink a player thrice, something might be afoot.

I highly doubt that any warnings or asset seizures were unwarranted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

There is a player called [...] and after he gets sank, he comes back in another ship and keeps fighting. One day he lost like 6 ships during 2 hours, including Pavel.

And there are likely input / output logs to support it.  I honestly wouldn't be worried.

"recently sunk" should be a clue Captains. 

Players that keep practicing combat will buy another ship at store and come out to fight again.

Now step back and re-address your future posts pointing individual players. Uncalled for and won't allow it.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

There is a player called [...] and after he gets sank, he comes back in another ship and keeps fighting. One day he lost like 6 ships during 2 hours, including Pavel.

Isn't this the type of behavior what the devs wanted? but now being called suspicious because he keeps losing.

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I saw that too, was very weird.

16 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Since the rewards for PVP kills are so high (such as speed mod) and can be obtained only with pvp marks I am sure we will see even more abuse as the time goes.

A good reason to only have cosmetic items redeemable for PvP-marks (and make them convertible into Combat-marks with a favourable conversion rate).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Public shaming is the way to prevent exploiting. Get burnt in front of the entire NA community hurts 100x more than some warning, confiscation or demotion.

Report whatever you feel necessary with F11.

No witch hunt please. Some self annointed Inquisitors back in the day were also burnt at the stake.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I do report to Devs and @admin can confirm. What I expect is Devs to publish official list of exploiters.That is a common practice used by some game developers.

Sure. You've made your point in the very first reply to the OP.

This is not a debate. No naming other than what admin decides. Glad we understand each other in less than perfect english.

7 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I do report to Devs and @admin can confirm. What I expect is Devs to publish official list of exploiters.That is a common practice used by some game developers.

I bet most of us asking for making names public want that: NRW-schafft-Sichtschutzwaende-gegen-Gaff

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5