Game-Labs Forum

7 hours ago, Atreides said:

You're seriously trying to recruit more people into Russia? 

To Russia, no. To REDS, yes. We are a clan. We recruit. We have a recruitment topic. We recruit more or less actively, right now less.

So does that mean it's your job to further UNBALANCE it?

What do I do to unbalance the server? It is my "job" to grow and develop my clan. Others should concentrate on developing their own clans. We're not making anything "worse".

Or is that just your selfish goal and intention, and screw everyone and everything else except "ME ME ME GOTTA BE TOP DAWG on the server of ashes,

REDS is not an elitist clan. We are not the best or the greatest. We just try to create content for ourselves and others. We're tiptoeing around other nations to not destroy their "crafting base" and when our enemies call for help because their "livelihood" is threatened, we've always lent what help we could.

8 hours ago, Atreides said:

they have even said when that day comes they know they have truly BEAT Naval Action.  I have never thought you  fell in that crowd, but here you are. 

I know of whom you speak, and I've fought against those players and that mentality at every turn. 

Again, REDS have sacrificed a lot of our own effort and our own potential for fun, in order to avoid the destruction of other communities. Your accusation is patently false. Naval Action cannot be beaten, only destroyed. 

I have no power to change broken game mechanics. I can only try to create content. Content that I create for REDS, is content also created for the whole server. REDS is the ONLY clan that has actively created RvR-content continuously since release.

8 hours ago, Atreides said:

And that last post reads like a spoiled child demanding the only way you'll not not continue grow your gang to burn down the neighbourhood is if the neighbours give you lots and lots of candy, and emulate this behaviour.

The "neighbourhood" can do whatever they want. I don't demand anything except that people stop complaining about REDS trying to enjoy this game - without hurting anyone.

55 minutes ago, Ruy Lopez said:

No, no, no, I can't do that, I don't have the time, ambition, or probably the skills to do it.

That's not my fault.

59 minutes ago, Ruy Lopez said:

I agree that it's not your job to balance the game, the devs should implement balancing mechanisms to avoid situations like this one.

Then go somewhere else to complain. This is the REDS topic.

56 minutes ago, Ruy Lopez said:

I don't think it's fun to gank all the time. In the PZ it's funny to see how they fight each other to shoot you between a swarm of comrades.

I hardly ever go to the patrol zone. I went yesterday, only to be reminded why I don't go anymore - hello kittying requins running away upwind with <1 bar of structure left. 

1 hour ago, Ruy Lopez said:

I don't think forged papers are a problem, almost all veteran REDS must have them,

REDS was formed in Russia long before Forged Papers DLC was added. I don't own the forged papers DLC and the same goes for many clanmembers.

1 hour ago, Ruy Lopez said:

Besides, what I propose has already been done before. @redii and Havoc did it several times, and it was a fun time for everyone.

REDS is a completely different clan from HAVOC. REDS is a nation clan. We are loyal to our nation and to the clans that we play with. We don't go from nation to nation, vacuuming all the most elite veteran players one place after the other. REDS is as much about keeping newcomers to the game engaged as we are about keeping veterans interested. We recruit new players on their first day in the game and help them grow from first rank to last and we spend the time and effort teaching players the game. 

• Like 4

Apologies my man - you are right - I definitely woke up on the wrong of the bed today.

10 minutes ago, Atreides said:

Miaowi,

You bring up a few good points, that i was not aware of, Ill just ignore the ad hominem tirade.  I am not moaning,  I am stating an opinion based on over 4 years with this game.  You disagree, and that's fine, we can talk about it.

So what exactly is REDS role to help with the server balance?  because that is what i was responding to, and reacting to Anolytics demands.  Take a breath before you reply, and go easy on that keyboard.

• Like 1

Anolytic,

I am guilty of conflating REDS with Russia, for that i apologise.  Thinking back over the years REDS clan has been gentlemen sailors, in fact i remember having a problem with a few of your guys and pointing it out, which you addressed.  I agree REDS is not the problem, it is the Russian horde that has descended on the server with the Dev's implied tacit approval of such abusive behaviour.  I have worked with GB players off and on throughout the history of this game, I also have never bought the damn Traitor DLC.  But I have been there shouting, as GB hemorrhages players because of the puppy stomping of BIG BIG boys in their super ships coming to pound new players, and the Dev's game mechanics REWARD that kind of crap, (NO REWARD FOR KILLING 6th RATE WITH 3rd RATE, and minimal reward if its 5th.  I have seen this 4 times that i can think of,  I want to do everything I can to make this game have a healthy population 3 months, 6 months a year and onward.  the Devs need to think less LOCALLY, this game is played around the world, even though Dev decisions have pissed away a large percentage of a potential market.

in remembrance of Jeheil, the best FREE advertising this game ever had, who finally, after being IGNORED for living on the wrong section of the world, gave up and took his FREE talents to another game because of Eurocentric arrogance on the part of the devs.

o7

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

@Atreides Do Brits have a communal TS or Discord? If the answer is no I see that as the primary reason why they fail at RvR.

The same applies to any other nation.

The Russian teamspeak houses quite a few clans which i think is the key to success. Port battles are always well attended as all you have to do is "nip down" talk to some of the others and see who is game for a fight.

Without the ability to coordinate like this Russia will always face a more disjointed and disorganized enemy.  Case in point look at what happens when REDS fought a well coordinated 25man fleet like HAVOC @ Ponce. We got our arses kicked well and truly.  We're currently not actually that good in battle (but seek to practice at every opportunity :) )

The reason Russia is doing well is due to organisation. Things like the aforementioned spreadsheets play a huge factor.

I really really wish others would organise in the same way. Start a discord or TS server, spam in nation chat, invite established clans into it and start organising in similar fashion. Start hoovering up the newbies and assist them in making them grow. 

By way of example: I played solo pirate bumming round Mortimer for 800 hours before I joined REDS and it was lambs to the slaughter. Daily. That was not bad game design, that was not the devs. It was me wanting to do my own thing whilst facing squads that were organised and chatted. I lost count of the amount of times I got ganked whilst having friendly pirates within visual range. Its impossible to mount a coordinated defense of anything in nation chat

Not everyone organises though. That is the only issue. Those who don't will always lament losing to those who do

I really wish I was part of RvR in the Jeheil days. It seemed there was constant "biff" all over the map. Not so much now. tip toeing about to not damage main crafting hubs as is mentioned in this thread is a thing.

I'm assuming you are part of the Brit nation so there must be quite a few clans right? I'm going to assume that most sit in disparate teamspeaks/discords? If my assumption is correct I am convinced you wont see puppy stomping if those clans would jump into a communal thing

o7

7 hours ago, Staunberg said:

Is that the truth? Didnt you go pirates first and only when the Rus clan changed you followed. But Red have been in Russia for a long time.

REDS was formed in Russia immediately after server maintenance the day that the new nations patch was released. Most of us switched from Pirates to Russia that very same day (October 16th 2017). And we didn't follow RUS, we decided in unison with RUS the week before that we would both join Russia. 

@Atreides o7 Buddy.

Since release i am with reds. What could your nation learn from, what we do there is russia?

If i see any new player (mostly russian) asking something in chat, immediately tell him in private chat to join a clan: There, i say, everything will be answered.  In this chat i encourage players to install discord, teamspeak and never play this game alone.  I try to stay in touch with major russian clans,  to see, if they are still active, newcommer friendly. I also ask people, how is it there, where i suggested them to go.

I think i put 30 players since then in clans, and its nothing what captain reserve is doing with his stream and anolytic is doing with all the other things.

I hope britain will be strong again! o7

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

Well, what reimbursement do you guys do to the players and clans you've driven off from other nations that have been made non-viable because of Russia?  How about those who quit the game entirely?

At the very least, you may consider stopping recruiting and joining the rest of us in lobbying the devs to a gameplay fix for the population imbalance problem.  You will run out of content soon, if that doesn't happen.

Exactly! I stopped playing the game because of imbalanced nations. And i dont play until they implement some kind of ally system to make the server healthy again. What they do is to wait and hope the players solve that problem. But players don't!

Edit: Sorry for the misuse of your thread.

Edited by Sven Silberbart

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight, REDS was involved in a very memorable scuffle at West End in the Bahamas.

Three minutes before the start of the port battle, a Dutch screening fleet managed to intercept our waiting port battle fleet:

20190922201201_1.jpg?width=1846&height=1

With time limited to dispatch them, we managed to defeat the screeners in less than 15 minutes.

We proceeded to join the Port Battle, having only lost about 15 minutes, some repairs and suffered an exploding fireship. 

20190922214256_1.jpg

The Dutch fleet expertly used the two forts and towers in the harbour to try and cover their retreat, but ultimately could not withstand the Russian advance. 

Our vanguard reported the Dutch defenders were already celebrating their anticipated victory while we were dealing with their screeners. Perhaps their confidence betrayed them.

Veni, vidi, vici.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

REDS was involved in yet another major scuffle at Cartagena this night.

First we dispatched the Dutch screening fleet:

F5CEA8AFE1B949EBA6E6E6C99D809FC11AD009FD

Then we entered the Port Battle, a little over 10 minutes late.

20191018234234_1.jpg

With the help of our friends from RUS, PODW, SHOCK, NN and SCUM, victory was secured.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 12:45 AM, Anolytic said:

REDS was involved in yet another major scuffle at Cartagena this night.

First we dispatched the Dutch screening fleet:

Then we entered the Port Battle, a little over 10 minutes late.

With the help of our friends from RUS, PODW, SHOCK, NN and SCUM, victory was secured.

Is this the battle of cartagena? The dream of so many captains? The desire of the russian nation since beginning of time?

This memoriable moment seems to be not more than a side note.

• Like 1