Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Patch 19 December

Does anyone see an interference, more like a flicker, as well when the battle is launched (mainly PvE Light ships here, but same with PvP)?

First time I saw this I thought I get kicked out or the computer will shut down. But as game started I didn´t worry too much: just interested if I am the only one and/or if this is related to patch and/or Nvidia-drivers.

mast structural integrity is same as it was before. we only lowered chainshot damage a bit to reduce pain from chainshot snipers.

Snow indeed feels very paperish.. will check why. it has more planking than brig. maybe a random bug

Will also lower its speed and make it more sturdy

Good to hear however it must be a bug then because I cannot for some reason demast anyone anymore without expending three to four times as many broadsides as I used to  :blink: I suggest you look into and test it.

As for the Snow, if you deplete its bow armour it will sink ridiculously fast - like 20 sec fast.

yes i get the flicker but it loads in fine otherwise.

Love the snow. Fits perfectly between the brig and Surprise.

For those that confused weather with a type of ship, Ill explain what a snow is to you. It esentially is a brig, square rigged, two masts. The difference is whats called the jack-mast. If you look at the model you will notice a third mast that is very short and installed just aft of the main mast. It holds the spanker. Thats the jack-mast and is the key design difference of the snow.

I thought snows were known to be fast. Is this not true or is the Ontario a unique specimen?

• Like 1

Both the Snow and the Santisima are fine ships. Just from what I hear about the ST it certainly has that feel to it in-game. It's much less maneuverable than the Victory but has the extra firepower and can take a beating. Surprisingly it tacks very nicely probably due to the inertia from all that mass. Overall, I think it balances well against the Victory as a formidable first rate.

• Like 1

Snow is a great addition to the fleet.  It is a cranky sailing tub which adds to it's personality, and the upper deck gun layout is unique.  I like it.  Could someone suggest what to load in those bow and stern guns?  It's like shooting a pea shooter.

Like the changes in AI damage at range and the uptick in broadsides when sailing side by side.  Feels more realistic.

Also, since I'm an underachiever, I had to go back to do some damage with the Yacht.  What a trip after sailing these small square riggers for awhile.  Felt like I was flying as quick as it responded to the helm.  And I could tack again without thinking too hard about it.

Snow is a great addition to the fleet.  It is a cranky sailing tub which adds to it's personality, and the upper deck gun layout is unique.  I like it.  Could someone suggest what to load in those bow and stern guns?  It's like shooting a pea shooter.

I just stick with chain shot theres not much else use for it, it would be nice if we could have a 4 or 6 pounder option.

I just stick with chain shot theres not much else use for it, it would be nice if we could have a 4 or 6 pounder option.

I think the problem is in not having enough room to operate a full sized cannon there.

I leave ball in mine. Makes nice crunchy sounds when small ships try to take you at closer range.

Both the Snow and the Santisima are fine ships. Just from what I hear about the ST it certainly has that feel to it in-game. It's much less maneuverable than the Victory but has the extra firepower and can take a beating. Surprisingly it tacks very nicely probably due to the inertia from all that mass. Overall, I think it balances well against the Victory as a formidable first rate.

Yep, I agree.

The ST does indeed tack well, however a rudder turn seems slower than in the Victory.

Yep, I agree.

The ST does indeed tack well, however a rudder turn seems slower than in the Victory.

With its extra mass and size, I'd say that is about right.

With its extra mass and size, I'd say that is about right.

Indeed it does.

To add further fact on the Victory vs Santisima matchup, the ST holds the clear advantage in firepower at close range, however at long range the Victory is better off with its third deck mounting 24 pdrs vs the ST's 18 pdrs, and fourth deck mounting 18 pdrs vs the ST's 9 pdrs.

I really enjoyed sailing the snow. I was in a good sized PvE match, on starboard tack and a bot in a surprise rammed me broadside. I filled up with water so fast I thought I would sink, but I quickly got on port and the the pumps finally took care of things. I was able to use a repair, and did fine after that.

I was really surprised to find bot using that tactic.

Sorry guys, but: what I have to do to recover my  Trincomalee and Constitution? I feel I didn't understood at all what admin had said before in the first message of this thread.  :mellow:

You have to test the Snow and do a certain amount of damage with it (35000 I think). That will then unlock all the ships above it that you previously had unlocked. If you click on the Constitution etc it should display a notification saying "Snow 00000/35000" and show how much damage you have done so far.

You have to test the Snow and do a certain amount of damage with it (35000 I think). That will then unlock all the ships above it that you previously had unlocked. If you click on the Constitution etc it should display a notification saying "Snow 00000/35000" and show how much damage you have done so far.

Done it! Thank you!

Indeed it does.

To add further fact on the Victory vs Santisima matchup, the ST holds the clear advantage in firepower at close range, however at long range the Victory is better off with its third deck mounting 24 pdrs vs the ST's 18 pdrs, and fourth deck mounting 18 pdrs vs the ST's 9 pdrs.

So Victory can mount 32/24/24/18 gundecks? Or do you mean 24lb on the 2nd deck and 18lb on the 3rd deck? I don't have it myself yet to check  ;)

The first option would be very overgunned, Victory carried 32/24/12/12 guns.

I was wondering why the 1st rates seemed so much superior to Bellona, when the lower 2 decks do most of the damage and small 12lb or 9lb guns have difficulty penetrating a lineship hull... 

So Victory can mount 32/24/24/18 gundecks? Or do you mean 24lb on the 2nd deck and 18lb on the 3rd deck? I don't have it myself yet to check  ;)

The first option would be very overgunned, Victory carried 32/24/12/12 guns.

I was wondering why the 1st rates seemed so much superior to Bellona, when the lower 2 decks do most of the damage and small 12lb or 9lb guns have difficulty penetrating a lineship hull... 

You can upgrade the guns on your ship in the constructor, so you can have 42 pdr + 32 pdr + 24 pdr + 18 pdr onboard

New sink animations? I've never seen this before, very cool, loved it, it's at the beginning of the video after the ram.

Two other things to note here, that AI Constitution hits that Surprise mighty fast and hard, I feel like a ram of that magnitude should have sunk him, but he sailed on fine even after having taken a couple of broadsides earlier from that Con. And at the very end I added in a boarding from same battle where both ships spin 180 degrees at a fast rate during the boarding, didn't know if you wanted that happening.

Unlisted video, 1:35 duration http://youtu.be/DRF-Jfrjpwk

FYI: the audio as in the clip is not that delayed in game for me 90% of the time, must be a lag in the recording/producing process somewhere on my end, but there are times when I do get severe audio lag.

Tacking using manual sails in the Brig seems a whole lot more effective now, you don't lose so much speed and get stuck in irons as before.

New sink animations? I've never seen this before, very cool, loved it, it's at the beginning of the video after the ram.

Two other things to note here, that AI Constitution hits that Surprise mighty fast and hard, I feel like a ram of that magnitude should have sunk him, but he sailed on fine even after having taken a couple of broadsides earlier from that Con. And at the very end I added in a boarding from same battle where both ships spin 180 degrees at a fast rate during the boarding, didn't know if you wanted that happening.

Unlisted video, 1:35 duration http://youtu.be/DRF-Jfrjpwk

FYI: the audio as in the clip is not that delayed in game for me 90% of the time, must be a lag in the recording/producing process somewhere on my end, but there are times when I do get severe audio lag.

How weird. The super frigate should have gone down by the bow, not by the stern.

I've noticed on a serious hit, usually when you exceed the remaining armor, the enemy ship seems to settle hard into the water (the ship shudders and drops instantly a few feet of "sinking").   Is this intentional?

I've noticed on a serious hit, usually when you exceed the remaining armor, the enemy ship seems to settle hard into the water (the ship shudders and drops instantly a few feet of "sinking").   Is this intentional?

probably needs a bit more interpolation.. to make it less drastic

probably needs a bit more interpolation.. to make it less drastic

Got it.  No worries, I don't think it's bad the way it is (there is a real sense of happiness when I nail a bow or stern on a raking shot and see the ship settle like that), but it was drastic enough I thought I'd mention it.

How weird. The super frigate should have gone down by the bow, not by the stern.

It had taken several doubles from me right up the poop chute and so his stern was already taking on salt water ;)  but yeah, he nailed the crap out of that Surprise, that was a full speed ram, maybe one day in the future we will get some collision specific graphics?

I loved the way he listed so hard and sank, hope to see it more.