Game-Labs Forum

Poll on limited use of repairs in battles

Repairs usage poll  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Limit the use of repairs in one battle

• yes
    • no

I think a better solution would be to make it so can only repair half damage inflicted,  and this amount decreases each time as more damage is inflicted.

So ship goes from full to half, can repair to 3/4.

Ship again damaged to 1/4 and can repair back to half.

Same for Rum and rig,  only limited crew and sails can be "patched up" during combat.

So as battles continue ships are affected by diminishing repair effectiveness, only so much can be patched at in combat.

Allow full repair again only in OW via repairs, or at port.

Edited by Dibbler

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen experienced and repair moded players, repairing from a sunken ship into a brand new ship, turning back to his chaser with half hp and eating them alive.

I find it really bad and arcade. Limit repairs to 2 total be it 2 hull, 2 rig or 1 each. And limit stupid rum for 1 time which your necromancer surgeon resurrects only a percentage of dead crew. What about increasing speed penalty for carrying repair kits more than a set amount ???

• 1 month later...

*Push*

I had an Issue with the repairs few days ago, faster ship tagged me and i shot it to nearly zero hull. then it was running away, repairing middle section  to nearly 100% and comes back to kill me. This has nothing to do with realistic battles. They had no Repair Wizards or Necromancers in the Age of Sail. PVP is just about who has the most patience and hull repairs. It would be so much better when you have limitation to maybe 1 repair each. Battles will be faster and more exiting. Hope you will patch this soon, i dont go out of ports in large ships anymore cause endymions with repair skills go and kill anything.

PS: Sry for bad english ;-)

Edited by Tonrich

3 minutes ago, Tonrich said:

*Push*

I had an Issue with the repairs few days ago, faster ship tagged me and i shot it to nearly zero hull. then it was running away, repairing to nearly 100% and comes back to kill me. This has nothing to do with realistic battles. They had no Repair Wizards or Necromancers in the Age of Sail. PVP is just about who has the most patience and hull repairs. It would be so much better when you have limitation to maybe 1 repair each. Battles will be faster and more exiting. Hope you will patch this soon, i dont go out of ports in large ships anymore cause endymions with repair skills go and kill anything.

miracles. just miracles.

Its impossible to repair to 100% from 0 hull. Its like UFO's; when you ask for video people disappear forever.
Do you have the video of this happening? because in code what you describe is impossible

• Like 3

I mean the middle section of hull not the armor, no i have no video but i will makle screenshots next time they attack me, im barely attacked everyday but cant compete those pvp pros cause evertytime i have on nearly down they repair and repair and repair.

Edited by Tonrich

24 minutes ago, Tonrich said:

*Push*

I had an Issue with the repairs few days ago, faster ship tagged me and i shot it to nearly zero hull. then it was running away, repairing to nearly 100% and comes back to kill me. This has nothing to do with realistic battles. They had no Repair Wizards or Necromancers in the Age of Sail. PVP is just about who has the most patience and hull repairs. It would be so much better when you have limitation to maybe 1 repair each. Battles will be faster and more exiting. Hope you will patch this soon, i dont go out of ports in large ships anymore cause endymions with repair skills go and kill anything.

if you think pvp is about patience and hull repairs then i think you might be doing it wrong

4 minutes ago, mexicanbatman said:

i think it requires skill and calculation on how mutch repairs you gonna take and use in a battle and when  it also slows your ship down so less chance on running or ganking i think its fine atm

Hm maybe a bit, but i think it isnt cool to only have 90 min battles and your hold full of repairs. Would be more realistic and exiting without like i said ;)

5 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Use chains properly and you will get any faster ship.

The situation i described is when enemy has a smaller AND faster ship, he can stay in front of me so that my chains cannot hit or he can also repair his sail. i have do admit im not the most experienced pvp player but the guys from my nation are, and they had the same opinion that it should be limited as soon as possible or it will slow down and reduce pvp with large ships.

You can also look at the poll result i hope it will come soon. 

5 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Pool is from november 2017. Game has changed a lot from that time.

Ok i did not read all patch notes, but imagine if you where new, and the game needs also new players, you are attacked and have the enemy nearly down, he runs away and comes back repaired and kills you, this is really frustrating not? i mean sure they could fix some leaks and put a few oak planks on the ship when its damaged but so much repairing, also with carpentry perks etc. some players will always be in advance. its just a suggestion maybe i have to put in more gold for practising pvp but again i think it would be cooler if a broken ship stays broken ;)

Edited by Tonrich

1 minute ago, rediii said:

what nation and which guys you talk about?

I know many players that think they know how stuff works and say and think they are good. But when looked at it in battle etc. they are actually max. average and not more

The dutch community is small, but a few players are active everyday to defend the coasts vs sverige and danmark. I talked to some and fighted with them. but the battles are always more then 1 hour because of the repairs i think. would be cool to have some faster pvp cause not everyone hast so much time.

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

I dont know any dutch pvp player in the "top ranks" TBH

battles can be very fast. Few days ago I had a 6 min pvp battle because my enemy made 1 mistake.

Repairs are only a issue if both dont play aggressive or it is a rather big battle. Normally battles are decided within 20 minutes in small scale pvp.

Also ofcourse battles take long if you go with 15 vs 2 because the 2 will sail away if not on a suicide mission. 

Bring equal numbers and it will be a fun battle without running until 1 of both sides knows they lost.

Also pro tip: dont chase someone where you know it will take 30 min to get him

take a look into my youtube channel and look at some smaller scale pvp aswell as the recent "fun" + insert capital name battles.

btw. you wouldnt want norep battles because repairs actually forgive mistakes. Good players will change their playstyle to norep playstyle and wreck new players, believe me

I see your point really, but im the one who is being attacked, then i play aggresive and if the enemy sees that he's losing he runs away and repairs cause he is faster and he repairs faster than me (perks?). he is doing everything to not lose his ship although he was attacking me, after i was on the way back from an npc mission. and this is really frustrating with time. I mean if he runs he runs okay, but if he runs, repair and come back in the end its waisted time, but i will doing my best ty

Edited by Tonrich

14 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

As in the poll, most players see that neverending repairs often leads to neverending battles, cause of neverending runaways.

Most battles arent equal (in the start or later if some side goes weaker and weaker), so the most battles have long runnings.

@adminGiving it limit per battle would be a good thing

if repairs were like you described this battle would never happen (it would still be going). I am yet to see a neverending battle. 

DNX9ogT.jpg

also forum polls are always one sided. They give an opinion of a vocal minority, as happy players don't visit he forums (usually).
all polls will be ran in game in the future. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

how can he have almost full health?

i have no idea and am puzzled myself.

if it was unlimited repairs and never ending battles how come the other side is visiting davy jones locker? Why did not they use the nonexistent magic of unlimited repairs?

My theory is that situation is the same as in another repairs topic. A group of players is not aggressive, does not focus fire, does not keep station together, and as a result cannot deliver consistent damage to disable an opponent, while he methodically sinks them one by one. 

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

how can he have almost full health?

While the textures shows the hull peppered with holes - and that's not even the weak side, it's the full-health one.

Good summary of how gamey the multi-repair system is.

4 minutes ago, admin said:

if repairs were like you described this battle would never happen (it would still be going). I am yet to see a neverending battle. 

DNX9ogT.jpg

also forum polls are always one sided. They give an opinion represent vocal minority, as happy players don't visit he forums.
all polls will be ran in game in the future. 

This bellona looks like it has taken 1000 shots in its left side and still is in good condition :D yeah but the poll should be taken seriously either. Feedback is imporatant

• Like 1

2 minutes ago,  Aegir said:

While the textures shows the hull peppered with holes - and that's not even the weak side, it's the full-health one.

Good summary of how gamey the multi-repair system is.

dont you listen? and hear another side? why his enemies  did not use the "gamey multi-repair system"? There are 3 bellonas and 1 bucentaure 

1 minute ago, admin said:

i have no idea.

if it was unlimited repairs and never ending battles how come the other side is visiting davy jones locker? Why did not they use the nonexistent magic of unlimited repairs?

we have a name for liq "retard magnet" looks like we really need the tutorials and exams. stuff like that should never happen something looks really broken.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

we have a name for liq "retard magnet" looks like we really need the tutorials and exams. stuff like that should never happen something looks really broken.

You cant out repair damage from 3 bellonas and bucentaure, with ANY mods. 

the question no-one answers is why losing side does not use this gamey mechanic, most winners from those screens are not repairs fitted.

11 minutes ago, Tonrich said:

This bellona looks like it has taken 1000 shots in its left side and still is in good condition :D yeah but the poll should be taken seriously either. Feedback is imporatant

decals are created even if ball ricochets, or partially penetrates (scrapes the hull or partially gets in)

6 minutes ago, admin said:

You cant out repair damage from 3 bellonas and bucentaure, with ANY mods. 

the question no-one answers is why losing side does not use this gamey mechanic, most winners from those screens are not repairs fitted.

in this case i didnt blame the game mechanic :D And true even with repair mods the other side should have won. But why didnt they? Are they such bad players?

Edited by z4ys