Game-Labs Forum

Poll on limited use of repairs in battles

Repairs usage poll  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Limit the use of repairs in one battle

• yes
    • no

Please vote on limited use of repairs in battles

Current state of combat favors faster ships with lots of repairs who can disengage and return to combat. Battles are in general longer and escape is easier with the unlimited repair usage. 

We propose to discuss the limitations for repairs for example (3-4 uses per battle across all repairs) saved on the ship (so you can capture the ship who did not use the repairs and continue fighting in it). 

• Like 10

I had no issue with the current repair system. It was timing and smart gameplay in order to succeded. To soften the current system i would adjust timers for repair to 20 -25mins cd

15min means nothing in NA. In NA 15 min are just a blink of an eye.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 7

Please do not limit repairs! This makes no sense as most players use 3-5 repairs already and limiting repairs because of people who use fast ships? Lowering the amount of repairs that can be used will only make them faster... It's a simple theory, fast = squishy/slow = tanky. A fir/fir ship that can possibly carry more repairs then a ship that is incredibly slow because it's live oak/white oak build means the tank ship will not have to repair as much due to the HP/Thickness. There is absolutely nothing wrong with players being able to repair as much as they want because more repairs = slower ship. 

Edited by Lord Gud
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

Current state of combat favors faster ships with lots of repairs who can disengage and return to combat. Battles are in general longer and escape is easier with the unlimited repair usage. 

We propose to discuss the limitations for repairs for example (3-4 uses per battle across all repairs) saved on the ship (so you can capture the ship who did not use the repairs and continue fighting in it). 

We need this to fix the speed meta.

Fixing this affects to other aspects of combat as well.  Probably more balancing to do after.

Makes it more difficult for low BR fleets to win big ones.  High BR fleets can always have someone repairing.  High BR fleets can basically win battles because of unlimited healing potions.  Zergs benefit from unlimited repairs.

If you are sailing speed boats in a small fleet you are benefiting from unlimited healing potions.  Low BR vs High BR with unlimited potions issue is there for Low BR fleets if sailing "combat" oriented ships.  None is running/kiting.

One more thing to make sure we are all on the same page.  Unlimited healing potions need LESS skill.

Healing potions are decreasing tactical play.  Lets say smaller fleet wrecks a ship from bigger fleet.  Long time ago the captain of that wrecked ship had to decide if he stays and risks that he may sink or leaves the battle.  Today they just take distance and repair.  This sucks so much that I had WTF effect for days after you introduced this.

Unlimited healing potions is a BIG MAJOR FLAW in the current combat.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Skill?

You can make 400 mistakes in a battle and run with your fast ship to repair and come back to the battle with a new ship every 12 mins.

This repair system do not reward skill at all.

Not true. You can try and catch those making mistakes!

What's wrong with you that you let people make 400 mistakes and keep coming back.

Practise to punish those mistakes.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Please consider that alot of the players voting here are PvE players and for PvE you obviously want as many repairs as possible, so they vote "No". For PvP to be exciting and realistic, repairs need to be limited and i think it is hard to argue against that... Endless repairs promote ganking and dumb down the game in my opinion and it also favours only fast ships as you mentioned.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flash Jack said:

What's wrong with you that you let people make 400 mistakes and keep coming back.

Practise to punish those mistakes.

You sternrake someone, a mast falls. Immediately the guy starts to repair and has his mast back before you can turn around. Now he sails at his best point of wind for the next 12 minutes waiting for the repair to cool down with you chasing him. Meanwhile he also uses rum to repair his crew. So you don't rewarded for a good sternrake and your opponent doesn't get punished for making a wrong turn.

I'm ok with limitig reparis to two each. And ffs remove the ability to recover crew when in boarding!!!!

• Like 7

1 of each rep! Makes battles soo much better! You can focus on the battle and not try to figure how long till your opponent can repair again. 

Also tagging system, I know its another matter.. No stern cannons vs fast opponent and multiple reps means you cannot do anything... They can just kite forever and rep forever, keep you in battle for as long as they wish. Its sad. No skill! 

In the middle of a battle, a captain should not be concerned if one enemy is not tagged and magically leaves the battle 100 meters away. It SUCKS and always have. Control perk for everyone! =) 

Edited by Hammerhaj
  • Like 7

Just now, Intrepido said:

It is far more skilled based when you cant repair 6 times in one battle.

Dont you think?

nope i dont think so. i played this game alot in pvp and rvr with both models. 

ur just pointing out this annoying chasing issue, i understand but not every battle is going like 1 ship is chasing another....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

If you catch fast ships is because you are speed fitted, which means this is your style of shit gameplay of hit and run (thx to unlimited repairs) for the full duration of a battle.

Practise to be better than the enemy with true skill. 

I have seen people repairing sails with 94% and escaping. Please now tell me that repairs promotes skill.

Take a breath.

You are not the God of N.A..

People have different opinions and playstyles. Your type of I KNOW BEST THEREFORE I AM RIGHT AND YOUR PLAYSTYLE IS SHIT....just goes to show how limited you are in an argument and thus why you obviously struggle in N.A..

17 minutes ago, troody said:

nope i dont think so. i played this game alot in pvp and rvr with both models. 

ur just pointing out this annoying chasing issue, i understand but not every battle is going like 1 ship is chasing another....

Yes, arguably skills are needed to maintain the upper hand with current system. In a 25v25 fleet 

I could see someone with 50% on each side - and 24 minutes later he would have fully repaired his ship. Endless reparing in battles just destroy fleet engagements, the fleet with more % on carpenter reps will win as of current imo(if shielded by mates, while reparing) =)

Reps was once used to extend your survive-ability when in urgent need, rum was non existent. I liked the old battles better when opponents only had 1 rep and no rum injected crew boost

Edited by Hammerhaj
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hammerhaj said:

Yes, arguably skills are needed to maintain the upper hand with current system. In a 25v25 fleet 

I could see someone with 50% on each side - and 24 minutes later he would have fully repaired his ship. Endless reparing in battles just destroy fleet engagements, the fleet with more % on carpenter reps will win as of current imo(if shielded by mates, while reparing) =)

Reps was once used to extend your survive-ability when in urgent need, rum was non existent. I liked the old battles better when opponents only had 1 rep and no rum injected crew boost

ya i had no problem with the old system as well but the new system with endless repairs adds a new dimension in each pvp battle! timing and the right use is one of it, and to know before how many u could need is another one. it affects ur ship as well cause of the weight....

if u change it to 3-4 times each, everyone will drive with the same amount of repairs all the time...

Edited by troody

Unlimited repairs is fine, but repairs should not be able to fully repair a ship.

1. no top gallant repair. If that thing comes off, it's off.

2. No repair beyond 75% armor.

3. No repair of Structure beyond the not-sinking-point. Once a ship is at sinking structure levels, it should be possible to save it, but it should definitely be removed from battle for good. It shouldn't come back fully repaired 25 minutes later.

• Like 1

I dont like arbitrary limits like that.  But it should be a question of manpower.

If I want to fix my ship my crew should be placed at higher risk to incoming fire, and my crew should be mostly on that task.

Currently in a Brig, if I hit hull repair I have 60 men go to that task.  I think that number should be closer to 80 or 90.   It should be at least 80% of the max manpower of that ship.  

And while under repair all crew damage should be tripled. 

You want to repair well you better not be in the fight.

• Like 4

Non limitation please.

Je me suis retrouvé contre deux danes(consti, surprise contre mon trinco), la bataille a fini match nul après 1h30, parce qu’on avait suffisamment de kits dans les deux camps.

Une autre fois trois brit contre moi, endy surp et indef, j'ai perdu mon bello dès lors que je n'avais plus de rum, après 1h15 de bataille.

Soit, on est déjà limité par le choix fait au départ, d'avoir plus ou moins plus de rum,rig ou hull repairs.

Et de toute façons, si les deux partis jouent correctement, on finit à cours de repairs.

Ne pas limiter les réparations en batailles, s'est offrir la possibilité d'exploiter tout le temps de la batailles.

Avoir limité le choix à la réparation des voiles ou de l'armure c'est suffisant.

Aussi, limiter les réparations c'est aider les ganker, et cela ne me dérange pas d’être ganker, mais je veux pouvoir jouer plus de 5mn, et avoir une chance de m'en sortir après 1h30.

Une réparation toutes les 10mn, c'est bien!