Game-Labs Forum

Ships same Wood same Crafter different Speed

Lonar

Today one of my clans shipbuilder (Dragon Prites ingame) build 3 identical outfitted Rattlesnakes Heavy at almost the same ingame Time and the same Harbour. All 3 of thoose Rattlesnakes have different Base-Speeds (ingame tool-tip and description), we dont know this to 100% but it seems the first was the fastest the last build the slowest. Not shure if this is intended and a mechanic or a bug so i thought i report it here.

1 minute ago, Coraline Vodka said:

the speeds are the same if you look at the ship card, the weight of guns and cargo can vary the speed. Check the equipment tab to see how much weight is on board.

They are both empty only cannons (the same loadout) and its the same when one of us has both so no perk or anything interfers ... also since when is 12,31=12,34 your poor math teacher ....

4 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

you will have to SS the equipment tab to prove otherwise but these ships are exactly the same speed if empty. Only difference is the weight on board be it guns and cargo.

Will you try something for me and put weight on one of your ships and empty it again and tell me how the grey number behind speed (tooltip number) changed? ... if nothing changed you shouldnt post anything more in this thread, thx. 

Edited by Lonar

The white numbers (base speed) will change depending on cargo weight. The extra green or red number will come from any speed bonuses (wood type or mods). Could you screenshot the equipment tab of the two ships, while showing the stat card? 

1 hour ago, DragonfireActual said:

Starving your crew to get extra speed is cruel and a human rights violation. We ask you as nicely and with no offense intended that you cease starving your crew lest we hide in our safe space and pet our emotional support animal until you see things our way.

Wie Sinnfrei ist das denn im Bezug auf die Frage ?!?

Take new screenshots with the upgrades reset. The upgrades on the upper ship is not the same as the one on the lower.

The upper vessel has Powder Monkeys, The old Flag Officer, Rum Rations, The Complete Fencing Master, and Barricades.

The lower vessel has Rum Rations, The old Flag Officer, Powder Monkeys, Treatise on Making Saltpeter, and Boarding Parties.

Both ships are affected by the same internal weight (the red value -0.43 would be different if the ships had different guns).

The selected temp upgrades do not have any effect on the speed or weight of the ship but I would still suggest that new screenshots be taken with no upgrades if possible.

Personally I believe you and it could be what was found back when ships could have multiple durability, that each ship that is crafted by a player has a hidden modifier added to it that could affect one of many different stats of the ship. This led to crafters making several ships in order to get that "one" that had the desired outcome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Take new screenshots with the upgrades reset. The upgrades on the upper ship is not the same as the one on the lower.

The upper vessel has Powder Monkeys, The old Flag Officer, Rum Rations, The Complete Fencing Master, and Barricades.

The lower vessel has Rum Rations, The old Flag Officer, Powder Monkeys, Treatise on Making Saltpeter, and Boarding Parties.

Both ships are affected by the same internal weight (the red value -0.43 would be different if the ships had different guns).

The selected temp upgrades do not have any effect on the speed or weight of the ship but I would still suggest that new screenshots be taken with no upgrades if possible.

Personally I believe you and it could be what was found back when ships could have multiple durability, that each ship that is crafted by a player has a hidden modifier added to it that could affect one of many different stats of the ship. This led to crafters making several ships in order to get that "one" that had the desired outcome.

Well both ships has one different perk...correctliy, but the MAIN SPEED is different.... u see in "crafting info" (mouse over the ship in port)

ship one: 12.34

ship two: 12.31

thats the main info after build....so the malus of perk, cannons and hold u see in the right info like "combat spec"

In my opinion, right info is the effective specification of the ship and the mouseover info is the stacking / crafting

(und danke das es dauert bis man hier freigeschaltet wird um dem Problem mitzuwirken)

9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Any of you use as perk the hold optimization?

I indeed use that officer perk, but when i gave my ship back to the crafter we had the same numbers. So that is not the reason. I btw. have a teak/white rattle that has a base-speed below 12 if i remember correct.

Also till a dev ask for any new screens i wont make any, and in theory they should not need any since they can look it up ingame. So stop this 90's hardware forum thing were when someones mouse wasnt working people wanted to know everything from pc specs to carpet color and seat/table model numbers, and in the end it was just dirt in the rolls of the ball-mouse.

Edited by Lonar

13 hours ago, Lonar said:

your poor math teacher ....

13 hours ago, Lonar said:

you shouldnt post anything more in this thread, thx. 

2 hours ago, Lonar said:

Also till a dev ask for any new screens i wont make any, and in theory they should not need any since they can look it up ingame.

What the heck, Lonar!?

You make a post wondering what's up with your ships. People come to help with due diligence question to exclude the usual suspects and you get pissy with them?!

What if the community figured this out on our own without distracting the devs from their planned tasks?

You're not under attack, people are just trying to be helpful!

45 minutes ago, jodgi said:

What the heck, Lonar!?

You make a post wondering what's up with your ships. People come to help with due diligence question to exclude the usual suspects and you get pissy with them?!

What if the community figured this out on our own without distracting the devs from their planned tasks?

You're not under attack, people are just trying to be helpful!

Do we have to split individual sentences apart or do we care about the subject? ... ... just as inappropriate as DragonfireActual. No wonder the posts here are always degenerate

back to the Topic

8 hours ago, DerExcler said:

Well both ships has one different perk...correctliy, but the MAIN SPEED is different.... u see in "crafting info" (mouse over the ship in port)

ship one: 12.34

ship two: 12.31

The main speed is altered based on the weight the ship is carrying. To test this I gathered some iron ore and split it into a piece that weighted the same as the guns that were on the ship. I removed the guns and noted the change in the white number, then placed the iron in the cargo area and compared the value with the speed when the ship was armed. The speed (main) value was the same regardless if it was cannons or cargo. If you look at the listing you will see that both ships share 3 upgrades and have 2 that are different. That is the reason I asked for new SS to be taken was to avoid the conversation being further distracted by information that was not impacting on the the speed.

5 hours ago, Lonar said:

Also till a dev ask for any new screens i wont make any, and in theory they should not need any since they can look it up ingame. So stop this 90's hardware forum thing were when someones mouse wasnt working people wanted to know everything from pc specs to carpet color and seat/table model numbers, and in the end it was just dirt in the rolls of the ball-mouse.

Lonar, you came here seeking answers. The reason I asked for additional information was to show what I was correct in that the ships were different without upgrades. Attitude goes a long way towards getting people to help you or ignore you. So in the future, if you do not desire the community assisting you in answering a question then I would suggest just using F11 to submit a ticket for investigation. Bringing the situation here allows others to learn about in game undocumented aspects as this situation is NOT a bug but an old aspect of crafting from a while ago that has not been removed.

As you can see on the screenshots, there are different maximum hold capacity on both ships, the ship with more capacity has less penalty for the same loaded cargo (in our case - guns only). Hold optimization perk only affects stats on the current ship.

• Like 1