Game-Labs Forum

PROBLEM:

Oh dearest and most creative developers who are the most thoughtful of all developers, I would like to point something out. while many liberals in the World appreciate you being up with the times and allowing people their "safe space" in which no harm can ever come to them, I think you implementation of it destroys everything NA is about. This safe space (as best as I can tell) is so we don't have people rage quit the game after getting killed for or while being a newb, however, my brilliant devs perhaps you haven't realized that there is no reason for a player to ever leave protected area one could acquire hundreds of millions, max rank, and any ship they want all while protected by the magical first rate ghost fleet with their teleporting warp drives. so instead of it being a safe zone for newbs..... it has become a safe zone for all peoples of that nation where they can play the game without having to worry about some poor soul who is desperate enough for content in this game that he is out on the ocean trying to kill another player. so all the max rank players just go their protected area and farm until their hearts desire and no one can dare touch them. essentially you have created a PVE only zone in a game that requires only PVE in order to advance..... I get that you don't want pvp to be a part of NA open world edition and that your trying to funnel all those players over into naval action legends, and you just want this game to be a port battle simulator. although this has not been stated it is clear through the last several patches that this game is not for open world pvp. perhaps there is a better solution than giving the players with thousands of hours places where they can be totally safe because they are playing in the newb zone. 

SOLUTION:

make a tutorial zone that in the pacific ocean for newbs and pve players. where they can go about their merry way killing all the ai and making all the money that they want and no one could ever touch them. THEN give them the option to round the horn and come into the pvp world when they are ready . make a big fat warning sign that says once you leave you are no longer protected by NEWB status and you are fair game during the age of sail and there is no return. See wisdom in this  O glorious devs and no longer encourage the carebearification  of the world. See how easy it is to keep the newbs safe? idk why we had to give everyone in the game safe spaces where they could accomplish everything the game has to offer without ever being killed by another player. I guess for their sensitive needs, how thoughtful of our most considerate devs. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Or you could “maybe” keep using an alt like you did last night to avoid the safe spaces.

Shameful to see an acclaimed PVPer sink to such lows to sink a Prince.  

desperate times call for desperate measures. its okay Chrissy.... you have your "safe space". I would also like to point out that the newb zone is being used mostly by max rank players. 

• Like 1

so I have spent about 3 hours around morti this morning just watching. the lowest rank player I have seen is a demon. pirates are farming in their victorys and aggys. also I have seen at least 2 captains with 1 indianman and 3 indianman in tow make trade routes between ocean bight and islet both of course being max rank. so dearest devs please explain the point of the "safe place" because all you have done is provide an area where max rank players can do w/e they want with no risk at all. 

• Like 2

Only the lazy people hunt at capitals to catch noobs or people not interested in pvp,  quality PvP can be found elsewhere.

If you want PvP only then go play legends, otherwise learn to play on a PvP enabled server as everyone one does.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ravern said:

Only the lazy people hunt at capitals to catch noobs or people not interested in pvp,  quality PvP can be found elsewhere.

If you want PvP only then go play legends, otherwise learn to play on a PvP enabled server as everyone one does.

point proven about pushing pvpers to legends?  and my point is .....that its not the newbs around the capitals. its mostly max rank players farming. 

Honestly the game has improved with the reinforcement zones added.

Previously folks would just aimlessely gank right outside everyone's capital and it is probably the biggest reason for people leaving the game in recent months.

Strictly speaking, if people want pvp, they should find players that are not near the capital reinforcement zones. 

Concerning global - cayo biscayno has been created by players to largely be the "hub" of where you can find players who actually want to pvp, it's been made a neutral town for such a reason. The map is so vast for the populations we have on both servers that port battles are currently the only sure way you can expect some type of pvp. This isn't a solution and not ideal, but I prefer the reinforcement zones as I personally know of players who have been "hell camped" by folks who are too bloodthirsty for their own good, the US being the in the worst situation in the past when having to deal with pirate hordes camping the capital.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

Players already hava a choice. Join new nations, Prussia Poland Russia do not have safe zones, or if you want one stay in old nations. Players vote with nation population. So majority seems to want a safe harbour, right or wrong.

In my experience a bad attitude makes people want to sail and fight with you less, not more. While the original post is pretty terrible, I understand where he is coming from as a person looking for fights.

The strategy I might use in your situation: "Now that you have a safe zone to replace a lost ship, why not come out and have a fun fight with me." I would guess that isn't your style, but even so you can see where I'm coming from.

Call me old-fashioned, but getting people to want to fight you goes a long way. Of course it doesn't always work - a guy just declined a fair fight with me (Surprise vs Hermione) because he "couldn't trust me." =)

• Like 2

not saying to do away with the safe zone for the newbs. I'm saying do away with the safe zone for the people that are almost fully ranked up. let the newbs kill their ai that's fine. but people that are almost maxed rank are no longer newbs. they may still suck at the game but they are not a newb. and right now they all go to the safe zone to farm. 

Supposedly pirates can still jump enemy missions inside of the safe zones (but no one else, not even allies).

Never before have I been so tempted to join the pirates and go on a ganking spree if only just to make a point...But I suspect they will patch it out real soon once more PvErs complain about the only kink in the armour.

Boggles my mind why they didn't just make it a flat "No tagging possible" zone instead of all this...pretending. Do they actually believe that 2 1st rates for every PvPer is expected to be a manageable scenario?

Not to mention the fact that you can progress throughout most aspects of the game without ever leaving the zone. That, if anything, is a pretty good indicator of just how shallow the game truly is.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

Supposedly pirates can still jump enemy missions inside of the safe zones (but no one else, not even allies).

Never before have I been so tempted to join the pirates and go on a ganking spree if only just to make a point...But I suspect they will patch it out real soon once more PvErs complain about the only kink in the armour.

Boggles my mind why they didn't just make it a flat "No tagging possible" zone instead of all this...pretending. Do they actually believe that 2 1st rates for every PvPer is expected to be a manageable scenario?

Not to mention that the fact that you can progress throughout most aspects of the game without ever leaving the zone is a pretty good indicator of how shallow the game truly is.

my point exzactly sir. ty

1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

not saying to do away with the safe zone for the newbs. I'm saying do away with the safe zone for the people that are almost fully ranked up. let the newbs kill their ai that's fine. but people that are almost maxed rank are no longer newbs. they may still suck at the game but they are not a newb. and right now they all go to the safe zone to farm. 

Since when rank means anything? You can be max rank within 2 weeks. I take it you play the game for a lot longer than that... Let me guess over 4000 hours?

You probably think you just genetically gifted to be a keyboard warrior :rolleyes:

Edited by Rigs

56 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Not to mention the fact that you can progress throughout most aspects of the game without ever leaving the zone. That, if anything, is a pretty good indicator of just how shallow the game truly is.

Missions close instantly in the Reinforcement zone. Pirates can't get into the missions either. 

If a player tags an OW AI fleet, its possible to join however (Even inside the reinforcement zone). Sadly it is typically the noobs that attack random OW fleets. So many new players are the ones that get their battles jumped in the safe zone, while experienced higher ranks do their safe missions. 

54 minutes ago, Aegir said:

This is what needs to be addressed, the game needs more than the 600 players it currently has. 

Safe zones are fine, but people need a reason to leave them, not make them smaller or punish people that remain in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

If the pirate jumps into the mission will that person be able to call in reinforcements?

5 minutes ago, Christendom said:

If the pirate jumps into the mission will that person be able to call in reinforcements?

Pirates cannot jump missions in the reinforcement zone. The missions close instantly. 

If a player attacks an OW AI fleet inside the zone, it is possible for enemies to join on the AI side. The player cannot call reinforcements in that situation.  

18 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Missions close instantly in the Reinforcement zone. Pirates can't get into the missions either. 

If a player tags an OW AI fleet, its possible to join however (Even inside the reinforcement zone). Sadly it is typically the noobs that attack random OW fleets. So many new players are the ones that get their battles jumped in the safe zone, while experienced higher ranks do their safe missions. 

missions only need to be safe for newbs that's why they need to be put in a diff part of the world. pacific for example. you shouldn't be able to farm missions w/o risk if your just trying to get more money or more ship xp. 

5 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

missions only need to be safe for newbs that's why they need to be put in a diff part of the world. pacific for example. you shouldn't be able to farm missions w/o risk if your just trying to get more money or more ship xp. 

You must be a developer, tell us more how should we play the game. Please enlighten us more and write a disclaimer tutorial on the purpose of reinforcements zone! :rolleyes:

Edited by Rigs

And let's be frank here KoC, what you do can't really be called PVP.  It's just ganking. 

You roll around with 10+ people on average every night from 3-4 different nations and cruise around the pirate areas looking for lone ships sailing around and mercilessly gank them.  Once a decent sized force comes out that can challenge you...off your fleet runs to la tort or wherever.  You've done this all over the map for months now.  You tag players from other nations and hide in battle using the speed boost to catch up and join fights that your one or 2 person bait group sets.  You've now even resorted to using pirate alts to tag inside the safe zones and create outlaw battles.  

There is no skill involved in rolling around with 10% of the server's population just to kill 1 or 2 people.  The best part is you'll shit talk to them the entire time while you have 10 wasa's out there fighting a lone frigate you caught coming back from a mission.  This is griefing and is exactly the type of behavior the safe zones prevents against and it's purpose in the game is necessary to keep folks playing it.  One concept you never seemed to be able to grasp is that wolves need sheep.  To keep the sheep happy they need a space to get nice and fat.  You will over hunt an area, grief anyone around it and then whine on the forums that there is nothing to do in game and then just quit for 2 months.

If you want meaningful PVP, ditch the 10 other players from multiple different nations that call you daddy and hunt more than 1 nation of players on a server that barely cracks 150 people every night.  There's plenty of folks out there that are willing to go out and PVP nightly, including myself, but when you bring a huge gang bang fleet and then find nothing......stop bitching about it on the forums.  No one wants to fight your little band of followers.  Adapt or we'll see you in 2 months from now when quit out of boredom in the next couple of days.

The problem in this situation is how you play.  Not the safe zones.      

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

@Christendom fair and square. sadly though the other cowardly rats wouldn't come to join the fight. closest I will ever come to taking the black. at least the devs have provided us a way to hunt rats still.  that's morti in that pic797BB9CB153113D729B375ED4644F5EF6024EFD0

Wow, real skill!

I'm really getting fed up with this game and developers feeding these trolls!

I don't care at this point anymore...

Are you guys going to do anything?

@admin @Ink