Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action is now -60% OFF! Grab your cheap copy!

George Washington

There might be alts that enter the fray, but there are plenty of real players too. Help chat today was full of a stream of new captains with all kinds of questions, and some days that channel is pretty dead.

I wish there was a tutorial I could point them to other than saying "go to youtube," but it's good to see new players nonetheless. =)

17 hours ago, Batman said:

If you start a new job, there is usually someone explaining you what do to, how things in this company work ect.

Naval Action doesn't have any sort of tutorial. In help chat you see the same questions over and over again:

How do I put cannons on my ship?

How can I get repairs?

How do I get more crew?

How to find my mission?

How should I win against three ships in my mission?

Is there no navigation in this game?

Why do I have no money?

How to enter a port?

New players get frustrated even before they leave the port.

Veterans farming midshipmans outside Shroud Cay may technically be correct, but from a morale point of view it's just low. These people are only after their own fun, clearly not realizing (or they don't care) they ruin someone's experience of the game within the first ten minutes ingame. ggwp - the playerbase just went down one more - permanently

This is correct, although a fairly unclouded mind can answer those questions on their own even without a tutorial. I am sure Naval Action has not been their very first game :)

There is a fairly ( or was ) permanent presence of many veteran captains in Help channel. This should continue.

On 10/27/2017 at 5:46 AM, Bart Smith said:

Not bother about MT. New players for three new nations starting at Shroud and some reported get tag just after they leave port first time. Its like you open door and somebody smash your face with baseball bat.

Fortunately in the case of the new no-capital nations somebody just needs to tell them to sail their Basic Cutter to a less vulnerable port.