Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action is now -60% OFF! Grab your cheap copy!

George Washington

57 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I would wait for new UI and languages (maybe tutorial too) for the steam sale, but I won't complain.

I wondered about this too... didn't they mention that would be next on the list anyways? Don't get me wrong, the sale is nice of course and will bring new players ( and a load of alts ) but i worry about those that might have waited for a sale and then quit again and not come back...

Edited by Landsman

Never been a fan of unfinished games going on sale, kinda feels like a middle-finger to those who opted in early (higher risk) at full price.

Especially if it's not 10-30%, but the full 60.

Oh well, alt galore.

This is how I see it will move.

More players ---> NO UI + TUTORIAL = 1/2 bad reviews = back to 60% rating or less. #3starsforlife

Pros: More temporary players, more money for Devs

Cons: More negative reviews for no UI and no tutorials, players leaving game after 1-2 weeks. 

Conclusion, overall game rating will suffer a cut once again. Smart sale would be wise during UI+tutorial patch release day. This is just my opinion. 

How can Devs use this opportunity in a long run? Create customer mail system and send periodic 'Come back here is your gift' packages to all who purchased NA after UI and other things are fixed or when game is released. This will make sure a nice player come back. Packages can include 'treasure chests' with random content including 1 dura ships. 

Good luck and remember ' do not chase money , chase your dream ' .

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

@Demsity

You may be a tad behind the curve with all due respect. Even so, you wanna know what a FARMER, TWINK or MULE are? What is Dual Boxing and how will Sandboxie help me in the game…?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917654264

An [ELITE] Guide done a while back that explores the Dark Arts of Using ALTS…

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

10 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that many alts are used for bad reasons. There are good/innocent alts - agreed. 

@Peter Goldman

There is NO such thing as BAD ALT behavior. In fact it's always BAD PC behavior. An ALT is an internally viewed perception from YOUR own standpoint. Think about it.

Norfolk nWay, Norfolk nSoul and Norfolk nBlack have exactly the SAME rights and privileges as your favorite Norfolk nChance. Many players get confused around this issue and why I wrote the simple guide. 

watch out for those cheeky Russians Peter... monk44y, monk55y and monk66y...

Norfolk

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@Demsity

You may be a tad behind the curve with all due respect. Even so, you wanna know what a FARMER, TWINK or MULE are? What is Dual Boxing and how will Sandboxie help me in the game…?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917654264

An [ELITE] Guide done a while back that explores the Dark Arts of Using ALTS…

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

Its a joke dude... Calm down :D

• Like 1

Instead of spreading negativity in the forums... lets try to help all those newbies out! Give them some headstart money or ships, do a mission with them and explain some basic tactics as to which loadout to use and how to angle your ship. This community has more to offer than a vocal toxic minority!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Maybe start with stopping ganks near Shroud Cay? How low is killing newbies just after they left port for first time ever?

Shroud cay? Mortimer, alts club new guys all day long. Leader of this campaign is King of Crowns. Let's applaud. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 2

Just now, George Washington said:

Shroud cay? Mortimed alts club new guys all day long. Leader of this campaign is King of Crowns. 

Not bother about MT. New players for three new nations starting at Shroud and some reported get tag just after they leave port first time. Its like you open door and somebody smash your face with baseball bat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bart Smith said:

Not bother about MT. New players for three new nations starting at Shroud and some reported get tag just after they leave port first time. Its like you open door and somebody smash your face with baseball bat.

no, its more like starting a new job and then complain about the work you got to do :)

New nations are set to IMPOSSIBLE difficulty in the nation selection tab - If you choose one of the three nations, be sure you got friends that help you out

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liq said:

no, its more like starting a new job and then complain about the work you got to do :)

New nations are set to IMPOSSIBLE difficulty in the nation selection tab - If you choose one of the three nations, be sure you got friends that help you out

New job? mate get one so you will see how time for playing may be precious :lol: its a pixel game do not forget. BTW no safe zones and capital make hard enough - ganking lowbies at start not helping at all neither population neither game reviews...

6 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

New job? mate get one so you will see how time for playing may be precious :lol: its a pixel game do not forget. BTW no safe zones and capital make hard enough - ganking lowbies at start not helping at all neither population neither game reviews...

Got a fulltime job :)

All im saying is, if you chose Impossible difficulty from beginning, you shouldnt be complaining - lower difficulty for now by joining a nation with a safezone, and once you're experienced enough move on

Okay maybe my job example was a bad one :) But you also wouldn't start playing dark souls on Impossible difficulty if you've never played it before, right?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liq said:

All im saying is, if you chose Impossible difficulty from beginning, you shouldnt be complaining - lower difficulty for now by joining a nation with a safezone, and once you're experienced enough move on

Okay maybe my job example was a bad one :) But you also wouldn't start playing dark souls on Impossible difficulty if you've never played it before, right?

Where Liq? here in NA ? LOL 

P.S not complaining here just passing few new player first impressions ;)

4 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Where Liq? here in NA ? LOL 

P.S not complaining here just passing few new player first impressions ;)

Someone seems salty about the lack of a safezone  :) You guys are funny though; have had a 2v2 (2 surp vs endy and surp) vs 2 of your clans (max rank), they chained from beginning and never engaged - Wrong server choice maybe? :) 
Listen, not my bad you're not protecting your pve carebear crowd properly :) I'm enjoying the Coast of Haiti so far.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Liq said:

If you start a new job, there is usually someone explaining you what do to, how things in this company work ect.

Naval Action doesn't have any sort of tutorial. In help chat you see the same questions over and over again:

How do I put cannons on my ship?

How can I get repairs?

How do I get more crew?

How to find my mission?

How should I win against three ships in my mission?

Is there no navigation in this game?

Why do I have no money?

How to enter a port?

New players get frustrated even before they leave the port.

Veterans farming midshipmans outside Shroud Cay may technically be correct, but from a morale point of view it's just low. These people are only after their own fun, clearly not realizing (or they don't care) they ruin someone's experience of the game within the first ten minutes ingame. ggwp - the playerbase just went down one more - permanently

Edited by Batman
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Someone seems salty about the lack of a safezone  :) You guys are funny though; have had a 2v2 (2 surp vs endy and surp) vs 2 of your clans (max rank), they chained from beginning and never engaged - Wrong server choice maybe? :) 
Listen, not my bad you're not protecting your pve carebear crowd properly :) I'm enjoying the Coast of Haiti so far.

Ask them i`m always up to fight:)