Game-Labs Forum
Hammerhaj

Insta multi boarding

Well, the insta boarding is just annoying. If playing vs two opponents, you might have a change of fending one off, if boarded.

But then the other one board insta after disengage, I get angry. 

Should be a 1-2 minute timer after boarding where all cannot board, else ppl can just wait in line as of current mech. 

56 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Don't board some one when your surrounded by the other team plan and simple.

Must agree, imagine how frustrating it would be for the victim's ally if he couldn't counter-board you after you capture/disengage from his comrade's ship. Some ships could be at full sail and well away within a minute.

• Like 1

It's simple, don't get boarded by snows in the first place! 

Edited by Lz3

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Don't board some one when your surrounded by the other team plan and simple.

I didnt board, they did, twice.. Well if this is the case and you all feel that way, maybe allow player TO BOARD AT THE SAME TIME.. That's your logic and basically what is happening now. 10 cutters can pull you 1 at a time, what is 10 boarded you at the same time and the crew is added to the first boarder. This is not a good mech. Its hello kittying stupid. 

8 hours ago, _Masterviolin said:

Must agree, imagine how frustrating it would be for the victim's ally if he couldn't counter-board you after you capture/disengage from his comrade's ship. Some ships could be at full sail and well away within a minute.

When two little shits are shooting your sails, then you don't magically 100% and away do you? If they did a lucky boarding it would be that way, since they didn't no........... hello kitty that shit, its no skill... Solo hunting excluded from the game, didn't know... When I disengage, I want a timer else they can just stand up in line and prepare and I can be the sorry hello kittying hooker on shift waiting for NA and its players to hello kitty me in the ass... 

2 hours ago, Lz3 said:

It's simple, don't get boarded by snows in the first place! 

The only way to be sure about that not happening is by not playing NA. So when someone is discontent with the game mechs, you just say "well dont get shot and dont die". Dont play.. Ok man, fair enough.. Nice logic.. hello kitty that shit and  hello kitty that boarding mech - noobs will thrive in this game if we learn them this.. shoot only sails and masts, they are so weak now that they break right away.. Then all prepare and push the fella into the wind. Now get raped by game mechs.. 

If your in a battle with 10 vs 1 and you get boarded or board one guy your going to be screwed even if there was a timer.  Oh and there is a timer.  The player that initiated the board has to wait 30 secs before they can start another board.  This keeps folks from rage boarding mulit ships right after another.  See what I just said one guy boarding multi ships not mulit ships boarding one guy.  I done before in the past.  Boarded and took out 4 players in a battle cause they where all trying to take my ship......the only difference is I had the crew prep and marines to do it and I did.  I took all four ships from them.   Now this was back in press gang days but we have rum now to pretty much act as that perk.   

Now what you do since there is a cool down is you board the first guy, than you hope the second guy boards you.  By time your done with him you can board the third. 

As for escaping yesterday in a port battle I boarded another Heavy Rattler, by time I got out I had my sails at 100% and was on my way just as three more ships showed up and was in full broad side combat with them before I pulled off almost had one sunk but the port battle was over.  You need to have situational awareness of what was going on around you. I knew I would be in trouble so I popped sail repair right as the boarding started.  I didn't even have board mods but took the guy fast.  I had my ship sitting in a good wind to take off and escape too.  I didn't let myself get trapped.  Sounds like your either way out number or your letting yourself get trapped.

• Like 1

In your example, you mention a favorably position of the boarding. If 1 of these guys decided to rake you, you would have been done for.

If 10 players attack and 1 board, well you are hello kittyed. But the options are limited when 2 guys gets to board and you are not prepped.. When you disengage 1, can u prep for the next? No.. But he can. Its stupid.. In my scenario, the guy who boarded first was fully boarding equipped. Muskets, marines the whole thing.. Now, I fend this one off, losing a lot of crew, but I fend him off, the other one insta board. How will I get prep for this? 

In reality, the other ship would have to get in a position and provide suppressing musket fire from its top masts and hand cannons from the deck, or rake in the rear or aim shots below the waterline. Or they would board simultaneously. The current system is broken!

If this was reality in NA, when disengaging boarding would mean to withstand the collective, the boarding, musket or suppressing fire break free and continue the brawl.. As of now, its an evil circle. The other ship prepares and wait passively by, and insta-board whenever 1 is done. 0 dynamic battle right there, just circle of boards and toxic players bragging. Too gamey and stupid. 

Edited by Hammerhaj

25 minutes ago, Jef said:

if this was reallity, the 2 ships would have boarded you at the same time...

That is what I say.! For the second player, options should be provided, one could be to board simultaneously.. Else its impossible to break free.. You two can just trade boarding and keep player there whenever - ez win.. 

23 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

In reality a smart captain would never have turned into the wind with a Snow right behind him and allowed himself to be boarded.

Just sayin'

The boarding is ok, nothing wrong with that.. I broke free from you, but does not provide further options with current system, other than being insta boarded again. And you talk about skill. I chased you, you kited me. You win this victory with nothing but game mech flaw. Part of the game, its legal, I know. 

Its not skill.. 

Just sayin'

Edited by Hammerhaj

Hammer, you never told the full story on how this battle started and why we  'Kited' you away.

You tagged me right next to your fort, Greg was even between you and the fort. We (Greg and I) knew that the fort would be a challenge, and we decided to have you chase us. While we put distance between us and the forth, so we would have a fighting chance. 

You fell for it, if you would have stayed with the fort, we would have not been able to do much.

When you realized you were to far away, and returned, we positioned ourselves so you were unable to get back.

It's called tactics, not skill, but a plan for a chance of victory. 

the boarding itself, imagine you were to disengage, with your 50 crew left...  Even if we had a timer of 2 minutes, there was no way you would have gotten out, you didnt have rum, you were done.

GG

12 minutes ago, Jef said:

Hammer, you never told the full story on how this battle started and why we  'Kited' you away.

You tagged me right next to your fort, Greg was even between you and the fort. We (Greg and I) knew that the fort would be a challenge, and we decided to have you chase us. While we put distance between us and the forth, so we would have a fighting chance. 

You fell for it, if you would have stayed with the fort, we would have not been able to do much.

When you realized you were to far away, and returned, we positioned ourselves so you were unable to get back.

It's called tactics, not skill, but a plan for a chance of victory. 

the boarding itself, imagine you were to disengage, with your 50 crew left...  Even if we had a timer of 2 minutes, there was no way you would have gotten out, you didnt have rum, you were done.

GG

The full story has nothing to do with the topic.. What you are outlaying as a "genius" plan, really just comes boils down to me deciding to fight you and playing along. 

I decided to wait for you near the fort instead of going to harbor, if things went wrong I could easily sail away. In battle you sail away, and I decide to sail after you. After 45 minutes of kiting I sail away cause its hello kittying boring. You go after after me. I was on 76% sails, and could easily have sailed away if I stayed course. You could have done nothing against aim rear cannons of the sup. But I decided that I might be able to turn and cripple your mate, which I did.

3 times I had the opportunity to leave you as it was but I didn't. I wanted to fight a little. I didn't plan you to bore me out of the match and you got a lucky boarding, after I demasted one of you. I was turning to finish him off with double shots, but was boarded legally. I had rum, I had 98 crew after 1st board and you insta board after.. Why are you lying? I disengage, only to get instaboarded.

Game mechs wins here, you calculated nothing ^^ 

It's always surprising how people blame game mechanics, while playing a game :D 

Anyhow say what you will, that was the plan, you played along just perfectly, you sank gg

Regarding the 'instant boarding' it is part of the game, I was prepared in case you disengaged, to attack you.  It seems you don't like it, I'm not sure how else this can be implemented...

All I am saying, it should be made so players could do boarding simultaneously, so when one disengage, they actually break free. If you do not wish to board, then rake, if not wishing to rake, then sink me while the other is boarding. Begin against two players who get a board, insta boarding is inevitable. So why spend 40 points to disengage if instaboarded anyways..

The disengage button should just be removed then, disengaging in this case is redundant, because you already get caught in the next boarding when you do. Why disengage 1 to be boarded by another the instant after, caught in another loop of rock/paper/kitty

I want this to change in case I actually sail something of value, its also for your sake man. I will make more depth in the instances and it will be harder to take others ships

Take this for instance:

If your mate is boarding, you can assist him by assigning your crew join the fight, all between 50 or 100 in a party - or even go all in. You can give your mate help in this way, but in the meantime you are unable to shoot and move. The boarding becomes all or nothing and the disengage button will have a meaning.

This way multiple boarders can share the spoils and the victory. If the target disengage a 1 min timer kicks in.. If you truly crippled your opponent, the 1 minute wont make a difference. It would have in our case. Insta boarding wins, as of now =)

19 hours ago, Hammerhaj said:

Well, the insta boarding is just annoying. If playing vs two opponents, you might have a change of fending one off, if boarded.

But then the other one board insta after disengage, I get angry. 

Should be a 1-2 minute timer after boarding where all cannot board, else ppl can just wait in line as of current mech. 

Why? Be glad they haven't figure out how to do boarding properly.. Or you would   getting boarded by both f them at same time

8 hours ago, Jef said:

if this was reallity, the 2 ships would have boarded you at the same time...

LOl This is so true.

Jack hide here,  behind the deck, they can't hit you here.  Jack falls over dead from getting shot in back, from another ship boarding from other side.  Don't be Jack 

6 hours ago, Hammerhaj said:

All I am saying, it should be made so players could do boarding simultaneously, so when one disengage, they actually break free. If you do not wish to board, then rake, if not wishing to rake, then sink me while the other is boarding. Begin against two players who get a board, insta boarding is inevitable. So why spend 40 points to disengage if instaboarded anyways..

The disengage button should just be removed then, disengaging in this case is redundant, because you already get caught in the next boarding when you do. Why disengage 1 to be boarded by another the instant after, caught in another loop of rock/paper/kitty

I want this to change in case I actually sail something of value, its also for your sake man. I will make more depth in the instances and it will be harder to take others ships

Take this for instance:

If your mate is boarding, you can assist him by assigning your crew join the fight, all between 50 or 100 in a party - or even go all in. You can give your mate help in this way, but in the meantime you are unable to shoot and move. The boarding becomes all or nothing and the disengage button will have a meaning.

This way multiple boarders can share the spoils and the victory. If the target disengage a 1 min timer kicks in.. If you truly crippled your opponent, the 1 minute wont make a difference. It would have in our case. Insta boarding wins, as of now =)

If this is AI mate you have more of a problem than boarding.  A good/normal boarder can win a fight against an AI with 25% less crew no mods and no prep ever single time.. Really good ones can do it with 40-50% less crew no mods no prep never use rum.   In PVP and you are board mod fit a inger (got to know what you are doing) can take 1st rates fairly easy. 

I think in all fairness one cannot blame the boarding mechanic in this scenario as its been told by both parties. Boarding and avoiding being boarded as a good depth of skill to be mastered. The Whistles for boarding prep to scare would be pursuers and using your Rum stores to auto repair while in a boarding action can cripple an enemy…

Boarding is one of the few things I think I’m not too bad at in NA and agree with @JobaSet case.

This guy never blamed the mechanic, boarded one then jump across and took another ship. Didn’t follow orders too well either…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cape_St_Vincent_(1797)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-2bNxdxDCM

Norfolk.

18 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

I think in all fairness one cannot blame the boarding mechanic in this scenario as its been told by both parties. Boarding and avoiding being boarded as a good depth of skill to be mastered. The Whistles for boarding prep to scare would be pursuers and using your Rum stores to auto repair while in a boarding action can cripple an enemy…

Boarding is one of the few things I think I’m not too bad at in NA and agree with @JobaSet case.

This guy never blamed the mechanic, boarded one then jump across and took another ship. Didn’t follow orders too well either…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cape_St_Vincent_(1797)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-2bNxdxDCM

Norfolk.

I want a knight hood I boarded 7 ships in Camel toe 1 at Savannah port battle lol

16 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I want a knight hood I boarded 7 ships in Camel toe 1 at Savannah port battle lol

If you were blind in one eye (using this disability to disobey an order), and lost the use of an arm… oh and at the same time wooing a married woman of high society while using the “Nelson Bridge…” technique to bored multi ships in single battle… Then Yes @JobaSet you shall be known as the MASTER JUGGLER…!

8 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

Why? Be glad they haven't figure out how to do boarding properly.. Or you would   getting boarded by both f them at same time

That is what im saying - let them board at the same time by assigning crew to the initial boarder - when I disengage I actually disengage instead of current bull crap ? 

10 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

In reality 2 ships should be possible to board at the same time.

That's what im saying. 

8 hours ago, JobaSet said:

If this is AI mate you have more of a problem than boarding.  A good/normal boarder can win a fight against an AI with 25% less crew no mods and no prep ever single time.. Really good ones can do it with 40-50% less crew no mods no prep never use rum.   In PVP and you are board mod fit a inger (got to know what you are doing) can take 1st rates fairly easy. 

ITs not AI..

Edited by Hammerhaj

9 hours ago, JobaSet said:

I been beating a lot of the US/GB in board port battles with no board mods.   Most the time with 2-3 actions and very little lost on crew.  Even worse the few times I just put Barricades on and you pretty much destroy some one.  How's NA:L been?  I need to get on and play a bit of it this weekend.