Game-Labs Forum

Server Merge Poll

Galt

Server Merge Poll  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would the captains, from both servers, be in favor of a server merge?

• Yes, but with no restrictions on port battles
    • Yes, but with time restrictions on port battles
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2017 at 05:00 AM

58 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

You misunderstand.  a permanent PVE flag, not a PVP flag.  Such a player could not PVP at all.  You cannot in any way attack that player right now, so how does that bother you in any way?  The only way you even see that player is to log into the PVE server now, and you still can't attack them.

A PVP player can always be engaged, if that player selected his character to be PVP.

This has been tried in other games and it doens't work.  What happens is folks will have an alt in those PVE flagged chars and they will do all there econs with them.  In fact this game even had a neutral nation at one time to test it.

As for customers that paid for a game.  This is Alpha Test stage of a game in development.  They where only promised a PvE server after release.  SO they do no have to give it to them until than.   Even than they didn't promise them the whole map.   You show me exactly where anything other than some thing after release was promised to them?

While we are in this stage of the game there is no reason for three servers. In fact if they merged them and that includes the PvE server you are more than likely to get more PvE content having all players on the same server.  Most MMO's I have played do exctacly this.  They have none PvP zones on the game that are safe zones and if you leave these zones PvP is fair game, you don't get a whole make of PvE free unless it's a dedicated server and only games i ever see that do PvE dedicated servers has 1000's and 1000's of players not hardly can fill out 1000.   Even most of those games start out with like 10 servers and within a year drop down to just a few servers.  This game does not have the following right now to support three servers. Have you even notice how many players are on the PvE server?  It's almost always less players than either servers. I never seen them break more than 200.  Every time i have logged on it's been less than 100.  That map and I hear more of the guys complain they can't do anything.  If any thing it's the PvE elitist that don't want there little world messed up, the same guys that get very voilent and abusive when we even try to suggest something to the games problems that involve there servers too.

Again show me exactly where they where promised any server other than after release?   Than I'll back off on the concept of them being apart of one server with every one else.

1 hour ago, Liq said:

ahh alright 

However this sounds quite abusable by alts. But yeah, that could work I guess.

And those PvE marked players are still sailing on the same open world and can collect information etc. 

Seems tricky.

We had the neutral nation and it was abused like crazy by folks.  Doesn't work the only way to do it is with PvE zones they can have.  Much like we have with the current reinfercements zones, but the map is so big it wouldn't be hard for them to make PvE safe zone in the Gulf of Mexico.

4 hours ago, Red Dragon 13 said:

Server merge or not, I do not care as long as I keep and can access all my dear possessions including everything: outposts, buildings, ships, mods, books, goodies, gold, xp, rank etc.

NEVER GRINDING AGAIN!!!

You do know that it's very likely that there will be a wipe just before final release, right?

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As for customers that paid for a game.  This is Alpha Test stage of a game in development.  They where only promised a PvE server after release.  SO they do no have to give it to them until than.   Even than they didn't promise them the whole map.   You show me exactly where anything other than some thing after release was promised to them?

Again show me exactly where they where promised any server other than after release?   Than I'll back off on the concept of them being apart of one server with every one else.

That's the elitist attitude that sucks on this forum.  You didn't promised a whole map of PVP either!  Wake up man - IF YOU PAID FOR THE DAMN GAME YOU GET THE WHOLE THING, NOT PART OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Aegir said:

You do know that it's very likely that there will be a wipe just before final release, right?

That would be fine, but I thought after the last wipe the devs said no more asset wipes.  I thought?

I will post it if I can find it.  I think it was in that patch thread with hundreds of posts in it. :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

That would be fine, but I thought after the last wipe the devs said no more asset wipes.  I thought?

I will post it if I can find it.  I think it was in that patch thread with hundreds of posts in it. :rolleyes:

Full asset wipe once the game is release.

So at the very least we have a full wipe (except to keep our rank) once the game finally releases.

Just now, Teutonic said:

Full asset wipe once the game is release.

So at the very least we have a full wipe (except to keep our rank) once the game finally releases.

It would be a good idea to have a full asset wipe and a map reset at release, but that's getting a bit off topic from the OP.

24 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

I don't quite recall, but if they did I think they phrased it as no more asset wipes until release, not at release. Pretty sure that the final release wipe has been stated repeatedly as being virtually guaranteed to happen, but maybe it warrants being repeated so that people wont be surprised.

56 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

That's the elitist attitude that sucks on this forum.  You didn't promised a whole map of PVP either!  Wake up man - IF YOU PAID FOR THE DAMN GAME YOU GET THE WHOLE THING, NOT PART OF IT.

And it's us PvP guys trying to give up half the map to the PvE guys to make a better game.  No they didn't promice anything other than: 

Naval action - open world multiplayer sandbox

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat game immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Features:

Exciting bugs – Because its still alpha we have an interesting selection of annoying, strange, and sometimes wonderful bugs. We are squashing them one by one, but it's Caribbean - they will keep coming for quite some time.

Enormous open world – Large open world, recreated based on 18th Century maps, historical harbors, positions, and town names. We do not believe in the various modern hand-holding markers, thus player position is not shown on the map: you will have to navigate yourself using compass, sun or landmarks. PS. battles are instanced to allow extremely complex sailing and fighting calculations for 50 ship battles. 

Freedom – Build ships, trade, sink enemies of your nation. You can attack anyone almost everywhere. Remember that every action could have consequences. So don't attack everyone - or you will become a pirate. Conquer almost every port in the Caribbean, but remember! other adventurous captains will try to ruin your plans.

Beautiful ships – Accurate hull models, sail plans, guns, internal upgrades, historical speed, turning and heel performance. Ships from small cutters to large 100+ gun 1st rates will allow the player to experience every possible role of the Age of Sail period. 

Realistic sailing – Advanced wind and physics model provides for realistic portrayal of ship’s performance in the age of sail. Yard angles, ship angle to wind, fittings and ship condition affects speeds and turning rates. Correct tacking, boxhauling, clubhauling and other elements of the age of sail sailing are possible. Hidden ship characteristics will allow to gradually uncover potential of the vessel – every ship in game will be unique. 

Historical gunnery - Realistic ballistics and cannon performance of the period. Every cannonball is tracked in the air and after it hits the target. One shot can hit the stern, damage the rudder, then hit the cannon carriage, injure crew, ricochet from the floor and hit the opposite side. Listing and wind affects the shooting distance and will require change of tactics. 

Weapons - All major types of naval artillery are implemented: from long guns to carronades. Fort and land batteries will provide support during port battles. Mortars are coming soon.

Damage model - Leaks, structural damage, torn sails, demasting, raking, fires and all other hazards that were possible in that era. Damage is positional: hit the gun and you might destroy it. Gunnery crews are placed deck by deck. Shot can pass through the balcony, ricochet of the gun, hit a crew member and then fly out of the gunport splashing into the water. Armor thickness and wood type is implemented and at extreme angles cannonballs will ricochet from the hulls. 

Community driven development - Players actively participate in development and many elements of the game have already been implemented based on the player feedback. Content is immediately given out to players for testing and improvement. Share your thoughts in comments or on the forums.

So show me where it says there has to be a PvP or PvE only server and it can't be combined into a PvP/PvE server (which we actually all ready have on both the EU and GLOBAL servers).  There is no promise of a PvP or PvE only server and none of us expect that.  You would still have the option to explore the whole map, just at the risk of getting attacked if you leave the safe PvE zones.   

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And it's us PvP guys trying to give up half the map to the PvE guys to make a better game.  No they didn't promice anything other than: 

Naval action - open world multiplayer sandbox

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat game immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Features:

Exciting bugs – Because its still alpha we have an interesting selection of annoying, strange, and sometimes wonderful bugs. We are squashing them one by one, but it's Caribbean - they will keep coming for quite some time.

Enormous open world – Large open world, recreated based on 18th Century maps, historical harbors, positions, and town names. We do not believe in the various modern hand-holding markers, thus player position is not shown on the map: you will have to navigate yourself using compass, sun or landmarks. PS. battles are instanced to allow extremely complex sailing and fighting calculations for 50 ship battles. 

Freedom – Build ships, trade, sink enemies of your nation. You can attack anyone almost everywhere. Remember that every action could have consequences. So don't attack everyone - or you will become a pirate. Conquer almost every port in the Caribbean, but remember! other adventurous captains will try to ruin your plans.

Beautiful ships – Accurate hull models, sail plans, guns, internal upgrades, historical speed, turning and heel performance. Ships from small cutters to large 100+ gun 1st rates will allow the player to experience every possible role of the Age of Sail period. 

Realistic sailing – Advanced wind and physics model provides for realistic portrayal of ship’s performance in the age of sail. Yard angles, ship angle to wind, fittings and ship condition affects speeds and turning rates. Correct tacking, boxhauling, clubhauling and other elements of the age of sail sailing are possible. Hidden ship characteristics will allow to gradually uncover potential of the vessel – every ship in game will be unique. 

Historical gunnery - Realistic ballistics and cannon performance of the period. Every cannonball is tracked in the air and after it hits the target. One shot can hit the stern, damage the rudder, then hit the cannon carriage, injure crew, ricochet from the floor and hit the opposite side. Listing and wind affects the shooting distance and will require change of tactics. 

Weapons - All major types of naval artillery are implemented: from long guns to carronades. Fort and land batteries will provide support during port battles. Mortars are coming soon.

Damage model - Leaks, structural damage, torn sails, demasting, raking, fires and all other hazards that were possible in that era. Damage is positional: hit the gun and you might destroy it. Gunnery crews are placed deck by deck. Shot can pass through the balcony, ricochet of the gun, hit a crew member and then fly out of the gunport splashing into the water. Armor thickness and wood type is implemented and at extreme angles cannonballs will ricochet from the hulls. 

Community driven development - Players actively participate in development and many elements of the game have already been implemented based on the player feedback. Content is immediately given out to players for testing and improvement. Share your thoughts in comments or on the forums.

So show me where it says there has to be a PvP or PvE only server and it can't be combined into a PvP/PvE server (which we actually all ready have on both the EU and GLOBAL servers).  There is no promise of a PvP or PvE only server and none of us expect that.  You would still have the option to explore the whole map, just at the risk of getting attacked if you leave the safe PvE zones.   

Did you even bother to read what I wrote?  OFC not.  I suggested a method for combining, did you read over it?

23 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Did you even bother to read what I wrote?  OFC not.  I suggested a method for combining, did you read over it?

Did you read our responce, it's been done with neutral nation and didn't work.  It's been done on other games and didn't work. It's been abused on many games and it would be on this.  That does not work on a mixed PvP/PvE server.  ZONES do work though and many AAA games use them instead of flags.   

SO DID YOU READ WHAT WE POSTED?   Apparently not.  So don't accuse me of something when I actually answered your post on that.

4 hours ago, Liq said:

please no pvp-flag on a pvp server - you shouldnt be able to dictate when you're ready to get engaged - ganking is part of an MMO, especially on an age of sail MMO

Safezones should be enough protection and recovery area

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This has been tried in other games and it doens't work.  What happens is folks will have an alt in those PVE flagged chars and they will do all there econs with them.  In fact this game even had a neutral nation at one time to test it.

------Removed over text-----

I assume you weren't around for Neutral nation/ports?

46 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Yeah I read it.  You just don't get it.  PVE server people don't want to merge with PVP server.  They will quit.  Is that simple enough for you to understand?  Should I type slower?

honestly if people are gonna quit over us all being on one server then why bother playing the game that's like kindergarten, this is my toy and know one can play with it.

i don't see why for now we cant sub divide the map a little to suit pve'ers and have a system were we can set timers so ports cant be flipped in off peek hours,

also as soon as the realisation by all that ports mean sweet fa these days bar possibly 3-4 the better and those that are worth holding will always be open to all because of the goods they have and people will want there tax from them   

Edited by Rebrall

7 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

I think you're referring to this statement made while discussing clan wars:

Admin: 

"another statement on the wipe

There will be no wipe. only map reset. In fact there might be no wipes any more even on release. But its not a promise. "

I wouldn't hold my breath but would guess the Devs would prefer not to have to do a wipe. But it could happen. Most of us have expected it before release.

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Farrago said:

I think you're referring to this statement made while discussing clan wars:

Admin: 

"another statement on the wipe

There will be no wipe. only map reset. In fact there might be no wipes any more even on release. But its not a promise. "

I wouldn't hold my breath but would guess the Devs would prefer not to have to do a wipe. But it could happen. Most of us have expected it before release.

Ah, thanks for hunting that down. ;)

11 hours ago, Rebrall said:

honestly if people are gonna quit over us all being on one server then why bother playing the game that's like kindergarten, this is my toy and know one can play with it.

i don't see why for now we cant sub divide the map a little to suit pve'ers and have a system were we can set timers so ports cant be flipped in off peek hours,

also as soon as the realisation by all that ports mean sweet fa these days bar possibly 3-4 the better and those that are worth holding will always be open to all because of the goods they have and people will want there tax from them   

I don't speak for everyone on the PVE server, but I can tell you what I constantly read.  On the PVE server there is a similar response whenever this comes up; if it is suggested that those players must go to the pvp server it is a pretty common response and a general hoorah, just won't play anymore.  Why?  Because so many of those players it seems left the PVP server in the first place from the toxic environment, the place where they see the actual kindergarten activity displayed.  On the PVE server I don't see anyone bickering, over anything at all.  It's team play on that server.  Merging that group of players is a fallacy, it cannot happen.  Because they won't be there after said merge.  All you would've done is eliminate their game.  It's exhausting trying to explain that over and over, it has nothing to do with them sharing any playground, it is their own unique place to play, and when it is gone they are not going to switch their game to yours.  Again I don't speak for everyone, so maybe I venture to guess you get 5 players?  Hardly seems worth all this.  But keep arguing for it if that's what makes you happy, to take away something from others when it in no way would benefit you, but would definitely hurt them. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

If you are talking about merging PvP servers, I have no particular opinion about it as I am not a PvP player and do not feel it concerns me or would it be appropriate for me to meddle in other people's business, therefore I did not vote. If you are a PvP player and asking to merge PvP and PvE servers then I will share my opinion.

This has been debated multiple times and if you still fail to see (or don't care about , for that matter) the disastrous results it will bring upon the PvE community then it is just a sad state of affairs!

Even as a non PvP player, I can understand that the PvP servers need more players to have an increased rate of PvP action. It doesn't take much for a PvE player, ie me,  to understand that and I also totally understand the efforts of the PvP community who is tirelessly trying to achieve that goal: attract and retain players for the PvP servers.

However, believing that forcing PvE players to join PvP servers (or single server) will increase the PvP player base is a total fallacy bordering on the delusion!

But again, I have also come to somewhat understand that thinking process: "I am a PvP player, this is a PvP game everyone must play PvP style". When you do not accept any other play style than your own, you can not see the need or understand the wishes of people with a different play style than yours. Some PvP'ers are saying Gamelabs "never promised a separate PvE server" and quoting the steam description of NA. Sure, however even though the Devs did not make that promise, they still added a completely separate PvE server. I do not recall what they said their rationale was, but the fact of the matter is that we have a PvE server that has attracted a different community than the PvP one and they want to continue to play on that server, not the PvP server.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rebrall said:

Actually what I read seems just the opposite.  Some players are saying they are not willing to play a game that they do not enjoy.   They are offering their opinion that the game sucks or about extreme changes to the game would change it so completely it would not be worth playing.

It seems very kindergarten to expect mature adults to continue investing their time playing a game that they have no interest in.    Perhaps the merge would work best if we had a teacher who could force everyone to stay and make us play together ... regardless of what the game is.

The game seems good to me right now.   I used to play on all 3 servers.  Since the last wipe I've spent almost all my time on one.   It is still reassuring to have a choice.

Perhaps we should leave the set up as it is. 

• Merging the servers will not make a big difference to the population.  And we will lose some players who are happy with the status quo.  
  • For players who are threatening to quit if the servers are not merged .... let them.  They are not happy and their absence will not make much difference to the population.

A better option than a merge may be to allow a one time opportunity for players to transfer assets from Global to Euro.

And the PvE players are not hurting anyone in PvP.  It is not feasible to expect that they will stay if they are forced into a PvP server.  There seems to be no benefit to killing the PvE server.

If the reason for a merge is that Game-labs can not afford to maintain 3 servers then none of the discussion has merit.   The discussion should be focused on possibilities for alternate funding.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Actually what I read seems just the opposite.  Some players are saying they are not willing to play a game that they do not enjoy.   They are offering their opinion that the game sucks or about extreme changes to the game would change it so completely it would not be worth playing.

It seems very kindergarten to expect mature adults to continue investing their time playing a game that they have no interest in.    Perhaps the merge would work best if we had a teacher who could force everyone to stay and make us play together ... regardless of what the game is.

The game seems good to me right now.   I used to play on all 3 servers.  Since the last wipe I've spent almost all my time on one.   It is still reassuring to have a choice.

Perhaps we should leave the set up as it is. 

• Merging the servers will not make a big difference to the population.  And we will lose some players who are happy with the status quo.  
  • For players who are threatening to quit if the servers are not merged .... let them.  They are not happy and their absence will not make much difference to the population.

A better option than a merge may be to allow a one time opportunity for players to transfer assets from Global to Euro.

And the PvE players are not hurting anyone in PvP.  It is not feasible to expect that they will stay if they are forced into a PvP server.  There seems to be no benefit to killing the PvE server.

If the reason for a merge is that Game-labs can not afford to maintain 3 servers then none of the discussion has merit.   The discussion should be focused on possibilities for alternate funding.

look at the poll results 

49 players said yes with no restrictions

81 players said yes with restrictions 

52 said no 

130 vs 52 so far the majority said yes 

fyi i would love to see this be an in game poll.

I also agree with the split on release not before and the map is large enough to sustain Both a PVE zone & a PVP zone so why would PvE'ers quit when they don't have to worry about going into the pvp zone??

And as you conveniently missed this 

17 hours ago, Rebrall said:

i don't see why for now we cant sub divide the map a little to suit pve'ers

and as for pvp server merge

17 hours ago, Rebrall said:

have a system were we can set timers so ports cant be flipped in off peek hours,

other then the port's that have parts for Modules/perm upgrades like carta tar name any port worth holding???

all of the national ports (except the new nations) have all the goods to craft ships and you can easily do 4th rate pb's in any build you want you just use a WASA so there is no excuse or reason you need certain port's.

I would put money all those ports with module parts would remain open to all so we could all have it and if they didn't well there would be PB's which is content which is why alot of players play the game, 

also those that want to use exotic woods in there ship builds would have to trade more, which puts more ships in OW as you would have more trade ships and more escort ships which puts more hunters on the water which = OW PvP so more content 

so again what's the problem

also just for the players who cry about night flips those that play outside of EU hours hate empty PB's so the chances are slim to none it will happen anyway. And there is nothing stopping you doing it in return  

P.S. if you quote some one make sure you quote the whole statement not the bits you want to make yourself's look good :)   (that's aimed at everyone btw) 

• Like 1

I've readied my new 35 kg/77 lb lab/golden sea dog in the wings to rescue me should the incoming get too dangerous 'cause I'll probably insult or hurt the feelings of all 3 communities.

When I first began the game there were 3 PvP servers and 1 PvE server. The combined population was much higher than it is now. I had a character on all 4 servers but usually only played on the PvE and PvP US servers. After the butthurt of the merge settled down then began the drumbeat to force the PvP US people to be merged with PvP EU and of course get rid of the useless resource wasting PvEr's. Then came "The Wipe" and the same monster raises it's ugly head trying to force players of a game to do what they just DO NOT want to do. So this has been going on for a long time. What should be done about it? Never can make everyone happy, won't happen ever. How could we come close to getting all 3 communities able to work together because running 3 servers at this total population IS wasteful of financial resources and undercuts development which impacts the gaming content of all players.

A few things I see that while they won't make everyone happy might come close. My ideas come from reading the forums and in game chat while sailing.

For the PvPr's PB timers seem to be the big issue. I totally understand time zones, the need to sleep and real life. When a clan owns a port they should be able to set the PB window at a time when they are able to defend so that it does not interfere with work, family or sleep etc. That is then displayed so that everyone knows ahead of time and an attacker knows when the battle window is and has thus agreed to that time frame. If an attacking clan wants to get up at 3:00 AM their time to capture a port then that is their decision and the port owner has not been dragged into a battle that is, time wise, untenable and ruins their fun. A game should be fun or what is the point. Given all the time zones in the community there should be RvR for everyone that wants it.

More player sailed ships running around in OW means more PvP opportunities for those that want that.

Now I come to the PvErs. In no way shape or form are they going to want to be forced to interact with what they see as a toxic, bullying group of people and getting griefed or be trapped in a small part of the map. They are also always wanting more content. So give them a PvE flag so that they can sail around enjoying their PvE unhindered but with a twist, that some might like and others not, they can be tagged and drawn into a battle instance once every so often. During the countdown timer they have the opportunity to accept or decline the battle. If they accept they can have fun and maybe you win a PvP convert. If they decline the instance closes and they go about their business having only lost a couple of minutes of their time and hopefully gotten quite a thrill and cannot be tagged again for a period of time. To fulfill their PB needs let them be able to do the free towns. Fun for them and no affect on the PvP people. Have more player sailed ships in the OW would benefit everyone by making it more lively.

In closing, there is no perfect solution just can we come close to giving everyone fun. Look some things like the PB timers, given that RvR is clan based now, we should be able to work that out ourselves, don't need to waste the devs time giving us hard boundaries. PvE flag should make PvE people happy, can't be bothered unless they want to. PvP people that are so worried about it being misused, get over it, I really can't think of any other solution that would allow them to play on the same server as the PvP people. Devs save money and can put more resources into the game. For very little downside to any faction I think that if done right a merge would be good for all.

An addendum that has nothing to do with merges. We need numbers. Reach out to the noobs, even if you think they are alt spies. You'll never really know who is real or not and we are THE best tutorial. Given there is no green on green except in the pirates, seasoned players from other factions instead of griefing noobs, and I realize that it is only a few that enjoy sealclubing, if you would make yourself available to teach them it would make a great difference toward new player retention. I'm no noob at gaming but I remember how totally stuck I was when I first got the game. They won't know about all the great player made videos on YouTube, they won't think of it. Just punching WASD keys and see what happens, "Oh Lord, sails are up and the ship is moving, now what do I do?" And how do you attack? Then I figured that out and spent an inordinate amount of time getting blown to bits and sunk. Gosh what a box of rocks I was. And I remember all the good people that reached out and helped me. And, yes the ones that shunned me thinking I was a spy and the ones that sealclubed me. And realizing how great the vast majority of the players, from all factions, are in this game.

Now my gallant sea dog has me by the pant leg and is dragging me off stage before I get into too much trouble. "I just get a new master and he does dangerous things. I don't want to be an orphan again!".

Fair sailing and have a great day or night.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebrall said:

look at the poll results 

52 said no 

Just on that note, remember that this poll is about what people want.

Not if it's doable. Not how it is going to be done. Just whether or not people want it.

Making a poll on "Who wants world peace?" doesn't bring us a one step closer to making it likely to ever happen.

13 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Just on that note, remember that this poll is about what people want.

Not if it's doable. Not how it is going to be done. Just whether or not people want it.

Making a poll on "Who wants world peace?" doesn't bring us a one step closer to making it likely to ever happen.

I interpret differently.  100,000 players, so almost all of them voted with their feet.

Have the Devs actually mentioned anything about the PvE server being a financial and/or resource sink? Or is it something non PvE players are throwing out there to justify or disguise their own reasons to just get rid of a server and its community?

Cause that sounds just like what Jean Ribault was saying: "But keep arguing for it if that's what makes you happy, to take away something from others when it in no way would benefit you, but would definitely hurt them". And I would add: the PvE server is in now way bothering/interfering with the ones that are the most vocal about wanting to eliminate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebrall said:

look at the poll results 

52 said no 

Just want to clarify something since the thread went into the inevitable discussion about eliminating the PvE server. This poll is about merging PvP servers, not PvE-PvP servers!

Right???

PS: "Just on that note, remember that this poll is about what people want."

I would say what 182 people want out of how many thousands play/own the game. If anyone was actually paying attention during statistics class, then one would know that "n" is very important. Larger sample sizes generally lead to increased precision when estimating parameters.

Edited by AngryPanCake
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rebrall said:

And as you conveniently missed this 

I missed lots. If you don't see why for now we cant sub divide the map a little to suit pve'ers  or why would PvE'ers quit when they don't have to worry about going into the pvp zone? you may want to read the following threads:

In March the admin announced that the PvE server would be closed.  Later that month the admin guaranteed that the PvE server would not be closed  for at least a year and a half after the game release.  Within the threads above are detailed explanations about the reasons that  players do not want the PvE server to be merged with PvP.