Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

34 minutes ago, North said:

iam pretty sure he meant an update since the last infos are from end of july.... 🤦‍♂️

For more than 86 hours, there is no information on any port capture activity.

Peace came to Caribbean :D

Edited by qw569
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Immersive Ganking said:

Nice to see Russians realizing their mistakes. It's a first step.

If a game that is planned for years, after two to three months by an active nation is brought to failure, then it is my view more a system error and not the fault of the players.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Peace has descended because of high BR port battles.

29 minutes ago, Immersive Ganking said:

Nice to see Russians realizing their mistakes. It's a first step.

9 minutes ago, Georg Fromm said:

If a game that is planned for years, after two to three months by an active nation is brought to failure, then it is my view more a system error and not the fault of the players.

🤣

• Like 1

It would be nice to see BR lowered for some ports, but ultimately its up to the players whether they wanna play the game or pout and watch the game pop vanish like a fart in the wind. The PZs have been fun lately so i can't complain.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

It would be nice to see BR lowered for some ports, but ultimately its up to the players whether they wanna play the game or pout and watch the game pop vanish like a fart in the wind. The PZs have been fun lately so i can't complain.

you cant rely on players playing fair, because us humans are all alike, we want the best for ourselves, and want good entertainment for ourselves. Therefore players that know about game flaws would use them to full extent and use every possible way to gain an upper hand. I agree reduced BR on ports will improve the RvR, BUT what happens when the offensive pb fleet will only get screened out by 1st rates? im willing to test it, because it worked for 6 months before they went nuts again on the BR.

Im in fair belief that the only chance to balance it is to limit the amout of permits available for the biggest ships on the server, and not giving the players any choice.

Edited by Wyy
  • Like 1

But we need moar RvR.... We shoud drop the Gloves and go for Craftingport, so the other Nations wake up :-)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Meraun said:

But we need moar RvR.... We shoud drop the Gloves and go for Craftingport, so the other Nations wake up 🙂

No they would no show, then bitch on the forums about not having a chance.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Meraun said:

But we need moar RvR.... We shoud drop the Gloves and go for Craftingport, so the other Nations wake up 🙂

11 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

No they would no show, then bitch on the forums about not having a chance.

then they would stop playing. I thought you wanted more people to fight, not less...

32 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

then they would stop playing. I thought you wanted more people to fight, not less...

The pop is already going down man, of course i want more people but when nothing is happening people get bored and leave. Seems like the plan now is to do nothing untill we're back to 300 then the devs will be forced to lower BR. Sounds like a joke but at this point i wouldn't surprised if its really not.

22 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

So still lots of Russians ganking?

Ive been ganked/outnumbered in almost every fight in every zone except shroud. Stop whining. Oak oak ships are easily replaced so you wont see me bitching about it.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

let the owner clans decide their own br for their own port

they choose the taxes

they choose the timer 

why can't they chose the br of the port battle ( within parameters ) ?

said it before, keep saying. If a clan wants huge br port battles, that is fine. If another clan wants port battles half that size.... why not

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

let the owner clans decide their own br for their own port

they choose the taxes

they choose the timer 

why can't they chose the br of the port battle ( within parameters ) ?

said it before, keep saying. If a clan wants huge br port battles, that is fine. If another clan wants port battles half that size.... why not

So they could set the BR to allow only 1 v 1 cutter duels? Plz no.

I still suggest the BR should be related to the number of captains using that port. It would be reatively easy to code a point value for resource buildings, clan warehouses, forts, and towers, etc. The total of theese things would set the BR value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

During US prime time we have a bunch of scarred little boys. WO tried to wake up the pirates... and those ones moved the timers and left for another nation....

Then we attacked the only Russian port that was in our timer and nobody showed up to defend it.

The state of the game is shitty for RvR.

But there is still hope for pvp.

There's a pirate port in the shallows right now with a 1-4 timer.  Why haven't you attacked it?

US have evening timers.  Why haven't you attacked?

Plata has evening timers.  Why haven't you attacked?

WO knocks out GB evening players a week into the release.  That GB clan says yea no thanks to the zerg and swaps to another nation.  WO then allies with the US and uses US/Prussian and even a couple swedes to screen while attacking Pirate ports, including a main crafting hub, then that pirate clan says no thanks to the zerg and swaps nations. 

It would seem that you've allied with the majority of the US time zone players in the game and then bullied the remaining ones to other nations.  Now you weep for a lack of content.  It's astonishingly ironic.   

The only constant in all of these scenarios is.......you.

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

There's a pirate port in the shallows right now with a 1-4 timer.  Why haven't you attacked it?

WO knocks out GB evening players a week into the release.  That GB clan says yea no thanks to the zerg and swaps to another nation.  WO then allies with the US and uses US/Prussian and even a couple swedes to screen while attacking Pirate ports, including a main crafting hub, then that pirate clan says no thanks to the zerg and swaps nations. 

It would seem that you've allied with the majority of the US time zone players in the game and then bullied the remaining ones to other nations.  Now you weep for a lack of content.  It's astonishingly ironic.   

22 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

We moved to the Dutch nation (at the beginning of the server, we didn't jump like some pirates in the middle of a war) with the hope that we would get more targets...
But RvR is almost dead now... and big pvp battles are almost impossible to get nowadays.

Not to mention they leave a small nation (France) for what everyone knew would be a large nation at release (Dutch) in hope for "more targets". Logical.

Edited by Spikes
  • Like 3

Hmm why not just remove the damn timers and replace them with chosable BR limits? Every clan coud set the limit to his benefit

5 hours ago, Meraun said:

Hmm why not just remove the damn timers and replace them with chosable BR limits? Every clan coud set the limit to his benefit

4 hours ago, Staunberg said:

So chose the BR an have to get up in the midle of the Night. I am to old for that, sorry.

Don't worry, ppl would either set the BR to a million or set it to only 1 cutter.

10 hours ago, Potemkin said:

I'm happy just raiding. A lot of folks need that end game content to keep them interested though.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 12:55 PM, Severus Snape said:

lmao wow you really are ridiculous man. How are you going to play the victim? How are you going to back a nation into a corner, threaten to wipe them off the map, and then bitch when they find a way to get some reprieve? It doesn't matter what nation you switch to, you will always be a rat. You go for the easiest and weakest targets. You could've pushed any direction from Mortimer Town. It literally is in the middle of the map. You chose to push into the US because they were the easiest target. Then, when you start to feel some pressure from an actual threat, you run like a little bitch. The way you play this game is honestly embarrassing. Spying and luring with international alts, flip flopping nations, seal clubbing. Have fun in Russia; I'm sure you'll find a way to piss everyone over there off too.

• Like 4

The high BR numbers are a problem but.............................................
In every other game the developers make sure that the opponents are about the same numbers.

Since many players are stupid and choose the strongest nation, the developers have to limit the size of the nations.
A nation-balancing would help the game - or rescue it.

Oversized nations ruin the game. This starts with the PZ and ends with the PB.

The result is - empty PZ and no PB.

• Like 4