Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

100% agree.

Is not what you say :)

Is how you say it.

Can have all the blood feuds you want, but keep it decent.

Is it so hard !?

I am sure it isn't, unless your mind lives in a gutter.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vazco said:

This is not only in game :) People like/need emotions to organize. In game, in politics... Sticking it to each other is one of the fuels of this game. Clan-based and nation-based vendetta is something that gives people some reason, even if some ports are just dots on the map, or some data in some database.

Like in Game of Thrones, we need Joffrey's and White Walkers :) People like to hate them.

There is also an equal argument that many people had strong friendships with enemies as well, Generals Tom Rosser and George Custer were friends at West point, a friendship that endured through the American Civil War until Custer's demise at the Little Big Horn in 1876. Many Captains of warships had friends within potential enemy fleets, that also lasted well beyond the wars they fought in, even today all warships host dinners and events for foreign Officers, with the knowledge that one day they may have to oppose them in battle, as in the case of Captain's Harwood and Langsdorf of River Plate fame, none of the officers named failed in their duties when the time came to fight.

It is, as always, individual human nature that determines the level of friendship  or animosity between combatants. :)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

There is also an equal argument that many people had strong friendships with enemies as well, Generals Tom Rosser and George Custer were friends at West point, a friendship that endured through the American Civil War until Custer's demise at the Little Big Horn in 1876. Many Captains of warships had friends within potential enemy fleets, that also lasted well beyond the wars they fought in, even today all warships host dinners and events for foreign Officers, with the knowledge that one day they may have to oppose them in battle, as in the case of Captain's Harwood and Langsdorf of River Plate fame, none of the officers named failed in their duties when the time came to fight.

It is, as always, individual human nature that determines the level of friendship  or animosity between combatants. :)

well said. you can also look at the "first cousins" all on different sides in world war 1

7 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

well said. you can also look at the "first cousins" all on different sides in world war 1

Indeed, Tsar Nicolas, Kaiser Wilhelm and King George were all related by their direct or indirect relationship to Queen Victoria.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

You can do it on your own Club and invite all the toxic crowd there.

https://forum.game-labs.net/clubs/

:) 

They fully lived up to the purpos of this thread. They brought flavor to the RvR. Just made it more fun. Nobody forced any one to read the Caribbean news. But guess we all only should say GG an HF. 

Damn, what a drama queen :D 

GG and HF doesn't make justice to many content which is absolutely awesome.

Needs more words. Not more garbage.

Clubs can be access by anyone really, that is interested in the content, while the News is delivered right up the readers face without requesting it.

42 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

You can do it on your own Club and invite all the toxic crowd there.

https://forum.game-labs.net/clubs/

:) 

They fully lived up to the purpos of this thread. They brought flavor to the RvR. Just made it more fun. Nobody forced any one to read the Caribbean news. But guess we all only should say GG an HF. 

28 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Clubs can be access by anyone really, that is interested in the content, while the News is delivered right up the readers face without requesting it.

No it is not. You have to click on it to go in to it. Otherwise all you see is the name of the tread. You can not read what ppl have written unless you your self make an active effort to acces it.  I can understand all other treads need to be clean, But not the Caribbean invasion news. 

Ofc there is a limited what ppl can say. Like” I wich you die of cancers”  is a no go. 

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

Glad we come to an understanding :) 

See ! Not hard and don't need to write a novel.

Just light spirited cool beans stories.

11 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

You can have both (eg. I have both in NA). Still, you won't convince people to spend their time on grinding AI for hostility and then probably loose their hard to build ships if they don't have a good reason to do so. Sticking it to enemy is a good reason. A friendship with an enemy isn't one.

12 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Can have all the blood feuds you want, but keep it decent.

I don't see a single point where I crossed decency. Still, different people have this barrier in different places. I don't even know where your is, let alone a few hundret people reading this thread. It's not realistic to assume everyone will follow your standards, as they're even not defined :) Just like everyone wants politicians to behave "decent", you can want people to behave decent here. They won't - and most people don't really want them to.

Not you specifically but if the hat fits... you're welcome.

4 hours ago, vazco said:

You can have both (eg. I have both in NA). Still, you won't convince people to spend their time on grinding AI for hostility and then probably loose their hard to build ships if they don't have a good reason to do so. Sticking it to enemy is a good reason. A friendship with an enemy isn't one.

Yes, you can, like yourself, I know people whom I have fought alongside, who now fly combatant flags, and whom I like as people. There are, thankfully, none whom I dislike personally even if I disagree with their views or practices.

It was not my intent to convince anyone to grind AI for hostility, or, throw away ships without good reason, to my mind such actions are personal choices, I do, however, take the view that one volunteer is worth ten pressed men, he, does things because he wants to, not because he has to, my point was really that human nature is, what it is, as the old saying goes, I can lead my horse to water, but I cannot force him to drink.

• Like 2

I want to clarify a couple of points on the Baltic Fleet clan. Very short.
1. We have no alliances with other clans and nations.
2. We try not to touch the port battle fleet, especially if we see that there will be a good fight. (except that it threatens our important cities)
3. We have some clans with whom we are on good terms. But we fight with them, if the fight is fair.
4. we do not attack the cities of certain nations. This does not mean that we are allied.
5. BF more pvp\gank clan, not RVR.
6. Wherever you see us - consider our fleet hostile.

* I wrote this because I have the impression that I am with all the nations and clans in the union. And when I start attacking them, people start to be offended or take it easy to heart.

* This is a game about the era of battles on sailing ships. And we play it for this. So relax and let's have fun together!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Captain Reverse said:

I have more respect for the honesty in that statement than players who claim to detest ganking that have ganked me at one stage or another.  I always enjoy fighting BF as it is a measure of how much improvement I have made (or not).  Do I like being ganked? no but shit happens.  I don't like the hypocrisy of those who say they never do it.

Edited by Roadkill

8 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

* I wrote this because I have the impression that I am with all the nations and clans in the union. And when I start attacking them, people start to be offended or take it easy to heart.

Maybe French and Dutch now understand that there are no more alliances in game where they can hide behind

31 minutes ago, Joernsson said:

Maybe French and Dutch now understand that there are no more alliances in game where they can hide behind

The French did very well at puerto the numbers they could muster was very high in EU time , they must of got up very early or very late considering the timers around Trinidad.

Bravo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joernsson said:

Where did the whole Dutch Nation hide behind alliances, looks like your are a little bit salty? And do you really think that anybody of the Dutch players cares about the personal impression or feelings of an other player from an other nation??😁😁😁

14 minutes ago, Petrel (GDL) said:

Where did the whole Dutch Nation hide behind alliances, looks like your are a little bit salty

Where did I say WHOLE? And I'm never salty :D

10 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

I want to clarify a couple of points on the Baltic Fleet clan. Very short.
1. We have no alliances with other clans and nations.
2. We try not to touch the port battle fleet, especially if we see that there will be a good fight. (except that it threatens our important cities)
3. We have some clans with whom we are on good terms. But we fight with them, if the fight is fair.
4. we do not attack the cities of certain nations. This does not mean that we are allied.
6. Wherever you see us - consider our fleet hostile.

* This is a game about the era of battles on sailing ships. And we play it for this. So relax and let's have fun together!

I am under the impression that you want to tell us a story...

i see other things too...

so Fake news  :)

although the offending thing is right though i see that too,  but that is not an issue sir, they have to deal with it :) and will adapt sooner or later 

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, Joernsson said:

say a guywho stay hind in his town.... XD your are a joke and a bad troll guy 😛

Well... best advice given ever in the game, fairly long ago,... and in line with what Captain Reverse posted

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

This is a game about the era of battles on sailing ships. And we play it for this. So relax and let's have fun together!

- This is fighting game. Sail ship, fight ships. Sink enemy or get sunk. GG. Grab another ship, fight more.

The fellows ( i think they were RUS clan ) were really kind and honest and without any need for salt, and like it or not, they were raw honest when they gave that advice.

- Combat game. Grab ship. Fight. Grab another ship. Fight more.

Simple.

All your individual considerations are void in the grand scheme of things. Either you like the combat game or you don't. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

say a guywho stay hind in his town.... XD your are a joke and a bad troll guy 😛

Just look in the mirror dude ^^

5 hours ago, Tac said:

The French did very well at puerto the numbers they could muster was very high in EU time , they must of got up very early or very late considering the timers around Trinidad.

Bravo.

a screenshot of the battle? or was it never created?