Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

10 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

I want to clarify a couple of points on the Baltic Fleet clan. Very short.
1. We have no alliances with other clans and nations.
2. We try not to touch the port battle fleet, especially if we see that there will be a good fight. (except that it threatens our important cities)
3. We have some clans with whom we are on good terms. But we fight with them, if the fight is fair.
4. we do not attack the cities of certain nations. This does not mean that we are allied.
5. BF more pvp\gank clan, not RVR.
6. Wherever you see us - consider our fleet hostile.

* I wrote this because I have the impression that I am with all the nations and clans in the union. And when I start attacking them, people start to be offended or take it easy to heart.

* This is a game about the era of battles on sailing ships. And we play it for this. So relax and let's have fun together!

I am under the impression that you want to tell us a story...

i see other things too...

so Fake news  :)

although the offending thing is right though i see that too,  but that is not an issue sir, they have to deal with it :) and will adapt sooner or later 

Edited by Thonys

Well... best advice given ever in the game, fairly long ago,... and in line with what Captain Reverse posted

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

This is a game about the era of battles on sailing ships. And we play it for this. So relax and let's have fun together!

- This is fighting game. Sail ship, fight ships. Sink enemy or get sunk. GG. Grab another ship, fight more.

The fellows ( i think they were RUS clan ) were really kind and honest and without any need for salt, and like it or not, they were raw honest when they gave that advice.

- Combat game. Grab ship. Fight. Grab another ship. Fight more.

Simple.

All your individual considerations are void in the grand scheme of things. Either you like the combat game or you don't. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

say a guywho stay hind in his town.... XD your are a joke and a bad troll guy 😛

Just look in the mirror dude ^^

5 hours ago, Tac said:

The French did very well at puerto the numbers they could muster was very high in EU time , they must of got up very early or very late considering the timers around Trinidad.

Bravo.

a screenshot of the battle? or was it never created?

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

a screenshot of the battle? or was it never created?

I believe Des Moines streamed it on twitch, I only recorded the after party capturing most of what remained of the French PB fleet.

• Like 2

The stupid part of he battle was some russian players claimed to be there to help the french nation but due to the game lacking in any way to determine friend from foe in open waters. Many people had no clue who was an ally or was an enemy. 
I would add that the sort of behavior of a nation or clan of jumping into battles that according to themselves include no allies ruins the game. In any other RnR game that would never be accepted. 
Imagine the game if all these '2500' players who so many people want to see active again actually return RnR turned into a battle between 6 nations just cause they feel like showing up and doing whatever. It's plain stupid. I have no issue with winning/losing but it plainly ruins the experience. 

• Like 5

well thats what you get when you go for complicated alliances. What i found hilarious one day after prug3 gave a port to the dutch to get vicmarks, the dutch screen against sweden.

Just fight for once instead of being on the diplo stuff just fight. If we dont have the numbers to screen but we see a chance to get a good fight with a other group from another nation against other bigger numbers we take it. 

• Like 4

I personally like alliances and the relationship between nations. I wanna see diplomacy as extended part of the gameplay and would like to see an improved ally system to make the game more balanced intead of let the small nations completely helpless und not able to be part of RvR. From all our nations, we have just a few who are able to do RvR. Bad for them and bad for the whole RvR gameplay. Of course an ally system must be better than the quick and dirty thing we had in the past to prevent 2 big blocks.

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Sven Silberbart said:

I personally like alliances and the relationship between nations. I wanna see diplomacy as extended part of the gameplay and would like to see an improved ally system to make the game more balanced intead of let the small nations completely helpless und not able to be part of RvR. From all our nations, we have just a few who are able to do RvR. Bad for them and bad for the whole RvR gameplay. Of course an ally system must be better than the quick and dirty thing we had in the past to prevent 2 big blocks.

Nothing prevent small Nations from doping RvR. Neither does the missing alliance system prevent ppl from making alliances. 

Even the smallest nation have 10 players, witch is all they need. That is enough to have value as an alliance partner.

Edited by staun

On 2/23/2019 at 2:00 AM, jointventure said:

well thats what you get when you go for complicated alliances. What i found hilarious one day after prug3 gave a port to the dutch to get vicmarks, the dutch screen against sweden.

Just fight for once instead of being on the diplo stuff just fight. If we dont have the numbers to screen but we see a chance to get a good fight with a other group from another nation against other bigger numbers we take it. 

Diplomacy always goes hand in hand with any form of war. That is just dumb to be honest. Having an alliance with 1 nation isn't complicated, the game lacks a way to make such alliances which is the problem, people aren't just going to fight who they don't want to fight just cause the game lacks a feature. If some people want to fight just for the sake of fighting, good for them. Others prefer to use their resources in a smart way. This game isn't a pvp battle arena anymore, some people seem to want to hold on that old concept. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

We need a option that we can put a friendly Clan (other nation) on our clan friendlist

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Draymoor said:

Diplomacy always goes hand in hand with any form of war. That is just dumb to be honest. Having an alliance with 1 nation isn't complicated, the game lacks a way to make such alliances which is the problem, people aren't just going to fight who they don't want to fight just cause the game lacks a feature. If some people want to fight just for the sake of fighting, good for them. Others prefer to use their resources in a smart way. This game isn't a pvp battle arena anymore, some people seem to want to hold on that old concept. 

You are absolutely right

but it eventually will kick in..

I can understand your way of thinking for a bit, but screening at puerto looked silly to me. Russians, french and dutch screening. Was there even a fight outside the pb?

Alliances with a server population of average 400 people. For me personaly alliances are not written in stone, if one side gets to much dominance its no fun for all of us at the end.

12 hours ago, jointventure said:

I can understand your way of thinking for a bit, but screening at puerto looked silly to me. Russians, french and dutch screening. Was there even a fight outside the pb?

Alliances with a server population of average 400 people. For me personaly alliances are not written in stone, if one side gets to much dominance its no fun for all of us at the end.

The issue was it was French/Dutch/Russians(?) vs Swedish/British plus some Russians on their own side but everyone was confused about which russians were friendlies and which weren't even some russians. If you are worried about dominance maybe your complaints should be directed at GB holding half the map due to having a huge chunk of the population? 
Alliances being set in stone has nothing to do with it, being able to make them in an easier and functional manner in the first place is what is lacking, nobody said they couldn't be broken. 

We are here to test the game for full release, don't treat the game as if it is meant for 400 players forever. They aren't going to redesign the features as the playerbase numbers change. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

The issue was it was French/Dutch/Russians(?) vs Swedish/British plus some Russians on their own side but everyone was confused about which russians were friendlies and which weren't even some russians. If you are worried about dominance maybe your complaints should be directed at GB holding half the map due to having a huge chunk of the population? 
Alliances being set in stone has nothing to do it, being able to make them in an easier and functional manner in the first place is what is lacking, nobody said they couldn't be broken. 

We are here to test the game for full release, don't treat the game as if it is meant for 400 players forever. They aren't going to redesign the features as the playerbase numbers change. 

In case you didnt know, pbs are BR limited. If gb would own the ports only because they have many players they wouldnt own the ports.

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

In case you didnt know, pbs are BR limited. If gb would own the ports only because they have many players they wouldnt own the ports.

Huh? Numbers means about 75% of this game as it is. If a nation can field a full PB fleet AND field a full screen fleet or more against a nation that can barely field a PB fleet, who would own the ports? Certainly, numbers is not all that matters....but it counts for a bunch.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Huh? Numbers means about 75% of this game as it is. If a nation can field a full PB fleet AND field a full screen fleet or more against a nation that can barely field a PB fleet, who would own the ports? Certainly, numbers is not all that matters....but it counts for a bunch.

Numbers are nice. But only if they fight together. GB is actually a god exsmple. They collapsed. Got sealclubbef by Spain and Russia. They had the numbers then to.

look at France they can field 2 fleets, and a Night fleet. Not really see them, doing much.

Bit back Dk had Bf as RvR fleet, and another with DNP, DS, ICP. Both skilled, but didn’t work together.

Numbers are nice. But skill and someone to organice, means atleast the same as Numbers.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rediii said:

Come on, even u can't be that dense.. 20% of the server pop - good luck getting into a PB where GB actually manages to muster it's defence forces, i.e. any PB that actually matters.

33 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

11 minutes ago, staun said:

Numbers are nice. But only if they fight together. GB is actually a god exsmple. They collapsed. Got sealclubbef by Spain and Russia. They had the numbers then to.

look at France they can field 2 fleets, and a Night fleet. Not really see them, doing much.

Bit back Dk had Bf as RvR fleet, and another with DNP, DS, ICP. Both skilled, but didn’t work together.

Numbers are nice. But skill and someone to organice, means atleast the same as Numbers.

7 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Come on, even u can't be that dense.. 20% of the server pop - good luck getting into a PB where GB actually manages to muster it's defence forces, i.e. any PB that actually matters.

Prussia attacked Monte Christi 2 or 3 times, GB didn't screen once.

PB saint Joseph - Russia entered PB

PB Carriacou - Russia entered PB

Actually I dont even know when GB screened the enemy the last time. Maybe in the Bahamas but the PBs there happened mostly aswell

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Huh? I never mentioned any ports dude. He said he was concerned about the game being one sided. If one nation has 50% of the players base, it's the same as 3 nations with 17% of the population in average each being allied. 
It doesn't matter what GB does or doesn't do with it's numbers either, the point it they have them. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, staun said:

There you are right, the issue with France is that unlike GB, it gets divided by language barriers. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rediii said:

Actually I dont even know when GB screened the enemy the last time. Maybe in the Bahamas but the PBs there happened mostly aswell

From the combat news there really was a brit screening fleet at carriacou.. the past tense is the important part of the sentence. Monte Christi, Saint Joseph and Carriacou can't really be said to be important ports for the brits. La Navasse, the Caymans etc - there I'd wager you'd see a lot more brits mobilized.. most brits however is just carebears.. like me they never leave the green zones..

EDIT: because I can.

Edited by Lars Kjaer

24 minutes ago, rediii said:

GB / HAVOC (at least a couple) attempted to screen us out of Morgans Bluff the other day and one group was successful in delaying us for 15-20mins.  

I'm sure you and others remember the screening around the caymans when spain/russia tried to take them back a couple times.  I don't even think they got close.  If you don't think your numbers will prevent attempts at PBs you're a bit dense.  GB's numbers will prevent or screen your ports and then your fleet will win them on the inside defensively, which is unfortunately the worse case scenario for most other nations that might want a piece of your action.  Your 15-18 timers might help a little too though  🙂

That said the numbers don't bother me.  Screening fights are usually more fun that trying to hold 3 circles with 12 people.  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, rediii said:

Not sure you tried to screen at Carriacou, but I was there and there was a shit load of brits. Just more Russians and Froggies.