Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

6 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

It's disgusting how the russians treat other nations

Captain Reverse without guns in a portbattle.

There is no respect to any other player - shame on all russians who accept this behaviour

Pictures is from the live stream of this guy at Azua Portbattle 2018-aug.-17

empty gun decks in PB.JPG

Whats wrong with it? I guess he just joined because PB was gonna be won anyway; so he could secure a port lord protector thingy.

• Like 2

Just now, Liq said:

Whats wrong with it? I guess he just joined because PB was gonna be won anyway; so he could secure a port lord protector thingy.

Ah Liqui - no he joined with the fleet.

Yes it is an empty PB. But ist a deliberate provocation to sail without guns with a PB-Fleet. 

14 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

There is no respect to any other player - shame on all russians who accept this behaviour

stop crying

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

Why even stream a port battle that is going to be empty.

lol

well sailing without guns is not a offence i would say, but why would you sail without guns anyway. Redii/north and analytic on your side and you get weird behaviour maybe the room is to small and they dont have enough oxygen. 

I ran into a Spanish Herc the other day close to Corrientes that had no guns on, he had repairs and rum but no guns. I was very surprised but that did not stop me chasing him down and sinking him. I guess if the other side had showed up in that port battle a ship without guns would be easy points for them.

3 hours ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

@Thonys

How do you feel when the russians have flipped 2 dutch ports? After coquibacoa, maracaibo is next.

you would rather thank and sit quietly. After all, this is a chance to do a quiet PVE mission :D

50 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

you would rather thank and sit quietly. After all, this is a chance to do a quiet PVE mission :D

well just watching the big plan :) for what i can see it goes smoothly

but that Admiral Horario  Born howler is getting nervous it seems 

by the way, i am just careening my ships with Nice homemade  tar  (best there is)

A long day in the Nassau patrol zone ended up with a 1 vs 1 for this poor captain. Ordred by the admiralty to sail out and kill on sight.

As ordred and requested the captain sailed his Hercules north from Nassau and soon had the first fight. A russian commondor on a Hercules, But soon another Russian Hercules joined, and after at intense fight the danish captain was sunk. This late commen would be a part in the next 2 battles.

Safe to ports another Hercules was dispacted from the admiralty and the danish captains went out. Quickly another battle was found. The danish captain engaged and found his nemesis in the battle. The battle was two Hercules(us) against on Hercules and one Rattlesnake. Soon another Rattlesnake joined on the enemy side. The danish captain engaged his nemesis from earlier, in witch turned  out to be an uneven match, as the nemesis was out of repairs. But it was a hard match to get him sunk. In that time the two Rattlesnakes had killed the other Hercules. For a time the battle for the wind went on, until the danish captain made a mistake and was killed.

Back in Nassau the danish captain was send back to sea on a Le Requin. Once more the nemesis was tagged. A larger danish fleet was on the way, so the nemesis was offered a one vs one. Both in Le Requins, it soon was clear that niether captains had much experience on the ship, witch in the end turned the fight over to the danish captain.

Side note. 

After oure to first battles, just didn’t seam right to end the evning with an gank. Unfortanually a danish player had a problem with the 1vs1. So he made some shoots and sailed in very close(not a DNP player) it make have turned the fight towards me.

So hope Dreammaker the next time He has the chance to sink me, spare my life. The patrolezone can be more than gank, last night was for sure for me. Maybe it is the new BR, that does it.

Edited by staun

Just now, vazco said:

Vile is working 12/7, he'll be hard to reach for some time :) I guess you could share the story.

Exile and NSANE used to raid mortimer as pirates. Exile didn't want to share :)

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

To be honest I have a hard time recognizing any of the Danish players, especially that new ORCA clan. 

As Sam said ORCA is the CSA guys that went Spain as LOCO with fromer HYRDA (from global) that went to Spain split from us and made SANTI.  Warlord and Kioz  (who I believe is laul) also joined them.  Pretty much they didn't want to go back to US when some of us did and had a bit fit about it.  Funny thing is my Spanish alt was there before the wipe and still in Spain and they acted like I never wanted to go Spain.  I heard they got some more Assuies to fill the numbers which is why they flip ports at the hours they do.

So once again US PvPers get fed up, leave and bash on US cause they are bitter about the past.  Never understood that when I left and went Pirate on Global.  I can see hating a player or clan but a whole nation.   Hay but it's easy targets. 

I expect to see a lot of late night flips from them and paying other nations off to protect them during US prime time.

Awwww and just noticed who the poster was of the screen shot, pretty sure that is The Last Templar....now I know where he went off to.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

36 minutes ago, vazco said:

Vile is working 12/7, he'll be hard to reach for some time :) I guess you could share the story.

Hachi sank like lil bitch million times. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As Sam said ORCA is the CSA guys that went Spain as LOCO with fromer HYRDA (from global) that went to Spain split from us and made SANTI.  Warlord and Kioz  (who I believe is laul) also joined them.  Pretty much they didn't want to go back to US when some of us did and had a bit fit about it.  Funny thing is my Spanish alt was there before the wipe and still in Spain and they acted like I never wanted to go Spain.  I heard they got some more Assuies to fill the numbers which is why they flip ports at the hours they do.

So once again US PvPers get fed up, leave and bash on US cause they are bitter about the past.  Never understood that when I left and went Pirate on Global.  I can see hating a player or clan but a whole nation.   Hay but it's easy targets. 

I expect to see a lot of late night flips from them and paying other nations off to protect them during US prime time.

Awwww and just noticed who the poster was of the screen shot, pretty sure that is The Last Templar....now I know where he went off to.

Wasn't it US who first attacked La Desconocida owned by Danish nation? I mean you can't attack someone and then complain they return the favour... 

About PvP players leaving big nations, it's not because they want to farm and bash them. It's because of all crying, complaining and tears in nation. It's because of these silly councils, senates, presidents, it's because of 1000 alliancies and deals that limit PvP and if someone breaks it, entire nations starts crying, calling you outlaw etc. (for US it's Russian traders getting killed outside Charleston, Spanish getting killed by US players in Spanish waters, these are recent situations caused just by MAGA). 

• Like 1

We left US because we finally came to the conclusion that the nation is unsavable.  They still show up to screening or hostility in bullshit ships, the same paper leaders run things despite never being around and they just don’t learn from their mistakes.  So we packed it up and went pirate where it’s nice and drama free. 

That screenshot still makes me wonder if it’s better to bring the 2:1 advantage in rattlers and niagras or just take boarding requins.  Perhaps those captains were just bad.  

8 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

About PvP players leaving big nations, it's not because they want to farm and bash them. It's because of all crying, complaining and tears in nation. It's because of these silly councils, senates, presidents, it's because of 1000 alliancies and deals that limit PvP and if someone breaks it, entire nations starts crying, calling you outlaw etc. 

In 99% of cases it's about fun or personal feunds.

Latter is self-explanatory. Examples for the former:

• someone wants to RvR, but organizing RvR is work, which he/she can't/doesn't want to commit to, and there's no other person doing this
  • nation looses (due to lack of experience of players or commanders), and some people decide training new guys with a long period without victories is not fun
  • someone wants an open PvP, but nation restricts it

There's nothing wrong with councils, presidents, senates, alliances, roleplaying etc. Maybe you don't like it, but some people do. Sweden did great for a long time with a council, and in my opinion good council kept the nation together as the strongest power on the server. Some people also like alliances.

19 minutes ago, vazco said:

In 99% of cases it's about fun or personal feunds.

Latter is self-explanatory. Examples for the former:

• someone wants to RvR, but organizing RvR is work, which he/she can't/doesn't want to commit to, and there's no other person doing this
  • nation looses (due to lack of experience of players or commanders), and some people decide training new guys with a long period without victories is not fun
  • someone wants an open PvP, but nation restricts it

There's nothing wrong with councils, presidents, senates, alliances, roleplaying etc. Maybe you don't like it, but some people do. Sweden did great for a long time with a council, and in my opinion good council kept the nation together as the strongest power on the server. Some people also like alliances.

PvP players want PvP. Any limitation of PvP drives PvP'rs out of the nation. No need to write essays about it while you can put it in one sentence. 

Half of the server is making fun of the US president and senate. Even US players make fun of it all the time. GB council for many years was useless talk, flaming and arguing for 2-3h. Some players claim that there are times when council is in a better shape, but it's bs and it always ends up like that. Swedish nation had some dramas due to councils about PFK and Czech clan TERRA. Council dramas are always the same in nations, "why you make decisions for us, who gave you the rights to decide and make decisions for the nation, why we are not allowed to council, we didn't know about council, you should inform us better, we have no time to participate in councils, but our opinions should matter for you! Mimimimimimi". 

It's not that I dislike councils @vazco, it's just that council meetings make nations complain, cry and cause dramas. Tested for 2 years in many nations, most end up the same way. Nations as united idea fail overall and you know that, so there is no point speaking about councils in detail. Foundations fail, so everything above them will fall as well. 

On the other hand I have nothing against roleplay, but roleplay should bring fun, action, create content, not make everyone cry and complain or hard work. 

Edited by Banished Privateer

29 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Half of the server is making fun of the US president and senate. Even US players make fun of it all the time.

Yet noone makes fun of eg Swedish council. It's a PR or organizational problem, not a council problem :) I didn't participate in US senate, so I won't comment.

30 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Swedish nation had some dramas due to councils about PFK and Czech clan TERRA

Unlike you I was in Sweden and for quite some time either representing PFK, or consulting guys who were representing PFK. There was no drama caused by council, definitely not related to PFK. Councils are to solve dramas :) Saying that they cause dramas is like saying that police causes crime and should be disbanded.  I appreciate what @sveno and others did in Sweden, they succeeded in uniting nation and interests of various clans. Without council, they would not be able to do this.

Dramas exist - no matter wether there's a council or not. I dare to say that if there was a council in Prussia and everyone would have a means to easily state their opinion, probably so many people wouldn't leave Prussia when you announced you want ALOHA to withdraw from RvR. People would talk about it, have their opinions heard and probably hear some reasonable explanation. Councils are failsafes for just such situations.

Now whether players want to spend some extra time just to have similar failsafe is another topic. I know I don't need it :)

32 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Nations as united idea fail overall and you know that

I disagree. Not all nations fail.

Sure, having a mix of a clan-based and nation-based system would work better. This doesn't mean that nations fail though :)

I blame the sexy voices on voice comms. That's how you unite a nation. With a sexy voice.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I blame the sexy voices on voice comms. That's how you unite a nation. With a sexy voice.

Foxxe could sell a needlefish to me with his voice^^

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

@vazco opinion of the Swedish leadership or councillors can be hardly objective. I've heard from actual Swedish "grey peasants" casual players complaints that PFK demanded some ports in Swedish nation and now they are making lots of money on tax. These complaints could be silly, stupid or whatever, but they existed. I am not trying to say that PFK did bad stuff in Sweden, but I am trying to say that some Swedes were upset about PFK and Swedish council decisions and they did complain about it. 

We can keep lying to ourselves, but from my personal experience nations without council meetings or senates or presidents work much better, have fewer dramas and playing in them is much more enjoyable. If we want to create a perfect picture, we can continue to lie and create beautiful stories. I can start making stories that Prussia is the strongest and unbeaten nation in NA, but everyone knows, including me, that it would be a lie. Let's not fall in Lord Vicious 100% win ratio perfection trap. 

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 2