Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

Agreed. Not enough ports to conquer, not enough clans to war against. Better sit and complain that others don't do enough content.

:( ... sandbox pains... 

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Agreed. Not enough ports to conquer, not enough clans to war against. Better sit and complain that others don't do enough content.

:( ... sandbox pains... 

Shooting AI bots for 2h to get hostility and wait 24h for PB which will most likely be screened by 50 players against you, not counting overall 3h of sailing back and forth. 

You know, back in the days of flags... there was more action and more port battles every day :)

• Like 5

Yep.

But we can't have nice things exactly because of toxicity and acid representations which always try to undermine others... as we had back in the flags days.

I am pretty sure many captains which engaged in such activities are the same plastering similar threads. But hey... what do I know...

Just find funny that one needs drama to have fun in a game, instead of good humoured banter.

• Like 1

OR we can stop tweaking systems that work  (boarding and combat damage) and spend that development time focusing on mechanics the encourage players to play the game.  I view Naval Action like a house, the dev team keeps fiddling around with the color of the drapes instead of fixing the roof leaks.

• Like 10

NA could be so much more than just a combat simulator. Broken econ, broken RvR, fenced in PvP, magical zones yet no Kraken.. Crafting is not really worthwhile anymore.. Basically atm the game is a shell of what it could be. Hopefully they fill it out.

That being said - Use the rest of the threads for salt and atleast buy in to the premis for this thread.. why should the salt spill over? why? why? WHYYYYYYYYY?!!

18 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Just find funny that one needs drama to have fun in a game, instead of good humoured banter

This is not only in game :) People like/need emotions to organize. In game, in politics... Sticking it to each other is one of the fuels of this game. Clan-based and nation-based vendetta is something that gives people some reason, even if some ports are just dots on the map, or some data in some database.

Like in Game of Thrones, we need Joffrey's and White Walkers :) People like to hate them.

• Like 1

100% agree.

Is not what you say :)

Is how you say it.

Can have all the blood feuds you want, but keep it decent.

Is it so hard !?

I am sure it isn't, unless your mind lives in a gutter.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vazco said:

This is not only in game :) People like/need emotions to organize. In game, in politics... Sticking it to each other is one of the fuels of this game. Clan-based and nation-based vendetta is something that gives people some reason, even if some ports are just dots on the map, or some data in some database.

Like in Game of Thrones, we need Joffrey's and White Walkers :) People like to hate them.

There is also an equal argument that many people had strong friendships with enemies as well, Generals Tom Rosser and George Custer were friends at West point, a friendship that endured through the American Civil War until Custer's demise at the Little Big Horn in 1876. Many Captains of warships had friends within potential enemy fleets, that also lasted well beyond the wars they fought in, even today all warships host dinners and events for foreign Officers, with the knowledge that one day they may have to oppose them in battle, as in the case of Captain's Harwood and Langsdorf of River Plate fame, none of the officers named failed in their duties when the time came to fight.

It is, as always, individual human nature that determines the level of friendship  or animosity between combatants. :)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

There is also an equal argument that many people had strong friendships with enemies as well, Generals Tom Rosser and George Custer were friends at West point, a friendship that endured through the American Civil War until Custer's demise at the Little Big Horn in 1876. Many Captains of warships had friends within potential enemy fleets, that also lasted well beyond the wars they fought in, even today all warships host dinners and events for foreign Officers, with the knowledge that one day they may have to oppose them in battle, as in the case of Captain's Harwood and Langsdorf of River Plate fame, none of the officers named failed in their duties when the time came to fight.

It is, as always, individual human nature that determines the level of friendship  or animosity between combatants. :)

well said. you can also look at the "first cousins" all on different sides in world war 1

7 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

well said. you can also look at the "first cousins" all on different sides in world war 1

Indeed, Tsar Nicolas, Kaiser Wilhelm and King George were all related by their direct or indirect relationship to Queen Victoria.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

You can do it on your own Club and invite all the toxic crowd there.

https://forum.game-labs.net/clubs/

:) 

They fully lived up to the purpos of this thread. They brought flavor to the RvR. Just made it more fun. Nobody forced any one to read the Caribbean news. But guess we all only should say GG an HF. 

Damn, what a drama queen :D 

GG and HF doesn't make justice to many content which is absolutely awesome.

Needs more words. Not more garbage.

Clubs can be access by anyone really, that is interested in the content, while the News is delivered right up the readers face without requesting it.

42 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

You can do it on your own Club and invite all the toxic crowd there.

https://forum.game-labs.net/clubs/

:) 

They fully lived up to the purpos of this thread. They brought flavor to the RvR. Just made it more fun. Nobody forced any one to read the Caribbean news. But guess we all only should say GG an HF. 

28 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Clubs can be access by anyone really, that is interested in the content, while the News is delivered right up the readers face without requesting it.

No it is not. You have to click on it to go in to it. Otherwise all you see is the name of the tread. You can not read what ppl have written unless you your self make an active effort to acces it.  I can understand all other treads need to be clean, But not the Caribbean invasion news. 

Ofc there is a limited what ppl can say. Like” I wich you die of cancers”  is a no go. 

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

Glad we come to an understanding :) 

See ! Not hard and don't need to write a novel.

Just light spirited cool beans stories.

11 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

You can have both (eg. I have both in NA). Still, you won't convince people to spend their time on grinding AI for hostility and then probably loose their hard to build ships if they don't have a good reason to do so. Sticking it to enemy is a good reason. A friendship with an enemy isn't one.

12 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Can have all the blood feuds you want, but keep it decent.

I don't see a single point where I crossed decency. Still, different people have this barrier in different places. I don't even know where your is, let alone a few hundret people reading this thread. It's not realistic to assume everyone will follow your standards, as they're even not defined :) Just like everyone wants politicians to behave "decent", you can want people to behave decent here. They won't - and most people don't really want them to.

Not you specifically but if the hat fits... you're welcome.

4 hours ago, vazco said:

You can have both (eg. I have both in NA). Still, you won't convince people to spend their time on grinding AI for hostility and then probably loose their hard to build ships if they don't have a good reason to do so. Sticking it to enemy is a good reason. A friendship with an enemy isn't one.

Yes, you can, like yourself, I know people whom I have fought alongside, who now fly combatant flags, and whom I like as people. There are, thankfully, none whom I dislike personally even if I disagree with their views or practices.

It was not my intent to convince anyone to grind AI for hostility, or, throw away ships without good reason, to my mind such actions are personal choices, I do, however, take the view that one volunteer is worth ten pressed men, he, does things because he wants to, not because he has to, my point was really that human nature is, what it is, as the old saying goes, I can lead my horse to water, but I cannot force him to drink.

• Like 2