Game-Labs Forum

New fleets, new countries... This is a SHAME.!!

In my opinion the game it´s getting worse with this new fantastical idea. New fleets and new countries seems to a shame. Many Spanish players are disagree as well. The game is everyday more fantasy and less realistic or historical. Please don´t create more unreal ideas.  If you want to play  own battles Russian vs USA (kind of cold war in 18 Century) you could be carry on misiles on the ships and rename another new NAVAL ACTION.3  called  "" !!A fantastic world wide war ship Now with China !!""   In this way you will get more players.

Thank you. 

Refer to:

Vicente Velasco said:

""The presence of new countries in these waters and at that time is an unjustified anachronism, I think the increase of the player base goes in the opposite direction to what should be the ultimate end of any improvement in the game, which can not be other than to promote the competitiveness between players. In my opinion, it should be achieved by reducing the factions present, rather than increasing them, and prevent any one of them from capturing a significant majority of players with respect to the others.

In short, the game should be balanced while trying to preserve a minimum of historical accuracy. Surely most of us can be quite in agreement with this idea, but the question is how to do it.

One way could be to reduce the number of factions that actually had a more significant presence in those waters (ONLY ...Spain, Great Britain, France and Holland). And it would keep the Pirates and Corsairs (with their own differences between them). Please, No United States, neither Denmark nor - of course - Russia, Prussia and Poland as Nations. (What will be the next? China, which has many potential players?)

It would balance the factions, so that none of them could have more than 20% of the players, through economic incentives, commercial and unconquerable settlements (historic cities never conquered, Cartagena, San Juan, Jamaica, etc, etc) (prizes that would act in a way dynamically and automatically according to the population of players of each faction).

The players of each faction would have access (by construction) only to those ships that their nations possessed at that time, although they could also obtain those of other nations by means of their capture. Consequently, neither pirates nor corsairs could build line ships, because they never had them, but only light and fast ships, except - as said before - by capturing them. Whoever changed faction would lose everything that could not have in the new or that had not captured being in the previous one. ""

Edited by Marques
  • Like 1

What can I say? Oh, i found this word. I will spell it. N - O. I dont really care about historical aspect. KPR is british, Habana is spanish, for me its enaugh. (and wait what, no United States? As i remember after the creation of US they were one of the bigest players in this area, but ok...) This is a game, for players, not for historians, there are groups of players which are really happy about new nations, they are invinting players to them, some guys planed to buy NA because of that. We will see consequences of that move after month maybe two, but one thing i know for sure. Big number of players wouldnt join Spain, GB, France or Dutch after deleting their nations. They would leave and thats all. You cant force players to do something cause in your opinion you are right and they arent. As i noticed it before, game is for players, not for historians. If you would try to force anybody to anything because of historical aspect this guy wouldnt be really happy.

• Like 1

Merchant Factions - PvE safezones, no RvR - Sweden, Denmark, Verenigde Provincien, any other added minor factions. Trade and crafting perk specialization.

Imperial Factions - No safezones, RvR conquest - Spain, Great Britain, France (US?). Combat/lineship perk specialization.

Pirates - No safezones, raiding mechanic, "mercenary" RvR (no pirate conquest, but can get clan alliances with any national clans). OW PvP perk specialization.

At least that's what I think would provide the best historically semi-believable setting, and factions tailored for different gameplay preferences. I must agree that I hate the amount of games that just chuck in anything and everything - Blackwake just looks flat out silly now that they added a Chinese Junk ship, Arena Total War sounds like it's going to be utter crap now that they are going to add Japanese samurai (fighting Romans, Greeks and Gauls...).

Esto es un simulador naval del siglo XVIII primeros XIX, mientras no me metan "juncos", naves chinas, indias o polinesias, orcos, elfos, brujos o conjuros frente a los navios de linea..... todo puede ser.

A mi no me importa que el mapa sea el caribe o los mares de la luna, que se comercie con cerdos o plata. Banderas negras, rojas, blancas o arco iris. Para la simulación de batallas de linea me es totalmente indiferente.

A mi lo que importa es que el juego con las "cartas mágicas", esta tomando un rumbo conocido en otros simuladores, en que el jugador que puede jugar muchas horas tiene ventaja sobre el que tiene menos tiempo.

A mi lo que me importa es que las PB son cualquier cosa (incluso divertidas a veces) menos batallas de navíos. Que se han sustituido las tacticas de estas batallas por otras en que se trata de mantener unas posiciones fijas (círculos).

A mi lo que me importa es que después de mucho tiempo, seguimos sin tener una "sala" en la que 25 navíos de linea ( y no todos 1ª...) se puedan enfrentar a otros 25 en mar abierto. Sin círculos ni bloqueos. Una autentica batalla naval del siglo XVIII.

Que tenemos una interfaz de mierda, impropia hasta de una alfa y que impacta muy negativamente en cualquier jugador nuevo.

Si las nuevas "naciones" van a traer mas jugadores, si van hacer que las super pobladas facciones lo sean menos... bienvenidas sean. Incluso si nada van a cambiar, me da exactamente lo mismo. Si quiero Historia me compro un libro, no un simulador. No nos pongamos "exquisitos".

Fuera del tema: por favor traduzcan sus mensajes al español. Yo lo hago cuando escribo en otras partes del foro. Google es una mierda, prueben este: https://www.deepl.com/translator

------------------------------------------

This is a naval simulator of the first eighteenth century, as long as I don't get "rushes", Chinese, Indian or Polynesian ships, orcs, elves, sorcerers or spells in front of the liner ships...... everything can be.

I don't care if the map is the Caribbean or the seas of the moon, traded with pigs or silver. Black, red, white or rainbow flags. For the simulation of line battles I am totally indifferent.

What matters to me is that the game with the "magic cards"is taking a familiar course in other simulators, in which the player who can play many hours has an advantage over the player who has less time.

What matters to me is that PBs are anything (even fun at times) but ship battles. That the tactics of these battles have been replaced by others in which it is a matter of maintaining fixed positions (circles).

What matters to me is that after a long time, we still don't have a "hall" in which 25 liner ships (and not all of them 1st...) can face another 25 in the open sea. No circles or blockages. A genuine 18th century naval battle.

That we have a shitty interface, improper even of an alpha and that impacts very negatively on any new player.

If the new "nations" are going to bring in more players, if they're going to make the overcrowded factions less so... welcome. Even if nothing's going to change, I don't care. If I want History, I buy a book, not a simulator. Let's not get "exquisite."

Off topic: please translate your messages into Spanish. I do this when I write in other parts of the forum. Google is shit, try this one: https://www.deepl.com/translator

13 hours ago, Marques said:

In my opinion the game it´s getting worse with this new fantastical idea. New fleets and new countries seems to a shame. Many Spanish players are disagree as well. The game is everyday more fantasy and less realistic or historical. Please don´t create more unreal ideas.

The game setup has already become more clan-based than nation-based anyway, and that certainly isn't historical.  Having new flags in the mix can make a fun "what if..." alternate history narrative, if you like. 

From a gameplay perspective it doesn't make much sense. The game is already low pop. People flock to the big name nations, the others are left baron. Why add even more baron nations to the mix? The return of players from those areas doesn't outweigh the burden that even more unplayed nations have on the game. 

I hope they aren't a choice from the start, poor new guys are join what they think is the underdog and end up all by themselves

If nations are currently barren it's because player interest isn't there for them.  We have choices.  If the new nations are barren then it's no loss because they don't own anything to being with, and if they do well (player interest) then it's a plus.  (I'm puzzled why there's no talk of adding Portugal...?)

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If nations are currently barren it's because player interest isn't there for them.  We have choices.  If the new nations are barren then it's no loss because they don't own anything to being with, and if they do well (player interest) then it's a plus.

more nations take a toll on the game. There's a reason why most MMOs stick with a minimal amount.

More nations=more confusion

More nations=You have to balance for those nations or no one will play them

More nations=You have to listen to the few players of those nations because you're responsible for keeping the playerbase happy.

If there were only 4 nations we'd have no population balancing issues. With 8 we do and with 12 we'll have even more

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

12 hours ago, Aegir said:

Merchant Factions - PvE safezones, no RvR - Sweden, Denmark, Verenigde Provincien, any other added minor factions. Trade and crafting perk specialization.

Imperial Factions - No safezones, RvR conquest - Spain, Great Britain, France (US?). Combat/lineship perk specialization.

Pirates - No safezones, raiding mechanic, "mercenary" RvR (no pirate conquest, but can get clan alliances with any national clans). OW PvP perk specialization.

If only bro... if only...

1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

If there were only 4 nations we'd have no population balancing issues. With 8 we do and with 12 we'll have even more

If we only had 4 nations there would still be 1 or 2 that are vastly larger than the others, they would still be self-segregated by timezone, and the people who don't ever get along would be even more of a problem because more of them would be in the same nation chat and working against each other. 

3 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If we only had 4 nations there would still be 1 or 2 that are vastly larger than the others, they would still be self-segregated by timezone, and the people who don't ever get along would be even more of a problem because more of them would be in the same nation chat and working against each other. 

maybe, but there'd be no dead nations like we have now and even more to come

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

21 hours ago, Marques said:

In my opinion the game it´s getting worse with this new fantastical idea. New fleets and new countries seems to a shame.

Do not allow new nations capture ports.

And after a while players will start coming back to old nations.

If the new nations will be not popular, then the developers will remove them from the game.

22 hours ago, Marques said:

In my opinion the game it´s getting worse with this new fantastical idea. New fleets and new countries seems to a shame. Many Spanish players are disagree as well. The game is everyday more fantasy and less realistic or historical. Please don´t create more unreal ideas.  If you want to play  own battles Russian vs USA (kind of cold war in 18 Century) you could be carry on misiles on the ships and rename another new NAVAL ACTION.3  called  "" !!A fantastic world wide war ship Now with China !!""   In this way you will get more players.

Thank you. 

And Clans and teamspeak existed very early in the 18th Centry.......

Many people here say:  I don't care about history. Many people say that the game does not have to be historical. But if the game were more historical, it would be more realistic. Like other games ... (like ...Red Dead Redemption, or Assasins Creed, Total War series, etc etc...) And if that were so,  I mean, a "realistic and good quality Naval Action" this game would sell to many more players, and would give more money. For me, forget history it is an abuse to the Hispanic community. Devs shouldn't  forget the history of the Caribbean. In game we, the Spanish, don't have enough Spanish ships and it is clear that the game is tailor made for British Americans and Russians. The game is unbalanced, and is designed to fit the tastes of a few players and therefore will never be quite realistic, or a success among the Hispanic community.... And finally, YES, of course...Portugal was there sailing, much more than Russia or Polland.

Edited by Marques

If this Game was about Realism 99% of the Players would Drive around in Cutters.

And getting just so much as an Single Frigate would take Years and be limited for like 10 captains for the really big Nations.

So yeah.

Sorry but this is a Game. So History and Reality take a secondary Value.

Its nice to have a limited Historical Resemblance where its not blocking Gameplay. But it should not impede Gameplay.

5 hours ago, Marques said:

In game we, the Spanish, don't have enough Spanish ships and it is clear that the game is tailor made for British Americans and Russians. The game is unbalanced, and is designed to fit the tastes of a few players and therefore will never be quite realistic, or a success among the Hispanic community.... And finally, YES, of course...Portugal was there sailing, much more than Russia or Polland.

I heard that long ago there were more players in Spain on one of the servers and they got beaten down and mostly quit? You just need to create a Spain that attracts players, and Havana is already a great place to be based with the new reinforcement zones.  Maybe if Montanes is introduced it will also help.  I play as France and I have absolutely NO connection to France beyond once living in an old French-Canadian suburb long ago. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rediii said:

Spain right now isnt small either its just seperated.

There is 1 big clan in the west(i think called SH) and 1 big clan in the east (ARM) both have the ability to field 20 players (arm not alone but they have other clans also joining their battles). Its just that it seems that they dont work together, which is the problem of most nations anyway...

SH isn´t interested in RvR, just PvE and trading. I don´t think ARM and some allied clans can gather 20 people for their PB......

• Like 1