Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

11 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Why don't you just go back to port owners selecting a time window? There are no flags anymore and are limits on amount of PBs so I don't think it can get exploited like with the flags. Let's say a port gains full hostility at 2AM but the timer is set for 8-10 PM.  Then the port battle will be 8 PM the next day, or however long the wait is. 

The reason is that we want to be able capture every port in our prime time. I dont want to see situation in which clan captures port in the centre of our territories and then set timer for 2-7am. I dont want have war against nation which is fighting in different time than I. Its uncomfortable and its why big number of this community wanted pb timers for whole server.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikocen said:

The reason is that we want to be able capture every port in our prime time. I dont want to see situation in which clan captures port in the centre of our territories and then set timer for 2-7am. I dont want have war against nation which is fighting in different time than I. Its uncomfortable and its why big number of this community wanted pb timers for whole server.

and as always thats unreralistic for a computer game ... the current system is  flawed ... most port battles happen currently at  1700 server time which for most in the UK means your just walking through the door after work .or sitting down with family for evening meal .. when BST ends at the end of October 1700 server time we will be just leaving work .. for those with a job so that is not prime time .. for the same reason you dont want to play outside your prime time i dont want to play outside mine .. .

if everyone was to be as selfish as you and demanding port battles should only take place in their prime times we would need  at least 6 different servers .. ..

2 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

That's a very narrow minded selfish attitude for someone playing an MMO what about other people's prime time?

There was a PB recently on global when a Pirate clan (AIB) made up of Brazilians attacked a port owned by an Aussie clan (ARMED) set up at an awful time for the Aussies making it difficult for them to defend the port. Because of the time of the PB the biggest pirate clan who play in yet another time zone (BLACK) decided to do the honourable thing and leave the PB making it fairer to the Aussies.

You can say that it is selfish, but its not only mine opinion.  You can give me examples from global, but situations about which you are talking are possible only because global community is samall and you know each other. Every player wants to play in his prime time and it doesnt matter how many times you will say that it is not true or things like that. EU community is really big in this game and playing with for example americans was trurly annoying. And i was against spliting server for EU and Global, i was playing in GB/Dutch/US fleet, i remember a lot of nights lost because there was port battle at 2am my time. If devs would merge servers i would still play like in the past, but i dont want right now back to these times. And calling me selfish because i dont want to have portbattle during my night is even more selfish.

Edited by Mikocen

Got bigger fish to fry my friend.

Also what's the point in a pvp event where repairs are allowed.

It should be same base ships. No perm mods, only book skills and cannons.

If you want to measure skill remove the aids....

Anyway this pirate Is trying to break out of the ice I seem stuck in this far north.

9 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Got bigger fish to fry my friend.

Also what's the point in a pvp event where repairs are allowed.

It should be same base ships. No perm mods, only book skills and cannons.

If you want to measure skill remove the aids....

Anyway this pirate Is trying to break out of the ice I seem stuck in this far north.

For now its looking like the majority wants repairs to be limited to 1 each.

Regarding the other stuff:
Woods should not be set to stone. You should be able to go after your preferences and maybe even get different setups in your own team, e.g. a cedar teak fast raking supportive ship and a teak white oak tank.
However I agree that there currently are some OP upgrades such as cartagena refit around, however it would be next to impossible for me / us to make sure noone is using none of them. Players could send me screenshots of ships without the banned modules, but that doesnt mean that those are the ships they were effectively going to use. So I guess we will have to live with that.

And it's more about actually getting some PvP content to the server, that is not a port battle, for some variety, as small, equal OW PvP actions are extremely rare nowadays.

This thing of merging the servers (with no time lockers) is like a plague.

Each and every thread is plagued by the same comments (and testers).

The attitude of the vocal minority of US players is this: the less they are the louder they shout. 

This is getting old, but I have the solution.

Instead of merging forums, can we please split forums? :D

One for Global and one for EU?

Of course I'm joking, but this thing is really boring.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

In my opinion the game it´s getting worse with this new fantastical idea. New fleets and new countries seems to a shame. Many Spanish players are disagree as well. The game is everyday more fantasy and less realistic or historical. Please don´t create more unreal ideas.  If you want to play  own battles Russian vs USA (kind of cold war in 18 Century) you could be carry on misiles on the ships and rename another new NAVAL ACTION.3  called  "" !!A fantastic world wide war ship Now with China !!""   In this way you will get more players.

Thank you. 

Refer to:

Vicente Velasco said:

""The presence of new countries in these waters and at that time is an unjustified anachronism, I think the increase of the player base goes in the opposite direction to what should be the ultimate end of any improvement in the game, which can not be other than to promote the competitiveness between players. In my opinion, it should be achieved by reducing the factions present, rather than increasing them, and prevent any one of them from capturing a significant majority of players with respect to the others.

In short, the game should be balanced while trying to preserve a minimum of historical accuracy. Surely most of us can be quite in agreement with this idea, but the question is how to do it.

One way could be to reduce the number of factions that actually had a more significant presence in those waters (ONLY ...Spain, Great Britain, France and Holland). And it would keep the Pirates and Corsairs (with their own differences between them). Please, No United States, neither Denmark nor - of course - Russia, Prussia and Poland as Nations. (What will be the next? China, which has many potential players?)

It would balance the factions, so that none of them could have more than 20% of the players, through economic incentives, commercial and unconquerable settlements (historic cities never conquered, Cartagena, San Juan, Jamaica, etc, etc) (prizes that would act in a way dynamically and automatically according to the population of players of each faction).

The players of each faction would have access (by construction) only to those ships that their nations possessed at that time, although they could also obtain those of other nations by means of their capture. Consequently, neither pirates nor corsairs could build line ships, because they never had them, but only light and fast ships, except - as said before - by capturing them. Whoever changed faction would lose everything that could not have in the new or that had not captured being in the previous one. ""

1 hour ago, Aventador said:

Ignorance at it's finest.

Well, calling ignorant the majorities that do not share their opionions is another must have for shouting vocal minorities. 

So basically ... maybe not ignorance at its finest (I actually have no idea about who you are and what you know or do not know, so I will avoid judging your intellectual level or your instruction) ... but for sure I can see here intolerance at a remarkable level with a naive touch of rudeness.

Edited by victor

Special nations will never happen unless captains are locked from using some ships. Alt accounts are fairly common and they will just trade the permit/bp/ let their main capture the ship off them to get the ship. Nothing but a hard cap will actually do anything to limit ships per faction. I like using all the ships so I don't really mind but trying to use a soft cap like permits/bps wont work.

12 minutes ago, Aster said:

Nothing but a hard cap will actually do anything to limit ships per faction.

So then you wouldnt even be able to sail captured ships from other nations..? Because you could just cap them of your alt.

• Like 1

Dont know if this is already said or not and I am too lazy to read the entire post over :ph34r:

but the combat news doesnt show the new nations yet

it only says: [player name] sank player near {some random port}

Edit: just noticed this is wrong thread sorry :P if some moderator can move it or delete it would be nice.

Edited by ScipioTortuga
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 1:11 AM, Alado said:

3 more nations??? seriusly???  Prusia in caribe????? :D poland?? :D:D russia?????' :D:lol::D

Why not Switzerland?

world of tanks back

I just found out about this and am just doing a little research. 

The only historic fleet here is Russia?
The Prussians had no interest in a navy but did have armed merchants.
THe Polish\Lithuanian Commonwealth had Courlands navy? Which is probably way out of timeframe?
http://3decks.pbworks.com/w/page/913374/Courland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Navy#The_19th_century

My only real problem though would be if we started seeing made up ships to try to bolster the navies that did not have any historically. The new factions would simply have to use other factions historical ships.

for those who interrested - the political influence in Caribbean and Central America from 1700 till now can be seen on  this map for example. All in all it's just a game , not a history simulator. Anyway, I'd personally prefer to keep the previous layout (GB, ES, NL, SW, DK, US)  for 1800 era than the new one.

• Like 1