Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Upheaval in Europe
Colonial navies of 3 European Nations will start arriving to the Caribbean in the beginning of next week. The estimated  point of arrival is not yet known, but rumors point to Shroud Cay. It is already known that colonial navies will have no capitals and will have to establish the base of operations by conquest to get access to resources and admiralty services.  Captains who were sailing for foreign nations will be able to change allegiance by means of forged papers that will be provided to all. Captains who want to be ready to switch to their new nation right when patch hits could prepare by closing outposts in national towns moving assets out of them to neutral or free towns.

This is fantastic! I hope that the majority of nations will look like this in the future, with a minority of "Safe PVE" nations.

3 hours ago, admin said:

On the economic front
The windfall tax allowed governments to find the way to provide tow services to captains. From the next week captains will be able to tow 3 ships per day to an outpost of their choosing. To compensate for the cost of the tow service the reinforcement zones will be slightly reduced around uncapturable cities, to not cover 70% of the upper antilles. 

IMO, 3 ships per day is way to much. I also have a few questions regarding this.

1. Can you tow your ships with cargo? only with repairs?

2. How long will it take for a ship to arrive? one server restart? based on distance?

3. Will different ships take different amount of time to arrive?

4. Does this include the Neutral/Open for all ports? or only national ports?

I apologise if these are known facts, I did not play when this was in the game before.

Edited by Demsity

@admin Any news on a server merge or at least some sort of transfer allowing players to swap servers with their XP and stuff?  3 more nations is great........but we need people to sail in them.  Global already has a couple dead ones and I hear EU has a couple that are hurting for numbers as well.  

Edit - this ship towing is going to ruin whatever little pvp there is left in the game.  The best chance to find any now is to catch players setting up their ships for that next day's port battle, now we won't even have that.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

@admin Any news on a server merge or at least some sort of transfer allowing players to swap servers with their XP and stuff?  3 more nations is great........but we need people to sail in them.  Global already has a couple dead ones and I hear EU has a couple that are hurting for numbers as well.  

Edit - this ship towing is going to ruin whatever little pvp there is left in the game.  The best chance to find any now is to catch players setting up their ships for that next day's port battle, now we won't even have that.

agree on all points there 

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

It might happen.  I just want to PVP on a server that has 700+ people on it.

OW pvp you wont even get this on EU.

RvR you might get it when you are playing at EU time.

Just now, Christendom said:

With an influx of global players there will be some PVP.  

nobody is sailing around. All are staying in the care zones. There were 500+ player on EU i saw 3 enemies in 5h on a weekend. Combat news only gets active during PB time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Well obviously cash is a bad idea then, how about Battle Points? Any OS battle activity generates BP points. Let's say in a mission when you fight NPC and capture his ship you don't get any cash reward, but get Battle Points for damage  you did. Now let's say tow will cost 50 Battle Points per.

Cash it's not a bad idea and you got the prices right. It's funny when people call for PvP but then they complain about making it easier to get around the map and the money paid. 

Easy way to get around means more players faster outside of reinforcement zones.  And you are not forcing anyone, some players do not have the time to travel but this way they can save time travelling so they will be out there in the no reinforcement zones doing other stuff, including PvP. 

That's the funniest thing coming from PvP'ers saying it's to cheap, more money means more PvE, more money also means less casuals moving around so we back to square 1. 

The more difficult you make it the more time spent in reinforcement zones.

You should want this feature to be as free and accessible to anyone at any time. Also, the bigger the ship the bigger the prey.

You asking for a gold sink or you want to PvP?

Guys if you want PvP... get your facts straight. 

Edited by Rigs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

...It is already known that colonial navies will have no capitals and will have to establish the base of operations by conquest to get access to resources and admiralty services....

2 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

How do players establish a new capital on the PVE server?

Admin ?

I know some of the ppl I play with will like the return of towing, I couldn't disagree more it's an unnecessary crutch.

Don't want to organise support to get your first rates somewhere just risk free cutter journey and press a button sorry I think this is total bullshit.

Apologies for emotion I like the other changes.

Useless patch imo. The server population is too low to make it interesting with the nations that we currently have. If we had thousands of active players on one server, sure, this would be a good patch. I just don't see why this was a priority when so many other areas of the game need attention. 

38 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I thought that's what Legends was for? But I don't mind tow if you limit it to 4th rates and below, as per @Anolytic's suggestion.

Why limit? You guys are nuts. PvP = Easier world travel. Limit that and we will see no action again. It's slowly recovering and should pick up even more with new tow system open to all ships. 

31 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

Useless patch imo. The server population is too low to make it interesting with the nations that we currently have. If we had thousands of active players on one server, sure, this would be a good patch. I just don't see why this was a priority when so many other areas of the game need attention. 

This is designed for after release strategy and has nothing to do with numbers we have today. All these additions they are just foundation for the future structures. 

How I see it:

-Fix problems

-Add more content for casual players, Simple avatars (icons) a must. 

-Add Starting packages with guided animated tutorial included.

-Polish product before it's release

-Advertise + send out invitation mails to all current members with Gift Packages (code). Start invite friend program and add free 2 day trial. 

-Create bad ass trailer! Very Important!

-Release + Pay game bloggers to bring light back on the product.

-Monthly content packages and events + premium shop + Captain Club 

-Connect NA Legends content to Open World NA to make sure player numbers transition to play in both games. This will make sure population is steady and growing. 

-Introduce Kickstarter "Favorite Ship" packages. 1 in 10 players will pay for their favorite ship. 

-Expand and improve. 

Edited by George Washington