Game-Labs Forum

In-game chat banned - explanations request

admin

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, ChaosKeeper said:

Greetings. I have been banned last Tuesday (17'th of march). I understand why I was banned, I won't lie I was quite nasty to the guy and I am sorry for that, however I wanted to ask how long is the punishment?

Captain name: ChaosKeeper

Greetings, the chat ban is permanent

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

SOLVED - Thanks!

Greetings,

Today i was banned from Trade Chat.
Received a message “You were banned from Trade chat. Reason:”

From my point of view i did nothing wrong ... please check the ban.

Nickname: “AlexO75”

Alex

Edited by AlexO

6 hours ago, AlexO said:

SOLVED - Thanks!

Greetings,

Today i was banned from Trade Chat.
Received a message “You were banned from Trade chat. Reason:”

From my point of view i did nothing wrong ... please check the ban.

Nickname: “AlexO75”

Alex

Greetings Captain, “You were banned from Trade chat. Reason:” - this is not a ban, a minor known issue

Hello, 

I still get the message that I have no access to the chat. Is this also a bug?

Since my accident in real life I can only write slowly and have no access to others in the game.

It would be nice if someone could answer. Thanks a lot. 

I can't access the ingame chat and i would like to know why i was restricted.

Ingame nickname: ''Capitalism Kills'' previous name "Knee on Cops Neck"

Oh, I think I know why I was chat banned, I didn't know about the chat rules, but I just found them here.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/1/458606248639534643/

I would request that as this is my 1st offense that I be given a warning instead.

Ingame nickname: ''Captain''

You provide this information, in this format, and you will be contacted by Ink with the explaination.

12 hours ago, Capatalism Kills said:

Ingame nickname: ''Capitalism Kills'' previous name "Knee on Cops Neck"

Oh, I think I know why I was chat banned, I didn't know about the chat rules, but I just found them here.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/1/458606248639534643/

I would request that as this is my 1st offense that I be given a warning instead.

This does not look like an apology especially given your name; name you chosen the first time. 
Appeal denied. Next time be careful what you chose as your first name. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, admin said:

This does not look like an apology especially given your name; name you chosen the first time. 

Oh, I wasn't clear, when I said  "I think I know why I was chat banned" it's because I was saying i hadn't read the rules beforehand, (since I rejoined the game) but after finding them and reading them I knew that I had violated the rules. I'm in the wrong here, no doubt about it. 

53 minutes ago, raudy5 said:

Oh, I wasn't clear, when I said  "I think I know why I was chat banned" it's because I was saying i hadn't read the rules beforehand, (since I rejoined the game) but after finding them and reading them I knew that I had violated the rules. I'm in the wrong here, no doubt about it. 

I am sorry, i definitely broke the rules. More than just sorry though, I'm very embarrassed. i managed to play this game 500 hours before without issue, not sure why I thought I could just come along and sh*t post like that. Apologies. I'm not sure a permanent ban is appropriate for a single incident, If that remains, i think it would be appropriate to refund the DLC I got just a few hours before being banned. You have all the power so you can do whatever you like, but just as I'm responsible for breaking the rules, I think it's also fair that I get a refund for something I purchased in good faith, I had not idea permanent chat bans were even a thing or I would have waited to purchase the admiralty DLC.

1 hour ago, raudy5 said:

I am sorry, i definitely broke the rules. More than just sorry though, I'm very embarrassed. i managed to play this game 500 hours before without issue, not sure why I thought I could just come along and sh*t post like that. Apologies. I'm not sure a permanent ban is appropriate for a single incident, If that remains, i think it would be appropriate to refund the DLC I got just a few hours before being banned. You have all the power so you can do whatever you like, but just as I'm responsible for breaking the rules, I think it's also fair that I get a refund for something I purchased in good faith, I had not idea permanent chat bans were even a thing or I would have waited to purchase the admiralty DLC.

Tip: quote admin with the apology or he will not see it in notifications. You replyed to yourself. Even then he gets loads of them so its hard for him to respond to everything. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the help, HachiRokuI appreciate it. Clearly I am rusty on many things. 

19 hours ago, admin said:

19 hours ago, raudy5 said:

18 hours ago, raudy5 said:

16 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Tip: quote admin with the apology or he will not see it in notifications. You replyed to yourself. Even then he gets loads of them so its hard for him to respond to everything. 

Edited by raudy5
Getting the hang of making sure to quote OP in the reply.

23 hours ago, Mungsum said:

Hello, 

unfortunately I have not received any information yet. Is it a bug in the game?

I still can't write anything in the chat or write ingame mails. Player name Mungsum. Thanks. 

Captain, you were banned for offensive name but as you changed it the ban will be lifted soon.  Please don’t use offensive names in the future 

• 4 weeks later...