Game-Labs Forum

Post your most wanted sequel to ultimate general no matter how insane they are.

AegorBlackfyre

i would like to see a sengoku jidai or maybe boshin war would be cool but since the boshin war did not had much in terms of combat and i would not know how they would make a sengoku game it would be very unlikely to see them do this kind of periods. sorry if what i said about the boshin war is incorrect and sorry for the english.

I'm surprised nobodies mentioned (or at least I didn't see anyone mention) The Mexican-American War, just imagine it military greats like, Winfield Scott, Zachary Taylor, and Mariano Arista to name a few. Fighting from the skirmishes at the Nueces Strip to The Battle of Santa Cruz de Rosales.  

• 1 month later...

Have anyone here has any news on the next Ultimate " ###### " game would be? I have seen two different guys posting in YouTube making reference to Ultimate Admiral ... an apparent naval game covering early 20th century conflicts

15 hours ago, i64man said:

Have anyone here has any news on the next Ultimate " ###### " game would be? I have seen two different guys posting in YouTube making reference to Ultimate Admiral ... an apparent naval game covering early 20th century conflicts

That is from the Age of Steel forum and refers to a separate game which appears to going to be named "Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts."

Check it out here:

Personally I was hoping for Ultimate General: Civil War Zombie Apocalypse. However, it appears that the developers were having a lot of problems with the Zombies, so that was ruled out.

I think. :)

• 5 months later...

So... silly question but following the announcement of age of sail does this mean that there should be no sequel on napoleonic wars in the short term or could there be more games being worked on on parallel ? If someone could give us a hint it would be great !

I can imagine a sequel set in the Taiping Civil War, contemporaneous with the ACW. The same basic campaign mechanics could apply – purchasing weapons to equip units with distinct traits, etc. – although with relatively few well-documented battles there wouldn't be as much scripting for tactical engagements. The Taiping, provincial militias (esp. Hunan) and Westernised forces (esp. the Ever-Victorious Army) all engaged in acquiring foreign arms to bolster their traditionally-armed forces, so you could potentially even have 3 distinct campaigns with different logistical challenges. Maybe it might even be possible to do a more branching campaign where you could have the Taiping rather than Qing obtain foreign support.