• Princes Wilhelmina
    • Wenden
    • Vrijheid class
    • Téméraire class
    • Montañés class
    • Wreker class
    • HMS Foudroyant

56 minutes ago, Thonys said:

heuuhhh... cant we just have them all :)

If only!

I wasn't there when PotBS was in development, but anyone know off the top of their head how many unique ships were modeled for that game?  Would be nice if Naval Action matched or surpassed that.

I kinda wish we had more than one option. I did pic the Montañés class mainly cause I would like to see more Spanish ships in game.  Though a few of the light frigates I would love to see to to get more variety in the 5th rate area of the game that should be the main ships most are in.

Oh the cool thing with the Prince is we can maybe see mixed deck guns on ships by doing how they did the two decks on that ship option.  Maybe we will get to see some mixed deck ships in the future too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I'll vote for a Dutch ship if it has a chance to win, but seeing the lead Montanes has I switched to Princesa Real for now

It's not an insurmountable lead over the Wreker.  Every vote counts!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Seeing how the results have shifted a bit from the previous poll I'm curious whether there's any subterfuge going on...  :ph34r:

Because people dont vote that much for Temeraire anymore? Because your French? Maybe people saw after their votes in the previous poll that voting for the Temeraire was not such a good and fun idea. But... thats just my theory.. not saying its true.

1 hour ago, GreatTimo said:

Because people dont vote that much for Temeraire anymore? Because your French? Maybe people saw after their votes in the previous poll that voting for the Temeraire was not such a good and fun idea. But... thats just my theory.. not saying its true.

The votes between the leaders in the initial poll were pretty close at 139-140-112, but now Montanes has a huge lead 42-97-60.  It seems like an oddly large shift in the numbers, with no obvious reason for people to change preferences so suddenly.

4 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

The votes between the leaders in the initial poll were pretty close at 139-140-112, but now Montanes has a huge lead 42-97-60.  It seems like an oddly large shift in the numbers, with no obvious reason for people to change preferences so suddenly.

I do agree on that... it could be that people made fake accounts or something?

1 hour ago, GreatTimo said:

I do agree on that... it could be that people made fake accounts or something?

That is how they broke this game back in the days when Devs trusted Polls so much. You can make 10 accounts under an hour, warm them up and vote for what you need to vote. 

It's always a great idea to stick to what this game needs and use polls as a reference. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 3:42 AM, Arvenski said:

Maybe people figure the Temeraire's bound to be added by the devs eventually, so their votes are better spent on getting a less well-known ship into the game.

Unless the Montanes/Wreker result is in doubt I'm voting for Portugal to keep them on the radar.  I like smaller ships, too. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

I'm all for having anywhere from 3-5 ships per rate to choose from, if the devs ever allow such a thing to be.  Based on what the final result is here, I hope the next poll, if there is one, settles the final gaps in the ship lineups.

19 minutes ago, Haratik said:

I'm all for having anywhere from 3-5 ships per rate to choose from, if the devs ever allow such a thing to be.  Based on what the final result is here, I hope the next poll, if there is one, settles the final gaps in the ship lineups.

They all will have to be perfectly balanced , so we don't have Wasa scenario again. Where Wasa made Inger, Constitution and Agamemnon obsolete. 

Edited by George Washington

39 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Guys please. Remember that the devs have one wild card and they have said there will be dutch ships in the game.

So just do not worry about this poll, you will sail your dutch ship sooner or later.

Yeah they said that once before and there's still no Dutch ships, so believe it when we see it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Guys please. Remember that the devs have one wild card and they have said there will be dutch ships in the game.

So just do not worry about this poll, you will sail your dutch ship sooner or later.

I understand and i agree with you , allthough i do think that it has taken long. The Dutch have had times that they ruled the seven seas.. and still dont have a ship. So i do agree with you.. but i do think it has taken long.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Guys, we are talking here about the word given by a developper to a part of his community. And also, it is not as hard to make a ship as a mechanic or another game thing, so you will eventually have it.

In fact, the admin made a post in the initial poll about the wishes of the dutch community. They know what you want.

Just be patient.

Well, Dutch ships has been promised as far i am aware is back in sea trails and yet multiple ships have been added which of which are of either minor nations like Hamburg or one of the already 'over-represented'. Not even a small trader of which the Dutch are famous for.... only some knock off ships so far with the Indiaman,and the Yacht. 

We have even on the trader ships with the same amount of guns as a 3rd rate or sol 4th, the 68 gun Pieter Paulus (1800)of which plans are posted off, but even the most used trader at the time the Fluit or Fluyt is not ingame. 

And even then the poll missed it complete target by including ships of already represented nation like the French, American and British for example.

• Like 2