Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RaimundoJoe

Combat rewards for Port Battles

Hello!

I want, once again, to point out the unfairness existing in the game regarding battle rewards. It is the third time i participate in a PB "fought heroically" :D and in the end lost the battle. According to the actuall game logic i gained nothing, no exp, no money nothing. And so, when eventually i will get a new ship (Wasa) there will be no experience on it it will be like i never used that ship before.

And now, lets assume that i am a some what new player, puting everything i owned in to this one ship get in a fight and loose this ship. The next step, is back to a bassic cutter OR, and i am sure this happend before, just quit this and find another game that does not punish me so much.

In my case, i am fortunate enough to be part of a clan that helps out in this kind of situations. And they are acctually what brings me back to the game, win or loose we try to keep together!

As a conclusion, i want to ask the devs to reconsider this decision, because no one ever got happy to see the "Battle Rewards No Rewards" at the end of a battle.

PS. As a show of good will i promise to write a beautiful positive review of the game if this issue is addressed!      (maybe @adminlike this aproach better) :)

Edited by AxIslander
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

Hello!

I want, once again, to point out the unfairness existing in the game regarding battle rewards. It is the third time i participate in a PB "fought heroically" :D and in the end lost the battle. According to the actuall game logic i gained nothing, no exp, no money nothing. And so when eventually i will get a new ship (Wasa) thre will be no experience it will be like i never used that ship before.

And now lets assume, that i am a some what new player puting everything i owned in to this one ship. The next step is back to a bassic cutter or, and i am sure this happend before just quit and find another game that does not punish you so much.

In my case, i am fortunate enough to be part of a clan that helps out in this kind of situations. And they are acctually what brings me back to the game, win or loose we try to keep together!

As a conclusion i want to ask the devs to reconsider this decision, because no one ever got happy to see the "Battle Rewards No Rewards" at the end of a battle.

well... consider yourself in a position you are a single player 

with no clan

the result is devastating (you can not rebuild)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thonys said:

well... consider yourself in a position you are a single player 

with no clan

the result is devastating (you can not rebuild)

That is exacly my point! Devs sollution is just a lazy way to stop a few players abusing the mechanics. I wish they make things right again.

39 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

That is exacly my point! Devs sollution is just a lazy way to stop a few players abusing the mechanics. I wish they make things right again.

well, in the end, it is all about restrictions as well,

restrictions about:> building slots, harbor slots, warehouse log, travel reward, battle (screening)reward,recources.shipbuilding speed

for a single player at this moment, this game is not the game to be into, it is demotivating for the single one

The only solution is to buy extra accounts and play in a Sandboxie environment, and i do believe not everyone is into that kind of unfair behavior...

i also believe a developer must take a good look for sailing as a single on the highest rank and build himself a Bellona>  in the southern part of the map ,i bet (gambling )he is done with the game in a week (status clean no mats, and clean of gold ,just collecting the stuff and build ((6 hours playing a day))

Edited by Thonys

12 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Ill leave this here.

well in that case>>  i need to make the make myself a topic about the eve multiple account launcher bypass.(what is exactly the Sandboxie third-party solution)

i have heard it many times "if i did not have the Sandboxie ,i  would not be here anymore" 

its actually a sad thing for the game as a standalone..

Edited by Thonys

2 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Ill leave this here.

Indeed, same thing there! Once i heard @admin say "why should we reward loosers". Well the simple answer is because we ask you to. Allso because ppl get tired of loosing and will quit the game. And futher more last patch proved that experienced players do not fight eachother instead they team up.

19 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

Indeed, same thing there! Once i heard @admin say "why should we reward loosers". Well the simple answer is because we ask you to. Allso because ppl get tired of loosing and will quit the game. And futher more last patch proved that experienced players do not fight eachother instead they team up.

agree

(but loosing is a part of the game)

but there are also many reasons not to join up (traters*, thieves*, tyrants , and dumbasses, back stabbers*, lone wolfs with their own agenda )well you know what i mean..seen them all

*(that is addressed in eve with a price on your head)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Yes you should get xp and a bit of gold. I dont believe that farming alts was that big of a deal.

Same with boarding. Makes no sense to get no xp at all if you board someone.

With the mechanic atm you punish all normal players and alt abusers dont care and do something else instead.

Alt abusers should be filtered out automaticly from the logs into a list that makes the biggest abusers very well visible for mods to check.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Yes you should get xp and a bit of gold. I dont believe that farming alts was that big of a deal.

Same with boarding. Makes no sense to get no xp at all if you board someone.

With the mechanic atm you punish all normal players and alt abusers dont care and do something else instead.

Alt abusers should be filtered out automaticly from the logs into a list that makes the biggest abusers very well visible for mods to check.

Exacly! This can be an easy fix if only the will exists.

I was in the same battle as @AxIslander (almirante pb). Despite the fact that GB lost and I sank, I still got about 60k gold and also xp from the battle. By the time I sunk I had two assists.

But I agree agree, it's really not cool spending half your evening in a battle and then get nothing from it. It's not very motivating.

• Like 2

I think that maybe rewards for damage could be activated ONLY inside the PBs.

Considering that you can only get a PB every 22hours after a grind of 1-2 hours, the people wouldnt use them as a way to exploit the game.

• Like 1

I have to make a retraction!

Aparently i did received 462 ship exp and probably some gold. i don't know about the CM. Shame on me! Sorry for the inconvenience, will try to be more patient next time.

And because i promised is a review:

recesion.png

5 hours ago, Batman said:

I was in the same battle as @AxIslander (almirante pb). Despite the fact that GB lost and I sank, I still got about 60k gold and also xp from the battle. By the time I sunk I had two assists.

But I agree agree, it's really not cool spending half your evening in a battle and then get nothing from it. It's not very motivating.

Even worse think of the low level guy that just wants to help.  The other night we saw that GB was gridning up Cay-de-Sal and we sent one of our guys from Morgan Bluff in a H Rattler to check on it.  He found the mission and joined. It was 3 Bucc's.  We mobilized our force and got on the way form MORT (YEP FROM MORT).  By time we got half way another low level joined the fight with a prince.  The Prince and H. Rattler stayed in the battle shooting sails and tagging the Bucc's so they couldn't escape.  30-45 mins later our main force jumped in and joined the fight.  Those two small ships was able to keep two of the Bucc's in.  The second part of our force had showed up and was able to snagged that one Bucc that escaped.  Well we where able to board/sink one( he was burned down to much by time I finished boarding) and captured the other one.  They both took pretty good damage to hull and sails.  Well cause you don't get any reward unless you do enough damage to get an Assist or Kill the two small ships that keep them in and did all the hard work got NOTHING.  ZERO....NOTHING.  We gave the Bucc in our fight to the H. Rattler player so he had a big ship in the area.  The Prince is only a level 3 players and I will reward him later with a better ship but he get zero XP, no credits or CM's and he pretty much was the reason they where keeped in the fight for so long.  Just think how frustrating that is to a new player that does a lot of hard work to get ZERO reward.

I remember doing the same thing back when my second Pirate was still just a baby Spanish player.  I got tons of XP off the fight, enough to finish off my level and push me almost half way into the next level.  Though felt awesome cause I had worked so hard keeping a GB Bucc in fight until a bunch of pirates could catch up to him and fight him.   You need to be rewarding players for there help in fights at least XP for damage done.  Yes both players might of gotten some xp/credits if we scuttled the ships, but the chance wasn't very lickly cause they didn't have listed assistance in the kill.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Even worse think of the low level guy that just wants to help.  The other night we saw that GB was gridning up Cay-de-Sal and we sent one of our guys from Morgan Bluff in a H Rattler to check on it.  He found the mission and joined. It was 3 Bucc's.  We mobilized our force and got on the way form MORT (YEP FROM MORT).  By time we got half way another low level joined the fight with a prince.  The Prince and H. Rattler stayed in the battle shooting sails and tagging the Bucc's so they couldn't escape.  30-45 mins later our main force jumped in and joined the fight.  Those two small ships was able to keep two of the Bucc's in.  The second part of our force had showed up and was able to snagged that one Bucc that escaped.  Well we where able to board/sink one( he was burned down to much by time I finished boarding) and captured the other one.  They both took pretty good damage to hull and sails.  Well cause you don't get any reward unless you do enough damage to get an Assist or Kill the two small ships that keep them in and did all the hard work got NOTHING.  ZERO....NOTHING.  We gave the Bucc in our fight to the H. Rattler player so he had a big ship in the area.  The Prince is only a level 3 players and I will reward him later with a better ship but he get zero XP, no credits or CM's and he pretty much was the reason they where keeped in the fight for so long.  Just think how frustrating that is to a new player that does a lot of hard work to get ZERO reward.

I remember doing the same thing back when my second Pirate was still just a baby Spanish player.  I got tons of XP off the fight, enough to finish off my level and push me almost half way into the next level.  Though felt awesome cause I had worked so hard keeping a GB Bucc in fight until a bunch of pirates could catch up to him and fight him.   You need to be rewarding players for there help in fights at least XP for damage done.  Yes both players might of gotten some xp/credits if we scuttled the ships, but the chance wasn't very lickly cause they didn't have listed assistance in the kill.   

well this issue is/has bin addressed for over a year now, and if i remember the devs told in a post that they would do something about it  ( some reward for screening and low-level captains [(threshold issue)] )

but it seems they never done something about that kind of the parameters .....(not broadside wise balance [ was f11, ship sunk and no reward ])

in the meantime(  instead of reward balance for lower ranks and other kinds of ship tactic behavior ) they increased the rewards for shooting ships in the last upgrade (what is  good)

>> so this kind of reward is still underway<< , and if not, we will keep this kind of threads coming every week ...

. This includes also a good display of the reward damage and result page (what will clarify a lot)[battle time- sail damage - tagging,- fire - crew damage- hull damage- assist damage- victory or loose  -class multiplier-,  ecc..]

but they told the ui is first now ...

i do not know what is next, but i hope it will be coded  in the UI  (what is in the current ui on a simple display [only broadside damage/assist])

Edited by Thonys

Me and few others warned about this already in testbed patch 10 time. It's not a problem with low pop where all players just redeem their exp. It will become problem with higher pop and players that are starting from the beginning. It's not only about PB. Once again, in order to fix some alt exploits (which btw alt people dont care as they will find different way to exploit), devs butcher gameplay of truly playing people and i guarantee you that second group is a lot bigger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Borch said:

Me and few others warned about this already in testbed patch 10 time. It's not a problem with low pop where all players just redeem their exp. It will become problem with higher pop and players that are starting from the beginning. It's not only about PB. Once again, in order to fix some alt exploits (which btw alt people dont care as they will find different way to exploit), devs butcher gameplay of truly playing people and i guarantee you that second group is a lot bigger.

i agree, well you can see it like a player based pyramid in the future, where the lower captains are at the bottom/middle of the pyramid, but at the moment the big huge rewards are only at the top.

i rather see a mechanism where a low officer who is doing a really great job, will get his reward in a more rewarding manner and display (for doing a decisive glorious battle outcome)

ps,i don't see alt exploits in this picture, if it is exploited, that has nothing to do with the reward for the single player playing an honest game.(that has to be dealt with>  for the devs )

8 hours ago, Thonys said:

i agree, well you can see it like a player based pyramid in the future, where the lower captains are at the bottom/middle of the pyramid, but at the moment the big huge rewards are only at the top.

i rather see a mechanism where a low officer who is doing a really great job, will get his reward in a more rewarding manner and display (for doing a decisive glorious battle outcome)

ps,i don't see alt exploits in this picture, if it is exploited, that has nothing to do with the reward for the single player playing an honest game.(that has to be dealt with>  for the devs )

As been said before the guys that are going to exploit are going to find a way to do it anyway and prob aren't even 1% of the active game players. We need to help the little guys out and give them a reason to stick around in the game. I'm a hardcore vet player that prob isn't going any where any time soon, but we need to keep these new players and there is a problem where the game isn't retaining them.  One of the reasons we hear is the rewards system for fights where they try to help but get nothing out of it.  Other than for ship knowlege I dont' need the XP, they do.  Every one should get xp no matter if a ship is captured or not.  They should get XP for the damage they done too.   Keep the credits and CM to the system we have, but tie in xp to rewards of things done in actually battle not the final results.  Like a damage done, crits such as fires started and mods taken out, mast shot down, boarding it self should give you xp over just a kill cause you don't always get the kill after a board if you didn't do the most damage.   Things like that should be based on XP only and rewarded no mater the out come of the fight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As been said before the guys that are going to exploit are going to find a way to do it anyway and prob aren't even 1% of the active game players. We need to help the little guys out and give them a reason to stick around in the game. I'm a hardcore vet player that prob isn't going any where any time soon, but we need to keep these new players and there is a problem where the game isn't retaining them.  One of the reasons we hear is the rewards system for fights where they try to help but get nothing out of it.  Other than for ship knowlege I dont' need the XP, they do.  Every one should get xp no matter if a ship is captured or not.  They should get XP for the damage they done too.   Keep the credits and CM to the system we have, but tie in xp to rewards of things done in actually battle not the final results.  Like a damage done, crits such as fires started and mods taken out, mast shot down, boarding it self should give you xp over just a kill cause you don't always get the kill after a board if you didn't do the most damage.   Things like that should be based on XP only and rewarded no mater the out come of the fight.

i totally agree that the little guy needs to be in the center point of attention in this matter 

he is the one to stick around in the first place..helped with all mechanics working on his playing experience, what also means that he understands the damage that he has done in a result display 

he needs a goal to become better in his gameplay 

a solid reward system is crucial