Game-Labs Forum

VCO Takes the Black!

Christendom

10 hours ago, Rebrall said:

Everyone cause that's the whole point 😁

Again, i commend ARMED with all they have done. Attacking everyone -

1. making agreements of where and how much to attack (like with the danes). While it seems like they are sleeping, CCCP wakes up eventually.

2. Fighting pirates at la navasse for "biff"

3. Fighting the US with both ow pvp and port battles

All this and they still find the strength to sit with such carebears in a nation who try and make it difficult to do all that. You guys are truly stalwart individuals and anytime you sink me I will be smiling as my ships goes to davy jones' locker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

So if your intent was to attack everyone then why didn't you just roll pirate in the first place? Unless I am missing something you went through being part of 2 nations before joining pirates. If you really wanted to just attack everyone then you should have chosen pirate in the first place. Why join nations and get them involved in conflicts that were not their choice and then switch? Not making accusations, just curious to the reason why and to clarify if what I heard was accurate.

Pirate was going to be our original choice on global, but a nameless member of ours (cough @Aventador cough) wasn't a fan of the "flag" so we just gave in and stayed US.  After it was determined the US was too far away and wasn't ever gonna get it's shit together (still hasn't), we decided to move to brits.  Before we moved Brit, we were assured by various clans that we would get support in our timezone AND help fighting the US to take back the gulf and get marks.  Again, we were told by clans like GA that we would get support fighting the US.  We didn't, the tune immediately changed once it was determined we'd have to fight for ports.  One clan consistently helped us out, ARMED.  Our timezone differences limited what we could do together however.  In our time with the Brits we were consistently called spies by players who were upset that they weren't the "top dogs", constantly told to leave in GB chat and just overall distrusted despite being the main RVR force that showed and lost ships to the pirates.  The only successful full 25 on 25 attack that GB won before this most recent wipe was orchestrated and run by TF/VCO.  

Anyway this is a rant.  We're pirate now, which is what we should of gone from the very start.  We tried to be helpful over in GB and got nothing but bitter comments in nation from players who do zero to participate in the RVR scene.  We've gotten more support in the few days we've been pirate from the various clans here than we did in the 3+ months as brit.  Oddly enough the pirates seem to work much better as a nation than the actual nations on global, which is why they always win.  

There are only 3 active nations on global,  (US, GB and Pirates) all other barely have the manpower to take a neutral port once in a blue moon. 

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Why pirate? If you are into conquest why not choose another ==NATION== like, let's say, DK?

Population issues - Denmark, Dutch, Spain all could have been choices - but they do not have the playerbase to support RvR. An argument could be made that we could have gone there TO create the RvR presence, but with how forged papers being limited as is you cannot go to a nation, realize you made a wrong choice, and oops! you're stuck now.

8 minutes ago, Red Dragon 13 said:

To the guys in VSCO with all my respect: Anne Wildcat has a point. If your main interest is RvR and PBs, why go rat?

as @Serk says, going to a nation with no RvR presence or playerbase and then also not having 25 players. Because lets face it, you absolutely need 25 players to effectively RvR. You're shooting yourself and your group in the foot if you make everyone use forged papers only to see that you can't do what you want.

why pirates? Because they are 1 of the big 3 on the server, because they have a playerbase that wants to PvP, to RvR, and to conduct port battles against everyone!

it's the same as other groups, how can you be convinced by a nation or group that you can take part in RvR or PBs, oh but btw we don't have 25 players, and if your group came we still wouldn't have 25 players sooo we wouldn't be able to fight X, Y, Z, still.

yeah no, the hype dies fast and people won't go.

EDIT: basically, here's the gist, until Forged Papers becomes an item you can purchase (which it really has to be), you're best bet is to do one of 2 things

1. nothing

2. join a nation that already has a playerbase

Edited by Teutonic

3 minutes ago, Serk said:

There are only 3 active nations on global,  (US, GB and Pirates) all other barely have the manpower to take a neutral port once in a blue moon. 

^^^  This

Going Spain was floated as an idea, but there just isn't enough players to actually do RVR.  I was in talks with Teutonic before the wipePirates and the US can field 25man fleets in out time zone, VCO cannot alone.  I was out of commission for almost 2 weeks at the start of this wipe due to the hurricane and we probably would of gone Spain if I was around.  We don't like to primarily do RVR and if you've been on global the last couple weeks...you've seen our exploits sinking the shit out of the US and CKA.  We'll pretty much do whatever provides the most content and a mix of RVR and PVP is what you have to do in order to stay busy on global (as well as mindless PVE).  

If you want to stay busy on global, you need to create your own content by whatever means and not ally up with the largest nation of players.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Pirate was going to be our original choice on global, but a nameless member of ours (cough @Aventador cough) wasn't a fan of the "flag" so we just gave in and stayed US.  After it was determined the US was too far away and wasn't ever gonna get it's shit together (still hasn't), we decided to move to brits.  Before we moved Brit, we were assured by various clans that we would get support in our timezone AND help fighting the US to take back the gulf and get marks.  Again, we were told by clans like GA that we would get support fighting the US.  We didn't, the tune immediately changed once it was determined we'd have to fight for ports.  One clan consistently helped us out, ARMED.  Our timezone differences limited what we could do together however.  In our time with the Brits we were consistently called spies by players who were upset that they weren't the "top dogs", constantly told to leave in GB chat and just overall distrusted despite being the main RVR force that showed and lost ships to the pirates.  The only successful full 25 on 25 attack that GB won before this most recent wipe was orchestrated and run by TF/VCO.  

Anyway this is a rant.  We're pirate now, which is what we should of gone from the very start.  We tried to be helpful over in GB and got nothing but bitter comments in nation from players who do zero to participate in the RVR scene.  We've gotten more support in the few days we've been pirate from the various clans here than we did in the 3+ months as brit.  Oddly enough the pirates seem to work much better as a nation than the actual nations on global, which is why they always win.  

GA never told  you we would support VCO in fighting the US, you were give a bullshit lie from others on how we feel or would help VCO in that war.

GA were lied to and lied about which is why we pulled out of the gulf. The first time we worked hostility at Gasperilla Christendom and another VCO member turned up in an Indiaman with an Indefatigable in fleet. We personally promised VCO/TF nothing apart from the marks that were requested and were given. We did not misinform people not to turn up to port battles which were subsequently lost like others did. VCO gone pirate, good riddance, go and break that nation as you have tried to break every nation that you've been in. 

Why would every clan need to do the same, everybody has his/her own favorite enemies. I as ex pvp1 came to the US finding a lively trade with the French discomforting, based on experience on PVP1. So after the whipe people with different histories came together, and that stirred the pot. I have good friends in Mars and thus am not keen to fight them, but if there would be a "fun" based portbattle, instead of all shanannigans going on now I would gladly join. Balance is now of great importance, so everyone has some quieter waters, and PVP/RVR arena's where they want. What is despice in VCO is that they want people only to look at the game their way, and are offended if you dont obly....

14 minutes ago, Capt Roberts said:

GA never told  you we would support VCO in fighting the US, you were give a bullshit lie from others on how we feel or would help VCO in that war.

10 minutes ago, Capt Hardy said:

GA were lied to and lied about which is why we pulled out of the gulf. The first time we worked hostility at Gasperilla Christendom and another VCO member turned up in an Indiaman with an Indefatigable in fleet. We personally promised VCO/TF nothing apart from the marks that were requested and were given. We did not misinform people not to turn up to port battles which were subsequently lost like others did. VCO gone pirate, good riddance, go and break that nation as you have tried to break every nation that you've been in. 

We were explicably told by Fortunatus before we moved over and again in multiple meetings after we moved that we would receive support in the Gulf.  He is GA.  We even have a recording of it somewhere.  You later backtracked that he didn't have the authority to make that decision or whatever bullshit you always do.  You showed up to help Gasparilla hostility and then you started a feud in nation chat against Woody and Pongo's guys because you bailed on them in battle.  No show Hardy!  

You were not misled with out intentions in the gulf.  Typical GA move, once the fighting starts you Go Away.  I wonder if we'll actually see you leave your ports now that we're pirate?

Lets Just have fun cause that's what the game is about i had fun with my friends over at the Brits and now I'll have fun against my friends at the Brits i wish it wasn't needed but server Population is low and the devs refuse to Fix it so we will Just have to have fun as pirates (which is actually a great brunch of guys Just sayin)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Serk said:

Actually you are slightly off on the comment regarding the number needed to take a neutral port. Capturing it can be done with as few as 4 people if they know what they are doing. Maintaining the cost of the port (100,000 gold / day) is the difficult part for small clans as it would be quite a task to take in that amount in addition to what is needed  to pay for supplies and such.

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

Actually you are slightly off on the comment regarding the number needed to take a neutral port. Capturing it can be done with as few as 4 people if they know what they are doing. Maintaining the cost of the port (100,000 gold / day) is the difficult part for small clans as it would be quite a task to take in that amount in addition to what is needed  to pay for supplies and such.

Well not really one single RA missions is around 200-300k that's a 7 - 15 min mission if you can't do that's there is something wrong even a small clan could do this even with one person doing it daily 

7 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Let me get this right, the US can't get it's shit together, but you rage quit because you didn't get help fighting the nation that can't get it's shit together.

I actually don't think it matters now as what's done is done,

just another point that seems to get overlooked here is being able to fight whoever you want  gives people the chance to learn from each other in there own nation and fighting/practicing is more beneficial especially as inter nation fights would be more forgiving over mistakes.

And I don't see why I should roll rat just to enjoy the game the way I want 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raekur said:

actually the 100,000 gold/day isn't really that difficult. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

with the patch today and trade...I did 1 trade route for 10 minutes and got a mill. it really isn't hard.

I have not had a chance to examine the results of the new patch. I did hear that the runs were more profitable now. Before they were complete shit.

• Like 1

They can't be that bad, we have a player in our clan, who pre-patch would make easily a million a day, trading, with no alts and no silly amount of life destroying hours in the game....he just learned the best routes, when to run them...and when not to !

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

On 9/29/2017 at 12:35 AM, Christendom said:

5Nqf89x.jpg

TLDR - We don't approve of carebear alliances and abhor our former allies unwillingness to participate in port battles in anything other than Mortar Brigs.  We're going to hopefully balance out the double team if we can and sink the King's cowardly subjects in the process.

CKA & GA, we're coming for dat ass.  Props out our mates in ARMED who were willing to fight the good fight, though for the life of me I don't understand why you aren't fighting the people in your own time zone (Dane aussies) instead of fighting half full PBs against the pirates.  

been away for a month... and now I see VCO has turned black?<_<

Yup.... now I know hell has frozen over.

this comment is not approved by the Church but is my belief only.

[VCO] move to pirate I empathise hugely especially after the initial post by @admin over Companies and the possibility of Civil War. This apparently the main reason for the switch.

The Senior Captains at [VCO] if they'd have wanted just RvR or a way to attack [CKA] and [GA] then obviously they wouldn't have chosen Pirate. Sweden France or other. This is quite simply a PROTEST vote for @adminto look what is sadly missing.

If things don't change regarding civil war mechanic then [ELITE] may go to the BLACK, her brother [ARMED] and what if [MARS] also went BLACK? What State if not [SORRY] would [PvP Global] be then in...? 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

this comment is not approved by the Church but is my belief only.

[VCO] move to pirate I empathise hugely especially after the initial post by @admin over Companies and the possibility of Civil War. This apparently the main reason for the switch.

The Senior Captains at [VCO] if they'd have wanted just RvR or a way to attack [CKA] and [GA] then obviously they wouldn't have chosen Pirate. Sweden France or other. This is quite simply a PROTEST vote for @adminto look what is sadly missing.

If things don't change regarding civil war mechanic then [ELITE] may go to the BLACK, her brother [ARMED] and what if [MARS] also went BLACK? What State if not [SORRY] would [PvP Global] be then in...? 

we would have chosen another if there was a group there to play with that was big enough to do proper RVR with but indeed if it were possible to attack clans within your own nation we would have never left since all we wanted was to have fun fighting and sadly this was no longer possible in the british nation

• Like 2

My problem with the [VCO] move is what happens in the next two weeks?

We will see an influx of multiple nations to help dilute GB & US and should help the small Nations along the way. This I strongly disagree with and it will detract attention away from the civil war mechanic altogether which was originally suggested.

I may ask for a "BURN JITA" protest if this does in fact occur. So keep hold of them Forged papers...

• Like 1

if the devs want to save the game all they have to do is merge them get players forged papers and i would even be up for cosmetics you can buy with real money to get them funds since i can understand that issue but as long as the player base is as low as it is now their RVR mechanics don't work like they should imagine have multiple big clans controlling seperate territories in a nation

1 more thing pls give us clan/war company flags that would be so cool

i liked the last update and i hope you expand on it  @admin

• Like 3