Game-Labs Forum

Sad news from Europe: Sixth coalition is kaput

Worried what this might be about? Think it might just be an announcement of future ships, or a quip that has about as much purpose as the pray button?

Fear not! Instead, simply...

adcj8m5_R8_9YDly6R3PUA.png

On 9/27/2017 at 3:57 PM, Mrgoldstein said:

i guess the adding of more nations...prussians, rusia portuguese..? wayt to divide the even small playerbase even more..

lets not even talk about history if its correct or not

Way to make assumptions based on zero evidence.

• Like 1

Dave the spaniard is now a nation.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:45 AM, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Night flips are the result of poor game design of how ports are captured, much too quickly.  Nothing should "flip" - a sustained campaign should be required to take territory.  Ping seems to be the actual server merge issue. 

Never seen a night flip, we do ours in prime time SEA.

• Like 2

We want to run a final test on the capturability of capitals for those who want it a bit more hardcore.
The best way to do it wihout screwing up existing game play is to add new nations. New nations will not have a capital (thus will not have admiralty initially) and will have to capture and build one somewhere on the map. It will also not have a protection zone forcing new nations to protect their rookies. It will be a superhard more for unrestricted pvp and rvr fans. 

New nations will also split current large nations and will actually balance the game more. New nations will be very populated and will actively fight each other (and existing nations). 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, admin said:

We want to run a final test on the capturability of capitals for those who want it a bit more hardcore.
The best way to do it wihout screwing up existing game play is to add new nations. New nations will not have a capital (thus will not have admiralty initially) and will have to capture and build one somewhere on the map. It will also not have a protection zone forcing new nations to protect their rookies. It will be a superhard more for unrestricted pvp and rvr fans. 

New nations will also split current large nations and will actually balance the game more. New nations will be very populated and will actively fight each other (and existing nations). 

And how would one switch to one of these nations an such?  I'm not a big fan of adding more nations to the game, but hay lets test it if you want to.  Though I wonder if pirates would be a good way to test instead of adding new nations....we are the bastard child nations and it might help gear us to maybe having something different about us than the other nations?  I mean aren't we suppose to be hard core mode?

As for the first question I could be willing to give up one of my pirates to test such if I was given the option to keep rank and such and change name...shhhhh don't want every one know it's my char;)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, admin said:

i would love to see this we are testing after all  ..

Clan WARS  please add since server is low pop

Edited by Wacko WIlko
new idea
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, admin said:

ETA for these new nations? Is this coming soon (days/a few weeks)? Or months away? 

10 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

With the present level of player fatigue how are these new nations going to be "very populated"?  Is something hidden in that statement?  Signing bonus?  Free alts?  Exclusives?

I would come back for it. Sounds like the outlaw class i was waiting for for so long.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, admin said:

It's not a bad idea, but I think it will work only if players choosing this new "superhard" nations will have very good and exclusive advantages (exclusives ships/refits/books, more XP, more gold, more marks, no tax etc. etc.)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, admin said:

Time for the Septinsular Republic to rule the world !!! :)

(it was on Napoleon's side during the Sixth Coalition, so I'm on topic)

(+ a nice flag)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

Don't bother.

It's not possible to support even more nations, nor to have players severely handicap themselves while everyone else enjoys total immunity for no benefit whatsoever.

If you want a high sec, low sec and nullsec setup, you need the risk and rewards, not just the risks.

4 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

We seriously don't need more Nations. Clan v Clan solution here

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22954-norfolk’s-three-steps-to-heaven-or-hell…/

What we need is to get away from this ever more PvP thing and start getting PvE Content to attract Players.

Clan vs Clan might numb the effect if low playerbase by allowing people to kill each other. But the actual problems would get even worse because Wars inside the Faction would lead to more frustration abd even more people leaving....

Clan vs Clan in the current Situation would be a blood letting.

Sure for the moment you feel better but the actual Situation gets even worse.

War has the habit that it cannot be sustained by War.

For War to be sustained you need safe space in the rear and peace times to recover.

Everything worked fine when we had Limited Conscription for PvP as every port had Safezones.

We went from that to Every Adult Serves and now that we have Run out of Cannon Fodder you want to Scrsoe the Barrel to Send even Children and Old Geezers into the Grinder?

You guys need to realize that further steps towards PvP will only result in the Games Death.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

The best way to do it wihout screwing up existing game play is to add new nations.

Does this mean that if the test fails you will remove again those nations? Because that seems problematic, seeing as people will get attached to their nation and not be happy if it is taken away from them again. 

To be honest I think this is a very uneccessary test.

But if you're going to do it: Please allow some sort of clan alliances across national borders, even if just for pirate clans. I fear that these new nations will be very ethnocentric and therefore impossible to thrive or grow in for non-ethnocentric clans. Thus you will split up groups who like to play together.

And I honestly don't think you're realising the ramifications to existing gameplay of this change. 

And these new nations will have a hard time to grow. Since all the nations with a safe-zone will be camping the nations without one. And the safe-zones are already very unbalanced between the nations, without reflecting in any way the difficulty ratings you have given the nations in the selection menu.

2 hours ago, admin said:

New nations will also split current large nations and will actually balance the game more.

What current large nations? Brits and Swedes? 500 people on the server, there are no large nations. Just small, smaller and tiny.

I'm guessing you cannot start the game as one of these new nations? Because without an admiralty store from the beginning they cannot build a fleet to start with. So you can only forge papers to this nation after you have created your account in another nation, kind of like people have asked that pirates should be.

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

Time for the Septinsular Republic to rule the world !!! :)

(it was on Napoleon's side during the Sixth Coalition, so I'm on topic)

(+ a nice flag)

They had a similar size navy to Prussia too, plus and as you can see their flag kind of looks like it has Nicholas Cage's Face on it.

wB17U47.png

Here's is a Nicholas Cage Version in the spoiler I did on MS Paint for comparison.

1200px-Flag_of_the_Septinsular_Republic.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 2