Game-Labs Forum

the single players handycap, and his ship

ho folks @admin

for the single player in this game 

who has for some reason, not a clan

gets at a point where he must build his own ship

atm we have 5 slots, but those slots are not the same slots we had over 2 years

in the meantime we have the (shipyard whats a single player needs)but/ and workshop introduced (clan-based players don't need a shipyard)

the single player is left with 3 slots 

what is too short for building his ship

the clan-based player who builds his ship at the clan shipbuilder has 4-5 slots left

what means the clan-based player is in advantage 

and the single player haS A handicap for being on his own (3 versus 5 slots)

So i think it is a good thing to put 2 extra slots in for shipbuilding raw materials(in buildings) 

because the single player has  not only a handicap but can't even build his ship if he is not in the right area (3 sorts materials are not in his surrounding (or in the capital,- they are mostly sold out)( hemp, silver, gold, iron, coal, fir, oak, stone, lignum,) the single player has access to 3 of the main material goods, what means he has to change his buildings just too often to grind for the other ship materials what is a destructive behaviour(and a big waste of gold)

if it is against the psychological behavior of the player it will tell him to quit the game

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zooloo said:

Well you can still trade with anyone, you cant have a craft that encourages cooperation and trade if you can do everything on your own.

ah yes you can ..

they also told me there is water on the moon...

Edited by Thonys

Well you can still craft ships on your own.  You might wind up destroying buildings and rebuilding though, this is what I did building ship(s) on my own.  But trade is the other option.  You have four buildings after the shipyard, and you don't need a workshop to build a ship.  If you want to do it all without trading with anyone it will take longer, just stockpile from a building, destroy, then build a different one and stockpile that, till you have all you need for a few ships.

54 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Well you can still craft ships on your own.  You might wind up destroying buildings and rebuilding though, this is what I did building ship(s) on my own.  But trade is the other option.  You have four buildings after the shipyard, and you don't need a workshop to build a ship.  If you want to do it all without trading with anyone it will take longer, just stockpile from a building, destroy, then build a different one and stockpile that, till you have all you need for a few ships.

Cannons need a workshop, and they are expensive.

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

They are not that expensive.  Idiots just charge way to much for them is all. Get some one in your clan to make them or hell make them your self and if you supply your own iron and coal you will make profit off them.  

It's the same with repairs,every thing you need is in capital regions, find out how much it actualy cost and sale them for a decent price and they will sale like hot cake.  The problem is the idiots that buy them and than repost them higher priced or go sale them some where else, but either way you still made money off them.

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Cannons are also sold by the port, so you do not need a workshop.  You can buy meds till the cows come home.  And if you are selling the ship you don't fit it out.

Edited by Jean Ribault

Well with the ability to buy all the resources you need from the EU traders, buildings are not as vital as before. Its more expensive, but theres no wait time, and you can get as much as you want, whenever you want.

1 hour ago, EliteDelta said:

Well with the ability to buy all the resources you need from the EU traders, buildings are not as vital as before. Its more expensive, but theres no wait time, and you can get as much as you want, whenever you want.

How do you buy from EU traders ?

21 minutes ago, Zooloo said:

How do you buy from EU traders ?

Use the prices from Skullys Post:

Skullys List

If you need Iron ore as an an example, put an buy order for Iron Ore and price 240 <- the EU Traider price, now you get your buy orders instant fulfilled.

You can get whatever quantity you want.

• Like 2

It's a pretty strange expectation to be fully autonomous crafter as a single player in a multiplayer sandbox game, or to expect to be on par with cooperating clans...

NA is actually quite lenient. 2 players can be pretty much fully autonomous.

Edited by Guest

I think the next thing to figure out is bringing back Officers (and remove the "Lives" aspect) or removing the cost to reset perks. I see it as needing 4 different Officers One for OW battle, one for the Mortar brig, one for trading, and one for building ships. A clan can generate a large amount of marks in very little time but the solo player will spend an about 30 min to generate about 10 marks in a 4th rate battle. Lower level will take even longer.

Edited by Raekur

36 minutes ago, Raekur said:

I think the next thing to figure out is bringing back Officers (and remove the "Lives" aspect) or removing the cost to reset perks. I see it as needing 4 different Officers One for OW battle, one for the Mortar brig, one for trading, and one for building ships. A clan can generate a large amount of marks in very little time but the solo player will spend an about 30 min to generate about 10 marks in a 4th rate battle. Lower level will take even longer.

So why do you feel as though you *need* to be able to have the most optimal set of perks for any particular activity at any one time, instead of compromising to find a mixture of perks that best suits your role?

I certainly know it's not out of need, probably out of want, but it's threading dangerously close to just greed.

But sure, I'd agree that 50 marks might be a bit steep to lower ranked players and might be better off with a price per perk point to account for ranks - whereas the current cost becomes laughable once you're in a 1st rate making 100 combat marks per mission.

10 hours ago, Gysendorf said:

play Naval Action with your friend(s) and create a clan than you have all the advantages you described, one has shipyard the other has the workshop. Or did it like @Shrez described it if you want to play alone as lone wolf (half the fun). Btw thumps up @Shrez for the kindly hint to @Zooloo

Clans aren't everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

It's a pretty strange expectation to be fully autonomous crafter as a single player in a multiplayer sandbox game, or to expect to be on par with cooperating clans...

NA is actually quite lenient. 2 players can be pretty much fully autonomous.

ahhhhhhh the second alt account promo.....

no thankx...

also this thread is a bout  "the handycap "

people read ......and stay ontopic

Edited by Thonys

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

So why do you feel as though you *need* to be able to have the most optimal set of perks for any particular activity at any one time, instead of compromising to find a mixture of perks that best suits your role?

I certainly know it's not out of need, probably out of want, but it's threading dangerously close to just greed.

But sure, I'd agree that 50 marks might be a bit steep to lower ranked players and might be better off with a price per perk point to account for ranks - whereas the current cost becomes laughable once you're in a 1st rate making 100 combat marks per mission.

It is not out of greed that I mention this but wanting to avoid wasting points and marks every day to deal with changes in activities. If someone attempts to participate in all 4 aspects that I mentioned the 'compromise' selection will make them close to worthless. And last time I read a history book, most large warships had many more then one officer and in most cases of the 4 aspects would have at least 3 of them at any given time on any ship. So before accusing me of being greedy consider that I am trying to make things more balanced so that new players do not get overwhelmed with grinding marks so that they are not at a massive disadvantage simply because they can not earn 100 marks in a single mission (which by the way, a solo rear admiral mission generates about 30 marks so if you're able to crank out 100 then you are either with friends or running a M-Brig)

On 9/23/2017 at 11:28 AM, Thonys said:

ho folks @admin

for the single player in this game 

who has for some reason, not a clan

gets at a point where he must build his own ship

atm we have 5 slots, but those slots are not the same slots we had over 2 years

in the meantime we have the (shipyard whats a single player needs)but/ and workshop introduced (clan-based players don't need a shipyard)

the single player is left with 3 slots 

what is too short for building his ship

the clan-based player who builds his ship at the clan shipbuilder has 4-5 slots left

what means the clan-based player is in advantage 

and the single player haS A handicap for being on his own (3 vs 5 slots)

So i think it is a good thing to put 2 extra slots in for shipbuilding materials 

because the single player has  not only a handicap but can't even build his ship if he is not in the right area

I am a single player, I am not part of a guild or a clan.

I have managed to build most of my ships, I have a Trincomalee, Indefatigable, LGV, Prince, Lynx, Trader Snow, Snow, Cerberus. 

I built everything but the Indefatigable which was captured, and the LGV, which was built for me but I supplied all of the materials.

I can easily crank out a ship every other day without to much effort.  Just a lot of boring sailing to get materials. 

On 23/09/2017 at 12:58 PM, Thonys said:

@admin That

means the clan-based player is in advantage 

and the single player haS A handicap for being on his own (3 vs 5 slots)

On 24/09/2017 at 3:47 AM, Aegir said:

Gotta agree,. Seems reasonable that co-operating can include extra advantage mechanics in an MMO.

But good post.  It includes great ideas about tactics for single players.

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

Gotta agree,. Seems reasonable that co-operating can include extra advantage mechanics in an MMO.

But good post.  It includes great ideas about tactics for single players.

indeed

but what i noticed was that the singleplayer what is mostly also a nooby player does not know this, and becomes disoriented about the tactic to follow (some do not even know there is a trader tool to use and do not even know there are third-party sites, he can look for)

On 9/23/2017 at 2:58 PM, Shrez said:

Use the prices from Skullys Post:

Skullys List

If you need Iron ore as an an example, put an buy order for Iron Ore and price 240 <- the EU Traider price, now you get your buy orders instant fulfilled.

You can get whatever quantity you want.

But you can only buy things the Port Produces.. at those prices under contract.. It fills as soon as you do it though.. WHen you need it and money is not an issue.(which it currently isnt after a day or two playing)

15 hours ago, Thonys said:

indeed

but what i noticed was that the singleplayer what is mostly also a nooby player does not know this, and becomes disoriented about the tactic to follow (some do not even know there is a trader tool to use and do not even know there are third-party sites, he can look for)

Good point.  That makes sense, lots to learn and discover from other players or snooping around on line.

The game offers content that is revealed in time.  It's really not the type of experience where players are instantly proficient.  It provides a wee bit of a challenge.