Game-Labs Forum

Free port of Viques

Gysendorf

7 hours ago, Bearwall said:

lol I was refering to the free ports.. But yeah I can't imagine the three or five RDNN players that are normally online being any threat to anyone..

It is no surprise that activity in DNP goes up when there is only PvE and ganking to do in the game, whereas the numbers go down in RDNN when RvR and PvP is dead. But don't worry. If the game caught life again or actual clan wars happened, we'd have a much easier time retaining people now that we can control who enters port battles and we also don't have to give up our slots to DNP through affirmative action.

34 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

That only happened in the later stages. They bought the monopoly off the state and used it to great succes (and suffering) for a long time.

To some extent, the development of the VOC is different from the rest of europes, partly because it's the first of its kind but mostly due to the decentralised nature of the dutch provinces with an unusually capital strong citizenship. The point - that they bought the monopoly is however due to a graduation, they leased the monopoly and as I have written before dutch foreign policies became very much embroiled in the tradepolicies of the VOC.

Just now, Anolytic said:

It is no surprise that activity in DNP goes up when there is only PvE and ganking to do in the game, whereas the numbers go down in RDNN when RvR and PvP is dead. But don't worry. If the game caught life again or actual clan wars happened, we'd have a much easier time retaining people now that we can control who enters port battles and we also don't have to give up our slots to DNP through affirmative action.

I rarely do PvE, but then again how would you know I rarely see you ingame.. 

27 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I don't dispute that. But mercantilism is an economic policy and no public economy. All economic decissions and the risks and profit remained at the private players. To transfer public dutys to the private sector didn't turn the private sector into public sector but public duty into privately executed duty. The reason was that the state did neither have the capacities nor the knowledge to execute complexe public administration in colonies far away from home. The complex public administration of today is mainly a child of the 20th century, to organize the growing challenges of an advanced industrial society.

That's why responsibility of clans for ports is no tool, which doesn't have an example in history, how you claimed.

This is simply not true. The state needed private expertise but the capital needs of the colonies and their demands in goods and serfs meant that the state was not only partaking in the ventures but the driving factors behind them. The mercantilistic idea is basically to harness and extract the private interests in the interests of the state.

Just now, Graf Bernadotte said:

Well Anolytic is running our Danish-Norvegian West India Company. As an international businessman he has no time to sit in front of CS for fishing :D

lol oh right.. And I rarely venture more than five minutes away from CS.. I forgot about that :)

3 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I rarely do PvE, but then again how would you know I rarely see you ingame.. 

I barely see you with my main either. I guess we spend our time on different ends of the map. Every now and again I see you when I sail an alt near one of the capitals.

24 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Also in our days the state is the driving factor behind economy. It sets the rules and strenghens location factors. That's called economic policy. It's no state economy. Same thing at early capitalism. The state needed tax income mainly to finance armed forces. It needed supply for the army and the arms. But the state didn't become a producer or a merchant with some exceptions. It was a capitalistic system and no states economy.

Those two simply cannot be compared... You sir... Need to read a book..

12 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Maybe you're a communist and prefer the idea that everything is public from the very beginning. Then I can't convince you from the opposite anyway. Since your faith replaces your knowledge in that case.

wow.. Again... read a book mate, most would learn from it..

19 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Christian VII was mad. That's why I like him.

You know, there used to be a couple of players in the Danish nation that would spend a lot of their time to talk to and listen to each and every clan in the Nation and try to take all of their concerns into consideration. I think that they could have sorted this situation out in a heartbeat by talking to the different parties and mediate between clans. They never claimed any official status though and they never claimed to represent anybody that didn't give their express consent to be represented. 

The only message from RDNN was: "every clan can make what they want" As we reacted and stated in the nation channel what we plan to do we got from an RDNN member the message our behaviour is unpatriotic. Thats double standard for us and now writing you could have had mediated the situation is implausible because why didnt RDNN mentioned this in the beginning or when we stated to make VQ as free port as reaction to Guayama? Definitly the situation had not arise to the actual state.

8 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I confess RDNN and RUS would have solved this problem with talks like Anolytic described. But the game mechanic changed and you shouted too loud that we decide too many things without asking for your approval. Now it's up to you to find a solution. Go ahead.

A cheap  self-serfing declaration, as I mentioned above as you talked to us the repeated statement was "every clan can do what they want" - no mention "we try to talk to them" or "we dont like the situation either".  We felt let alone by RDNN. Even if I repeat myself, as we announced our step we got from a RDNN member the statement  "we are unpatriotic" - so BF can do what they want and if we does the same than thats unpatriotic.

But throwing dirt against us wont help and let see if the statements of Graf Bernadotte and Anolytic aren't self-serfing declaration, maybe they can convince BF to stop Guayama as free port, RTS will follow as described.

I make the following proposal if RDNN can convience BF to stop this roque behaviour in Guayama I will apologize in this thread and in the nation chat for the "self-serfing declaration" statement against Anolytic and Graf Bernadotte.

4 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Exactly. Game mechanic gives BF the right to do what they want with their port. If you want to change their mind, you have to convince them. In the past it was Anolytic and North who mostly did that job. The thank was that they were blamed to dictate everything. Now a new star has risen on the horizon. The great LarsKjaer rescues Danemark-Norge from it's internal enemies.

Tell him to solve the problem.

Or do you prefer that Anolytic and North should take care on the needs of the country again? Then tell LarsKjaer to shut up.

I can't recall ever having laid claim to be "the rising star". And only the weak asks for something. Especially if it's for me to shut up little man..

Beg you pardon but wasn't it @Graf Bernadotte and @Anolytic who claimed here they can solve the problem? So why you didnt do that and why you didnt tell us that you do this when we talked in TS?

Imho there are two reasons:

1. Your allegation is not true, you convince BF but want to look mightier than you are.
  2. Your allegation is true, but you never planed to do this and let arise this crises. With your answers here you try to heat it up.

For the record RTS stepped aside and let RDNN the port battle slot, in the past RTS counter grinded hostility in region where other clans dont wanted to be (before the mega patch, e.g. Georgia or La Vega region) RTS sailed most time in the screening fleets when RDNN had their glorious port battles. The rest should be discussed in TS and not in the forum

• Like 2

The question for clanwars is the most idiot question i´ve read in this thread. If you want to fight a clan an you can not, yust join pirates and fight what ever you want.

The solution of the available for all ports ist easy. If a port is available for all, it also is flipable for all.  It is easy to implemate to the game and the hole diskussion ends at that point. End of diskussion, have a nice day.

18 hours ago, Anolytic said:

But don't worry. If the game caught life again or actual clan wars happened, we'd have a much easier time retaining people now that we can control who enters port battles and we also don't have to give up our slots to DNP through affirmative action.

It is easy for you to do that allready now - join pirates - Nobody needs national Clanwars and nobody wants them - exept of.... moment... YOU - So take your friend Captain Revers an join Pirates. Bye

Edited by Dirk der Rote

11 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Guess this is your personal opinion and no official statement of RTS.

It is an inofficial opinion of a couple of players in the hole nation - lieber Freund, oder wie ein altes Sprichwort sagen würde Anolytic und RDNN habe den Bogen erheblich überspannt. Gysendorf ist much more diplomatical than me, for true.

Does this mean that the Danes are now in a state of "civil war".... 

9 minutes ago, monk33y said:

the inofficial civil war started allready before this crises - at least the game mechanics prevent us from that chaos. But Graf Bernadote an Anloytic are calling for exact that mechanics, that would make a cold war to a hot war, by calling for national Clan wars. In my opinion Players who want that can allready join Pirates. National Players shall stay on a more diplomatical ground. But RDNN left that in the moment claimed themselfs the Godfathers of the danish Nation, weeks ago.

Edited by Dirk der Rote

All calm down please. The thread is started about Guayama not about Lars Kjaer if you have problem with Lars go to the thread you have made about DNP and flame each other there. Here it is about the sabotage of the BF clan against the danish nation. Dont throw smoke grenades and distract from the main problem.

1 minute ago, Dirk der Rote said:

the inofficial civil war started allready before this crises - at least the game mechanics prevent us from that choas. But Graf Bernadote an Anloytic are calling for exact that mechanics, that would make a cold war to a hot war, by calling for national Clan wars. In my opinion Players who want that can allready join Pirates. National Players shall stay on a more diplomatical ground. But RDNN left that in the moment claimed themselfs the Godfathers of the danish Nation, weeks ago.

Ruhig Brauner! Es geht um Guayama alles andere sollten man hier aussen vor lassen

10 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

It's no sabotage it's a different opinion BF has in matter of free ports. And no, you can't stay neutral in the question who should rule the country as long as you ask for Anolytic and North to do it while your buddy blames them for. If you ask for their help they can ask for your loyality in that matter.

Ma kann net d Batze uns Weckle ha. (one cannot have the money and the roll)

You're talk like an idiot Graf. I have never asked, sought or demanded to "rule the nation". I only object to a clan that has 5 active members and does nothing for the safety of danish waters claiming the right to lead. If anyone wants to lead - they should prove themselves worthy to do so. Only the weak-willed or feebleminded asks for the right to do so or expects it to be magically bestowed upon them.

If RDNN or RUS wants to lead - then by all means lead. Their own clans. My clan will go wherever it's members decide to and we have both the strenght, the numbers and the illness of the mind to do so.

3 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

This time it would have been up to you to read. The posts of Gysendorf. He claims very clearly for lead in the Danish nation to solve his problem. And he asks for Anolytic, RDNN and RUS to act.

If you don't wanna lead the nation, and question the lead of RDNN and RUS at the same time then it's your fault that things are running out of control in the opinion of a lot of people. They want someone to solve their problem. You don't want that we do the job. That's why RDNN and RUS didn't act so far.

From my point of view things are neatly under control. Guyama is a noisance - not a catastrophe.. Who all these people are that have an adverse opinion I have no idea.. Perhaps it's the RDNN guys that are losing their ships.. How it could be my fault however that BF made the port available for all I fail to realise.  What exactly RDNN would do about it besides giving in to blackmail I fail to see as well.. Why RDNN are so affected by me questioning their "leadership" is beyond me as well - I have never told them what to do, and I see no reason why someone who finds it so difficult to honour their deals should be dictating how I honour mine. Only the weak cares for how others perceive them.