Game-Labs Forum

Bring back Paint

Is there any discussion among the Devs to bring back ship paint in some form? Really would make players happy and not break the game at all.

You could even make a paint for ship wrecks so players can make their ships look old and weathered. There are so many possibilities to paint that will make players happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:
4 minutes ago, Reorx Redbeard said:

please do not make this a pay to win game. 

Are you one of those ricers who believe paint makes things go faster?

The red ones make you go faster, the black ones make your enemy flee away and the pink ones make them cuddle up to you.

So yeah, paint is definitely pay 2 win. :lol:

• Like 3

I would like to see some personalized captains pennant or clan flag on one of the masts. 

I just hope that NA doesn't end up looking like PoTBS, with painted sails in weird colours. I like the historical immersion, but I can see how some people would want to make the ships more personalized. Maybe a good compromise would be to focus the customization on the hull and leave the sails more or less white, as all big ships in the relevant time period had white sails. 

There are a lot of games that let you play as a disney-pirate on a ghostly-looking "Queen Anne's Revenge", but fewer that scratches that historical itch. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

paints will come back. we just have not yet decided how but they will definitely be back by release. 

Should only be available to rear admirals. 

Should only have the paint box opened on a fully unlocked ship. 

Should be equal to the cost of the ship it goes on

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, admin said:

paints will come back. we just have not yet decided how but they will definitely be back by release. 

The problem is you completely removed it without a replacement and it's been a while.  I hear a lot of folks would like the back so we don't have a bunch of bland ships that look exactly like each other.  Why don't we bring back the old system until you come up with something new?   Here are some suggestions how to do that.

1) Paint Chest added to the global ship wreck loot. I been getting a note and a mod/refit any more, was the refit and BP taken out cause I don't get those any more.  Though would be nice to get a for sure Paint Chest in the loot.

2) Add it to random loot you get in normal ship wrecks.  I hate to say it a lot of us have stop grabbing wrecks cause we aren't even getting the random labor contract or mods.  I call it my bad RNG luck, but the last few wrecks I only gotten gold and silver coins and maybe some raw mats.  Not even worth the hunt unless I was passing it.

3) Rewards for a mission....could be PvP 10 player kills and you turn the mission in and get a Paint Chest.   Do the same for PvE and make it 100 kills though.  

I heard that the new paints might be something like the Ships Knowledge where once you learn it you know it for that ship type. I like that concept, but until you put something like that in game please bring back just normal paints for us.