Game-Labs Forum

Cheating impossible build types for ships

Hello .. a friend of mine has just captured a ship from a pirate player near mortimer town only to find out that it's mad of 3 kinds of woods!!! and crafted by no-one

i feel that having a ship made of a certain frame type and 2 different plankings which gives you advantages from both is cheating... and before you say it's just a display bug .. i've done the calculations .. both plankins are in effect

this is not the first time we see this on pirate ships .. but now we have proof (attached bellow) 

i will provide more information - screenshots on request

2 plankings.png

Edited by John Sheppard

36 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

i'm afraid that is NOT the case coz the redeemable indef is live/white oak .. and this is clearely teak.. so it's not a redeemable :)

Looking at the stats it's a UI bug is all bud 

7 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Here we go again! Blame pirates as cheats!

Come on admins when will you stamp down on players who claim "that pirates a cheat....blah blah blah"

No offense but what do you expect there are multiple players/groups within the pirate nation who will do what ever it takes to win. As well as some other players/groups in other nations might I add but the pirates get caught the most.

not that I agree with tar'ing every person with the same brush. But once a nation has a reputation you are never gonna shake it even though a lot of you don't deserve it, 

so if I was in your shoes I'd just take it on the chin unless they accuse you personally 

• Like 1

May I ask you a question? When you see a Danish player, do you straight away think, the users ship has been duped? Or oh look that Danish clan captured a port, I wonder what in game mechanics they abused to capture it? (sorry Danes just using you past indigestions to proove a point)

What I'm suggesting is report bugs by all means but without any evidence don't accuse players of cheating on a hunch.

Also most of those pirates have quit this struggling game....

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

Looking at the stats it's a UI bug is all bud 

No offense but what do you expect there are multiple players/groups within the pirate nation who will do what ever it takes to win. As well as some other players/groups in other nations might I add but the pirates get caught the most.

not that I agree with tar'ing every person with the same brush. But once a nation has a reputation you are never gonna shake it even though a lot of you don't deserve it, 

so if I was in your shoes I'd just take it on the chin unless they accuse you personally 

it's not an UI bug .. i've calculated the value and it's consistent with both teak AND white oak planking active it has both bonuses merged

10 minutes ago, monk33y said:

May I ask you a question? When you see a Danish player do you straight away think the users ship has been duped?

What I'm suggesting is report bugs by all means but without any evidence don't accuse players of cheating on a hunch.

I know what you are getting at and agree with you it's not fair, 

but once a group or in this case a nation gets a reputation due to certain people you will all get the same reputation and most of you don't deserve it.

It's human nature bud one bad egg ruins the entire batch, it's not right but I bet at some point you are also guilty of this mindset at some point in your life. 

Look at the world right now a good portion of people hear a certain faith and instantly think ill of them. It's no different from this situation

All im saying is don't get so frustrated you are only working your self up if you play clean then keep you head held high you've done the right thing. I do commend you for standing up and saying not all pirates are cheats I know a few and fight against them and have huge respect for them but the minority always have the smallest voices 

2 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

it's not an UI bug .. i've calculated the value and it's consistent with both teak AND white oak planking active it has both bonuses merged

I'm on my phone know we're near a computer will have to take your word for it.

I would still say it's just a bug and the player got lucky shame on him for not reporting it but wouldn't mater if he was a rat or national the majority would not say anything tbh

Edited by Rebrall

20 minutes ago, monk33y said:

May I ask you a question? When you see a Danish player, do you straight away think, the users ship has been duped? Or oh look that Danish clan captured a port, I wonder what in game mechanics they abused to capture it? (sorry Danes just using you past indigestions to proove a point)

Did i say that all pirates are cheating? i don't think so.. but as this was captured from a pirates player i'm pretty sure i'm in my rights to point that out .. 

this is not the first time...  there is obviusly a way to get those kind of ships .. and i want it investigated .. is that bad? can't hurt to have the devs look at it if everything is in order :) but if everything is NOT in order it will hurt quite a lot of ppl ;)

F11 has already been done repeatedly

Captains, this is not a cheat or exploit and not a tribunal case.

The problem caused by new ship redeemable feature - when you choose frames and planking by yourself. It affects ships that were provided via redeemables and were not activated before the unity 5 patch (example - post wipe head start ships).

As you see on the screenshot, the ship is Teak / Teak (player choose) but also have white oak planking as originally it was provided as live oak frames / white oak planking

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John Sheppard said:

excuse me but this ship was captured from a PIRATE player.. hard not to blame him ;)

Claiming someone is a cheater is a serious accusation and captains must avoid making such statements if they have no proof and are not sure. Such claims can ruin reputation of a good honest player and if this happens a person claiming someone is a cheater willy nilly without proof might get punished himself. You should always ask the claim as a question if you are not sure - avoid blaming players or nations if you are really not sure what it is. 

Ship notes were random in the past and provided interesting combinations from time to time.
Keep this ship - it might get very expensive in the future (if the planking combo is good).

Edited by admin
  • Like 9