Game-Labs Forum

Politics and PBs (Patch 11/12 - "Clan Wars")

Teutonic

58 minutes ago, Christendom said:

100 people joining the server isn't going to tip the balance.  GB and US don't fight each other on global and they don't fight each other on EU.  I fail to see the difference really.  GB will receive a boost in population that does nothing but grind empty ports and fleets....maybe a handful of OW pvpers.  US will receive a much needed boost of players and more importantly some players that like to OW pvp.  Sounds like the US is kinda dead anyway, more players regardless of the time zone is better for the nation.  

EU is just as divisive and salty as it ever was back when I was here full time.  Instead of everyone being upset with the Americans now you're all upset with each other.  Salt never changes.  Instead of 2 power blocks that were more or less equal back then, not there is really only 1 major power that wins every port battle and a lot of smaller fish.  

To all the naysayers, the parameters of the current merge are different than the last time we were all in the same pond.  Clans control ports.  BR has made PBs more accessible to even the smallest of groups and more importantly there is no alliance system.  The variables of the equation are different than last time and the outcome will be different.  Frankly it's disappointing to see so many negative folks get their panties in a twist about ports and pixels that don't matter and will be wiped before release.

Chillax people, it's just a game.

It's prob more than 100, but than again there is more than 400-500 people on EU too.  Folks forget that 100-500 players you see at one time isn't all the players.  That is just who is currently logged on. If you actually do the math for the whole day your looking at like that 100 players is actually 500 players.  That 400-500 is 1-2K players over the whole day.  EU is still going to have the largest pop during EU prime time. If not than that just shows how many folks prefer a global server and one server for all.  If suddenly US Prime time gets more numbers than EU that tells you something.  Though I don't see that happening. I just see those numbers going up for all time zones with more players playing.

As for the nations yah by what I heard so far US needs the boost and they can have them.  We prob won't even worry about those guys unless they get in the way.  GB being the biggest nation it sounds like it and with the most time zones than it would be who we would more than likely face to fight.  Since some of the EASTERN BLOCK nations are EU time only than there is no reason for us to even worry about that side of the map.  We will just fight nations that have players in our time zones cause we really don't want boring empty port battles no more than any one else.  Cause of that is why we have stated we don't plan to join US or GB as they will prob have the most other US/AUS players in those nations.  So many of us are looking for another option or more than one to pick.

Again I want to thank those from EU coming over here and letting us get some info about the Nations and Politics. Please feel free to add more info and even if you want to recruit folks put down a post doing such.  Lets try to make the best out of this.

1 hour ago, Cabral said:

Many things you say are incorrect.

So GB on eu doesn't just attack AI ports?? You don't just do pve missions all day??gb doesn't loose 20millipn a week in tax?? You don't run from fights?? You don't just pve on the greenzone?? Gb didn't beg Sverige for an alliance?? Gb didn't ask Sverige to screen for them against Spanish and russian attacks...!!

Edited by monk33y

3 minutes ago, monk33y said:

So GB on eu doesn't just attack AI ports?? You don't just do pve missions all day??gb doesn't loose 20millipn a week in tax?? You don't run from fights?? You don't just pve on the greenzone?? Gb didn't beg Sverige for an alliance?? Gb didn't ask Sverige to screen for them against Spanish and russian attacks...!!

You just proved my point, thank you.

tip: if you want to gather correct informations, start playing the game instead of trolling all day on the forum.

Edited by Cabral
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, monk33y said:

think not true

you can find information about the latest activity of the fleets of the British Empire in Mishka's records :)

some of them

Edited by qw569

58 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Nah we dont. I have several videos where REDS run like rabbits from EXILE, i can upload them on YT if you want. We kicked your ass few days ago at KPR ;). Dont throw all Brits in one bag.

Ur ballzy when you sail in group of 25 in your cartagena navy structure 97 mm armour ships that your enemy cant field in that numbers, but in semi equal fight you don't shine in tactic or fleet cooperation, we saw that in your battles vs sweden or pirate. So stop pretending ur pro because you are not, it's just brits that are mainly even worse.

12vs7 lol

We had a 6vs6 and you guys from Exile runing away

23 hours ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

That is the source of my scepticism. I don't think the big Global carebears are going to give up their friendship that easily. Even if they are the strongest. And that will trigger the "I join the strongest because i don't want to lose" crowd, and that makes it even harder. I think this merger will ruin PVP EU/Carribean. I hope I get proven wrong. I really do.

You are already seeing that.  With the Pirates having been the top dogs on global since the wipe, instead of bolstering a weak EU Pirate nation, they are shopping for something stronger for a more sure win.

And don't confuse "ruin" for change.  Yes, it will change.  Ruin is up to the players.  But I highly doubt that he merge will be 1+1=3.  It will probably be 1+1=1.3.  The reasons for declining population is not fixed in the merge.  Trade missions are not fixed.  Raids are not being put in.  Server events are nonexistent.  Player progression is not improved.  About the only change since Hardmode has been safezones and port based RvR.  Both good, but not nearly enough.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

You are already seeing that.  With the Pirates having been the top dogs on global since the wipe, instead of bolstering a weak EU Pirate nation, they are shopping for something stronger for a more sure win.

And don't confuse "ruin" for change.  Yes, it will change.  Ruin is up to the players.  But I highly doubt that he merge will be 1+1=3.  It will probably be 1+1=1.3.  The reasons for declining population is not fixed in the merge.  Trade missions are not fixed.  Raids are not being put in.  Server events are nonexistent.  Player progression is not improved.  About the only change since Hardmode has been safezones and port based RvR.  Both good, but not nearly enough.

you seem to be "kindly" forgetting about another group that's doing the exact same "shopping" for a stronger win ;).

but past your bias currently there is a really nice balance of groups going into different nations from those I have talked to. Also, many of these players have stated they want to engage other US based players as well as forging new relationships with the EU crowd.

No one here wants to see a shitty demise and start a toxic nightflip war, so lets start on the right foot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

you seem to be "kindly" forgetting about another group that's doing the exact same "shopping" for a stronger win ;).

but past your bias currently there is a really nice balance of groups going into different nations from those I have talked to. Also, many of these players have stated they want to engage other US based players as well as forging new relationships with the EU crowd.

No one here wants to see a shitty demise and start a toxic nightflip war, so lets start on the right foot.

While I haven't heard much about the US nation I have a guess about one clan's plans.   Though I have head GB is pretty much splitting and going GB and France.  I actually been hearing a lot more folks going France for my taste so I started to shop other places for where I will be going and or other clan mates too.   As for pirates.  Well most of us believe there is no point in playing pirates until there is mechanics for pirates and they aren't just another bastard nation.  So we might as well seek a nation that can use a good mix of US/SEA/AUS players in there ranks.  I'm looking at nations that allow me to fight other US/SEA players while I can prob make weekend battles in EU prime time too.

And yes some die hard Pirates from Global plan to stay pirate too, so lets not just count them out.  Not to mention I plan to keep my EU Pirate that I have played off and on as Pirate no matter what the other nation I pick to put my chars into.   He's my break away from norm char when I don't want to do things with my clan or others.

• Like 2

To my knowledge the spread of global/us players is going to considerably better than it was prior to the split and east vs western alliances days.  

GB and US already have multi time zone communities, albeit diminished from what they were.  Both will receive players from global.  Probably more to the US, which is needed there.  

France will receive a decent about of players that have already committed going there.  

Russia will also receive a decent amount. 

Pirates will see some as well. 

Dutch will most likely see their population increase, though not as much.  

Sweden (thanks partly to rediii) will most likely see very few.  Same with Spain, Poland and Prussia.

If the chinese and aussie cans can handle the connection, D-K will most likely get a decent boost as well. 

----------

Of course everyone will now have a bunch of forged papers so the populations will become more fluid......but for the time being the spread will be better than some anticipate.  I anticipate 4 decent sized blocks of US time zone players in said nations that will liven up the server a bit.  However knowing King of Crowns he'll prolly try to ally 3 of them up against VCO again because we're just too damned handsome. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

To my knowledge the spread of global/us players is going to considerably better than it was prior to the split and east vs western alliances days.  

GB and US already have multi time zone communities, albeit diminished from what they were.  Both will receive players from global.  Probably more to the US, which is needed there.  

France will receive a decent about of players that have already committed going there.  

Russia will also receive a decent amount. 

Pirates will see some as well. 

Dutch will most likely see their population increase, though not as much.  

Sweden (thanks partly to rediii) will most likely see very few.  Same with Spain, Poland and Prussia.

If the chinese and aussie cans can handle the connection, D-K will most likely get a decent boost as well. 

----------

Of course everyone will now have a bunch of forged papers so the populations will become more fluid......but for the time being the spread will be better than some anticipate.  I anticipate 4 decent sized blocks of US time zone players in said nations that will liven up the server a bit.  However knowing King of Crowns he'll prolly try to ally 3 of them up against VCO again because we're just too damned handsome. 

This post actually calmes my nerves significantly.

• Like 2

With the merge of the servers upon us, I wish a final farewell to the PVP Global Server! Or, as it was known when I was a newbie, "PVP 2."

To all I have sailed with, sailed against, and to the select few with which I have done both - good luck in your future endeavors!

We had fun on PVP Global and I hope we will have even more in "the Caribbean!"

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

With the merge of the servers upon us, I wish a final farewell to the PVP Global Server! Or, as it was known when I was a newbie, "PVP 2."

To all I have sailed with, sailed against, and to the select few with which I have done both - good luck in your future endeavors!

We had fun on PVP Global and I hope we will have even more in "the Caribbean!"

Same. From the small little start in sweden early 2016, to the late 2017 pvp fights. All the complaints inbetween, I still enjoyed this game.