Game-Labs Forum

Politics and PBs (Patch 11/12 - "Clan Wars")

Teutonic

Nassau - 2500 BR

Pirates Successfully Defend vs USA

416C15AAAF77FA8955DD42598BB79DF694DBB9E2

Good day all,

It was my pleasure and duty to command the Nassau port battle on Dec 2, 2017 00:00 server time. This was a relatively short action (~42min), wherein the Pirates won on circle capture points and enemies sunk. Screening actions outside tied up large numbers of the American fleet; 2-3 USA were sunk, and many more were greatly delayed in their entrance to the port battle.

The wind was blowing towards the South. USA joined their main fleet near circle B north of the fort, with a few ships to the east of Nassau who were attempting to capture C. The Pirate main fleet joined as close to circle B as possible, south of the fort and USA fleet. A small squad led by Willis was dispatched to confront the Americans at circle C, and a few ships were left to capture circle A.

The Americans had excellent wind advantage at the beginning, so I commanded the pirate fleet to begin tacking upwind towards the fort. The Americans beelined for circle B, with their mortar brig set up to bombard the fort. Once the Pirates gained a similar wind position to the American fleet, I ordered the Pirate fleet to engage the rearmost of their line, successfully cutting off 3 ships. One of these was sunk fairly quickly, and the American fleet turned back to respond.

However, two more Americans were eventually sunk with no Pirate losses, breaking the morale of the USA fleet. They began to retreat away as rapidly as possible, hoping for the battle to conclude before their ships were sunk or captured.

Several ships of the American fleet were also caught outside the battle as they attempted to flee, although I do not have a casualty report.

• Like 6

Blondel Cay - 1250 BR

Pirates Successfully Attack vs Great Britain

A9D4FD36BE7B894637BB466785BF25575CD19E77

Good evening all,

It was pleasure and duty to participate in the port battle for Blondel Cay on Dec 3, 2017 02:00 server time. Pirates won the day with superior numbers, and worked to ensure the sinking of the majority of the British fleet.

Pirates deployed their main fleet west of Blondel Cay, with a few outlying ships prepared to capture the outer circles. British defenders deployed in one large bloc between their home circle of A and the main Pirate fleet. Pirates ultimately captured two of the circles.

The battle was fairly straightforward; both fleets met in and around circle A, with the Pirates attempting to give wide berth to the defending fort. A large brawl ensued, concluding with the pursuit and destruction of the British fleet.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and fighting!

• Like 2

Islamorada - 4800 BR

Pirates Successfully Defend vs French

BCB5EE649B46D049752E6305A828C041592E8DFC

The Battle in Brief - Pirates defended the port via circle control, with limited but fierce fighting by the light squadrons on both sides. One mortar brig was sunk on the French side.

Good evening all,

It was my honor to command the the port battle for Islamorada on December 6th at 05:08 server time.

Pirates deployed their main squadron as westward as possible, in order to take their best wind position. The French main squadron deployed southwest of the Pirates and circle C (west), taking the wind advantage. Both sides deployed their "light" ships to circle B (east); the Pirates sending two Wasas, the French sending a Mortar Brig and a St. Pavel.

Combat between the main groups was largely done at range. The Pirates approached the attackers by beating into the wind, but the French fleet declined to engage, instead proceeding downwind to capture circle C and onward to circle A (middle). Circle C was quickly un-captured and the pirate fleet pursued, leading to a long range running battle. During this time, the Pirate light squadron had sunk the Mortar Brig and succeeded in driving away the St. Pavel, ensuring the defender's hold on circle B.

In terms of ships sunk the battle was inconclusive; in terms of maneuvering the defenders solidly had the advantage. With points accumulating, both main squadrons engaged in a brawl, but no ships were sunk.

• Like 8

Islamorada - 4800 BR
French Successfully Attack vs Pirates

5CE59ABA134A3FC1457623AA800F60A6E57F0A40
The Battle in Brief - French forces win the battle on points by sinking defending ships and forts. One Wasa was sunk on the attacking side, and the majority of the defending fleet was sunk.

Good evening all,

It was my duty and pleasure to participate in the Defense of Islamorada on Dec 10th, 2017 server time.

Pirates deployed their main squadron eastward, set opposite to the French main squadron further to the east. One defending Wasa was left to capture the home circle, and the other Wasa plus one Victory were deployed to the west circle to combat the French light squadron of two Wasas and one Mortar Brig.

Fighting between the main squadrons was immediate and decisive; the main fleets sailed straight into one another, with many broadsides being exchanged. During this clash, a few defenders were heavily damaged and unable to defend themselves, snowballing quickly into a very solid advantage to the French.

The light squadrons were meanwhile engaged in a game of cat-and-mouse, with the two French Wasas attempting to sink the Pirate Wasa while keeping themselves safe from the Victory, with only limited success. The defending Victory was able to board one of the attacking Wasas, scoring the only kill for the defense force.

This was an interesting fight since the Devs had changed the sail and speed physics the night before, and some captains were perhaps not fully prepared.

• Like 2

Look to the past, the old eu servers history tells the newcomers alot about the future.

GB- only fights AI, only fights defensive pbs. (HUGE population/war shy/pve nation/large internal Conflict)

Spain- openly aggressive to gb. (small population/war happy/pvp nation)

Sverige- openly aggressive once attacked (big rvr population/pvp nation/war happy)

Dutch - pve nation (low population/war shy)

Danes- openly aggressive, will attack anyone, anywhere (medium population/war happy/pvp nation)

French- defensive nation, aggressive towards the sweeds (memories of being one ported are still raw) (small population/pvp nation/war happy nation/internal state of civil war)

USA- pve nation (abandons ports instead of fighting) (tiny population/very war shy/pve nation)

Polish- small but fiesty (small population/war happy/pvp nation)

Pirates- pvp nation (medium population/pvp nation/war happy)

Prussian- small but fiesty (small population/war shy/pvp nation)

Russian empire- small but fiesty, keeps attacking nations that are triple it's size (small population/very war happy/pvp nation)

All nation's speak all languages.

All nation's already have players from all timezones across the world..

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, monk33y said:

#for those captains who want a snapshot of the currant state of the nations on the old eu server.

Look to the past, the old eu servers history tells the newcomers alot about the future.

GB- only fights AI, only fights defensive pbs. (HUGE population/war shy/pve nation/large internal Conflict)

Spain- openly aggressive to gb. (war happy/pvp nation)

Sverige- openly aggressive once attacked (big rvr population/pvp nation/war happy)

Dutch - pve nation (low population/war shy)

Danes- openly aggressive, will attack anyone, anywhere (medium population/war happy/pvp nation)

French- defensive nation, aggressive towards the sweeds (memories of being one ported are still raw) (small population/pvp nation/war happy nation/internal state of civil war)

USA- pve nation (abandons ports instead of fighting) (tiny population/very war shy/pve nation)

Polish- small but fiesty (small population/war happy/pvp nation)

Pirates- pvp nation (medium population/pvp nation/war happy)

Prussian- small but fiesty (small population/war shy/pvp nation)

Russian empire- small but fiesty, keeps attacking nations that are triple it's size (small population/very war happy/pvp nation)

All nation's speak all languages.

All nation's already have players from all timezones across the world..

Thanks for the snapshot of the nations. I know a number of us pirate clans are looking into this all ready as we want to balance things. I know for sure we will not be going US or GB.   Funny things is US and GB sounds about the same as we have on GLOBAL kinda...lol

On a side note I think Pirates are going to have a GLOBAL meeting this weekend.  Maybe we should actually try to have a GLOBAL meeting for all that want to talk and work things out and make a better move when we do it.  We know some clans might be set in there ways, but others might want a change.  If anything has thought us anything if you let the grudges go you can work with each other.  Just look at me and @Christendom with VCO and BLACK was at each others throats and now we fight side by side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I wouldnt say france on EU server has a low population. It has far more players than the danish.

In fact danish has low pop but quite active and capable of fighting community.

My rank on rvr capabilities (quantity and quality, both considered) would be:

Sweden

Pirates/Rusia

Danes/Spain

GB/France

Poland 

Prussia/US/VP

What about alliances? @monk33y mention a bit about who is attacking who, but who are the big alliances.  One thing we don't want to do is what we have on GLOBAL with the SUPER ALLIANCE of US/GB/FR/DUTCH right vs Pirates or any one else.  Would be good info to know.

Just now, Intrepido said:

History will repear itself.

GB and Pirates will be again the most popular options. Followed probably by US and France.

Hate to tell you buddies, but in history other than the pirates those nations actually where the big dogs of this region.  Swedes and Danes had little influence other than a port or two and trade. I won't even mention the three new nations (Prussia owned one port for 4 years 100 years before the time line).   Dutch did have a big trade interest, but the point is some nations are going to be bigger than others no matter what and that is how the game is set up.  Still never understand why more players don't play Spain.  They start with a great location and number of ports. It's why I played Spain on POTBS over the other nations and we where the underdogs but won the map almost every time.

If your nation isn't big than keep to one region and only handle what you can.  Every nation can't and shouldn't be all over the map. It's actually a weakness that has hurt GB on Global and even US.  Why two much larger nations have been beaten down so much by a smaller more organized pirate Nation in the past.  Numbers don't mean crap if folks aren't willing to fight either.

now that's a tricky question to answer. 

I'll try from a 'Russian empire' prospective.

GB allied with France!!*updated thanks reddii

Danes allied with Dutch and French 

France allied with GB, Daines, Prussians and Dutch.

Spain - no allies

Russian empire - no allies 

Sverige - no allies (thank you for update reddii)

usa - no allies (abandons ports instead of fighting, learnt that from GB)

Polish - no allies

pirates allied with Sverige!

pirates allied with gb!

Nations at war

GB - Russain empire 

GB - Spain 

Russian empire - Sverige 

France - Sverige 

Danes - Polish

GB - AI ports

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, monk33y said:

now that's a tricky question to answer. 

I'll try from a 'Russian empire' prospective.

GB allied with France

Danes allied with Dutch and French 

France allied with GB, Daines, Prussians and Dutch.

Spain - no allies

Russian empire - no allies 

Sverige - no allies

usa - no allies (abandons ports instead of fighting, learnt that from GB)

Polish - no allies

pirates allied with Sverige!

pirates allied with gb!

Nations at war

GB - Russain empire 

GB - Spain 

Russian empire - Sverige 

France - Sverige 

Danes - Polish

GB - AI ports

Devs please, transfer this guy to Global Server and leave him there alone.

• Like 1

@Sir Texas Sir

The eu servers recent history goes abit like this.

Gb fight AI.

Pirates work for Sverige, openly allied 

Russian empire forms and attacks Sverige within 72 hrs. Takes big losses bit keeps coming back for more battles.

Sverige attacks gb, gb abandons 4 ports instead of fighting the Sverige threat.

Spain declares war on gb.

Sverige attacks France and Dutch. 

Russian empire claims Bermuda from usa who defend region.

Polish/Prussian attack AI to claim ports.

Russian empire captures Turneffe sailing From tombardo. After @Batman dared us to attack gb..

(Good to see that gb players are as hostile on global as there eu brothers)

Edited by monk33y

Interesting info gents and again want to thank ya'll for your input.  I suspect this merge will upset the current balance of things but maybe it will put it in the area's needed.  Like I said before I for one don't plan to go US and GB.  So we won't be helping zerg those nations with more population.  

6 hours ago, Intrepido said:

My bet is the following:

Taking into account the past, most global players are going to end in the nations which speaks english on the national chat.

So GB, US, Pirates and VP are going to be the end road for most of the players from Global.

At the begining you will use the forged papers to split among nations, but, as it happened with global server and pvp2 server, history will repeat itself a third time: Balance wont be achieved.

Don't forget that 50% of the russian empire speaks English (ex pirates/gb/Danes)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

lol ... and  you prove my point straight away  lol

Again I can only really speak for the russian empire. 

The Russian empire is made of 3-4 main clans. Most are Russain speaking including RUS (main high population clan), USSR, BETAP. REDS (main high population clan) is English speaking and has American and aussie, European speaking players

REDS and RUS (recently USSR) are the driving force behind the nation and it's activities. 

REDS attacked GB, capturing Turneffe Durring prime time EU attack window, against a gb force triple it's own strength. Captured George Town in the eu prime time, against a force double its own strength. REDS is a tight nit group of about 30 captains previously from gb(kings+royal)/pirates(SORRY+PLANB+SMOKE)/Danes(RUS+RDNN) + many more clans (sorry if iv forgotten your clans tag).

Russian nation chat is unsurprisingly mainly Russain. REDS clan chat is English. The Russian nation ts is half English and half Russain. (you can find sub channels for every language spoken)

If you are interested in hearing abit more about the Russain empire check out REDS recruitment thread in EU clans section.. 

I'd like to welcome all global server players back to the server with open arms... @Norfolk nChance good to have you back buddy 

Edited by monk33y
Spelling and auto correct on phone. I hate auto correct
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Intrepido said:

My bet is the following:

Taking into account the past, most global players are going to end in the nations which speaks english on the national chat.

So GB, US, Pirates and VP are going to be the end road for most of the players from Global.

At the begining you will use the forged papers to split among nations, but, as it happened with global server and pvp2 server, history will repeat itself a third time: Balance wont be achieved.

While I have to agree with you that your going to get an increase in numbers of the GB, US (sounds like they need it) and VP players there are a good number of us looking at going other nations.  Many of us are PvP/RvR guys so that will be a good thing.  As for Balance there wasn't an issue having two large nations on PvP2/Global, the balance part is when they carebear up and not fight each other.  The two largest nations on a server should not be at peace with one another.    Though a solution to this is that if GB gets to big than multi nations/clans need to bring it down a notch or two.  That goes with any nation out there.  Now we will have more nations with a higher pop to play with.  

If it works out than great, if it doesn't than it's an issue that the devs need to look at like maybe we have way to many nations.  There is a reason POTBS only had 4 nations (well three and pirates).  I honestly think we had to many before they added the three new ones. 

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As for Balance there wasn't an issue having two large nations on PvP2/Global, the balance part is when they carebear up and not fight each other.  The two largest nations on a server should not be at peace with one another.    Though a solution to this is that if GB gets to big than multi nations/clans need to bring it down a notch or two.  That goes with any nation out there.  Now we will have more nations with a higher pop to play with.

That is the source of my scepticism. I don't think the big Global carebears are going to give up their friendship that easily. Even if they are the strongest. And that will trigger the "I join the strongest because i don't want to lose" crowd, and that makes it even harder. I think this merger will ruin PVP EU/Carribean. I hope I get proven wrong. I really do.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

18 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

That is the source of my scepticism. I don't think the big Global carebears are going to give up their friendship that easily. Even if they are the strongest. And that will trigger the "I join the strongest because i don't want to lose" crowd, and that makes it even harder. I think this merger will ruin PVP EU/Carribean. I hope I get proven wrong. I really do.

100 people joining the server isn't going to tip the balance.  GB and US don't fight each other on global and they don't fight each other on EU.  I fail to see the difference really.  GB will receive a boost in population that does nothing but grind empty ports and fleets....maybe a handful of OW pvpers.  US will receive a much needed boost of players and more importantly some players that like to OW pvp.  Sounds like the US is kinda dead anyway, more players regardless of the time zone is better for the nation.  

EU is just as divisive and salty as it ever was back when I was here full time.  Instead of everyone being upset with the Americans now you're all upset with each other.  Salt never changes.  Instead of 2 power blocks that were more or less equal back then, not there is really only 1 major power that wins every port battle and a lot of smaller fish.  

To all the naysayers, the parameters of the current merge are different than the last time we were all in the same pond.  Clans control ports.  BR has made PBs more accessible to even the smallest of groups and more importantly there is no alliance system.  The variables of the equation are different than last time and the outcome will be different.  Frankly it's disappointing to see so many negative folks get their panties in a twist about ports and pixels that don't matter and will be wiped before release.

Chillax people, it's just a game.

• Like 7