Game-Labs Forum

L'Hermione

I haven't sailed the Hermione too much so far but looking at the stats and armament it looks like a poor mans / nerfed Santa Cecilia. Can the Hermione do anything better than the SC? Is it faster at some points? I would appreciate any opinions and experience on the Hermione regarding OW PvP.

The only real notable differences I see is the Hermione can carry 32pd carrons on her gun deck as apposed to the Cecilia's 24pds. Hermione also has a bit more mast thickness as well as being a touch faster.

Cecilia has 315 crew over the Hermiones 280, but also requires 130 sailing crew over the Hermiones 90. The Cecilia also has a marginally better turn rate by roughly .2 degrees.

As far as the POS chart idk where to find it but I assume they're both fairly similar. Overall i'd say both ships are competitive, neither one being necessarily worse than the other.

The Cecilia isn't up on the POS chart I'm using (Jodgi's), but isn't the SC most known for its upwind performance whereas the Hermione's performance is very run-of-the-mill?

5 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Yeah, it's quite the upwind monster iirc, hence i wondered if Hermione is better at other points but looking at ship balance in general... probably not.

That's why the Hermione bores me. It has nothing of note, best part about it is its paintjob.

Was looking forward to testing the Prince as a tagger and harasser- and learn how the hell to manual sail its hybrid rig - but with the ship inflation that is kicking off it's hopelessly weak.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Santa Cecilia is worse upwind than a Surprise. It has same side HP, same Sails HP, basically, Santa Cecilia is not any good anymore... My SC never leaves port.

Meh it has better thickness / mast thickness and bigger guns, better turnrate and from my experience it performed better upwind than the surprise. Oh and it has boobs

• Like 1