Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Port Battle Limit

8 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Maybe some players of the big pop nation should change to a weaker side. That would solve that problem and also would be healty for the server balance.

All nations have 3 port battles already, besides pirates. You might not see the issue, because of that Swedes = HRE and PFK, almost no other big clans. 2-3 huge clans. British nation has a similar player base but we have tons of small clans. 

Also, you guys worry about zerg issue and big nation problems, but right now we are taking only neutral ports. We need to retake the map. 

In British nation EAR, GNF and KBEAR flipped ports first. The other big and major clans have no PB, because we were too late to flip. (AHOY, BIG, CH, BCC, XCLAN)

Edited by Peter Goldman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

No, my friend, I do have arguments, you just don't want to hear them. And by the way, they are not even my arguments. I am just the only left talking with you while all the others with the same point of view went to bed or sailing or doing other more sense full stuff.... so ... bye then. Live long and prosper, have a nice time, cause what I wanted to be said is said to the people I wanted to address my thoughts, which means the Devs. Your derailing doesn't matter to me. Have a nice time.

"British nation has a similar player base but we have tons of small clans. "

That is your motivation. Nuff said.

2 minutes ago, Cortez said:

So. here we are :)

Want to change game mechanic because british nation has tons of small clans.

Go to hell. lol.

Nothing else to say :)

??? Do you advise us to all merge and create zerg clans? lol. Most nations have lots of small clans.

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

"British nation has a similar player base but we have tons of small clans. "

That is your motivation. Nuff said.

you dont seem to understand that the limit does not fit the new machanic. one of the two need to change and sice we like the clan hostility machanic then its the limit that needs to change. its simple

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

??? Do you advise us to all merge and create zerg clans? lol. Most nations have lots of small clans.

I am not here to advise you. I do not care about GB or you, or small clans.

There are another nations and another clans, with different problems.

When you create a topic where your ONLY concern is, that BECAUSE british nation has "tons of small clans", which apparently can not take a port, without talking to bigger clans in YOUR nation about this first, want to change a WORKING GAME MECHANIC, then you have AN ISSUE in your nation.

This is not a game problem.

This is a BRITISH problem.

When you create a topic where your ONLY concern is, that BECAUSE british nation has "tons of small clans", which apparently can not take a port, without talking to bigger clans in YOUR nation about this first, want to change a WORKING GAME MECHANIC, then you have AN ISSUE in your nation.

The problem is not that we have many small clans, do you even use brain? The problem is a limitation with new port system and ports controlled by clans.

1 minute ago, that guy that time said:

you dont seem to understand that the limit does not fit the new machanic. one of the two need to change and sice we like the clan hostility machanic then its the limit that needs to change. its simple

He don't want to see even the chance of another point if view because this insults his kind of discussion. It's that "eyes,  ears shut. I am right,  you are just dump, lalalala I can't hear you"-thing... 

The problem is not that we have many small clans, do you even use brain? The problem is a limitation with new port system and ports controlled by clans.

Ok, i guess i need to "advise" you,

Tell me what for you need a port? Your "small" clan for example.

it is a game problem as the limit does not fit the clan machanic... other nations have flipped multiple ports too and what we are sying here would help them too. changing the limit would actualy aid the clan machanic... and so it should be changed to compliment the new machanic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

Right. In a battle mechanic where every clan, no matter what nation, works for his own goals there shouldn't be a "nation-limit" anymore.

Yes. There should be a nation limit. As long as clans within a nation cannot actually fight each other, it is still all about nations, and the "clan-wars" are just a fake feature. 

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captains, this issue will be looked tommorow

No changes should be made to the limitation. It will only allow easy zerging to avoid actually fighting PBs. It will be a reintroduction of the fake flags. We don't have the server population to populate any more than 3 ports per nations. It will be 2 empty PBs and 1 full, until people say hello kitty it and all are empty.

What really should be looked into however is reverting to the time when port battles could only be set during the conquest window - between 19.00 and 24.00. Otherwise one can always grind hostility at night, safe from people jumping into your fully open mission, and there is no way to countergrind hostility. Nations with more night-time population again have an advantage in RvR and setting up port battles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

Yes. There should be a nation limit. As long as clans within a nation cannot actually fight each other, it is still all about nations, and the "clan-wars" are just a fake feature. 

No changes should be made to the limitation. It will only allow easy zerging to avoid actually fighting PBs. It will be a reintroduction of the fake flags. We don't have the server population to populate any more than 3 ports per nations. It will be 2 empty PBs and 1 full, until people say hello kitty it and all are empty.

What really should be looked into however is reverting to the time when port battles could only be set during the conquest window - between 19.00 and 24.00. Otherwise one can always grind hostility at night, safe from people jumping into your fully open mission, and there is no way to countergrind hostility. Nations with more night-time population again have an advantage in RvR and setting up port battles.

If 2-3 clans flip a port, come and tell to all 20 other clans to wait and do nothing, thanks. It is possible that 5% of the nation goes for PB and rest is forced doing nothing. Many players will just log out.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

If 2-3 clans flip a port, come and tell to all 20 other clans to wait and do nothing, thanks. It is possible that 5% of the nation goes for PB and rest is forced doing nothing. Many players will just log out.

#zergnationproblems

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

#zergnationproblems

Zerg nation? Dutch/US/Spanish/British/Pirates are zerg nations? The difference is we don't have 3 zerg clans (RDNN/RUS/HYDRA) like Danish or HRE/PFK like Swedish. You have 2-3 huge zerg clans... We have lots of small clans, big diversity. 

Edited by Peter Goldman

Dutch nation has lots of different clans with different goals and ideas too. It is going to be a rat race with morning flips after maintenance - who flips first... 

stock-photo-cartoon-humor-concept-illust

Please stop. It hurts reading this. And i am serious.

9 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

No limitations to times

No limitations to numbers

Dont exclude other time zones from the game due to limitations.

Clans / Nations can set timers the portbattle might appear to their prefered time using gold.

You will have to take portbattles if you want to keep a port.

If there is a Zergnation, well, solve it by taking ports you CAN defend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, that guy that time said:

it is a game problem as the limit does not fit the clan machanic... other nations have flipped multiple ports too and what we are sying here would help them too. changing the limit would actualy aid the clan machanic... and so it should be changed to compliment the new machanic.

Stop insulting/embarassing yourself.

Clans are in SAME nation, there is no way to be allied with a clan from another nation. It does not matter which clan takes which port. They need to TALK to each other, it is the same  NATION.

Shall i explain in another language?

7 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

i would agree that a nation limit is ok but it needs to be adjusted to reflect the new machanic... and its not clan wars. the new machanic gives the clans an actual purpose in the game machanics, and even if the devs changed it so that each clan could have 1 or 2 ports battles then that would be so much better. but at the moment you have to consider that the 3 port limit does not meet the demands of the new machanic and it also does not meet the challenges of having a one port flip rather than regions.

7 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Learn the new mechanics you are talking about better, you will see it does not matter which clan controls which port.

Because....

I won`t tell you why.

You need to find it out alone.

cortez, you are very deliberatly being a provoker. You clearly do not understand the implications behind having a 3 port flip limit and especially when its only on port to be flipped at a time.

1 minute ago, that guy that time said:

cortez, you are very deliberatly being a provoker. You clearly do not understand the implications behind having a 3 port flip limit and especially when its only on port to be flipped at a time.

I do understand it. You are the one who doesn`t. :)

Because obviously for some reason you "think" that clans are having a bigger role now more than before update.They don`t.

Mr. Anolytic explained this already.

Edited by Cortez

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Zerg nation? Dutch/US/Spanish/British are zerg nations? The difference is we don't have 3 zerg clans (RDNN/RUS/HYDRA) like Danish or HRE/PFK like Swedish. You have 2-3 huge zerg clans... We have lots of small clans, big diversity. 

"zerg clans" 
Each brit clan is alone at least as large as those you call zerg clans.

I suggest though, that a possibility would be that neutral ports do not count towards the limitation. So brits can attack as many neutral ports as they like at the same time, but it is only possible to have 3 PBs set simultaneously against other nations. Ideally there should also be a limit to 1 portbattle set against an individual nation.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Stop insulting/embarassing yourself.

Clans are in SAME nation, there is no way to be allied with a clan from another nation. It does not matter which clan takes which port. They need to TALK to each other, it is the same  NATION.

Shall i explain in another language?

what is wrong with you? it does matter which clan takes which port as the clan with the highest hostility controls to port and its taxes. stop insulting people becuase they disagree with you.

5 minutes ago, Cortez said:

I do understand it. You are the one who doesn`t. :)

Because obviously for some reason you "think" that clans are having a bigger role now more than before update.They don`t.

Mr. Anolytic explained this already.

as the clan which takes the port gains the benefits then it is a matter of clans having more importance in the game... and when there is a three port limit then its easy to for the majority of clans ON THE GAME to be left out of RvR completely. I am not saying that there shouldn't be a limit or that it should be increased considerably, but what I am saying is that the limit should be changed to reflect the new clan mechanic and the one port flip rather than regions.

It's too early to change that mechanic.

Be all reasonable and test how it is today for a few weeks.

Today PB against neutral AI's is easy, tomorow PB's against faction players will be much harder, so 3 PB's per day is far enough.

If population grows then that issue could be updated.

Peter you must think about other Faction players, give them even chances for conquest.

3 PB's per day is already very tough for low populated faction.

Make request that serves GENERAL INTEREST not only for a few groups of players.