Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Port Battle Limit

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

Well, they can but they mustn't. Do you want a regulation? "3pb per clan" is the thing. The limitation we had does not fit into the new mechanic.

It fits more than before in this new HOSTILITY MISSION thing. Go to any port your nation owns, take missions for a port, set PB.Exactly thats why the restriction is needed more than ever.

Hell, even war supplies are cheaper and weight less than before.

Edited by Cortez

3 minutes ago, Cortez said:

It fits more than before in this new HOSTILITY MISSION thing. Go to neutral port, take missions for a port, set PB.Exactly thats why the restriction is needed more than ever.

If you do so little clans won't get a hit, clans with people doing a real life job won't do a hit and after two weeks of frustration, they will quit. The player base will shrink one more time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

Well, they can but they mustn't. Do you want a regulation? "3pb per clan" is the thing. The limitation we had does not fit into the new mechanic.

I agree... the devs can come to a decision on a number of ports each clan can flip. But the limit per nation either has to be removed or reassessed.

20 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Thats just silly. People should be allowed to form a small clan if they want to.

Agreed. And small clans can TALK with bigger clans about their goals.

But that is not a reason for more than 3 portbattles per nation per day.

1 minute ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

If you do so little clans won't get a hit, clans with people doing a real life job won't do a hit and after two weeks of frustration, they will quit. The player base will shrink one more time.

Pardon my french, but thats horseshit. Smaller clans can talk with bigger clans in their nation.

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

Agreed. And small clans can TALK with bigger clans about their goals.

But that is not a reason for more than 3 portbattles per nation per day.

... and big clans can let them starve by the hand if they want. No Sir. Realy, no....

Edited by Jonathan Arlington

Dont restrict to much, cause people will have to search for solutions.

In eve there were no real Restrictions in fighting. Except kind of reinforcement for players who started and it grew and grew and grew.

Captains need content.

Dont be afraid in loosing ports!

Just fight for it and try your best.

Just now, Cortez said:

Pardon my french, but thats horseshit. Smaller clans can talk with bigger clans in their nation.

You assume that nations consist of clans that all get along...

... and big clans can let them starve by the hand if they want. No Sir. Realy, no....

Well you have a problem in your nation then.That is not a reason to change a game mechanic.

• Like 1

Just now, Cortez said:

Well you have a problem in your nation then.That is not a reason to change a game mechanic.

En contraire... We don't. All I do is addressing a problem and this is a shrinking player base because your solution will leave little clans alone. Deleting all limitation will leave alone little nations. So the conclusion is a limitation of clans. My points aren't about bonuses for my nation, I am in a big clan, I guess I am safe. But that does not mean that I have to be silent about an issue when I see one.

To be fair. You made your points, I made mine so did many others. The Devs will surely read this points all this night long to get a decision for tomorrow. The points were written, let us wait for the decision.

En contraire... We don't. All I do is addressing a problem and this is a shrinking player base because your solution will leave little clans alone. Deleting all limitation will leave alone little nations. So the conclusion is a limitation of clans. My points aren't about bonuses for my nation, I am in a big clan, I guess I am safe. But that does not mean that I have to be silent about an issue when I see one.

To be fair. You made your points, I made mine so did many others. The Devs will surely read this points all this night long to get a decision for tomorrow. The points were written, let us wait for the decision.

1.I guess you do have a problem.

2. You are playing an advocate in a matter that does not concern you.

3. You are not fully aware of the consequences increasing portbattle numbers per nation per day might have.

Otherwise i have no clue what are you talking about small clans then.

Small clans can play an important role in each nation, IF they participate in conquest, work for the good of a certain nation, and TALK to bigger clans about their possible help AND goals in conquest.

If a bigger clan does not allow smaller clan taking a certain port now because whatever, then those nation HAS an issue.

Not a game mechanic.

3 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Gather to big clans - there is absolutely no reason to have 100 clans in one nation. That only make certain nation weaker.

Yea, disband PFK and join HRE :) 

Why create WAR clan before? You want to kill diversity. Many clans in nation does not mean weakness. 

Edited by Peter Goldman

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

1.I guess you do have a problem.

2. You are playing an advocate in a matter that does not concern you.

3. You are not fully aware of the consequences increasing portbattle numbers per nation per day might have.

Otherwise i have no clue what are you talking about small clans then.

Small clans can play an important role in each nation, IF they participate in conquest, work for the good of a certain nation, and TALK to bigger clans about their possible help AND goals in conquest.

If a bigger clan does not allow smaller clan taking a certain port now because whatever, then those nation HAS an issue.

Not a game mechanic.

I see you do not have any interest in a constructive discussion, blaming me for having problems and no right to address an issue I think I can see. Bad behaviour and a really weird kind of derailing. So .... what ever, I won't waste my time.... have a nice time then. ;-)

Dear Devs, you have and will have many opinions right now. Take your time and keep on constructing.  o7

Just now, Jonathan Arlington said:

I see you do not have any interest in a constructive discussion, blaming me for having problems and no right to address an issue I think I can see. Bad behaviour and a really weird kind of derailing. So .... what ever, I won't waste my time.... have a nice time then. ;-)

Dear Devs, you have and will have many opinions right now. Take your time and keep on constructing.  o7

Always interested to discuss.

You have no arguments which would give me a reason, if i was in charge, to change a working mechanic because of your delusional ideas :)

Make more than 3 PBs per day per nation possible, will "kill" more players than losing few smaller clans which can not talk to big ones.

No, my friend, I do have arguments, you just don't want to hear them. And by the way, they are not even my arguments. I am just the only left talking with you while all the others with the same point of view went to bed or sailing or doing other more sense full stuff.... so ... bye then. Live long and prosper, have a nice time, cause what I wanted to be said is said to the people I wanted to address my thoughts, which means the Devs. Your derailing doesn't matter to me. Have a nice time.

No, my friend, I do have arguments, you just don't want to hear them. And by the way, they are not even my arguments. I am just the only left talking with you while all the others with the same point of view went to bed or sailing or doing other more sense full stuff.... so ... bye then. Live long and prosper, have a nice time, cause what I wanted to be said is said to the people I wanted to address my thoughts, which means the Devs. Your derailing doesn't matter to me. Have a nice time.

You don`t have any arguments for changing a working game mechanic.

You are talking about small clans within nations.

56 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Then the logical thing to do is limit the clan not the nation

For the limit, make it a simple cooldown period.  Then every clan in every nation gets a chance.

The problem at the outset is the millions stashed away for port maintenance, with no asset wipe now, so there's nothing stopping any large clan from a monopoly except an imposed limit or a cooldown.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

I like to see the limitation stay in game. Dont give high populated nations one more advantage. They could easily organize more PBs than the smaller nation can defend. Since of the drop of alliances the smaller pop nation are hard enough to play.

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 1

This whole completely messed up idea reminds of "nightflips" ,where a minority terrorised majority with their "we want to play too" attitude, which is legit only to a certain point.

I guess those who are actively playing should be reminded how that go.

Devastated player base and splitting servers.

Allow more portbattles, you will have the same situation.

Just now, Sven Silberbart said:

Maybe some players of the big pop nation should change to a weaker side. That would solve that problem and also would be healty for the server balance.

You may start, and be a role model for the others :)

yes maybe I should :) but I prefer to see real pop numbers first, I dont believe in sweden as server zerg. We are far away from that, i think

But this isnt the topic. So lets go back to it.

Edited by Sven Silberbart

Just watching the discussion about limitations... ^_^

• Like 1