Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

3 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

Patch is being deployed today (might take a while). 

Contents include

• Hostility missions we brought back to give clear and easy way to get hostility to 100% without mindless searching for NPCs.
    • Hostility missions are back, but only spawn in the vicinity of the town
    • Approximate number of missions to raise hostility to 100% - 4.5 missions (each mission has 10 NPC enemies)
    • PVP kills also count towards hostility

Please discuss. 

Good job for the swift Unity 5 transition and I'm more than happy to sail de Prince on live server :)

But I'm worried about the return of the hostility missions. Killing 45 NPC can be done quickly and stealthly.

How are you supposed to defend against them? Launch your own defensive missions as before so we get parallel PVE grind? Are these missons opened for a long while so defenders can enter the battle and get some PVP? Will those missions be indicated on the world map for all to see so we can gather in the area for a fight?

Sadly, we don't need more invisible ninja flips via PVE, but more OW PVP outside of commerce raiding :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Point:

1. You don't want to reward PvP players/battles because it can be abused/exploited

2. PvE can be used 3x more than PvP, yet you have no issue with that. Let's remove most rewards from PvE because we cannot trust people - they can exploit it. I can name 5 more ways to exploit/abuse PvE, should I keep on going with examples?

1. Where did I say that? I just said that the same system for skill books in PvE wouldn't suit PvP.

2.Once again, where did I say that? 

It sounds to be like you want PvP to be only thing that is worthwhile in the game.  Personally I don't think five frigates jumping a new player in a mercury should be rewarded full stop. Because that's what 90% of PvP in this game is

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I think the current system for books/upgrades in PvE fine the way it is. It adds an element of excitement when looting and it also means that people who only do PvE still have a usefulness to the PvPers.

Yes, of course you as a PvE player don't mind this system. That is called bias. Maybe you wouldn't find it exciting, if you would also play PvP and actually knew how many upgrades there are, how essential some of them can be for pvp and that for a few you need to collect up to 5 different ones to combine them into some OP upgrade. So if you don't loot / find them in boring and brain cell killing PvE ( which is very unlikely with the pitiful droprate and RNG ), you have to rely on buying it from other player and yet again you have to get really lucky here with the fact that gold is almost worthless so most won't sell for gold even if you offer millions, the server pop is super low and the fact that most people use the upgrades for themselves. Every upgrade should be available in the admiralty shop ( the rare ones could be ridiculous prices like 500 - 1000 combat marks ) so everyone has the chance to work for their upgrades instead of pure luck. All this does not matter for a PvE player of course and you have every right to share your opinion on the matter, i just wanted to let you know this.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Serk said:

But I'm worried about the return of the hostility missions. Killing 45 NPC can be done quickly and stealthly.

How are you supposed to defend against them? Launch your own defensive missions as before so we get parallel PVE grind? Are these missons opened for a long while so defenders can enter the battle and get some PVP? Will those missions be indicated on the world map for all to see so we can gather in the area for a fight?

On 22.08.2017 at 0:20 AM, admin said:
  • Hostility will now be raised using hostility missions or pvp or pvp in missions, (that will come back)
    • Missions will only spawn in a certain radius near the town
    • These missions will be open for all 1.5 hours so both defenders and attackers can react and come to the rescue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Yes, of course you as a PvE player don't mind this system. That is called bias. Maybe you wouldn't find it exciting, if you would also play PvP and actually knew how many upgrades there are, how essential some of them can be for pvp and that for a few you need to collect up to 5 different ones to combine them into some OP upgrade. So if you don't loot / find them in boring and brain cell killing PvE ( which is very unlikely with the pitiful droprate and RNG ), you have to rely on buying it from other player and yet again you have to get really lucky here with the fact that gold is almost worthless so most won't sell for gold even if you offer millions, the server pop is super low and the fact that most people use the upgrades for themselves. Every upgrade should be available in the admiralty shop ( the rare ones could be ridiculous prices like 500 - 1000 combat marks ) so everyone has the chance to work for their upgrades instead of pure luck. All this does not matter for a PvE player of course and you have every right to share your opinion on the matter, i just wanted to let you know this.

Wrong

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

1 minute ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

Wrong

actually really spot on.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Well I think you're being infuriatingly assuming here, I don't exclusively play PvE. Please point out to me where I made that statement? I like to go out for PvP as much as I like PvE.

Of course as a "PvP Player" you don't like the current system. That is also called bias. 

And I don't know what server/nation you play but I see books/upgrades selling for gold/combat marks everyday so gold is far from worthless.

Also if you and @Peter Goldman  go back read what I actually said, you'll see that I said the current system for loot in PvE is fine the way it is. I never mentioned PvP. I was making a point about scaling the consumables with the class of ship. Peter is the one who came in with the attitude

Edited by NethrosDefectus

10 minutes ago, Serk said:

Good job for the swift Unity 5 transition and I'm more than happy to sail de Prince on live server :)

Sadly, we don't need more invisible ninja flips via PVE, but more OW PVP outside of commerce raiding :(

assuming it's a port you own and you have players who use it, and an outpost and teleport - you would see it pop up and get there to defend.

the missions are open the whole time too.

Edited by Teutonic

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

British Nation, EU Server. Shops are empty and players ask 600k to 5m gold for book. Cheers. I know someone selling Superior Almeria / Guacata for 600k, British Gunnery Seargent for 1m, Cargo / Rudder Angles for 2.5m-5m gold.

The Superior Guacata sold this morning actually, and I can take the Gunnery sergeants down and do you a better deal if you ask nicely.

All you've done there is argue my case for me thanks

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Stop this nonsense flame pvp vs pve. Devs need find some compromise by fixing game mechanics and make space for all players and their favourite styles of gameplay. Otherwise the game will be dead. Its a niche game and start respect every community member if you want Naval Action to be finished and reasonable populated. 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Btw is eco bombing still in? If yes some port flips may take less than 40 min combined good fleet in missions and eco bomb. 

War Supplies does not affect hostility anymore.

Captains are advised to stop offtopic in this thread, please provide feedback/questions on patch only. All future discussions that do not related to the patch will be removed from this thread

• Like 2