Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2017 - Initial poll

Barberouge

List  

642 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the vessel you'd like to sail most

• 1. Malicieuse (1758, French 32-gun frigate)
    • 2. Niger-class (1759, British 32-gun frigate)
    • 3. Euridice (1802, Dutch 32-gun frigate)
    • 4. Carolina (1808, Austrian 34-gun frigate)
    • 5. Saint Nicholas (1790, Russian 34-gun frigate)
    • 6. Santa Monica (1777, Spanish 36-gun frigate)
    • 7. Friderichsværn (1784, Danish 36-gun frigate)
    • 8. Venus, Bellona-class (1783, Swedish 40-gun frigate)
    • 9. Princesa Real (1819, Portuguese 50-gun frigate)
    • 10. Leopard, Portland-class (1790, British 50-gun 4th rate)
    • 11. Le Jason (1724, French 52-gun 4th rate)
    • 12. Principe da Beira (1774, Portuguese 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 13. Prinses Frederika Louise Wilhelmina (1779, Dutch 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 14. Leeuwenhorst (1742, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 15. Delft (1782, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 16. Fama-class (1784, Venetian 66-gun 4th rate)
    • 17. Wenden (1706, Danish 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 18. San Giovanni (1789, Maltese 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 19. Göta Lejon (1746, Swedish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 20. Vrijheid-class (1782, Dutch 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 21. Le Monarque, Sceptre-class (1747, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 22. Téméraire-class (1782, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 23. San Juan Nepomuceno (1766, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 24. Montañés-class (1794, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 25. Rainha de Portugal (1791, Portuguese 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 26. Wreker-class (1798, Dutch 80-gun 3rd rate)
    • 27. Foudroyant (1798, British 80-gun 3rd rate)

22 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

I understand that you want to vote for it because your french , if i were french , i would do the same , but i just hoped that british , spanish , dutch or a other country gets some sense and votes on spanish or dutch.. we dont got one of those.. and temeraire looks excacly the same like bucentaure.. there are only like a few differences , for me it would get boring if temeraire would join in , it would count for me as a seccond bucentaure. But thats just me.

The Téméraire class is the most produced class of all time, you can't imagine an Age of Sail game without this class, it's like World of Tanks without a Sherman or a FPS without AKs.
Think about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Major General La Fayette said:

The Téméraire class is the most produced class of all time, you can't imagine an Age of Sail game without this class, it's like World of Tanks without a Sherman or a FPS without AKs.
Think about it.

I understand , and i agree. But still.. there are more french ships then dutch or spanish , i will prefer a dutch or a spanish ship above a french.

• Like 7

On 17/09/2017 at 12:19 AM, akd said:

Hard choice, but more diversity in the 3rd rates along with a port battle system that encourages their use (BR and battle group based) would probably be most beneficial for the game.  As such, I'm leaning towards Montanes or Temeraire.  A third rate line-up as follows (using game armaments) would be ideal, and allow for restoration of historical armament on Bellona:

(...)

Dutch Wreker is pretty awesome, but doesn't seem to fit with 3rd rates in game terms.  Really more a 2nd rate, or 2.5 rate in terms of armament and crew (and in fact some in the class were refit as 2nd rates).

At last, arguments about ship characteristics, historical armaments and gameplay in NA, not about nations !!!!

No 'I want this nation !' or 'No more of that nation, please !' but good reasons to choose a given ship (even though I for one ain't for 3rd-Rates in that poll).

Thx @akd:)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alado said:

2 french ships more in game, and we can name the game like Navy french action

You know actually there is 9 British ships, 6 French ships, 6 American ships, 4 Russian ships, 2 Spanish ships and 2 Swedish ships.

So even with 2 more ships, France wouldn't be the most represented nation in game, FYI.

I have made an unofficial poll to accompany this regarding the Téméraire class, and which to put forward into the vote itself, I believe its important to establish what exactly we are voting for here with some of the classes suggested being quite open with a couple of different Variants available. I would love to hear from you guys which of the Téméraire ships you'd like to see and why you want to add it.

Here is the link to the topic.

1 minute ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

I have made an unofficial poll to accompany this regarding the Téméraire class, and which to put forward into the vote itself, I believe its important to establish what exactly we are voting for here with some of the classes suggested being quite open with a couple of different Variants available. I would love to hear from you guys which of the Téméraire ships you'd like to see and why you want to add it.

Here is the link to the topic.

Well, i suggested this class for the official poll and mentioned Le Redoutable, Barberouge just wrote "Téméraire class" instead ;)

6 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

If we are having a Téméraire class ship we really need to clear up what we are actually voting for, personally I would love to see Rivoli make it, she has an interesting history and a fantastic model. The differences between the sub classes needs to be addressed because in it's current state the vote is a little bit like asking us do we want a 74 ship of the line from 1790 without specifying which one. Although really I would prefer a non represented nation to make it, preferably more than one.

9aa0ae6d609e223f018057d4cd099962--model-

The 74-gun small craft is not very much built. Sané was inspired (probably) by the English 74-gun. Smaller than the French one.

This small ship has three big advantages over the srandard vessel. It employs fewer sailors, has less drafts and maneuvering better.

On the other hand, and it is his biggest defect, it is that it is more difficult to integrate in a squadron because of its smaller ceiling.

Only 22 small model ships are built between 1803 and 1812. They very beautiful and very elegant, but unfortunately not representative of the French fleet. :(

1 hour ago, Major General La Fayette said:

You know actually there is 9 British ships, 6 French ships, 6 American ships, 4 Russian ships, 2 Spanish ships and 2 Swedish ships.

So even with 2 more ships, France wouldn't be the most represented nation in game, FYI.

Sorry mate, i only see santissima like spanish ship, show me the second spanish ship please.

On 18/09/2017 at 4:07 PM, GreatTimo said:

I thought french were nice.

21 minutes ago, no one said:

You probaly never went to France. XD

One tip. Do not try speak french with them.

Je suis français et très gentil et tu peux me parler en français : j'aime beaucoup. Je préfère d'ailleurs parce que je parle mal l'anglais. Je suis content d'avoir trouvé en toi un non-francophone avec lequel parler en français. C'est super reposant pour moi. J'attends une réponse avec impatience. Et rappelle-toi : google traduction n'est pas ton ami :)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 9:33 AM, LeBoiteux said:

At last, arguments about ship characteristics, historical armaments and gameplay in NA, not about nations !!!!

No 'I want this nation !' or 'No more of that nation, please !' but good reasons to choose a given ship (even though I for one ain't for 3rd-Rates in that poll).

Thx @akd:)

You know as well as I the majority of the playerbase will never be able to debate possible new ships like this.  I do agree though, it is refreshing.

7 hours ago, Haratik said:

You know as well as I the majority of the playerbase will never be able to debate possible new ships like this. 

Of course and discussion among experts is not what I'd ask for.

But anyone can discuss about gameplay, number of guns or beauty of a ship.

That's the first time that, in a ship poll, (almost) nothing else but nationality matters.

I prefer the kind of comments below, randomly selected from the discussion about Player ship selection 2016 and that have nothing to do with expertise :

On 25/10/2015 at 2:36 PM, Arvenski said:
Hmm. I like her. She's a neat-looking little ship. :)

On 06/01/2016 at 4:37 AM, Jack Feathersword said:

I am looking forward to seeing some heavy traders, heavy corvette/light frigates and a 4th rate being included.

...to most of what I've read in this thread. Just personal preference ;)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Borch said:

Isn't Diana, small Spanish frigate being in the works atm? I could be wrong here, but so I understood from few posts here and there.

I dont know nothing aboutt diana,who its diana? any know a diana? its a new dev?? :D when we can play with diana speak about diana we cant play with smoke

Edited by Alado

this is smoke, we have nothing. And remenber, Spain only have one ship, one of biggest navys and most representative in this time and place. Rusia have 4, Russsians know where are caribe in this time??? plzz

Edited by Alado

So due to the dutch having 0 ships we have to vote a third rate without an interesting service record and with a meh design.

Whats the purpose? do we need another ship that people wont sail as the cerberus?

That ships, like others appointed, is almost a second rate, and I'd prefer to sail, any time, a bucentaure.

• Like 1

Im very much looking forward to more competition on the 3rd rate level. Whether thats a montanes, temeraire or a wreker is indifferent to me.

I personally find the idea of a dutch ship appealing, yet its my own research jnto them that makes me attached to them and the prime factor behind my vote for them.

The wreker is an well documented ship class, with visual references and plenty of ship logs to syphen from.

The delft is well known ship for the fsct that she is bring reconstructed in rotterdam somewhere. She fought in thr battle of camperdown and sank afterwards due to damage taken. Another captured ship, the dutch hercules 74, was renamed to 'delft' to commemorate her brave and tough performance during battle.

The euridice is a rather typical late dutch multipurpose frigate. With its higher profile it was quite able to carry goods and marines to less accesible places.

The venus, 20 gun corvette not included here, stood her ground during thr siege of palembang. Taking on main battery to allow transport ships to land marines. She held her ground and paid the price for it. Commended for her performance she was send for repairs which proved to be accessive which resulted in her being sold.

In a few word typed from my phone why its not about the nation but about the story. The dutch being a large martime nation isnt key in my eyes. The argument that a ship was copied like 121 times falls in the same catagory for me. (Temeraire)

If these polls have shown us anything it is that people: tend to vote for big ships screwing over interesting smaller ones.

And when it comes to the big boys, id like to see the wreker in a 76-gun config on the 3rd rate level, to compete with telhe bellona. And perhaps in a 90-gun config to price up the 2nd rate level, with her 36 and 30 pdr guns.

• Like 8