Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2017 - Initial poll

Barberouge

List  

642 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the vessel you'd like to sail most

• 1. Malicieuse (1758, French 32-gun frigate)
    • 2. Niger-class (1759, British 32-gun frigate)
    • 3. Euridice (1802, Dutch 32-gun frigate)
    • 4. Carolina (1808, Austrian 34-gun frigate)
    • 5. Saint Nicholas (1790, Russian 34-gun frigate)
    • 6. Santa Monica (1777, Spanish 36-gun frigate)
    • 7. Friderichsværn (1784, Danish 36-gun frigate)
    • 8. Venus, Bellona-class (1783, Swedish 40-gun frigate)
    • 9. Princesa Real (1819, Portuguese 50-gun frigate)
    • 10. Leopard, Portland-class (1790, British 50-gun 4th rate)
    • 11. Le Jason (1724, French 52-gun 4th rate)
    • 12. Principe da Beira (1774, Portuguese 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 13. Prinses Frederika Louise Wilhelmina (1779, Dutch 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 14. Leeuwenhorst (1742, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 15. Delft (1782, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 16. Fama-class (1784, Venetian 66-gun 4th rate)
    • 17. Wenden (1706, Danish 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 18. San Giovanni (1789, Maltese 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 19. Göta Lejon (1746, Swedish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 20. Vrijheid-class (1782, Dutch 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 21. Le Monarque, Sceptre-class (1747, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 22. Téméraire-class (1782, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 23. San Juan Nepomuceno (1766, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 24. Montañés-class (1794, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 25. Rainha de Portugal (1791, Portuguese 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 26. Wreker-class (1798, Dutch 80-gun 3rd rate)
    • 27. Foudroyant (1798, British 80-gun 3rd rate)

3 minutes ago, GreatTimo said:

Yes , the dutch ship Wreker is on number 2 ! Its going harder then any other :D , i hope it comes in , would love to see a dutch ship in game.

Foudroyant (1798, British 80-gun 3rd rate) will give you a good fight in the final poll. :) British unite! We need votes. It must be in game.

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

Foudroyant (1798, British 80-gun 3rd rate) will give you a good fight in the final poll. :) British unite!

I'd hate to see another tea ship that I'd have to unload its cargo in a harbor, but if so, that one would be an honor to raid its tea from! 

It is a very beautiful ship and just hope you all can see the raw beauty of the Dutch ships. United Provinces Unite!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I'd hate to see another tea ship that I'd have to unload its cargo in a harbor, but if so, that one would be an honor to raid its tea from! 

It is a very beautiful ship and just hope you all can see the raw beauty of the Dutch ships. United Provinces Unite!

How about Dutch and British together? :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Aye , that be true!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Barberouge said:

Although in the proposed list she seemed closer to the 3rd rates, it's true she'd be part of the 4th rates compared to the Aga and Wasa. I changed her category.

Name Guns Gund. Length Breadth Max lb BS Wgt. Gunn. Wgt. Gunn. Wgt. %
Leopard 50 44.5 12.4 24 414 129 72%
Delft 56 45.2 12.7 24 432 137 76%
Wenden 70 52.4 13.5 24 480 167 93%
Wasa 64 49.3 13.6 24 594 174 97%
Agamemnon 60 48.8 13.4 24 600 176 98%
La Fama 66 48 12.9 24 609 180 100%
San Giovanni 70 49.6 13.5 24 756 192 107%
Göta Lejon 74 49.6 13.1 24 636 196 109%
Zeven Provinciën 74 50.9 13.6 32 796 211 117%

Thank you for adjusting her, its much more fitting, although I'm still not sure those measurements are quite right, the length seems quite contested depending on the sources used, but ah well.

Similarly to what Leboiteux said, thank you for your hard work, moderating and dev work too often goes thankless.

55 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Thank you for adjusting her, its much more fitting, although I'm still not sure those measurements are quite right, the length seems quite contested depending on the sources used, but ah well.

Similarly to what Leboiteux said, thank you for your hard work, moderating and dev work too often goes thankless.

np, credit goes to the community tbh

as for the exact measurements, if she makes it to the game those can be checked on the plans

• Like 1

"Info is in the post linked (usually, scroll down a little if it doesn't show initially) and she was also part of the 2016 final poll."

I already saw that information from the start. What i am asking is the gun loadout and if you guys have more detail images about this ship.

-The stern image is weak in the details.

-Your link says it was 50 guns frigate, but what guns? 

-Also is mention the "Princesa Real" had 56 guns during the battle of Cape St Vincent. Not 50 but 56 , and again what guns?

- The devs mention it was a heavy frigate. it had 24 pounds guns or 18 pounds guns? The powerful portuguese frigates "Unilo" and "Amazona" they had 24 pounds, but i don't know nothing about the "Princesa Real" gun loadout. I can't vote in a ship with so poor information.

Edited by no one

3 hours ago, Barberouge said:

Info is in the post linked (usually, scroll down a little if it doesn't show initially) and she was also part of the 2016 final poll.

Although in the proposed list she seemed closer to the 3rd rates, it's true she'd be part of the 4th rates compared to the Aga and Wasa. I changed her category.

Name Guns Gund. Length Breadth Max lb BS Wgt. Gunn. Wgt. Gunn. Wgt. %
Leopard 50 44.5 12.4 24 414 129 72%
Delft 56 45.2 12.7 24 432 137 76%
Wenden 70 52.4 13.5 24 480 167 93%
Wasa 64 49.3 13.6 24 594 174 97%
Agamemnon 60 48.8 13.4 24 600 176 98%
La Fama 66 48 12.9 24 609 180 100%
San Giovanni 70 49.6 13.5 24 756 192 107%
Göta Lejon 74 49.6 13.1 24 636 196 109%
Zeven Provinciën 74 50.9 13.6 32 796 211 117%

For the 7 Provinciën u got the wrong max lb it is supposed to be 36 pdr. Same goes for the Prins Maurits and the Vrijheid

For the 74 gunners  they would have 28*36pdr , 28*24 pdr , 18*12 pdr, it means they would have a broadside weight with Dutch pound in 948 pdr whilst the current bellona has 865 and the St Pavel 1038 if we calculate that to Brit pdr she has a pdr of 1041. There for I would say the Dutch ships would be a nice filler to bridge the gap between certain rates as a heavy ship rate.

Edited by pietjenoob

1 hour ago, no one said:

"Info is in the post linked (usually, scroll down a little if it doesn't show initially) and she was also part of the 2016 final poll."

I already saw that information from the start. What i am asking is the gun loadout and if you guys have more detail images about this ship.

-Also is mention the "Princesa Real" had 56 guns during the battle of Cape St Vincent. Not 50 but 56 , and again what guns?

- The devs mention it was a heavy frigate. it had 24 pounds guns or 18 pounds guns? The powerful portuguese frigates "Unilo" and "Amazona" they had 24 pounds, but i don't know nothing about the "Princesa Real" gun loadout. I can't vote in a ship it so poor information.

Whatever your choice about the poll, you already behave as a real 'Princesa' ! :P

You wrote that you 'already saw the information from the start'. So you know all what we know :

• 'Princesa Real (...) probably carried 24-pounders.'
  • She was said to carry 50 guns when built in 1819 (see Threedecks.com : Catalogo dos Navios Brigantinos) and when renamed Duchess of Braganza on the ship plan of the Royal Museum of Greenwich in July 1834. From your source, she carried 56 guns during the battle of Cape St Vincent in 1833, maybe an addition of 6 guns for that specific battle.
  • no other detail images
  • the stern image might look 'weak' to you but you can trust in NA Artists to make up a nice one.

That's all we know for now... But you might find more...

You'll have to vote with that info. Hope it helped.

The problem with Portuguese ships is that we have very few plans/info available on the Net. Still waiting for an enthusiastic Portuguese, Brazilian or tourist to go and pick up info from local museums. 

Sources :

http://collections.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/81579.html

http://3decks.pbworks.com/f/Catalogo+dos+navios+brigantinos+(1640-1910)+-+Esparteiro.pdf

Edited by LeBoiteux

Shame there is no love for the anything in the poll but the line ships. I can't argue with ppl that say we need more 74s in game though. Looking back to the OP it does say 3 gaps in the line up to fill so I am hopeful for one ship of each class eventually.

Being mindful of @admin reminder that they have delivered more than the promised ships already and how much work goes into making the 3d models, I would certainly buy a modestly priced ship pack DLC if that would help get more ships in game. We have many ships to choose from and they all actually sailed unlike some games that have so many vehicles they put in some that never left the drawing board, but players buy the premium versions anyway. 

Thanks to @Barberouge for all the work with the ships and polls!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, no one said:

- The devs mention it was a heavy frigate. it had 24 pounds guns or 18 pounds guns? The powerful portuguese frigates "Unilo" and "Amazona" they had 24 pounds, but i don't know nothing about the "Princesa Real" gun loadout. I can't vote in a ship with so poor information.

Ah sorry I thought you hadn't seen the post. I didn't find any more info about the gunnery nor pictures.

The gunnery was probably 24lb in the lower deck, thus either 12lb or 9lb on the upper deck depending on the dimensions, and the 6 more guns in the St Vincent battle could be chasers.

18 minutes ago, pietjenoob said:

For the 7 Provinciën u got the wrong max lb it is supposed to be 36 pdr. Same goes for the Prins Maurits and the Vrijheid

For the 74 gunners  they would have 28*36pdr , 28*24 pdr , 18*12 pdr, it means they would have a broadside weight with Dutch pound in 948 pdr whilst the current bellona has 865 and the St Pavel 1038 if we calculate that to Brit pdr she has a pdr of 1041. There for I would say the Dutch ships would be a nice filler to bridge the gap between certain rates as a heavy ship rate.

Ah yes I had taken the British gunnery of the Vrijheid. Actually that table is just a quick output of nominal or usual gunnery (max is lower deck) for an approximate comparison of the tonnages. In any case those aren't meant to be values for the in-game vessel, but raw indications for sorting. For the initial poll I just took the guns count then the breadth, but I usually use the gunnery weight for the final poll.

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

Whatever your choice about the poll, you already behave as a real 'Princesa' ! :P

HAHAHAHAHAHA :)

44 minutes ago, Barberouge said:

Ah sorry I thought you hadn't seen the post. I didn't find any more info about the gunnery nor pictures.

The gunnery was probably 24lb in the lower deck, thus either 12lb or 9lb on the upper deck depending on the dimensions, and the 6 more guns in the St Vincent battle could be chasers.

Ah yes I had taken the British gunnery of the Vrijheid. Actually that table is just a quick output of nominal or usual gunnery (max is lower deck) for an approximate comparison of the tonnages. In any case those aren't meant to be values for the in-game vessel, but raw indications for sorting. For the initial poll I just took the guns count then the breadth, but I usually use the gunnery weight for the final poll.

Well if are going to use similar gun loadouts as other portuguese super frigates then it would had something like 24 pounders ,12 pounders and 6 pounders. But i'm guessing.

The 9 pounders were used with the 18 pounders. And smaller frigates used 12 pounders and the 6 pounders.

http://marinhadeguerraportuguesa.blogspot.co.id/2011/01/navios-da-real-marinha-portuguesa-ii.html

There wont be any new ships added to the poll. This one is final.

Everyone suggesting ships should have done that a week ago. There was a thread in which you could promote your favourite ships. By now its too late. No matter how epic you or others think the vessel you like is.

Personally I am a bit sad that Temeraire is getting all the votes. In regards of french ships we do not have a shortcome. But other nations are lacking. But I am glad that Montanes and wreker are in front.

Also, I hope we get a seperate poll for the smaller vessels. Cause the big ones drain the votes for the worse of the frigates.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, BungeeLemming said:

Also, I hope we get a seperate poll for the smaller vessels. Cause the big ones drain the votes for the worse of the frigates.

Indeed. But if there is only...

12 hours ago, SteelSandwich said:

One

...winning ship selected at the end of the final poll (+ a possible wild card) as Steel implies, there's no need of a separate poll for small ones.

Not to mention that mixing light frigates and heavy ones in a poll with only one winning would lead to the same kind of result as here : all votes for the bigger ones :P. I'd bet on the Fama (if selected), the Delft or the Venus.

Edited by LeBoiteux