Game-Labs Forum

Patch monday - urgent.

why wait till Monday 

lets put it in tomorrow ^_^

we were on the edge of acceptance the grind !

My clan can't  wait until the political revolt starts 

:) new  fair winds must blow over the Carribean lets start tomorrow

(good job, on your progress to the new patch and unity5  ,it was faster than we thought, good job well done)  

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farrago said:

@admin since you're recently online, could we get an official answer about the Dutch ports... they're not on the safe or danger list.

Sorry i am not the admin, but the dutch ports that are considered safe are all the ones in the "capital region"

Which should be - fort zoutman, willemstad, fort orange, and (forget name of 4th).

Admin can of course confirm these ports, but the dutch are safe.

1 hour ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Could you delay this a week and enable teleport to capital temporarily?

People who are off line will lose resources and ships.  Some of those that left in July.  This is a huge mistake on top of the rest of them.

That`s their problem isn`t it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Just to be sure, the remaining free towns listed, will stay free and not capturable?

Yes, that list shows the uncapturable free ports.   Buildings and such may not really be that much of an issue on Global. Only the pirates stand to lose anything if they don't move stuff and most of them are still actively playing.  Savanah, New Orleans and  St. Lucia are all pirate held. Well also possibly any Brits living out of Vera Cruz.  But for the most part everything just turns to neutral and you can even teleport to all the neutral and free towns on Monday. Which will make moves a lot easier.

If any of you have problems with @admin sudden increase in speed and need help removing assets. We [ELITE] and The Church of the Poison Mind (see clubs) are here to help.

Just pm one of our Officers and we’ll help relocate and change ownership of the in-question assets. This applies to all current Servers [PvP Global], [PvP EU] and [PvE].

We are here to help

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

• Like 1

@admin Can we get an updated map of what the ports would look like after the patch so folks can know what to move and not.  I did a screen shot when test bed started up but it does not show all ports and well you'll might have changed stuff.  Visuals make it so much easier for folks to understand.  This is for every one and please devs give us an updated full map when you can.  Any thing "WHITE" will be neutral ports that any one can set up shop in.  Stars are the FREETOWNS.  French get there capital and Castries area.   Dutch get there capital and a region or two East of it if I remember right.  Kidd's Island for the pirates turns Neutral.

RfD6GmO.jpg

• Like 1

@admin I would also wipe all buildings in ports and give folks refunds for what it cost to put them up and upgrade them so folks can move new buildings around with the new map.  Some folks will loose a lot of money just on that part there.  As for moving yous stuff?  Maybe you shouldn't of set up clan stuff in ports other than capitals...lol   

Lucky for me it's just resource ports (like coal and such) I have to move once they are captured.  Anything else I had as an outpost it's simply removing the ship and putting it some where safe (Savanna for example goes back to US).

11 minutes ago, Farrago said:

So just one port for the Dutch?

(sigh)

No you get those two regions.  The capital region and Curacoa region south of it and I believe all the ports in those two regions.  It might be three regions I can't remember as that wasn't an area I was to worried about on test bed when I took the screen.  If I remember later I'll do another screen shot to show the south ports, but @admin @Ink really should post a proper map to show every one to keep down the confusion on what ports stay what and what turns white.  

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

No you get those two regions.  The capital region and Curacoa region south of it and I believe all the ports in those two regions.  It might be three regions I can't remember as that wasn't an area I was to worried about on test bed when I took the screen.

I hope you're right and Dutch get the entire capitol region. Curaçao is the island on which Willemstad sits. WS is the only port there. If Dutch get their entire capitol region, it would be a total of 4 ports located on 4 islands. We can live with that... one port only, probably not.

Like you said, definitive responses from admins would be very helpful as we all scramble this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I hope you're right and Dutch get the entire capitol region. Curaçao is the island on which Willemstad sits. WS is the only port there. If Dutch get their entire capitol region, it would be a total of 4 ports located on 4 islands. We can live with that... one port only, probably not.

Like you said, definitive responses from admins would be very helpful as we all scramble this weekend.

Caracaus or how ever it's spelled is the other region I'm pretty sure ya'll get too.  I remember thinking it's not much from what ya'll have now.

6 hours ago, admin said:

If you held this region before. you probably are in good shape to hold it going forward. Strong clans who can defend themselves don't need to move anything. Just cap the fort and hold it. 

So we can defend a NEUTRAL town in a port battle even though we're not Neutral?

I think the majority of the players who left this game in july again will not bother coming back if they lose any assets over this. That's like 80% of the playerbase.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

So we can defend a NEUTRAL town in a port battle even though we're not Neutral?

I think the majority of the players who left this game in july again will not bother coming back if they lose any assets over this. That's like 80% of the playerbase.

No what he's saying is once the patch drops you just flip it back and take onwership.  This is great if you have a population to support the tax/maintance upkeep of all those ports, but since this is now by port and not region it's going to be costly to hold an area.  This is why I think all ports when not keeped paid up to date should revert back to AI national owned and not neutral. This way the map won't be just a bunch of white dots cause no one can afford to pay the upkeep of the ports to hold any land.  Maybe a few big clans, but even than if the tax's don't cover it what clan is going to pay all that upkeep.

A thought on that should have a way to donate to a port to pay part of the upkeep.  Tax's prob should go to a port coffer not clan coffer so each port pays for it self, but you can fill the coffer from your clan stash if need be.  This will make it so you can stop upkeeping certain ports and not have it pull from your clan gold.

42 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

No you get those two regions.  The capital region and Curacoa region

Curacao is basically the island where Willemstad (capital) is located. So @admin's information suggests only Willemstad will be safe.