Game-Labs Forum

Best RVR clan in games history

Simon Cadete

Just now, Duncan McFail said:

Gotta make stuff harder. Always be stugglin.

I got a pretty hard nugget. I'm in Christiansted, come defeat me.

On 8/29/2016 at 9:50 AM, Skully said:

It was in the early morning that Judge Advocate Skully arived at Christiansted

Like old salty sailors telling tales in a smelly tavern.

* rasp chuckle *

Given it is RvR I will say DAS, SLRN both chapters, RUS, EDR, oh so many more.

Proof being in the history behind, where they actually fought full fledged wars where every single PB was full and where screening lasted for a good couple hours.

Power gaming to a minimum if existant at all,  and all about the road to war and the combat.

This is important as most of those stories are from before certain named clans did start to "game the game", giving flags some interesting uses and eventually come down to the "dismissal of screening" attitude :)

So, from the OP names I select naught. Both are total faux features. ( individuals not accounted for, for we are able of our worst when we congregate. individually we might act different )

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

It's gotta be BLACK. 93% win rate in contested pb's. We'd shit on any of those PvP1 clans. After global was formed several PvP1 clans thought the top PvP2 clan would be crap compared to them. All were put in there place. BLACK is #1 when it comes to rvr. 

You type well with only one hand.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

It's gotta be BLACK. 93% win rate in contested pb's. We'd shit on any of those PvP1 clans. After global was formed several PvP1 clans thought the top PvP2 clan would be crap compared to them. All were put in there place. BLACK is #1 when it comes to rvr. 

From the screenshots i've seen of the Port Battles BLACK has participated in, its the exact same kind of Port Battles as SORRY participated in. 
Most of the Port Battles BLACK either have advantage in numbers or the enemy team is formed from 12 different clans and disorganized. 

Neither SORRY nor BLACK have fought the true Port Battle fleets of old. Those died out before SORRY/BLACK were formed. 

BLACK could certainly be the "best" current RvR clan. 
However the best RvR clans in history is, without a doubt (Having seen both the new and the old RvR clans fight) DAS, SLRN and RUS. 

Now, i'm not saying BLACK isn't good, i'm not saying SORRY weren't good.
What i am saying is that DAS, SLRN and RUS all fought 100's of Port Battles/25v25 battles each, against each other. All gaining experience and continously improving their tactics, communications and skill. They only fought equally organized teams and they did it all the time. 
The old clans simply put, had way more experience fighting well organized teams in equal fights. 

All this said, BLACK/SORRY could very well be/have been just as good in combat as those clans. However you haven't had, and might never have, the opportunity to prove that because of the changes made to the game since then. (1 Dura ships, no capturable AI, Expensive crafting etc etc.) 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

From the screenshots i've seen of the Port Battles BLACK has participated in, its the exact same kind of Port Battles as SORRY participated in. 
Most of the Port Battles BLACK either have advantage in numbers or the enemy team is formed from 12 different clans and disorganized. 

Neither SORRY nor BLACK have fought the true Port Battle fleets of old. Those died out before SORRY/BLACK were formed. 

However the best RvR clans in history is, without a doubt (Having seen both the new and the old RvR clans fight) DAS, SLRN and RUS. 

The fighting changed. Old Clans held honor high and would go for the 25v25. BLACK, knowing the stories, is still yearning for those days.

The New Clans, BLACK, SORRY but also including SLRN, learned new rules.

Do not show up for fights you can not win. Or not fight them at all.

Don't put at risk where no gain can be made.

Make sure you get into fights on your terms, not equal terms.

2B16E4B65FDC6D23BA0E909CD14DED2D534EE395

So when you speak of SLRN, I presume you mean Old SLRN. I know for a fact New SLRN does not have honor anymore.

On 6/15/2016 at 7:43 AM, Skully said:

I do hope they keep the front line open at 10-12 and not fall for SLRN trickery allowing the whole west side falling back into slumbering EU times.

Subsequently put only in the bare minimum effort to advance the front.

3F29863620A26F50BAFCCE4A7441A797D96811F7

And it puzzles Ink to no end.

On 2/9/2017 at 11:15 AM, Ink said:

Hostility system was partially proposed by players and was supposed to bring people together in jolly cooperation vs other nations. But it did not. If there are more enemies than you have you don’t engage and enemies pve. same happens against you. Thus hostility points failed. We will try tweaking it one more time but we are very pessimistic about hostility points now.

6 hours ago, Skully said:

The fighting changed. Old Clans held honor high and would go for the 25v25. BLACK, knowing the stories, is still yearning for those days.

The New Clans, BLACK, SORRY but also including SLRN, learned new rules.

Do not show up for fights you can not win. Or not fight them at all.

Don't put at risk where no gain can be made.

Make sure you get into fights on your terms, not equal terms.

So when you speak of SLRN, I presume you mean Old SLRN. I know for a fact New SLRN does not have honor anymore.

And this is my point exactly. The newer RvR clans paint a cowardly picture of RvR, their skill lies more in avoiding the fight than in fighting the fights. To me that isn't proper RvR and does not constitute "Being the best RvR clan in NA History". Especially not when one takes into consideration that the clans of Old held equal amounts of territory as the new clan.
RvR has changed however, NA has changed, long ago NA entered a new era, the era where RvR is all about war of attrition, trickery and avoiding the enemy. A dull, boring and disappointing era in my opinion. 

Yes, i do indeed speak of the old SLRN. The veterans of NA will remember what "era" i speak of when i mention SLRN, DAS and RUS. 

4 hours ago, Rune said:

how fare back are you talking about because the RUS clan are still here

The early days of OW is what i speak of.
Again, people that weren't present back then will have a hard time understanding why clans like BLACK and SORRY would never be able to compete with the old port battle fleets.
However it is obvious to those that were around. 

50 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Could anyone provide some videos/screenshots of DAS Port Battles? As long as I see SLRN/RUS/RDNN in the hall of fame, I didn't hear much about DAS from the past.

I think there is a few youtube videos of DAS vs SLRN, DAS vs RUS and SLRN vs RUS. However i'm not sure.

• Like 5

i was there at aves with RUS against SLRN. best fights i have ever been in. we knew we wound win in the end because it would take alot more work for SLRN to bring new first rates then it would for us, i lost my first santi against them it was good times

• Like 2

On 8/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, TommyShelby said:

If we are talking since the beginning of OW. There is only 3 clans i can think of that really earned a nomination. 

SLRN, RUS, and DAS. (Not in a particular order). 

Why would i say one of the 3? Its simple really. In their "Prime" so to speak they did about 2-5 "Port Battles" (25v25 SoL Fights) a day. They fought like hell and a ton of different tactics were tried. 
This went on for something like 4-6 months. 

All 3 clans managed to capture large amounts of the map (Equal to the amounts that newer RvR clans such as SORRY managed.)
The difference being that SLRN, RUS and DAS fought hundreds of 25v25 SoL Battles against each other, each battle they became better and better. Truly battle hardened Port Battle fleets. The newer RvR clans however haven't fought a whole lot of 25v25 SoL Battles, and the ones they have fought have usually been against inexperienced, disorganized teams made up of several different clans. 

@manuva85 @Snoopy @freddykrueger66 @BABAY @SteelSandwich @Capt Bubbles @Konali89

sorry  was less experienced then you when we rekt your ass on usa cost for first time.  see ays battle where your fleet match our fleet and still you did manage to score 1 single kill.

TDA and co where a clan of ppl used to play na since alpha and you back then where one of top player in NA, yet you got obliterated by better lead but younger players. Who jumped into firstrates for first time.

Also all clan you nominated, 1) never conquered as much as we are, dont make up numbers. we got as clan almost half of entire map, while all this clan you mention at top they owned 20-30 ports. (we owned 122 at our peak) and they never conquered ports around an enemy capital and hold it on their own. as we did vs brit in both sorry usa timezone and eu timezone reincarnation.        

second they all last for 4 months then all died for never showup anymore with the ability to form up a full fleet,   thing SORRY did over and over and over, include in this last wipe where there was 3 nation able to form up a firstrate fleet, Sweden, Danemark, Spain, and SORRY. 

game is dead, you can be objective now, nobody give a damn anymore, and you see majority say SORRY even if they hated me or the clan. becouse is matematically impossible to say otherwise.

try me in albion o/  join http://exploited.gg  just got recently interviewd :P

Edited by Lord Vicious

On 8/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, Norfolk nChance said:

That’s too much of an open-ended question and totally subjective. This was one of the major gripes @monk33y had with Games Labs. We’ve had a good few years now of history and Lore if you like that’s not registered or made use of…

Look at this YouTube clip and EvE Lore and history is very visible and we should copy this over regions etc showing the RvR over time…

@monk33y really wanted something like this to show what [SORRY] achieve via an influence map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQOhZYRswc

Norfolk.

76 ports in 1 week you can see progress in some old  letter to the king episode  122 ports in total, taken by sorry in  1 single campaign from usa capital to entire gulf of mexico to tumbado, + all bahamas and majority of north cuba

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 8:02 AM, TommyShelby said:

Now, i'm not saying BLACK isn't good, i'm not saying SORRY weren't good.
What i am saying is that DAS, SLRN and RUS all fought 100's of Port Battles/25v25 battles each, against each other. All gaining experience and continously improving their tactics, communications and skill. They only fought equally organized teams and they did it all the time. 
The old clans simply put, had way more experience fighting well organized teams in equal fights. 

All this said, BLACK/SORRY could very well be/have been just as good in combat as those clans. However you haven't had, and might never have, the opportunity to prove that because of the changes made to the game since then. (1 Dura ships, no capturable AI, Expensive crafting etc etc.) 

Lol tommy you and your shotcoming in history revising.  first of all , sorry was able to form up a full firstrate fleet before das and rus. (april 2016)       first was SLRN then SORRY, then RUBLI.  so again you make up your own timeline  in a very wrong and biased wa,y probably becouse you where busy in charlestown realizing wich train just roll you over.

we defeated your entire tda clan almost mono fleet with ppl that started NA on release, while all of you got 1+year of NA ,all super veterans,  and you had exactly our same composition in Ays.

I understand you not wanna admit it, is humiliating that some new clan , better lead, spanked the self proclamed american elite, alpha players. but  your myth about us winning only becouse we had bigger ships  and vs noobs is pure horseshit.    Since we defeated you, back then with slrn you where the longest time-veteran best pvpers of na.

look video of ays   in case you need a memory refresh. 

Edited by Lord Vicious

On 10/9/2017 at 3:54 PM, TommyShelby said:

And this is my point exactly. The newer RvR clans paint a cowardly picture of RvR, their skill lies more in avoiding the fight than in fighting the fights. To me that isn't proper RvR and does not constitute "Being the best RvR clan in NA History". Especially not when one takes into consideration that the clans of Old held equal amounts of territory as the new clan.
RvR has changed however, NA has changed, long ago NA entered a new era, the era where RvR is all about war of attrition, trickery and avoiding the enemy. A dull, boring and disappointing era in my opinion. 

Yes, i do indeed speak of the old SLRN. The veterans of NA will remember what "era" i speak of when i mention SLRN, DAS and RUS. 

The early days of OW is what i speak of.
Again, people that weren't present back then will have a hard time understanding why clans like BLACK and SORRY would never be able to compete with the old port battle fleets.
However it is obvious to those that were around. 

I think there is a few youtube videos of DAS vs SLRN, DAS vs RUS and SLRN vs RUS. However i'm not sure.

Only clan i remember avoiding fights was tda when we went for usa 2 and you refused to showup  or brits hiding from 25 sorry parked in front of their capital with half jamaica in our hands

SORRY did hundreds of pb, challenging anyone, you and others where refusing, at every terms, and every time you forced to fight you got obliterated, as well the brits and we won battles vs equal fleets FLAWLESS with 0 losses thing slrn never did or das did.  

How the hello kitty you make up this bullshit? das rus slrn never went as clan vs an entire nation, let alone hold a port for weeks vs a nation, and if you look their battles was 90% of time a stupid messy brawl. never  e real tactic or coordination.

You romanticize this old clan , wich old they are not since slrn was existing for barely 3 weeks more then SORRY , and after 3 months of na they where no more able to form up a fleet up to now.

Even in this last wipe rus-das rdnn where unable to form up a full fleet on their own and for fight 25 sorry they needed sweden+brit help,   they even almost manage to lose a pb 25 vs 19. And our last incarnation not was even remotely as good as the first one

but most important tommy your opinion matter 0,  maths talk

sorry_tour.jpg

SORRY 99,6% pb won.  122ports owned at our peak,  75 port taken in 1 week.    none can match this not even black, and i would chose black over das or slrn any moment i see their video and the coordination was much better.

dunno if you say slrn also, i mean they existed for only 3 months really, and they got the most humiliating defeat i ever seen in na, 25 first loss for 0 kill vs rubli.

V6DeMO3.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious

1 hour ago, Lord Vicious said:

76 ports in 1 week you can see progress in some old  letter to the king episode  122 ports in total, taken by sorry in  1 single campaign from usa capital to entire gulf of mexico to tumbado, + all bahamas and majority of north cuba

https://youtu.be/6j1YXBfFimo?t=81

I remember it very well, because it wasn't SORRY that did the actual work. :lol:

What you did do though, was bring about your own downfall.

On 8/9/2016 at 8:38 AM, Skully said:
On 8/9/2016 at 4:02 AM, Snoggy said:

They're empty ports being capped by a few brits.

Don't be daft Snoggy.

We always have, and always will respect our allies including SORRY. But do not belittle the Free Empire of AUSFC.

And for that I thank you, because it led to the grandest story so far.

10 minutes ago, Skully said:

https://youtu.be/6j1YXBfFimo?t=81

I remember it very well, because it wasn't SORRY that did the actual work. :lol:

What you did do though, was bring about your own downfall.

And for that I thank you, because it led to the grandest story so far.

i think you should stop use drugs up to tumbado was us,

from tumbado to yucatan was ozzies then game died, not sorry

13 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

i think you should stop use drugs up to tumbado was us,

from tumbado to yucatan was ozzies then game died, not sorry

Ah yes, you are right. You had Conil and 4 more, while we held Tuspan and 8 more.

Apart from those, everything up north was yours ... until we actually moved in.