Game-Labs Forum

This land is my land - new game in development

admin

5 minutes ago, raskolnikoff said:

We've accidentally mentioned word "Indian", all our references always saying "Native American", we apologize for inconvenience 

Indeed, be aware this game is entering the " political correctness territory" defended by legions of social justice warriors. You'll neeed your own party of PR officers and lawyers to get out of there alive ;)  

Otherwise, this is an interesting concept. GL in this new project. 

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

Clearly looking like it takes place in the American Frontier west, so we will be playing as [one of?] the various plains tribes.

One of the first things that came into mind I'm rather excited for is the soundtrack and voice acting. i hope you plan for a lot of on-the-ground support for these, as authentic sounds and music would go a long way. (see Kisima Innitchuna)

As a single player game, will it be more of an open sandbox? Or story driven (or both?)

If sandbox, will we have a selection of tribes to choose from (apache, navajo, Lakota/Dakota, etc)

Edited by William the Drake

1 hour ago, manuva85 said:

So this game will try to compete with Read dead redemption 2? Good luck on that, I hope this time you wil keep it out of Early access and pubblish a fin ished game for change. Pics looks ok, like all pics does, untill you see it animated it showes nothing.

we are not competing with RDR2, we are making completely different game which shares setting with RDR2

• Like 3

There are few settings that blow my mind in a "rpg" setting but everything from the 1700's Indian Wars and later Great Plains expansion conflicts are one of them.

Will this be still around the 1850's or on the post civil-war "1876" Last Stand Hill / Sitting Bull setting ?

• Like 3

Native american themed game where the main character is native american!!! :o Will we be seeing any eastern native american tribes?(Shawnee, Iroquois, Cherokee, Creek, etc). Also similar question as The Red Duke, what time frame will this be set in?

2 hours ago, William the Drake said:

Clearly looking like it takes place in the American Frontier west, so we will be playing as [one of?] the various plains tribes.

One of the first things that came into mind I'm rather excited for is the soundtrack and voice acting. i hope you plan for a lot of on-the-ground support for these, as authentic sounds and music would go a long way. (see Kisima Innitchuna)

As a single player game, will it be more of an open sandbox? Or story driven (or both?)

If sandbox, will we have a selection of tribes to choose from (apache, navajo, Lakota/Dakota, etc)

Sorry missed your question.

The game takes place in the American Frontier, and you will be playing as a member of one the tribes

About soundtrack and voice acting - it's too early to give specific answer on this question, but thanks for pointing for something what we could possibly miss

It will be sandbox game with story

Answer to the last question will be given at a later stage of development

Thanks for a good set of questions!

• Like 1

Will this have any plans for multiplayer?

I can't deny that running down humans with my failfit (copper plating + speed rig) 5 slot horsie that I stole from the front of a tavern from another player who spent weeks grinding pve for it and riding into sunset looking for adventures has me intrigued.

So any plans for this day-zish human hunting simulator/survival in the wild west frontier setting or just strictly pve?

• Like 1

Awesome,

i take it that it should have acceptable historical accuracy if it's made by you, and open world is always welcome.

-Would it be possible to know what books and other sources are being used ?

Amusingly enough i am reading a book about native americans atm struggle for the land, native north american resistance to genocide, ecocide and colonization, it marked me that from the starts it says that native americans are not fighting for equal rights but for their rights as nations. Lakota woman was another great book. ( both modern books )

-Any support for mods?

-Any ethnologist helping with the accuracy?

-Any native americans having a say on the game?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard
added link

8 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Looks promising,  love that's it's not a first person perspective.

Would it matter to you if others have the option of first person?  It wouldn't affect your choice to use the option of 3rd person.

4 hours ago, karacho said:

I fear that you will ride your horse in the open world at incredible time accelerated speed...

NA required time acceleration because it is an MMO and we all share the same experience.  Most players are not patient enough to play in real time.   I wouldn't be totally surprised if there is some form of hurried travel or teleportation to appease those in a rush.   This Land will be single player only and hopefully the devs will allow an option for players to turn off the time compression so the AI is not racing around like speedy robots.

• Like 1