Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
PIerrick de Badas

Why combat mark should be not link to craft

Recommended Posts

Combat mark and more have been introduce ingame in the way to decrease the number of larges ships ingame and to put diversity into port battle fleet.

But

Since combat mark appears, port battle have still the same number and same quality of ship than before.

So combat mark are just decreasing the ability for a defeated fleet to fight again meaning more time will be needed to be able to fight back what decrease the aciton ingame what make peoiple boring and left the game.
So COmbat mark should be use for skill, paint and this kind of stuff and be out of permit in the way to authorize people to still be able to play and enjoy. We can accept that open sea ship may be valuable in mark as endemyin but the port battle ship,n the one deciding the rvr should be not concern with this thing as everyone will use the bet ship for pb and there is no way to bring surprises in an aga fleet. At least a decent rataed ship need to be CM free per rank. One good 4th rate for pb (aga), one good 1th rate for PB (victo)

TY

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

So combat mark are just decreasing the ability for a defeated fleet to fight again...

Yes. This is very much like the Counterstrike system, losers lose and gain nothing and winners win more money, effectively increasing their chance of another win [loop]

Never understood why this game became/is so popular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Combat mark and more have been introduce ingame in the way to decrease the number of larges ships ingame and to put diversity into port battle fleet.

But

Since combat mark appears, port battle have still the same number and same quality of ship than before.

So combat mark are just decreasing the ability for a defeated fleet to fight again meaning more time will be needed to be able to fight back what decrease the aciton ingame what make peoiple boring and left the game.
So COmbat mark should be use for skill, paint and this kind of stuff and be out of permit in the way to authorize people to still be able to play and enjoy. We can accept that open sea ship may be valuable in mark as endemyin but the port battle ship,n the one deciding the rvr should be not concern with this thing as everyone will use the bet ship for pb and there is no way to bring surprises in an aga fleet. At least a decent rataed ship need to be CM free per rank. One good 4th rate for pb (aga), one good 1th rate for PB (victo)

TY

Let me clear up a little miss perception here. Combat marks are the new version of "Rare woods" that was used before to limit the mass production of 1st rate ships. The RW idea was expanded to now include many favorite ships that have become the mainstay ships used for PvP and Port Battles. These marks can be generated ANYWHERE and can be freely traded and do not require transporting to a central location like other materials used in crafting. This means that you can have a port in the Gulf to run missions with to generate CM's and then switch to Charlston and hand the CM's to a crafter. A clan that adopts this idea as well as assisting in moving building materials to a centralized location will find it much easier to replace lost ships. The problem is attrition and replacing lost ships without getting mauled by a 25 ship battle group of 1st/2nd rate vessels. The current Battle group concept has introduced the tactic of being able to literally sit outside ANY port and target and engage any target of their choice without having to be concerned with the group being broken up into smaller skirmish battles. Battle Groups have made blockading a port very possible and fairly easy to do if you have the numbers. The local defenders would be required to gather heavy vessels just to attempt to rout the hostile force blockading the area. The issue here is that if all ships larger then 6th class have been destroyed it will take a very long time to build anything larger and with a blockading force then the chance to build a new fleet becomes impossible. Combat marks are fine towards the purchase of upgrades but I think they should not be used for crafting ships. Battle Groups is another thing that should be reexamined as once a faction has lost their primary and secondary battle fleets the group becomes very vulnerable to having their ship production possibly neutralized by blockade. Even if a group has multiple ship yard locations there still is the issue of moving supplies to the secondary build site. As far as I can tell Battle groups were created because some players were upset because slow moving ships that were part of a group being singled out and engaged apart from the rest of the fleet. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get around your CM problem but you need to think outside the box.

As one player said above, the CMs are just a new form of RW. They are meant to increase the presence of players at sea as well as slow down elite ship production.  Getting ships isn't a problem. Getting maxed out fully kitted PB ships is a problem. If your tactical strategy relies on maxed out fully kitted PB ships then maybe you need to devise new tactics.

The two biggest player driven problems in NA at the moment are players thinking only in terms of Trafalgar battles and players not thinking moves ahead.  RvR in NA is a chess match. The more you plan ahead the better you can do. I do not see any problems with the current system that ties CMs to crafting.  

Besides, if a nation just lost maxed out fully kitted PB ships to another nation then perhaps just getting them back into the exact same contest faster isn't likely to be a winning plan.

Edited by Bach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know why the have been introduce and we can all see it's not working. All pb of first rate are first ate only and all pb in 4th rate are agga only. The only difference is that before you can pb every 2 days and now nbation have to wait to be able to craft back their pb fleet. Between the 2 pb defeated nation is gatering cm by farming waht is boring and the winnong nation can kill the defeated nation what make the defeat nation more leaving or the winnong nation can fall back in sleep.

Rare ood were not good but not limited for winner or looser. Everyone could get them. CM are improving snowball problem, the more you win the more you win specially with reward broken system that don't give anything after hours of battle if you loose (don't sunk ennemy ships).

Cm decrease the action in waters decreasing PBN number, decreasing interest in game making people unable to get ships to fight and finanly leading people to leave the game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

building ships and doing battle must be separated 

discussed in many many topics.it needs an overhaul

officers , warehouses, trading , buildings , clans .

buildings and  clan warehouse

slots for buildings and xp

are all too connected to the same cm

i got xp points for traveling and they give me completely nothing (only an annoying bar when entering a port) for me it has no use at all

it needs a fix

or extension of some new mechanic

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

combat marks will remain for some time.

but we are going to adjust the prices and rewards in combat to reduce their effect. They indeed made some ships prohibitively expensive at current prices (cost of permit can reach 2mln at market prices). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

combat marks will remain for some time.

but we are going to adjust the prices and rewards in combat to reduce their effect. They indeed made some ships prohibitively expensive at current prices (cost of permit can reach 2mln at market prices). 

Errr... not exactly.

Cost of an Ocean permit= 525CM*10.000= 5.250.000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Errr... not exactly.

Cost of an Ocean permit= 525CM*10.000= 5.250.000

on average at average prices up to 2.5 mln indeed. but at some regions it will be higher.

this is going to be adjusted
pve mark rewards will be increased
income will also increase 
pvp bonus will be drastically increased both for xp and money to a last year levels.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

on average at average prices up to 2.5 mln indeed. but at some regions it will be higher.

this is going to be adjusted
pve mark rewards will be increased
income will also increase 
pvp bonus will be drastically increased both for xp and money to a last year levels.

Really appreciated because I cant afford to loose one right now. Thx.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

pvp bonus will be drastically increased both for xp and money to a last year levels.

Please keep in mind the level of faucet it becomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skully said:

Please keep in mind the level of faucet it becomes.

what we found is this
hardcore players will always find the ways to make millions
normal players suffer

increasing the faucet (that was cut) will not change anything for hardcore players, but will allow normal players with shorter available time to achieve things they want.
game should value player's time and we went in wrong direction in may

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

game should value player's time and we went in wrong direction in may

Will this include players who showed up for the fight but actually lost their ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, admin said:

what we found is this
hardcore players will always find the ways to make millions
normal players suffer

increasing the faucet (that was cut) will not change anything for hardcore players, but will allow normal players with shorter available time to achieve things they want.
game should value player's time and we went in wrong direction in may

But you forget the one big porblem and why folks are paying 10K a pop for them.  You increase the income folks will just keep increasing the price cause they are to lazy to grind the CM's out when all they have to do is trade things.   Some of the countracts by some folks out are multi millions when you start to add them all up and funny it's names we have never seen in OW or any battles or chat.   Awwwww the lovely issue with alts and it's not just one nation it's all nations.  Though if you make them more plentyfull for the casual to grind out than hope fully the prices will start to drop. I actually stop building ships for folks out side clan cause I keep hearing, "Oh thats way to much."  When I tell them how much the ship cost and majority if not half that is the cost for the Permits.   Also would be nice if we ccould exchange the victory Marks into combat marks.  I get three of those a week and have plenty stacks of ship permits on had that take them.  It's the permits that takes CM's I"m short on.  With that how is the victory mark thing going to be?  are we keeping that in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

what we found is this
hardcore players will always find the ways to make millions
normal players suffer

increasing the faucet (that was cut) will not change anything for hardcore players, but will allow normal players with shorter available time to achieve things they want.
game should value player's time and we went in wrong direction in may

This is greatest post I've seen in a long time!! Hardcore players WILL always find a way to succeed. People in clans will also (via the hardcore players in the clan). The casual player and solo players need market more like pre-may wipe. Thank you for this and get ready for player base to increase again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But you forget the one big porblem and why folks are paying 10K a pop for them.  You increase the income folks will just keep increasing the price

Hence a PvP battle should be zero-sum balanced with a relative large proportion going to the players who sink (mostly casuals).

38 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

The casual player and solo players need market more like pre-may wipe. Thank you for this and get ready for player base to increase again.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

on average at average prices up to 2.5 mln indeed. but at some regions it will be higher.

this is going to be adjusted
pve mark rewards will be increased
income will also increase 
pvp bonus will be drastically increased both for xp and money to a last year levels.

What could also be added to balance more the combat result is to receive rewards (gold, XP and CM) for enemy ships that were damaged, but not sunk. Even for lost PB's and fights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...