Game-Labs Forum
Skully

I'll show you hostility

On 8/29/2017 at 7:55 AM, Rebrall said:

@Skully what do you think if they hot fixed the current system (not that i want it to i hate it), one of the issues i have with the current system is the lack of fleet's around even @koltes said pirates had problem and made a thread about it, sorry back to my point

With flags you no longer depend on any AI fleet. If the enemy decides not to show up, it's over after 15 or 20 minutes.

Not perfect, but better then a 2 hour wait.

16 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I wonder if it would also create "piling-on" situations, where a nation is attacked in one region and then several other nations seize the opportunity to also begin attacking that nation's other regions because they can only hope to defend one region at a time. (Ideally attackers would themselves face attacks, but picking off the weak and wounded is more in line with human nature) 

Being outnumbered is simply a fact of life. Sooner or later you'll get overrun.

I proposed letting the Capital fall and thus letting a smaller Nation be absorbed into the bigger, but that hasn't got many proponents (yet :D).

1 hour ago, Skully said:

With flags you no longer depend on any AI fleet. If the enemy decides not to show up, it's over after 15 or 20 minutes.

Not perfect, but better then a 2 hour wait.

This with the regional OW PVP port wars would be a near perfect system of RVR.

No more grinding AI, no more single 25v25s

6 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

This with the regional OW PVP port wars

There are 3 regions in between KPR and Christiansted, yet 18 ports.

Regional might make conquest too fast as you could (in theory) steam through the regions in 3 days.

With ports you might skip some, but that leaves you with enemy strongholds in your waters. So rumbling through the individual ports would not be too fast of an operation.

41 minutes ago, Skully said:

Regional might make conquest too fast as you could (in theory) steam through the regions in 3 days.

With ports you might skip some, but that leaves you with enemy strongholds in your waters. So rumbling through the individual ports would not be too fast of an operation.

By regional I mean no single PB instance., just an area around the port. Sorry that was bad wording

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

By regional I mean no single PB instance., just an area around the port. Sorry that was bad wording

Given the age of your character I'll presume you haven't seen flag battles yet.

Yes, there is a PB at the end of a flag run, but the flag run in itself and the flag battles are quite a different affair.

31F3023CBF0D39CE06EED3A4061027D2455EA6B7

Because once I show hostility, people go fishing. :P

1 hour ago, Skully said:

If you use my suggestion, then capturing regions will also take longer, and it isn't all or nothing, there is more time to react/organize.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:22 PM, Eyesore said:

Only one flag per day can be used against a certain region?

This would eliminate other timeslots from such a fight and can thus be abused by alts.

Everybody knows where the fight is going to be, there are several chances to intercept, defend and counterattack, there is time to assemble a countergroup (be it: relocate ships, make alliances, etc.). It is in everybodies interest (both attacker and defender) to fight the next battles (to get full controle again for the defenders or to push on and advance for the attackers).

Even with the http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/14406-grander-port-battles-tomorrow/ people didn't show up (because they didn't want to). It can happen with a flag as well, but a single flag battle is over much quicker.

Defenders can try to kick the attackers out (they cannot craft/buy a flag while their enemy/attacker has an active flag against one of the other ports in the region, and vice versa?)

Again this has been abused in the past by alts.

It would make the fights/fronts move slower, it would be obvious to spot the dangerous areas (not for an hour or two, but for the next several days)

On 8/28/2017 at 7:23 PM, Skully said:

You win the port if the current battle is won and you did not lose any flag(/port) battle in the last 11 timeslots (or 24 hours) on that port

In the idea I put up, the actual flipping of a port would take 1 day (unless fought back and won). I think 1 day is more than enough for a single port.

Sure, it is far from perfect. What I wrote is not set in stone, adjustments need to be made. Ideas/suggestions will have to be combined and scrutinized (as you are already doing) until only the usefull parts remain.

But with the new proposals for clans and battlegroups and stuff, the alts will not be able to just pull a flag as easily as they did a year ago? (their are a few suggestions that flags can only be pulled by groups of people (again some compromize will need to be made out of several suggestions)). I also included the lordprotectors who can set attackable hours.

Even without flags (some other form of hostility-initiation, if alts cannot be countered) it makes fighting more along a 'front', more fixed, atleast for a week? What is the point of relocating to find out, people only fought over one port and then move to the other side of the map to capture another? (I'm sure it is great fun for the happy few involved, while the rest who are not in the loop are ALWAYS just bystanders. The point is to include/involve as many players as possible and give them an opportunity to participate (in all aspects of the game, rvr, pvp, screening, pb's, economy, whatever else).

The flipping of a port still takes only one day (I suggested a penalty on production, but maybe it can be whatever or no penalty). The difference is that when you want full control (denie acces to anyone else), you'd have to conquer the whole region (port by port and leave the defender with a home-advantage, the people that are only interested in PB's can still focus on the endfight for the regioncapital (where the stakes are really high), while for the smaller ports, smaller clans and even casuals can have more of a chance to fight in a PB (a loss is not the end of the region) and have more screeningopportunities).