Game-Labs Forum

New ships 2.0

Ok first of all, sorry for my last post, I didn't know about the time lines and about no more magic ship (I didn't know the flying Dutchman wasn't real)

RIGHT OFF TO A NEW START

So in the test bed we are seeing 3 new ships, The Wasa (not the Vasa version) and 2 more ships that I can't remember off by heart, but they are fairly decent ships, which I like. There is also a huge list of new ships that players want, but I would just like to see these ships coming in to the game. 

1: The Royal Sovereign (British) (first rate ship of the line)

2: Mars (British)

3: Sirius (British)

4: Duguay-troutin (French) (5th-2nd rate)

5:HMS supply (a nice traders vessel) (5th rate?)

6: Salisbury (50 guns) (4th rate)#

7: Zealand (64 guns) (4th rate)

8: Christian VIII (Danish) (80 guns) (3rd rate) 

9: HMS Holstein (British) (60 guns) (4th rate)

10: San Josef (Spanish) (110 guns) (1st rate)

11: This is an extreme ask, please take me seriously though, The Mary Rose, I know she is way out of the timeline, but does that make her a bad ship? No. A 91 gun which held 500 + crew making her a very stupid 2nd rate (amount of guns) but a fairly decent 3rd rate ship of the line (disadvantage at crew and weaker armament numerous guns, slow and a slow turner also keels a lot too) I know this will be a no, but I would love it if this ship was in the game.

12: HMS Trafalgar (British) (120 guns) (1st rate)

13: Princess of orange (Dutch) (70 guns) (3rd rate)

14: Caesar (British) (91 guns) (2nd rate)

15: Donegal (French) (74 guns) (3rd rate)

16: Chichester (British) (70 guns) (3rd rate)

17: HMS Gloire (1806 version)  (French) (36 guns) (5th rate)

All of these are really nice ships, they all existed in the timeline of the game. They are good ships, (the Sirius could be a really good 6th rate or a really bad 5th rate, its just about better than the Cerberus) 

Edited by pepsifreddie

10 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

We need more variety in third rates.

And instead of so many british ships we would welcome more vessels from other nations.

Mainly French, and Spanish.

I am tired of seeing Russian, Finnish, Dutch or Danish ships in a region that they never sailed to.

Duguay-Troutin makes sense, she's a french Third rate. As Intrepido mentioned, we are lacking in 3rd rates. 

Sirius is an interesting option, for us veterans of "The Mauritius Campaign" especially. She's supposed to be a fine-sailing 12pdr frigate if I recall from the books correctly :)

RIP Sirius 1795 - 1806 1920px-Grand_Port_mg6972.jpg

Edited by _Masterviolin

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

I am tired of seeing Russian, Finnish, Dutch or Danish ships in a region that they never sailed to.

May I ask why do the Dutch still have to this day then Willemstad, Curacoa, Fort Zoutman, Aruba and Oranjestad, Sint Eustatius to name a few Dutch cities. Not to mention the trading triangle we set up/part of for almost 400 years, Europa-Africa-America?

Edited by pietjenoob
  • Like 2

I would love to see Dutch ships ingame, they promised that they would come. The ships we have are not the biggest or famous but they packed a big punch, the 74 gun class of 1780's had a base loadout of 36, 24, 12 Dutch pdr as a normal loadout. 

The only ships that come close to a Dutch is the Chapman Indiaman (currently ingame) which is based of a Dutch Hekboot aka Hagboat, and the Yacht as a class 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

THERE are no DUTCH ships in the GAME 

and i can give you ten times a dozen dutch ships who sailed in the Caribbean

even the seven provincien 

and i do not want to see any british  ship or Spaniard AGAIN in this game

all made from rotten wood and shit

so my two cents

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

I can't let a thread like this go on without posting my usual contribution.

It would be overwhelmingly great to see a tribute to Venice and the huge impact the city had on shipbuilding, without Venetian innovations you would miss out on a huge swathe of important changes to shipbuilding techniques and development. My Favourite possible contribution is Fama, here she is. She would also add a lot to the somewhat stagnant 4th rate bundle we currently have, where Agamemnon is the only real choice. She would also take her rightful place as queen of frigates, allowing for some pretty devastating firepower but still having the fun of being speedy and agile.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

We need more variety in third rates.

And instead of so many british ships we would welcome more vessels from other nations.

I honestly think the Wasa/Vasa or what ever folks call it would make a better ship int he 3rd rate slot than she is as a 4th with her gun load out.  Having slightly less crew than the 3rd rates but a good heavy load out.  This keeps it out of 4th Rate port battles, but gives folks a stepping stone ships to fight in for the bigger ships.

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

What about the Xebec?   I still think they should make that a pirate only ship.....lol

8 hours ago, Hodo said:

Danish Virgin Islands.  Swedish Gustavia.  Dutch Williamsted.  Didn't sail to?  Nations were sailing all over the world.  US trader brigs would have been one of the most common sights to see on the ocean at this time period almost anywhere in the world and other nations would have had ships here and there.  True, I can't find Russian shipping directly to the game area, only to the UK, France, around the Baltic Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Pacific Ocean and to the Pacific Coast of North America, but the others would have been in the Caribbean (though where are you getting Finnish from??).  Now, you could say sol fleets weren't in the game area, and there you would be right.

Edited by Prater