Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

Recommended Posts

Guest
Just now, Rebrall said:

How will it ruin both servers?

Where is your proof?

If we have lord protector and clans own the ports not the nation just remember that your port can't  be flipped unless it's in your time zone, also you can set friendly clans so you can buddy up with a clan that can help you look after your port when you are not around.

 

so all this achieves is making the players play together more after all it is a MMO

Lord protector has been tested - every brit and american + their mother just set the timers for the US timezone. Proof? - I was there during the nightflips - most my mates only returned when the EU servers were locked and most left due to the insane grind. Proof?? - If global was such a grand idea why then is it lingering with only 115 players online?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Lord protector has been tested - every brit and american + their mother just set the timers for the US timezone. Proof? - I was there during the nightflips - most my mates only returned when the EU servers were locked and most left due to the insane grind. Proof?? - If global was such a grand idea why then is it lingering with only 115 players online?

Players with terrible attitudes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Rebrall said:

Players with terrible attitudes 

right.. because americans are so much worse than europeans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

proof

5 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Proof

Ergo, we are not ready yet for a server merge.

Edited by Skully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, admin said:

Neutral towns will have NPC defenses in port battle if they are attacked

Allow anybody to join on the defense?

As casuals and independents will have buildings there they may want to block a Clan from converting the Neutral Town to a National Town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@admin Is there an expected timeframe for release of the patch? and will it include the unity 5 engine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skully said:

Looking back, I saw willingness to fight a greater foe with greater numbers.

As you say BLACK can fight "no matter the numbers", yet BLACK insisted this needed to be "fixed".

Unbalanced fight, yes. Unfair, potentially. British sought the unfair advantage by tossing heaps of scrubs against a pro team.

Grand fighting, most definitely. And a hearty activity for all the mid-level captains (maybe not by rank, but definitely by real experience).

And thus I would say, it needs to be fixed again. The fix did not further either side's goals.

I admit we had some good fights out side the ones we got fights with and not just folks tagging and running and we told them bring a proper fleet and we will just fight out side and not inside and they get to keep the port.  As soon as the BR tag was fixed with new Fleet Groups they no longer fought us cause they couldn't beat us in the Port Battles. They honestly should of won PnP, Savannah and the attempt to retake George Town, we weren't expecting to win those fights.

I kinda felt bad for the guys throwing them selves at us cause at that time the Port Battles gave Conquest Marks to the winners so the guys that did nothing and sat in side the port battle got the rewards with none of the risk.  

11 minutes ago, Skully said:

Empowering the victor leads to the tidal wave problem. Maybe it should be mirrored, PvP rewards through PvE, PvE rewards through PvP.

First it would need to be defined what exactly are PvP, PvE and RvR rewards.

Yes the winners of a game or players that do the hard content should get the better rewards.  High Risk High rewards.  You want the cool kids toys you need to play the cool kids game or pay for it.  Just like any other MMO out there.  Hell many of them even lock epic gear from epic dungeons and PvP events to your player so you can't even trade them and the only way to get them is to be involved in the content.  While others allow you to trade as long as you don't activate them on your char and folks make killing off these goods with trade to players that don't want to grind out the gear.  Though with that there should be some cool PvE rewards too.

One thing is make those RvR/PvP rewards none combat rewards.  This would of been a great way to bring back paints.  Port battle winners got a Paint Chest.  PvP guys can turn in PvP points for Pain Chest at chance of random paints.   A few ships would been good too, not the Heavy Rattler cause it's very key for Shallow water port battles.  Though Niagara is an ow PvP ship, that would be a great reward for those points.  The Ingermanland and Wapen isn't key in port battles since the meta is Aggy's and a few connies.  So that could of been another.

The other thing they could make the book drops remain RNG drops for PvE guys, but you can also buy them with your PvP/RvR marks. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Yeah yeah... Probably the ONLY reason... Come on, we arent fools.

Well actually as the clan that generally got "night flipped" do you hear me complaining nope, but why would I want to set the time for defense out side of oceanic TZ,

 

if you are to set a TZ limit just remember it's a clan based defense now not NATIONAL so just bare that in mind,

and if you want to know many reasons why global has issues got to the post by Simon cadet in global news and read my post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

@admin Is there an expected timeframe for release of the patch? and will it include the unity 5 engine?

Yah cause if we are going have to wait another 5 months for this patch while the server is dead like last time we had to wait 4-5 months your going to loose more and more players and I don't think this will be able to get them back.   

We are all ready getting the, "NO reason to RvR the map going to get wiped any way."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Rebrall said:

Well actually as the clan that generally got "night flipped" do you hear me complaining nope, but why would I want to set the time for defense out side of oceanic TZ,

 

if you are to set a TZ limit just remember it's a clan based defense now not NATIONAL so just bare that in mind,

and if you want to know many reasons why global has issues got to the post by Simon cadet in global news and read my post 

funny cuz' I never saw u in a nightflip.. not on EU anyway..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, admin said:

Sweden very very very hard (only 1 uncapturable port)

With uncapturable ports I think switching Nations should be relatively easy. A ship can be sunk, a ship can be surrendered, an uncapturable Capital has just proven to be a troll factory (for both sides).

On 8/19/2017 at 9:11 AM, Skully said:

The game allows you to hide behind mechanics. A Nation needs to be able to fall else we'll never see players giving it their utmost to defend it. The current winning move is: do nothing and troll.

It is broken. It must be fixed.

We must define a winning move (which can be countered). Shielded Capitals lead to attrition. Yes, preferred to another Nation, but more commonly quitting the game.

I still think the fall of a Capital is the best game move. It will not be liked, but it'll lead to scrubs entering a powerful Nation. So on the long run it is to protect the scrubs.

(Nations could always rebuild out of Neutral Towns.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still don't get what the motivation is to sail into the center and to capture ports. 

Do I need taxes? No

Do I need my own port? No

Will I do it for resources? I think most resources will be distributed at the outer circle ports. Otherwise it wouldn't be causal friendly. 

Will the center be crowded? No

Where will I find pvp? At the outer circle.

Does it make sense for me to sail into the center? No

What I think the center will be. After a short time the center will be a gosttown with just a handful of clans that think dots matter.

So why should I leave capital areas? Because of reinforcement? I can ignore them and kill the player.

Is there a fix for new players being harassed by old players? No

I was told we need changes that new players stay in-game but still cant see why it should be different after these changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@Bearwall

I'm not seeing the negatives of lord protectors... Maybe I'm missing something?

  • EU Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets timer in their prime time to be able to fill the PB.
    • Sets the timer outside the prime time with an allied US/AUS clan to defend the port.
  • US/AUS Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets the timer in their prime time.
    • Sets the timer outside the prime time with allied EU clans to defend it.

This doesn't seem so bad... If you're the attacker, maybe sometimes you'll have to attack outside your prime time, but if you win you can change the port to your time zone.

Also, if an EU clan sets US/AUS timers without enough players in that timezone to defend it, they wont last long...

I'd love to hear your specific issues with this system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Maybe the number of people that do pvp daily has fallen drastically over the last year or so. 

Just maybe have the PvP'ers gotten tired of changes turning NA's focus from PvP, to Trading, Crafting and PvE?

Just a thought. :)

PVE content has to be the highest priority after this as its for all players. simple as that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

funny cuz' I never saw u in a nightflip.. not on EU anyway..

I'm talking about global and most of the PB's that happen'ed i could not make a fair few cause the time the were set at but

I'm not gonna complain about it though cause it's a global server.

My issue with the EU getting up tight is its based on previous problems that have happen'ed "living in the past"

but your missing my point its not a nationally held port now its a clan held port which could mean all the difference your clan will set times that suit your clan and with the friendly clan

option you can now have better protection. 

You need to stop with flat out NO!

Maybe there is a work around or improvement that could work for us all, maybe Lord protectors have 3 set timers available such as(this is server times fyi) 10am-12pm would be oceanic PB time, 3pm - 5 pm would be US PB timer, 8pm - 10pm would be EU PB time, this is just an example,

 

with the current player base we have very little options right now and curious how is the EU server going not to flash either  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, EliteDelta said:

@Bearwall

I'm not seeing the negatives of lord protectors... Maybe I'm missing something?

  • EU Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets timer in their prime time to be able to fill the PB.
    • Sets the timer outside the prime time with an allied US/AUS clan to defend the port.
  • US/AUS Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets the timer in their prime time.
    • Sets the timer outside the prime time with allied EU clans to defend it.

This doesn't seem so bad... If you're the attacker, maybe sometimes you'll have to attack outside your prime time, but if you win you can change the port to your time zone.

Also, if an EU clan sets US/AUS timers without enough players in that timezone to defend it, they wont last long...

I'd love to hear your specific issues with this system. 

Right.. because as we saw when we had lord protection system the english and the us worked together leaving all non-english speaking clans/faction (wether we call them clans, nations, fleets doesn't really matter imo) to be either nightflipped or only able to attack in the weekends.. As I see it it is no better than the nightflips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

@Bearwall

I'm not seeing the negatives of lord protectors... Maybe I'm missing something?

  • EU Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets timer in their prime time to be able to fill the PB.
    • Sets the timer outside the prime time with an allied US/AUS clan to defend the port.
  • US/AUS Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets the timer in their prime time.
    • Sets the timer outside the prime time with allied EU clans to defend it.

This doesn't seem so bad... If you're the attacker, maybe sometimes you'll have to attack outside your prime time, but if you win you can change the port to your time zone.

Also, if an EU clan sets US/AUS timers without enough players in that timezone to defend it, they wont last long...

I'd love to hear your specific issues with this system. 

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Rebrall said:

I'm talking about global and most of the PB's that happen'ed i could not make a fair few cause the time the were set at but

I'm not gonna complain about it though cause it's a global server.

My issue with the EU getting up tight is its based on previous problems that have happen'ed "living in the past"

but your missing my point its not a nationally held port now its a clan held port which could mean all the difference your clan will set times that suit your clan and with the friendly clan

option you can now have better protection. 

You need to stop with flat out NO!

Maybe there is a work around or improvement that could work for us all, maybe Lord protectors have 3 set timers available such as(this is server times fyi) 10am-12pm would be oceanic PB time, 3pm - 5 pm would be US PB timer, 8pm - 10pm would be EU PB time, this is just an example,

 

with the current player base we have very little options right now and curious how is the EU server going not to flash either  

That's the beauty of the current servers - you can CHOOSE a global server or you can CHOOSE a EU server. If global was such a great idea I'm sure ppl would have opted for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 8:01 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I kinda felt bad for the guys throwing them selves at us cause at that time the Port Battles gave Conquest Marks to the winners so the guys that did nothing and sat in side the port battle got the rewards with none of the risk.  

Yes the winners of a game or players that do the hard content should get the better rewards.

https://youtu.be/b4CPyGmu9H0?t=769 - Naval Action : A Letter to the King - Episode 68, The Second Battle of Port-au-Prince

Aren't the winners, the ones who provide @Jeheil with a good story? In my mind that is good content.

And here I invoke the beloved virtue of @adminAequitas. For the game to be fair, all good activities must be rewarded. Even getting a ship sunk.

Edited by Skully
where did the big video thumb go? :)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bearwall said:

That's the beauty of the current servers - you can CHOOSE a global server or you can CHOOSE a EU server. If global was such a great idea I'm sure ppl would have opted for that.

i have no problem with regional servers but we need a hell of alot more players then we currently have to make it work and at current we have very little you need to consider this right now

or the game will never reach realise if we had over 20-30k players there has to be regional servers and you and i would not be having this conversation i would be on your side 

4 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Right.. because as we saw when we had lord protection system the english and the us worked together leaving all non-english speaking clans/faction (wether we call them clans, nations, fleets doesn't really matter imo) to be either nightflipped or only able to attack in the weekends.. As I see it it is no better than the nightflips.

i really don't see how there can be night flips with a system were the clan has the port not the nation and if you are so worried about it become friends with a clan outside of your prime time so they can look after your port,

reason i can see this is cause there will be so many of us making sure our own port is looked after we will not have time for flipping others outside of there tz  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admiral,

this sounds really good. I'll wait impatiently to test all the changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skully said:

Aren't the winners, the ones who provide @Jeheil with a good story? In my mind that is good content.

And here I invoke the beloved virtue of @adminAequitas. For the game to be fair, all good activities must be rewarded. Even getting a ship sunk.

on this point thank you @Skully we need to utilise people like @Jeheil to get this game out there and at current there is very little positivity in the game to report and get new players hooked :P  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

Right.. because as we saw when we had lord protection system the english and the us worked together leaving all non-english speaking clans/faction (wether we call them clans, nations, fleets doesn't really matter imo) to be either nightflipped or only able to attack in the weekends.. As I see it it is no better than the nightflips.

Here's where I'm confused. You can't be night flipped unless you choose to set a timer outside your prime time. 

Yes some enemies could set timers in timezones that are inconvenient for you, but just choose other targets?

Also, we will be getting much more clearly defined borders, as admin said hostility missions can't be set across the map, you need to be in a nearby port to set one. 

 

The US/AUS clans wont be able to attack you, and you wont be able to attack them, without getting up early/staying up late. However, most clans are EU, so they will set times that you can attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Rebrall said:

i have no problem with regional servers but we need a hell of alot more players then we currently have to make it work and at current we have very little you need to consider this right now

or the game will never reach realise if we had over 20-30k players there has to be regional servers and you and i would not be having this conversation i would be on your side 

i really don't see how there can be night flips with a system were the clan has the port not the nation and if you are so worried about it become friends with a clan outside of your prime time so they can look after your port,

reason i can see this is cause there will be so many of us making sure our own port is looked after we will not have time for flipping others outside of there tz  

first off - you won't get more players by merging the servers you'll just loose most of the europeans - we saw that during the nightflips. Secondly if global was such a great idea that server would be the currently largest server - it is not. Global on EU was tested - it failed miserably. Problems on the global server is that it will never work with a global server - end of discussion. It has all been tested before and there are currently no viable solution to the nightflips - despite MONTHS of discussions. If you should come up with a solution please make a thread in the proper suggestion box - do try to read the few hundred threads there are on the subject already though. In the mean time - I don't care about the depopulation on the global - I warned about it beforehand and for some reason all the mistakes of the old was tried anew. Global as an idea is deadborn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

@Bearwall

I'm not seeing the negatives of lord protectors... Maybe I'm missing something?

  • EU Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets timer in their prime time to be able to fill the PB.
    • Sets all the timer outside the prime time with an allied US/AUS clan to defend the port.
  • US/AUS Clan - Has two options:
    • Sets the timer in their prime time.
    • Sets the timer outside the prime time with allied EU clans to defend it.

This doesn't seem so bad... If you're the attacker, maybe sometimes you'll have to attack outside your prime time, but if you win you can change the port to your time zone.

Also, if an EU clan sets US/AUS timers without enough players in that timezone to defend it, they wont last long...

I'd love to hear your specific issues with this system. 

I fixed it for you. AUS & US will essentially be blocked and EU will complain to AUS they can't attack anything.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...