Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

1 hour ago, admin said:

• War supplies will be abandoned
    • Regions will be split into individual towns. Nations will conquer individual cities. 
      • Because regions will be removed from hostility (but will remain for historical purposes)
      • Hostility will now be raised using hostility missions or pvp or pvp in missions, (that will come back)
        • Missions will only spawn in a certain radius near the town
        • These missions will be open for all 1.5 hours so both defenders and attackers can react and come to the rescue
      • We can set mission distance from the port so nations expand their territory gradually (not jumping directly into the backyards of their enemies

Do I understand this right: So you are not able to do hostility missions if the port is somewhere further away from your own countries homewaters?

• New taxation feature
    • Nations will tax all transactions that are using money done through (Stamp tax)
      • Private Trade
      • Contracts (they are already taxed)
      • Public trade using the stores
      • Ship transactions
    • Barter transactions will not be taxed
    • Crafting and resource gathering will not be taxed

Is the clan warehouse bank system (so transacting money from your purse to the clan) also included?

1 hour ago, admin said:
    • All free towns will turn into neutral towns with the exception of 
      • El Rancho
      • Tumbado
      • Shroud Cay
      • La Tortue
      • La Mona
      • Aves
      • Dariena
      • Guayaguayare
      • Neutral towns will allow pirate entry
      • Neutral towns will allow normal teleports and building construction
      • This means if nation A does not like free town there - they can capture it and turn into a national city
      • And vice versa. If another clan does want a free town there - they can capture it and turn back to a neutral town (new freetown)

Last time I checked, Aves had been no free town. Do you want to make Aves a free town?

39 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I wish you would Say stuff like this more often

That and along with actual numbers of each nation would be nice like they did before the patch was announce.  I'm so sick of folks saying Pirates is the largest nation on GLOBAL.  NO WE ARE NOT.  We prob have a little more numbers than we had pre-patch, but I bet you it still stands about the same as this, but with US and GB flipping rolls as GB got a lot of PvP EU clans added to there numbers.  PIRATES GOT ZERO.   Most of our new numbers are from returning players that left a long time ago are actually new players with a few clans flipping over after been sick of GB/US being so toxic and unorganized in nation it drives them away.  Something like this would be nice before this patch drops and every one getting another set of Forged papers so that we can properly try to maybe balance some of the other nations out a bit more even like than they have been.

dFbC8bb.png

15 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I like that, always thought wars should be fought on fronts. 

In modern times you rarely see home front wars cause who wants to go to war with there good neighbors?  So I say yes and no, but this would only hurt small nations and small starting nations as they can only branch out from there capital and not venture out to set up there own clan/nation base some where away.  The part that sucked about the old flag system is you had to leave frog ports to to an enemy on the other side of the map. If you don't allow this we will never see any fighting again.  You will have US and GB not fighting each other and every one fighting pirates as we are the only nation that has pretty much a region next to all the other big nations.

11 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

I never saw this as a game of fair fights.  I see it as a strategic game of getting into a fight in your favor.

Not unlike a lot of war games, you win by bringing more power to one point than the other side.

As far as unfair fights... then why do people take traders in war ships?   That is the essence of unfair.

Hmmm and why exactly you have problems with Pirates?  We did exactly what you just explain the game about and we did it with less numbers while fighting the two largest nations.....organization and team work goes a long way.   This game isn't about fair fights. It's called NAVAL ACTION cause it's about doing things.  You know taking actions and actually fighting.  This involves all things PvE, PvP, and RvR aspects of the game.

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

1. We need a map of non-capturable ports. Also what about the idea of rare resources in the middle of the map, RvR area? No rare resources in safe, non-capturable areas? This would be handy so if we know this patch is going to be in a few weeks folks can get stuff moved or ready.  If it's going to take months than let us know.  The game is all ready dropped pop right now cause every one expects a patch/wipe or regions so why fight?  Patch announcements all ways kills the numbers.

2. What will happen to outposts, assets in outposts, ships, shipyards, workshops, buildings etc. (refunded, moved to redeemables?) I hope refund/redeemables as I would want to put things in new locations once we know what the new map will look like.

3. "Barter transactions will not be taxed" - so it means if I trade my cow for a goat, that transaction won't be taxed? Not sure if that's a good idea, will be a bypass for paying taxes, almost like going back to the Stone Age. This got me confused as they mention player vs player will be. I think it sounds like if I pay you money for goods it will get taxed but if I trade goods for goods it won't. I don't think any player to player transactions should be taxed period.  

4. "Maintenance will be calculated based on the city tax level but will not be lower than X (for example 500k per day)" - I hope this example is highly exaggerated. If port maintenance will be very high, most of the ports will remain neutral. We will have to see what the amount is, 500K a day can be a bit expensive for a small clan that isn't as active or even for a big clan.  It depends how much your tax collected pays towards your maintenance and so forth. I know on POTBS we raised taxes high on none main econ ports an lowered them to almost nothing at Havana where my clan was based out of and did all it's trade.  This supported a better nation having major trade hubs like this.

5. Ship knowledge grind? Still needs to be tweeked so the 2-3 level mark can be easly gain through missions/PvP, but slot 4/5 should be the one that takes a while.   Though it's insane on anything 4th rate to SOL once you pass the first 2 slots.

6. Books / Mods PvE grind, RNG-only exclusive drops? Copper Ore as a resource? Why not put all books and mods to admiralty? The better rewards should never be in PvE grind, it should be the basic rewards. The better rewards should be in the PvP or other means through the Admiralty store for example.  I mean keep them random drops, but allow us that PvP to buy them with our PvP marks or what ever the new RvR Victory/Conquest thing will be.

7. Why we stay with hostility PvE grind system?

I assume you can still do PvP, but you have to have a means to get hostility or folks will use the age old tactic of not showing up to prevent a fight.  If it was based off PvP only than if some one didn't wish to have a port battle than all they had to do is never show up in the OW of that area.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

And I really think you should have the hard choice to remove some nations. The playerbase is too splitted.

But they need to do it proper, I know EU complain saying that if they make combine Dutch/Dane/Swedes into one nation.  What they should do is give a proper count of all nations and numbers.  Combine those into one so we only have Dutch/GB/France/Pirates/Spain/US.  Give all members of the Danes and Swedes a chance to roll there chars over to a new nation before patch (every one should get forged papers any way before the patch) or they will have to create a new char with redeemables.   That will allow those nations to pick other nations and balance out the servers a bit more.   Though the thing is they need to give us players the tools to do this.

19 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hmmm and why exactly you have problems with Pirates?  We did exactly what you just explain the game about and we did it with less numbers while fighting the two largest nations.....organization and team work goes a long way.   This game isn't about fair fights. It's called NAVAL ACTION cause it's about doing things.  You know taking actions and actually fighting.  This involves all things PvE, PvP, and RvR aspects of the game.

National tactics are a different topic from individual fights.  Just like ship to ship balancing provides the context of how we fight skirmishes.  I have been pointing out that certain actions at the national level are having a negative impact on player retention given the state of the game right now.  Actions that are unnecessary.  But if you want to continue, please repeat what you have done in the past and we will see where the game ends up in a month or so.

How was the player count this weekend?

3 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

This is a result of this long discussion

We would like to present the final review of the coming features in general (some of which are partially on testbed). 

• Economy tuning
    • Number of trips required for crafting will be drastically reduced
    • Ship prices will be adapted to better suit older costs that included durabilities
    • Combat marks permits and skill book prices will be adapted but some ships will remain rare and expensive
    • Trading resources placement will be improved and demand and supply volumes adapted for new system
  • Hostility and map rework
    • All ports will be split into capturable and non-capturable - the amount of ports will represent gameplay difficulty on these original difficulty levels
      • Spain easy
      • Britain easy
      • USA easy
      • France medium
      • Netherlands medium
      • Pirates hard 
      • Denmark hard (only 3 uncapturable ports)
      • Sweden very very very hard (only 1 uncapturable port)
    • Conquest will remain national - but will be ran by clans
      • Clans gain hostility for the nation
      • But rights to entry to port battle is decided only by clan who has highest hostility points for that port (only that clan and his allied clans will be able to enter) 
    • War supplies will be abandoned
    • Regions will be split into individual towns. Nations will conquer individual cities. 
      • Because regions will be removed from hostility (but will remain for historical purposes)
      • Hostility will now be raised using hostility missions or pvp or pvp in missions, (that will come back)
        • Missions will only spawn in a certain radius near the town
        • These missions will be open for all 1.5 hours so both defenders and attackers can react and come to the rescue
      • We can set mission distance from the port so nations expand their territory gradually (not jumping directly into the backyards of their enemies). 
    • All capturable ports will be set as neutral during map reset (we could set them as historical national, but we wanted to give players an option to move resources out if they happened to move there). 
    • Neutral towns will have NPC defenses in port battle if they are attacked
    • Because we will no longer need hostility related bots all OW bots can set into traders and occasional combat privateers who will attack players and enter battles from time to time (as before)
    • We will remove rarer ships from missions and will add them to Open world fleets to encourage hunting. 
  • Clan/Guild partial alliances
    • Clan can allow entry to port battles to other clan by setting a friendly status in the clan management interface. 
    • Only clans set as friendly to the port battle creator will be able to enter port battles. 
  • New taxation feature
    • Nations will tax all transactions that are using money done through (Stamp tax)
      • Private Trade
      • Contracts (they are already taxed)
      • Public trade using the stores
      • Ship transactions
    • Barter transactions will not be taxed
    • Crafting and resource gathering will not be taxed
  • New town management features
    • Clans will be able to set taxes in the city they control but not higher than the government level
    • Clans will be able to set lower taxes up to 0
    • Tax will be paid to clan if clan controls the port (directly to clan warehouse)
    • Clans will be able to set controllable city neutral or national
    • Clans will be able purchase trading outpost in the city increasing the volume of trading resources sold or bought in the town
      • under consideration - clans will be able to set reinforcement level for their city
      • under consideration - clans will be able to set the time they can be attacked on (like the old lord protector role) but this will cost money this time.
    • Clans will have to pay maintenance for cities they control
      • Maintenance will automatically be paid 
      • Maintenance will be calculated based on the city tax level but will not be lower than X (for example 500k per day)
      • If maintenance is not paid the city will turn back to neutral
    • If clan does not wish to control that city anymore 
  • No country for old men  Reinforcements and new players protection program
    • All free towns will turn into neutral towns with the exception of 
      • El Rancho
      • Tumbado
      • Shroud Cay
      • La Tortue
      • La Mona
      • Aves
      • Dariena
      • Guayaguayare
      • This means if nation A does not like free town there - they can capture it and turn into a national city
      • And vice versa. If another clan does want a free town there - they can capture it and turn back to a neutral town (new freetown)
    • All uncapturable major regions will provide protection to players of their nation (minor regions and all other towns will not provide this protection)
      • If the player is attacked in that region he will be able to call to heavy reinforcements that will spawn within 500m of the player with the only goal - get his enemies to the bottom of the sea. 
      • Reinforcement fleets will be sufficiently buffed to both defend a player and not let the enemy escape.
      • Skilled captains will of course be able to sink the person who they attack (if they bring good numbers) but they will sink too giving some closure to the defender if he sank.

In general this is the gist.

sjDF4scm.jpg

Discuss and ask questions

I have read this around 10times and every time I do I have more questions. So to start I really believe this is the start of a better path for navel action,

I still think you need more content for the game to encourage more OW play, such examples are,

instead of player created pvp tournaments why not have a daily one, were kills in certain zones or specific areas get you points much like the lost fleet we have now so the areas move around and give some engaging rewards like paints,custom bow-figures maybe even dyed sail cloth to change the colour of your sails is this possible?

Maybe create some pve content such as the Spanish have blockaded a British port for example and we have to send fleets into free them, creating massive battles with a reward for those involved or smuggle in resources to that port to involve everyone, as a reward they don't pay tax for x amount of time or the crown pays them a reward for there work again is this possible?

Also could you be more time zone conscious cause at current I have never seen a lost fleet turn up on the map during oceanic time zone I could be wrong how ever,

Are you going to do something with the crafting? only earning xp for building ships or doing delivery missions is a pain and counter productive some times, I'm not asking it to be easier but have more options giving us versatile options in game.

I see in the captains chest there is a spot for trade pvp combat marks and victory marks (yes they have been there a while) is this a sign you are working on some specific rewards for specific marks for us to encourage us to do more than sale war ships around and push into more OW activity? If you are that would be great sorry for lots of questions @admin I probably have a heap more so watch out 😁

Edited by Rebrall

43 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

National tactics are a different topic from individual fights.  Just like ship to ship balancing provides the context of how we fight skirmishes.  I have been pointing out that certain actions at the national level are having a negative impact on player retention given the state of the game right now.  Actions that are unnecessary.  But if you want to continue, please repeat what you have done in the past and we will see where the game ends up in a month or so.

How was the player count this weekend?

How are they different a fight is a fight no matter if it's 1 vs 1 or 25 vs 25?   The actions of a nations is more the actions of the nations own that are the problem.  Have you ever thought that doing the same thing over and over isn't working for your nation?   Giving up and going afk until some one gets bored and stop playing isn't how you win wars.  Why should we change our actions when we are winning?  Shouldn't it be the nation that keeps loosing that changes there actions if the said actions aren't working for them?  Specially when the winning Nation are giving them advice as to how to become better players and win fights?  I see folks blame others all the time for why they loose fights.  That is the problem, they need to open there eyes and ask, "How come the other guy is winning all the time."  Stop trying to blame every thing on Alts, Expliots and bad mechanics cause tell me exactly how US lost the port Battle today?  They set the port battle at there time and day and brought the ships they brought.  All we did was showed up to defend.  The problem is you have the same unorganized and toxic players leading over and over and refusing to make a change or listen to others. 

When I ask folks why they leave one nation to come to another and yes we ask this all the time when clans and players leave other Nations and come to Pirates. "Why did you leave?"   You want to know the number one answer we hear every time and it's pretty much the same answer I told them when I was asked the same thing over a year a go when I went Pirate.  "No one is organized, they are toxic to new players and they refuse to work together and listen to any one else that wants to do something that isn't the same thing they been doing over and over and not working."  Ask any of the guys that have left since patch or before it.   They will pretty much tell you that exact same thing.  The number two answer I hear and this is normally when we are down to one or two ports our selves and they come over to Pirates is, "Cause no one is fighting any one, all they do is sit in port or do trade runs."   Folks want fights, by avoiding them you get players bored and they stop playing cause nothing is happening. This is actually how our numbers drop when we get bored and nothing is going on, but soon as there is action we call out and those guys come back.  So the do nothing thing is not working as a means to win  fights.

The problem is players wanting to only win when they have odds and not try to win when they don't.  I hear all the time from other nations, "Well we will just stop playing and go do something else."  This is now how you win, this is how you loose.   They other think is they say such and such used exploits and bad mechanics, but once those are fixed or removed and they have the same results what is there excuse than?  That one nation is winning they should change how they win when it works so that a lazy nation that refuse to work together can have a chance?   All the while the loosing nation keeps attacking the same target and bringing crappy fleets during off times expecting to win?   No the problem is the actions  not the game.  You fix those actionis and I bet you the game will be much better and you will keep more players around.

This is now my new favorite post of Admin.....

2 hours ago, admin said:

You were brainwashed by haters mate. Alts infestations were invented by players to explain their inability to win port battles. There are alts for sure but the problem is drastically overrated.

2000 unique logins. 75 unique players in combat news channel. Even if there are 200 alts. what are the rest 1700 players doing? Definitely not pvp. 

I know that this game isn't all about PvP/RvR and I want things for folks to do, but don't blame the PvP/RvR guys when the rest of you refuse to fight or avoid other things of the game.  With this patch they will have there happy places it seems  or a larger safe zone, but this will hopefully encourage more clans to do there own thing instead of just expecting the nation to do it for them.  If they want ports and resources than they will have to go get it for them selves.  I mean those 1700 other players got to be doing something.

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

How are they different a fight is a fight no matter if it's 1 vs 1 or 25 vs 25?   The actions of a nations is more the actions of the nations own that are the problem.  Have you ever thought that doing the same thing over and over isn't working for your nation?   Giving up and going afk until some one gets bored and stop playing isn't how you win wars.  Why should we change our actions when we are winning?  Shouldn't it be the nation that keeps loosing that changes there actions if the said actions aren't working for them?  Specially when the winning Nation are giving them advice as to how to become better players and win fights?  I see folks blame others all the time for why they loose fights.  That is the problem, they need to open there eyes and ask, "How come the other guy is winning all the time."  Stop trying to blame every thing on Alts, Expliots and bad mechanics cause tell me exactly how US lost the port Battle today?  They set the port battle at there time and day and brought the ships they brought.  All we did was showed up to defend.  The problem is you have the same unorganized and toxic players leading over and over and refusing to make a change or listen to others. 

When I ask folks why they leave one nation to come to another and yes we ask this all the time when clans and players leave other Nations and come to Pirates. "Why did you leave?"   You want to know the number one answer we hear every time and it's pretty much the same answer I told them when I was asked the same thing over a year a go when I went Pirate.  "No one is organized, they are toxic to new players and they refuse to work together and listen to any one else that wants to do something that isn't the same thing they been doing over and over and not working."  Ask any of the guys that have left since patch or before it.   They will pretty much tell you that exact same thing.  The number two answer I hear and this is normally when we are down to one or two ports our selves and they come over to Pirates is, "Cause no one is fighting any one, all they do is sit in port or do trade runs."   Folks want fights, by avoiding them you get players bored and they stop playing cause nothing is happening. This is actually how our numbers drop when we get bored and nothing is going on, but soon as there is action we call out and those guys come back.  So the do nothing thing is not working as a means to win  fights.

The problem is players wanting to only win when they have odds and not try to win when they don't.  I hear all the time from other nations, "Well we will just stop playing and go do something else."  This is now how you win, this is how you loose.   They other think is they say such and such used exploits and bad mechanics, but once those are fixed or removed and they have the same results what is there excuse than?  That one nation is winning they should change how they win when it works so that a lazy nation that refuse to work together can have a chance?   All the while the loosing nation keeps attacking the same target and bringing crappy fleets during off times expecting to win?   No the problem is the actions  not the game.  You fix those actionis and I bet you the game will be much better and you will keep more players around.

This is now my new favorite post of Admin.....

I know that this game isn't all about PvP/RvR and I want things for folks to do, but don't blame the PvP/RvR guys when the rest of you refuse to fight or avoid other things of the game.  With this patch they will have there happy places it seems  or a larger safe zone, but this will hopefully encourage more clans to do there own thing instead of just expecting the nation to do it for them.  If they want ports and resources than they will have to go get it for them selves.  I mean those 1700 other players got to be doing something.

Any chance you could open another thread and tag those that want to talk about this there as it's a conversation about something else instead of the intended topic, not having a crack at you FYI it's just covering up a lot of the topic that's on a different tangent not sure how or why people got onto this conversation lol  you did bring up some very valid points and I think they are wasted here 

3 hours ago, admin said:
  • Economy tuning
    • Number of trips required for crafting will be drastically reduced
    • Ship prices will be adapted to better suit older costs that included durabilities
    • Combat marks permits and skill book prices will be adapted but some ships will remain rare and expensive
    • Trading resources placement will be improved and demand and supply volumes adapted for new system

Nice. More time for action less afk sailing.

3 hours ago, admin said:
    • Because we will no longer need hostility related bots all OW bots can set into traders and occasional combat privateers who will attack players and enter battles from time to time

This sucks. If I want to do PvE I do a pve mission.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Thats great, finally nations who dont have ports close to anything can search for PvP. Also less afk sailing more action.

4 hours ago, admin said:

• All ports will be split into capturable and non-capturable - the amount of ports will represent gameplay difficulty on these original difficulty levels

Good, it hopefully means the effective map for PvP players gets smaller and so its easier to find opponents. Ideal would be a hotspot in one region. Like a natural PvP zone.

3 hours ago, admin said:

why don't pvp players pvp each other? We tell them where they are exactly for that. But they group up for some reason and gank missions. Asking to move them out of green zone :)

In PvP zone you could see the enemy and decide: do I want to fight this guy? Is their group too big? If yes then you could just leave the area and they lost interest because they got no points outside the zone and just wasted their time which means they probably wont make it on the leaderboards.

Now if u get the notification you still know nothing. Is this guy alone? What ship is he in? Does he want to fight or will he jsut run because he is out of repairs? Is he going to the next port to go offline? Too many factors, its not worth the time. Its much qiocker to just go infront of any capital and hope for a fight you can win and not a 25 man ganking home defense squad.

Also PvP dont gives enough XP.

Also multiple repairs are boring like others said already.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, admin said:

You were brainwashed by haters mate. Alts infestations were invented by players to explain their inability to win port battles. There are alts for sure but the problem is drastically overrated.

2000 unique logins. 75 unique players in combat news channel. Even if there are 200 alts. what are the rest 1700 players doing? Definitely not pvp. 

then make this game for the PVE players and for the RVR players. drive the nail in coffin. disable open world pvp and make this game about the port battles. tell you 75 players that enjoy pvp that their game is in closed testing and they are welcome to try it out. both RVR and PVE players hate PVPers because they do nothing but slow down their ability to progress in they way that they want to play the game. 

Edited by King of Crowns

5 hours ago, admin said:

75 unique players in combat news channel.

False statistic, as it only pertains kills.

How many players joined a battle in which damage was delivered to another player? (Also needs to be drawn over a longer history.)

I know I was in more altercations than I showed up on combat news. (And even blamed for the kills. :P)

Furthermore many had reason not to show up and serve as food.

Actually this all looks pretty good and should solve a number of the RvR and econ issues out there.

A couple tweaks I would recommend added to it:

Make it so the owning clan can, for a Lord of the Port fee option, select a band of time in which the port can be attacked.  So if the Lord Protectors want the defensive port battle to occur in EU time they have to pay and maintain a fee to do so.  This way you can finally merge the servers and everyone is happy.

PVE content is still a must have. Like it or not. I'm not sure you can actually remove all but RvR missions. Though I may have read that wrong and the other missions are still in game and there just isn't any wandering fleets.  I would suggest for simple content add in some explorer type missions that send players around the map hunting NPCs or things and when the puzzle is solved or enough pieces collected it give them the ability to spawn an NPC wrecked fleet event.  Anyway, some type of sea born PVE activity outside of ECON and missions.

• Like 2

Just now, Skully said:

False statistic, as it only pertains kills.

How many players joined a battle in which damage was delivered to another player? (Also needs to be drawn over a longer history.)

I know I was in more altercations than I showed up on combat news. (And even blamed for the kills. :P)

Furthermore many had reason not to show up and serve as food.

This is a very good point. But even so, I don't believe the daily PVP active players represent even 1/4th of the 2000.  I see the same names for each nation every time I'm out there.   

10 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I like that, always thought wars should be fought on fronts.

Fronts in the traditional sense can not exist. Timeslots need to be taken into account. When that happens you should see 11 fronts or more, depending on time and population.

Until this can be fixed properly no server merge is possible.

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I won't say how many, but it wasn't 24 players in that fight

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that your walls of text deliver prove of a pro team with alts being unbeatable?

Yes, like willingness to PvP, the game does not provide mechanics for organisation. But neither does it provide alternatives. (Or did we take them away? ^_^)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IndianaGeoff said:

As far as unfair fights... then why do people take traders in war ships?   That is the essence of unfair.

There is the reason that after the 18th century piracy became a crime against humanity (of sorts). ^_^

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Declaration_Respecting_Maritime_Law

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Im not happy. Probably most of the EU community wont be happy with the return of Lord protector and timers set at 4:00 of the morning.

You are absolutely right. :) I'm going back to sleep now as I should have been. I hate night fighting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, admin said:

I like battle escalations and surprises. Both positive (someone joins me) and negative (someone joins you).  
There are only 75 players who actively do pvp daily  (on pvp eu) - get written into a combat chat. From 2000 logins. 
Maybe we gave too much country for old men pvp players??

Maybe the number of people that do pvp daily has fallen drastically over the last year or so. 

Just maybe have the PvP'ers gotten tired of changes turning NA's focus from PvP, to Trading, Crafting and PvE?

Just a thought. :)

• Like 4

@Intrepido

Its not hard to put in factors to enhance game play while allowing occasional work around to the Lord Protector set timers.   Its a bit closed minded to assume there is simply no way to do it. That and I'm pretty sure the EU server didn't actually elect you their spokesman.

If you want to take a port that has a 4am timer, to your time zone, then maybe you need to econ up and out bid the owners for the right to attack it in your time zone.  Adds more dimensions to game play and gets us all on the same server.

4 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Maybe the number of people that do pvp daily has fallen drastically over the last year or so. 

Just maybe have the PvP'ers gotten tired of changes turning NA's focus from PvP, to Trading, Crafting and PvE?

Just a thought. :)

No, most hard core pvp players, yes I am one, don't find the need to econ much or PVE beyond ship slots in one-3 ships types.  RvR plyers, on the other hand, do need to econ a lot and they form the basis for much of the pvp. When the RvR game died off for various reasons the pvp game died off.   This patch is clearly an attempt at a remedy.  Simply making econ easier wouldn't likely bring life back into RvR just on that one point. But this patch does appear to reduce ship costs and econ sails some.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

No need for such unhealthy effort currently in the EU server.

Add more dimensions to your server gameplay and get us all happy in our respective servers.

I play on the EU server. YOU are the one assuming I do not. You also don't represent me.  The EU server is dying right along side the other one.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that your walls of text deliver prove of a pro team with alts being unbeatable?

Yes, like willingness to PvP, the game does not provide mechanics for organisation. But neither does it provide alternatives. (Or did we take them away? ^_^)

Are if a team of 10 guys with one alts makes up a group of 20 in a port battle (just throwing numbers out here, never been that bad) vs 20 guys on the other team.  The 20 individual should have better odds at beating the 10 guys cause they aren't multi tasking and can concentrate more on the task at hand with only the one ship.  This just proves that some one with more organization and team work is going to out play another team that has none no matter the numbers.  It wasn't to hard to figure out the alts in port battles on our side.  They are the guys that most the time are sitting in Cap circle A.  It just means those guys are honestly that disorganized and/or bad.

That still doesn't change the willingness to PvP or play the game no matter what game mechanics they come out with no matter what it's not going to stop that.  Folks now a days just don't fight unless there is a sure win or some great reward.  Than if they can't get that great reward they complain until the devs change the system.  I still think PvP rewards should only be gotten through PvP and RvR Rewards should only be gotten through RvR.  Just like any other game that if you want the Epic Gear you either have to grind the crap out of that Epic Dungeon or buy that gear for extremely high prices from those that grind it.  I'm really hoping they go back more towards the PvP marks system on rewards for PvP/RvR...I'm sorry folks that want to ony PvE should not easily or cheaply be able to get PvP/RvR rewards.

I do understand that we are just 10% of the game and we need the PvE guys and such to make the game go.   More content would be nice.  A reason for them to fight like resources would be nice too.  When we had regional bonus there was reason to fight over certain regions.  When you made those drops and RNG base there was no reason to fight over regions other than for Conquest marks so folks showed up, once you removed that than folks had no reason to show up so it went back to just the hard core RvR guys showing up.  Any one can PvP or RvR so we need to have reason for the average joe/casual player to want to fight and join this part of the game.  Main way to do this is to make the PvP/RvR rewards worth it.  Right now they are not.  So I"m hoping they change that with this patch.

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

Will conquest timers still exist on EU?  Thoughts on combining the servers or allowing players to transfer with xp and items between the 2?

i assume there will be a map wipe also?

No server-merge! no reason to ruin both servers.

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

A bit dangerous making those pve heavens. I really think we need somekind of signaling perk instead. Going to hunt and you end fighting the same AI you want to avoid is not good.

In this new system the devs are putting on the table for us, PvP players should have little reason to be hanging out near Capital regions (unless to do econ or some missions of their own), so who cares if they're little PvE heavens. I'm perfectly OK with some "high sec" zones that may help with new player retention which, I hope, will lead to more people getting into both OW PvP as well as RvR. It's a better alternative to what we have now which is Capital Camping™ as a commonplace sport. A whole clan of new players on Global was turned off to the game because they couldn't attempt to grow/expand without being clubbed by bored ass old-timers. 

Take the broader view. It's what the devs are trying to do in an attempt to plug some of the holes in this sinking ship. 

40 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This just proves that some one with more organization and team work is going to out play another team that has none no matter the numbers.

Looking back, I saw willingness to fight a greater foe with greater numbers.

As you say BLACK can fight "no matter the numbers", yet BLACK insisted this needed to be "fixed".

Unbalanced fight, yes. Unfair, potentially. British sought the unfair advantage by tossing heaps of scrubs against a pro team.

Grand fighting, most definitely. And a hearty activity for all the mid-level captains (maybe not by rank, but definitely by real experience).

And thus I would say, it needs to be fixed again. The fix did not further either side's goals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

No server-merge! no reason to ruin both servers.

How will it ruin both servers?

Where is your proof?

If we have lord protector and clans own the ports not the nation just remember that your port can't  be flipped unless it's in your time zone, also you can set friendly clans so you can buddy up with a clan that can help you look after your port when you are not around.

so all this achieves is making the players play together more after all it is a MMO

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I still think PvP rewards should only be gotten through PvP and RvR Rewards should only be gotten through RvR.

Empowering the victor leads to the tidal wave problem. Maybe it should be mirrored, PvP rewards through PvE, PvE rewards through PvP.

First it would need to be defined what exactly are PvP, PvE and RvR rewards.

• Like 1