Game-Labs Forum

End of the server

Simon Cadete

7 minutes ago, koltes said:

Which is exactly what every nation did with an exception that it was BLACK to score a win.

Maybe everyone here is guilty in trash talking to enemy? For example arent you Dom?

Maybe everyone here guilty in exploiting the mechanics to gain advantage? For example arent you Dom?

I dont know what cheating means in NA. Exploit yes. Cheating? I think duplicating ships is a cheat, not just an exploit. Who is guilty in cheating? 

Bully other nations? Every nation is guilty in that. The very foundation of BLACK clan was to fight US bullies that one ported pirates and locked newbs from doing trading, missions etc.

Truth is no one can speak of high morlas here. Maybe its time for this community to realise that we are players of one game. That we play one game and most of are from the same country and most of us speak same language? Realize not to use "hate" words towards other nation as they are actually your friends playing the same game. You dont tell your chess opponent that you hate him aren't you? Else he will quit playing with you and will play with someone else. And this is what exactly happens in NA between players.

I dont know. Human nature maybe? For such there should be no global chat. I see it now. Its just a global trash talk symposium.

For such RVR should not be absolute. There should NEVER be a case of one nation losing. Even with a map wipe the players are still hurt too much and quit, because millennials cant deal with loses. For this nation should have permanent land and loses only counter on a clan's level, nut never a total destruction.

Some saying that its OW that can be counted PVP. If you want equal fights then go play Legends. This is just stupid. The whole definition of sandbox and an open format game attracts people of different qualities and values. The ONLY way for MMO game to succeed is to satisfy EVERY aspect of pvp. For this RVR is pvp, OW is pvp, big massive battles is pvp, small hunts is pvp, small fleet is pvp.

Any engagement is pvp. Even in the economy competition is also pvp. Personally I dont care what land we have or have not. We got our teleports and thats it. But I love small fightings and lose huge massive battles too. Who said that we have to give up any of this?

Its when we will UNITE people who play for various reason we will get the good product that attracts people. In EVE it was a matter of few years before one huge alliance was destroyed. It made lots of people quit playing. Even though EVE could afford that they quickly realized that it also hurts the game on a bigger picture. So those grand battles are only few and far between.

In NA we cant afford to win wars. Players quit and we dont have numbers to do that. We must forget about national wars. Being in a nation should be just your character's nationality and players were able to mix. Look, pirates were not just pirates. They were a mix of all nations. Jamaica was so international port it become a pirate hideout.

Then nation terrotories will be high security watters where people who wants an easier life can live and play. Where clans can have a safe land if they want. And then we will have clans that want more and they will take conquerable port and claim the ownership.

RVR should not be a single fight for a port. It should be done through multiple raids, were raids become a main RVR mechanic allowing for massive fights, but losses no territory. To actually kick a clan out of a port should be incredibly hard and a lengthy process. Also further away from your nation's capital the land is harder it is to hold that land, so clans will naturally hold lands closer to their capital preferring raiding to conquest.

Yes, infortunately devs wanted to cut lots of courners and make a simplier game. Problem is it should have been staying as lobby or if they decided to go further into the open world they should have run proper crowd funding campaign where they could already show what beautiful battles they done. Community would have supported them big time to make OW right. Potentially this game can be as big as EVE in terms of population, where each small piece of territory is located on individual server.

Truth is why players leaving is because opening of OW was a dream. A dream of global trading, economy, massive battles, exploration, feeling the breeze and stormy waters of open areas and  calm waters in the shallows of Bahamas. Players dreamed that they will live in Caribbean world of 16th century. We got a racing game instead. People race on OW map with huge speed, we teleport. We play on the whole map like its a chess board (likes its ONLE battle field) while it should have been localized. You live in one area so you play there and there should have been lots to do in that one area and lots of people playing in that one area.

This is the reason we are loosing players. Should we have all that the trash talk would not turn people away. Loosing war would not turn people away. 

Today you lost and there is nothing else to do. Start over? But people were already burned out fighting. They need rest. Boom server is deserted.

Peace out my brothers. I love you all. The noisy fkers, the quiet fkers, the good fight fkers even the whiny fkers. As you all are playing with me the game I love for which reason I have never said a word "hate" towards any of you

Well said 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

How about some numbers to shed some truth on your ignorance. This isn't an annual trend, this is a death knell brought on by mechanics exacerbating a critical threshold in player numbers, test server sucking players away, etc. It's multifaceted but don't for a second think you have had no hand to play in this game.

But, by all means, keep telling yourself it will be all ok (you should check out @admin 's new avatar if you want the truth):

0e5d37978dc4d6af42a54cb8a78abdf2.png

I played the game, no shit I had a hand in it. So did you. Don't get all white knight about some video game kid your not betting anything big by making your claim esp since your "data" doesn't track in game activity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, koltes said:

For such RVR should not be absolute. There should NEVER be a case of one nation losing. Even with a map wipe the players are still hurt too much and quit, because millennials cant deal with loses. For this nation should have permanent land and loses only counter on a clan's level, nut never a total destruction.

Good post but I wanted to point out something I noticed about a good major number of players these days. I noticed these days if you can't win folks just give up and do something else.  They think if you ignore the problem it will go away and or fix it's self and not how it works in the real world, but there are folks that actually think this is how it works.  How many times have you heard some one say, "We will just ignore them and they will get bored and go away."  Well that is one of the many things and there are many things that kills the game and number of players.  Hell add to that how many folks after loosing one port did you see in nation chat say, "BLACK TOOK A PORT WE ARE DOOM."  All the while they have 20 something other ports still.  One port/region is not the end of the world.  So stop think it is.  I remember when the patch drop there was some times up to around 70 folks trying to get into the empty Spanish port battles cause they wanted the conquest marks easy mode.  As soon as they had to fight some one that could actually beat them they stop showing up.  Stop using the fleet join thing as an excuse why they stop playing, we all know the truth is they couldn't muster a proper fleet in PB and apparently not out side.  Once the mechanics got fixed and they couldn't just grief you out of the port battle and had to bring an actual proper fleet they stop showing.   Funny how that worked out.   We have rolled up up to a few ports in fleet groups and had folks try to tag us only to have it not worked.  Old mechanics would of separated our group but now it doesn't work so they stop showing up and trying.   So that tells you it was a very broken mechanic before hand.   

I also think it's funny that folks act like we don't do F11's and testing. I was prob one of the most active players on Testbed before this patched dropped.  If there was more content on the current patch I would be more active on there right now.  I did a lot of F11's and post.  Some of the changes you see in game was cause of my feed back among many others in this game.   When we find exploits we F11 them and report them and continue to do so.  Just today I did three F11's cause of problems with the port battle and than after the port battle the game was doing all type of crazy stuff.   Cause of these actions is why we know the game so well we test and play every aspect of it and learn them.  We also learned every thing we could about the patch before it dropped.  I scouted out where all the resources where going to be and what was needed and we hit the game running from the moment the server went live and we went straight into doing what was needed for the clan to get a head cause we got ZERO EU clans joining Pirates and we where told EU guys where going to teach us how to RvR.   Yah ya'll sure showed us....

40 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

It's because Lord Ridiculous  Vicious didn't show up in Global server. :D:D

As for players from PvPEurope who came to Global server, I think we arrived too disorganized and spread  in different nations to be able to make any difference. Also, for some reason (lack of visibility and the default server being still the European one) we didn't come with the numbers we were expecting.
Then you add to that the politic and history of PvP2 US that transferred to PVPGlobal that the former EU players didn't know much about.

Oh man you know there would been a Pirate Civil war for sure if that had happen. We wouldn't be putting up with him one bit either....lol

I agree a lot of the issues was cause of how they handled the Merger or lack of proper merge.  We where really surprised we didn't get any clans in Pirates from EU.  I think we got a few players, but not groups.  It honestly scared us at first when we noticed the numbers the US and GB had with what they had showing up at the empty Spanish ports.  It's why we didn't start any fights.  We instead took the time to get every one into the proper ships needed to fight that fight when it came and it sure enough did with the Key West port battle.  US couldn't hold it's Grudges and than went for the Bahamas as we had expected and had ships ready to fight them.  We had unlocked our shallows ships to 3-5 slots to be ready and set up folks in Morgan.  The biggest issue has all way s been that certain other nations are stuck on doing the same thing over and over and over that doesn't work and than they can't get along with each other cause every one wants to be the king/leader. 

30 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

cause every one wants to be the king/leader.

I keep telling everyone, 

Maybe GB shouldn't be labelled "easy". :lol:

I did offer a solution that would have guaranteed BLACK a good fight:

On 7/22/2017 at 8:05 AM, Skully said:

Maybe a satisfying GB leader will emergence if someone steps up from behind the shadow, but I fear that is unlikely to happen.

I see you been exploiting, hacking, breaking the game now?  I think some one else in clan had that happen to them a while back. 

As for a leader of any nation raising up and taking control I would love to see it, but never would happen with how unorganized some nations and stubborn that they will refuse to work with each other are carry such long past grudges.  Taht and be willing to actually change from what they been doing for the past year that hasn't worked.

• Like 1

People wanna roll out in their hunting parties or do their trading in whatever direction and distance they prefer when they've got the time for it, not get railroaded into to someone else's "national" agenda and control.  The "nation" is just a roleplaying identity - a flag, fancy uniform and funny accent.  There's a bit of a buddy system at times, but with personal time being a precious commodity clans are going to wanna concentrate on doing their clan stuff.

7 minutes ago, chailang said:

So the losing party is always complaining

Memo to Baghdad Bob...  There's nothing left to "win"...

I can say "I won" too, since there is no metric...

WO "won" over CCCP because we sank more ships...  See how easy that is?

On 8/21/2017 at 10:31 AM, Simon Cadete said:

Well I don't want to anger the JG guy so I'll make this my last post. The solution to a longer life in this server would have been to have gone to pvp 1 where the quality of the enemy was better providing a better more lasting challenge. In conclusion, the server was too weak or the clan too powerful. Pick one. Having said this, I'm outta here...

You nailed it. The issue with most clans/guilds in NA (global/pvp2) is that they usually have one or two "pushers".  Leaders who keep people interested and motivated and have time to spare. Black has 8-12 guys who push (which is a testament to the clan). One of the reasons I didn't play this season after 2 weeks is because it was just gonna be deja Vu of last summer/fall with even more time sink. There was none hardly willing to even challenge. Where are the huge GB/US clans from March of last year that were north american based? After the Exodus to pvp1 they were never heard from again.

In the end, 25v25 RvR in rare-wood slowboats of the most expensive kind is simply too broken for anyone to put up with, and, in what I think is the really sad part, not enough people enjoy open world PvP.

BLACK does not like OW PvP.

Everyone else learned to dislike RvR.

No PvP + no RvR = dead game.

France probably did a lot to help herald the doom of the server by ambushing the British 4th rate fleet outside of our port battle against them which, in turn, prevented them from making it to the Pirate attack on Georgetown. We used a number of 3rd rates to do it which really highlighted why France itself does not do more port battles: because the flaws in the game design are so obvious that it was just a matter of time before someone did the same thing to us. 4th rate battles that you must sail expensive, slow 4th rates into is a really stupid idea when the obvious way to prevent them is by attacking said 4th rates using higher rated ships outside.

Nobody in their right mind will schedule a 4th rate battle with that kind of threat looming over them. Fir/fir 1st rates will absolutely run down and destroy LO/WO Aggies.

We could do lineship battles but then you need 25 1st rates and that was just more tedious than we cared to put up with. We came here for OW PvP, not hauling lumber (and definitely not grinding missions for ship XP because PvP is no way to get ship XP).

And, of course, we had to "fight" Denmark in pointless night-attack flip-flops for weeks, which killed most of France's desire to grind RvR in general.

So, yeah.

If everyone had come out to OW PvP I think we could'a had fun. Some people were starting too but it was too thin in population by then.

BLACK's plan of "RvR only" does not work in a game where RvR is broken in so many ways.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

It is a matter of perspective. WO can say they won but apart from being kings of being a twat, what have they honestly achieved in the larger scale of things? So you sunk ships. Big whoop. So CCCP and the Danes took ports. Big whoop. All pointless unless you can get the other too the table to place the real goals into motion. 

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh man you know there would been a Pirate Civil war for sure if that had happen. We wouldn't be putting up with him one bit either....lol

We're is your sense of adventure 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣😂🤣😂

11 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

But what I see is that many unsuccessful people are complaining 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, chailang said:

Unsuccessful indeed, but also unrewarded. (And I don't mean in terms of gold / upgrades, paint or XP. ^_^ Although that would have mitigated the complaints. :P)

19 minutes ago, Skully said:

Unsuccessful indeed, but also unrewarded. (And I don't mean in terms of gold / upgrades, paint or XP. ^_^ Although that would have mitigated the complaints. :P)

Since last year, most people have complained about BLACK kill servers. They haven't made any progress, Just complaining all the time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chailang said:

Since last year, most people have complained about BLACK kill servers. They haven't made any progress, Just complaining all the time.

Has the flood of complaints made you blind of the seeds underneath? -_-

On 22/08/2017 at 8:15 AM, koltes said:

Truth is no one can speak of high morals here. Maybe its time for this community to realise that we are players of one game. That we play one game and most of us are from the same country and most of us speak same language? 

I can speak of High morals.

I came to you to talk, I praised you for your honesty with your "Declaration"post back in late July.

I even tried to get the Moderators to lock the thread and delete ALL post and ask all to PM each other.

I tried to tell you that this game is NOT Chess game but a game in Alpha/Beta/Early Steam Release Game.

So we the players have as much the responsibility to the health of the game as the Devs do.

Saying that, I feel the original post that is blaming one side or the other is unfair.

Like you said in the post I partially quoted that the "Disgusting and quite disturbing" chat in Global is extreamly sad.

But, the New Unity5 and the DEVS really pulling out an update of CLAN WARS is showing that they are trying to pull this game around.

I just hope and pray that when the new CLAN WARS update comes online that it will rekindle the old playerbase and bring new players on this game that we have such a love/hate relationship. 

But we still keep coming back.

1 hour ago, chailang said:

My complaint? Maybe, and expect a new patch

No not your complaint. I mean the truth.

BLACK killed the season, rightfully so.

The complaints are valid in that sense, but have no unfairness can be claimed.

Skully said:

And in this one is just about everyone is feeling being treated unfairly. But rules are rules and if we can agree on proper rules, then we can still feel being treated unfairly but not claim it anymore.

The real complaints, from the ones who deserved reward but never received it, have drowned and sunk to the bottom.

Edited by Skully

12 hours ago, Slamz said:

In the end, 25v25 RvR in rare-wood slowboats of the most expensive kind is simply too broken for anyone to put up with, and, in what I think is the really sad part, not enough people enjoy open world PvP.

BLACK does not like OW PvP.

Everyone else learned to dislike RvR.

No PvP + no RvR = dead game.

So, yeah.

If everyone had come out to OW PvP I think we could'a had fun. Some people were starting too but it was too thin in population by then.

Maybe those of us that like ow PVP should, after the next patch, group up and split up between two nations? (Maybe GB and Pirates, Pirates and Spanish, or France and DN)? I know WO and even some Purge went to EU.  I was thinking of playing my EU pirate more (but really don't want to start over again with no gold or resources) just so I can fight against my Global French buddies. :)

48 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Maybe those of us that like ow PVP should, after the next patch, group up and split up between two nations? (Maybe GB and Pirates, Pirates and Spanish, or France and DN)? I know WO and even some Purge went to EU.  I was thinking of playing my EU pirate more (but really don't want to start over again with no gold or resources) just so I can fight against my Global French buddies. :)

On 8/20/2017 at 2:45 PM, Skully said:

Before contemplating solutions, first we need to agree on some presumptions, lets start with:

1. The game does not model real life alliances at all. And we game by those alliances, not by what the game dictates.
  2. You can only fight who is in your timeslot, regardless of Nation, Clan or alliance. (And yes, The Free Empire is fully aware of this presumption. Even @Jeheil is. ^_^)

3 hours ago, Australian Minister said:

I can speak of High morals.

I came to you to talk, I praised you for your honesty with your "Declaration"post back in late July.

I even tried to get the Moderators to lock the thread and delete ALL post and ask all to PM each other.

I tried to tell you that this game is NOT Chess game but a game in Alpha/Beta/Early Steam Release Game.

So we the players have as much the responsibility to the health of the game as the Devs do.

Saying that, I feel the original post that is blaming one side or the other is unfair.

Like you said in the post I partially quoted that the "Disgusting and quite disturbing" chat in Global is extreamly sad.

But, the New Unity5 and the DEVS really pulling out an update of CLAN WARS is showing that they are trying to pull this game around.

I just hope and pray that when the new CLAN WARS update comes online that it will rekindle the old playerbase and bring new players on this game that we have such a love/hate relationship. 

But we still keep coming back.

Hmmm... OKEY
I don't even know who you are since you haven't introduced yourself, but if you say so... Okey
I'm easy

8 hours ago, chailang said:

Not unsuccessful, just bored.

CCCP surrendered when we put Road Town into contention. You were bored with fighting NPCs and sitting in empty port battles.

Everyone feels the same way.