Game-Labs Forum

End of the server

Simon Cadete

For a little over a year now, the pirate clan BLACK, has been the source of 90% of activity in pvp 2 or global. Now that population is falling faster than ever before with peak numbers of 115, I wonder what would happen if we just "vanished". I have to say that the lack of large engagements or ganks  as the only source of pvp, really took a toll on our numbers and population as well.

Possibly we'll come back if changes are made but there is nothing the developers can do about "bad" population that play in global. History repeats itself and again, now that they sense that BLACK is gone all the 1st rates and Bellonas start coming out again. Where were they before?!

This just goes to say, enjoy your pve server. I blame this whole thing on the US and GB.

Edited by Simon Cadete

Beating to quarters
And grape loaded chasers
Sharp boarding axes and bright polished sabers
Black flags that wave side to side in the winds
These are a few of my favorite things! 

Double Ball Broadsides, and Boarding bell ringing
Reload and crew shock
And falling down rigging
Wild melee fights and the joy it all brings
These are a few of my favorite things

When the Brits run
When the French flee
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad...

2MDD0I4.jpg

• Like 5

Simon, just how the hell do you think this is the fault of the US or GB? The pirate for a VERY LONG time had a clear advantage over the nations and post patch the anti-revenge fleet mechanics went in permitting pirates to raid and escape without any chance of intercept. BLACK has dictated terms across the server and the ONLY time that there was a force that could cause them to sweat was when on PVP2 that the US and GB formed an alliance and actually stood against them. Once the alliance system was removed so was any chance to stop them from steamrolling whatever group they chose to target. Now I read that BLACK is camping outside the US capitol wiping out any low level players there. Just what the F do you expect the population to do about that. New players joining into a game with a dinky ship that has 40 crew with no skill or upgrades and you twerps expect them to be able to stand up against a fully crewed and outfitted Frigate. I have listened to your ramblings before but this one is by far the biggest pile of shit to ever spew from you.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

For a little over a year now, the pirate clan BLACK, has been the source of 90% of activity in pvp 2 or global. Now that population is falling faster than ever before with peak numbers of 115, I wonder what would happen if we just "vanished". I have to say that the lack of large engagements or ganks  as the only source of pvp, really took a toll on our numbers and population as well.

Possibly we'll come back if changes are made but there is nothing the developers can do about "bad" population that play in global. History repeats itself and again, now that they sense that BLACK is gone all the 1st rates and Bellonas start coming out again. Where were they before?!

This just goes to say, enjoy your pve server. I blame this whole thing on the US and GB.

Don't quit the game, join EU server. Leave Global to BLACK.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cabral said:

Don't quit the game, join EU server. Leave Global to BLACK.

And what not be able to do anything at all because our timezones just happen to be too late for the kids in the EU?

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

With a bit of luck devs will read this.

Not very likely.

4 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Oh wait you were serious.

4 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

You got to be kidding me. What a great laugh I had. 90% of the activity on the server. HA!!! What arrogance to think such a thing. What I really see in this post is that BLACK got camped by every major nation at mortimer and they quit. Even Koltes disappeared. (all respect to ya Koltes, no offense meant) Funny thing is that you all suggested we do just that. Anyway. Your disappearance wont matter because most people have beat you to that punch. Nobody want a 3 hour grind, a 2 plus hour build up to a PB to only watch 15 or 20 show to loose their 1 dura ship that they grinded for weeks to get.

Again, thanks for the jolly laugh. Goodness... what will be next?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

46 minutes ago, Wraith said:

LOL Blame us and not the developers? Okey dokey, sir, have a nice time.

And with all 109 posts of yours it sure seems like you personally did a smashing job giving feedback to the dev's through this whole process.  But overall, you and the rest of BLACK have done a real bang up job as testers and players, because surely the seal clubbing and borderline exploit RVR behavior couldn't have had anything to do with making the game a ghost town?

The OP:

7f799cf685bcecf179a86e23122a0edb8efb1ca3

Lack of motivation got me. Ah well I've moved on to games in which I find more fun and engaging. 

I raise my glass to Naval Action, a truly magnificent game, with a truly magnificent cycle of repetition. Doing the same shit over and over - is the definition of insanity after all :)

Legends should be fun indeed. See you guys when that comes about.

Adios Compañeros.

6 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

1st off

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3929e6f4b53e10d6a092e905a4223259.jpg

there is multiple reasons why the server has disintegrated

- The US, GB & the rats decided to have a war on who has the biggest D**k that's the truth

- there are multiple issues with the end game currently in NA from mechanic's of the game to content or lack there of.

- As for 90% i think not there is multiple nations/player's/clan's pvp'ing or solo hunting across the map koltes from BLACK, KoC from WO,Iroquois confederacy to name a few solo player's as for clans WO, ARMED, VCO, TF, SCAR/AUSEZ, PURGE, BORG, BLACK, BLOOD just to name a few clans (sorry to any clan i missed) so don't give your self's so much credit

-  Another point worth making multiple nations had the opportunity to keep the game going one that really gets me and show's the lack of foresight form players is the 2nd PauP PB, BLACK used there outlaw battle mechanic to avoid GB screener's at this point is were the server really collapsed, there are multiple problems here,

1. it was clear GB had the numbers but lacked the coordination so the PB itself was won fair and square 

2. Rats used this mechanic for reason's such as, we don't screen, its not fair they use guerrilla tactics, at this point the RoE mechanic was meh but has since been fixed,

here's some come back for you how about knowing full well what was going to be brought from the GB side maybe you should of matched it and we could of all had a ball with OW pvp instead you had to "prove a point" by using a mechanic which was deemed ok by Ink but was seen as an exploit by the players,

3. GB couldn't pull there heads out of ones a***s and do a decent PB 

all in all its know one's fault but some decisions have lead to a massive decline in players, from both sides the players & the dev's 

- Just a little highlight for you my clan was attempting to create a PB in Ausi TZ on a weekend might i add i had a Member of BLACK having a moan to me and another member of my clan about its not fair cause you couldn't defend in that TZ and we were "NIGHT FLIPPING YOU". Hold up you created all this "pvp" did you not? and another point why cant a Ausi/NZ TZ clan create a PB in our time slot it is after all a GLOBAL SERVER after all, cause that's what you did to the Ausi TZ clans from GB, you were just lucky there seems to be a lack of rat fleets around rat ports,

- BLACK needs to take some responsibility for the decline like the rest of us do, especially the people who ganked new players around the capitals which in turn then players did the same back to that nation hence creating a vicious little circle, i will commend a few players who recognised that they were hitting newbies and spent time teaching them some ropes.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

I'd just add , the announcement about clan wars and upcoming changes that mentioned " don't worry about rvr for now " as it's going to change and result in a map reset did little to help

players always requested to keep them up to date with future changes. Doomed if you don't/Doomed if you do?

• Like 22

8 minutes ago, admin said:

players always requested to keep them up to date with future changes. Doomed if you don't/Doomed if you do?

There's no way to do it right. There will always be the guy who is pissed.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, admin said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/Naval_Action/

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

Sorry to say this to folks, but doomed only if players failed to read.

Edited by Skully
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, admin said:

Very true. Some will always complain no matter what :lol: It is true tho, that many players always stop playing when a map reset is announced and only come back after it happened...

• Like 3

Just to clarify, I'm not just using global' recent history but also pvp 2's as well.

We've been here before where the US and GB retook their ports back after population went down and ports weren't being defended.

That is the reason I blame the player base and not the developers themselves 

15 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Just to clarify, I'm not just using global' recent history but also pvp 2's as well.

We've been here before where the US and GB retook their ports back after population went down and ports weren't being defended.

I think it is silly to blame either players or devs if there is only 1 pro team on the server.

There will only be one worthy opponent ever, yourselves. ;)

54 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Something for you to ponder upon here, you used a mechnic which that ink said was legitimate but the issue is it was seen by the players as a exploit unfortunately the damage was done people gave up, then you said you wanted fights then set PBS when we could barley get a rag tag group together, I'm not attacking you but maybe you should see things from another side of the coin, the games dead cause of everyone being selfish 

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 1

After the server wipe, only GB has offered us a challenge, and they gave up after loosing only one 4th rate PB :(

50 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

the players as a exploit unfortunately the damage was done people gave up

No, one day, you (and ppl doing the same thing) will have to admit you just use that as an excuse to not fight us. We are used to such behavior: US did the same, FR did the same, there is always an excuse to not show up in PB. I can't blame you, not every nation can afford to loose about 10 1st rate each PB. I hate to recognize that, but maybe the game has gone too hardcore, advantaging BLACK organization, and making it too hard for more casual players.

• Like 2