Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

First impressions after 1 hour of playing: 

1. Cannon fire animation looks better. It would be perfect if the cannons retreated inside the ship after being fired (one can only wish!)

2. Instance loading times are much faster (about 15 seconds faster) Maybe because less players are logged on?

3. The Hermione has the worst paint job i've ever seen! Shouldn't the hull be solid black instead of stopping at the water line? 

4. The Vasa has the 2nd worst paint job i've ever seen. Just imagine 50 white ships in a PB lol

5. The Prince is my new favorite ship :)

Bugs:

1 player appeared in 2 different places:

59976e051e507_NAbug1.thumb.png.19ca71f3f32469f0d93523e5b9204e6b.png

Text alignment seems a bit off. The loading screen text is being cropped on the bottom. And the perks are too high in the box:

59976e6e72f22_NAbug2.png.e5fa99a9d13d50eb963d147d86c14d19.png

Lastly, it takes me at least 5 minutes for my redeemables to appear (grey box with no selections). I realize its probably because of the large amount of freebies given to us, so not a big issue.

I will be sure to continue posting feedback as issues/thoughts arise. 

• Like 1

So, I found a bug.

I was sailing around Mortimer Town and tagged an AI fleet. I was a fair distance from shore, but when the battle started, my ship spawned surrounded by land...my first thought was, "My very own lake! :D:D" But, this actually seems to be a bug. I F11'd it and here are some screenshots

311310_screenshots_20170818205242_1.thumb.jpg.0d1f57efc1f7ee7337c0cef458c9698f.jpg

311310_screenshots_20170818205221_1.thumb.jpg.7753f2eefa7871193e597386c930a990.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Willis PVP2 said:

So, I found a bug.

I was sailing around Mortimer Town and tagged an AI fleet. I was a fair distance from shore, but when the battle started, my ship spawned surrounded by land...my first thought was, "My very own lake! :D:D" But, this actually seems to be a bug. I F11'd it and here are some screenshots

311310_screenshots_20170818205242_1.thumb.jpg.0d1f57efc1f7ee7337c0cef458c9698f.jpg

311310_screenshots_20170818205221_1.thumb.jpg.7753f2eefa7871193e597386c930a990.jpg

Epic!

@admin @Ink is there a breakdown of the new mechanics on the test server? Just want to know so I can test them to there fullest especially the hostility and the hostility missions at this stage there seems to be a limit on the missions only being accessible by 7th rates, apologizes I advance if I'm using my teeth to look instead of my eyes,

I had a teaser play in the new ships and might I say what a great job you guys did with those models thay look fantastic, 

im not a fan of the wasa cannons my self but she sails extremely well had a scrap with an ai 3rd rate a conny and a Reno she performed extremely well almost like a baby pavel.

the L'hermione is a stunner of a ship, really sales beautifully and looks stunning shoots her broadside like a dream really gives the players another great ship of choice for many things pvp included.

unfortunately haven't captained the prince yet hope to do so soon.

just briefly looking at the new clan tab it looks a lot nicer I see there is a new rank which is a nice touch, as above really want a crack at the new port hostility mechanics and all that comes with it.

There have been a few bugs here and there I F11'ed them all, one that was a real pain was also pointed out above was being kicked out of the battle at the battle screen, once out you get an XP and gold reward which is a tad off, but in the interests of being a testing shouldn't there be unlimited repairs & rum in the shop and all cannons should be available from the shop also?

All in all really good upgrade can't wait for you to implement it to the live servers, (once you have ironed out some of the bugs) maybe now is the time to get some more content while you can and get some of our community back into the game 

4 hours ago, Chuliki said:

So...guess I am the only one who loves the Wasa paint job, with its dirty effect (which I love and looks cool af) dirt.thumb.png.9f24027d37a80728e98fc69cb175d3dc.png

I've come to like the look of the Wasa.  The weathering is superb.

17 hours ago, Ink said:

@Norfolk nChance, were clan names filled correctly? both clan creating and F11 report should work fine, perhaps try to reinstall the game

@Ink @admin @Intrepido

All works great, re-install was the answer. Setup [ELITE] as [E] all worked. Suggest “Pop-Up” saying "Clan short name already taken…”. This will avoid confusion in future. The [F11] was now present and tested.

OW Graphics

Very stable, NO glitches even from the hillsides when coming into Port. My observation on “Blockie” sky a lot better indeed. Great colour contrasts at dust and dawn. The Drone view very smooth.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1114824970

Still don’t like the close-up wave interactions with the boats, but that’s being picky.  Haven’t tried @rediii graphic program yet on the TestBed, but will try it later.

Also AI ships still traverse Landmass, am sure you are aware of this.

BATTLE Graphics

Very good indeed. Still would like the main framed view a tad further back. Still too close to the ship in my opinion. Smoke was brilliant really like it from the cannon fire.

Performance

My rig nvidia GTX 980ti 16GB etc

Hong Kong Avg PING 260. On Testbed 195. If I go FULL SCREEN it drops again to 185. This was extremely stable with BATTLE instance exactly the same.

I had AA x2 and FPS was perfect.  However, server was light in numbers.

Will try my ALT in Sandboxie early next week to see if that crushes performance with my MPC.

Suggestion

I agree with others on the brightness of the L’H, but the pictures prove it was a colourful vessel. Think it would look better if you “roughed it up a bit”. Like you’ve done on the towers and fort textures. Dull the paint work. This if possible should also be done on the PORT buildings.

Coming into K/PR now the Village looks out of place with the textures from the hillside Towers and fort. Rough up the buildings a bit, too clean. In fact make main Capital PORTs come with a proper stone harbor. Make it look tidy.

All in all, really like it.

Norfolk.

16 hours ago, z4ys said:

Its not about the look. Its about how the smoke behave. The direction it flys away. look at the wind  Both ships are standing still so the smoke should fly above the deck (like on the live server). I actually tested it to test if i can set my sails on fire by shooting against the wind. ( Which not happened in 15 mins so its not in or chance is very low or its a bug)

Both ships standing still, because they dont sail lol, not because there is no wind.

Losing the bowsprit on the Prince causes 10% sail loss and no rigging shock. I guess that makes it the only ship around with that quality, no? Not sure if it's intended or not.

3 hours ago, Cortez said:

Both ships standing still, because they dont sail lol, not because there is no wind.

Look at the flags. The wind should blow the smoke above the ship deck. And not behind the ship. On testserver smoke wind direction is not equal to sailing wind direction.

So what's the problem? I just wanted to make sure that nobody thinks the smoke on testserver is behind the ship because it's moving while the ui with wind direction and ship speed is hidden.

As I said previously I wanted to test if I can set my own sails on fire by shooting a broadside against the wind. That's why sails are raised but turned so that the ship hasn't any forward movement to maximize sparks flying over the deck.

So what's the problem or your remark?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

The 'Wasa' is a very strong ship, infact I think it is a bit too strong for a 4th rate. I know historically the ship had 24pd guns in mid and 32pd guns on the lower gun deck. However if you want to go the "historical" route with it, please make it a 3rd rate then. Historically it was classed as a 3rd rate. I know if you add the ship in as it is now, the ship will be too strong to compare it to other ships of its class. The ingermanland was purposely made to have a lower armor hp and thickness due to its 32s remember? If you want to keep it as a 4th rate with 32s and 24s I suggest you make it have lower speed and turnrate and reduce armor down slightly. If you want to make it historically correct, make it a 3rd rate and add armor to it to compete with the 74 gun ships. 

At its current state I think it will destroy the regular 3rd rate. Which shouldn't be able to happen considering its class and battle rating.

• Like 1

After demasting a LVG in battle, I noticed a black line coming out of the water and connecting to the top of the LVG's remaining mast. Not sure if this is a bug or if its intended to be leftover rigging from the downed mast. Either way, it looks weird. See pic:

Edited by Capn Rocko

On 18/08/2017 at 2:06 PM, Intrepido said:

Where is the bow of the Hermione? It is missing in the game.

la-trb-france-hermione-lafayette-america

If I ain't mistaken, her real (historical) figurehead is unknown and the lion is just a guess from the shipbuilders of the modern replica. 

There might be better choices (e.g. a feminine figurehead).

46 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

There are ships that don't put you into rigging shock while using bowsprit, it's not a bug. It's sails % lost, 10% is not much.

Yeah, Baltic corrected me, just couldnt remember the last time I was in a ship that didnt get it when losing the bowsprit - granted it doesnt happen often.

Sunk a Player in an Outlaw Battle and left thereafter but battle was still in progress as meanwhile 10 other Players joined. Had to logout when I was back in port.

After login next day no combat marks where in my pocket. Don't know if this is a bug or feature.

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Look at the flags. The wind should blow the smoke above the ship deck. And not behind the ship. On testserver smoke wind direction is not equal to sailing wind direction.

So what's the problem? I just wanted to make sure that nobody thinks the smoke on testserver is behind the ship because it's moving while the ui with wind direction and ship speed is hidden.

As I said previously I wanted to test if I can set my own sails on fire by shooting a broadside against the wind. That's why sails are raised but turned so that the ship hasn't any forward movement to maximize sparks flying over the deck.

So what's the problem or your remark?

You better take a look at those flags. Why should smoke blow ABOVE the deck? Light a cigarette or cigar when you have wind outside, you ll see there is no "mechanic" for "smoke direction in the wind".

Tbh i have no idea what are you asking here...

This here matter of"smoke behave and direction in open waters"?

Lol.

58 minutes ago, Cortez said:

You better take a look at those flags. Why should smoke blow ABOVE the deck? Light a cigarette or cigar when you have wind outside, you ll see there is no "mechanic" for "smoke direction in the wind".

Tbh i have no idea what are you asking here...

This here matter of"smoke behave and direction in open waters"?

Lol.

So smoke flys against the wind? No Look at the vid.  The smoke is blown away with the wind (HINT: if you keep watching a few mins more there is a flag that shows the wind direction). So when I shoot against the wind the smoke should come back as soon cannon blast loses its power.

I am asking for a fix that smoke should be effected by wind direction. On live servers it works but not on the testserver.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

On 8/17/2017 at 3:51 PM, Liquicity said:

L'Hermione seems like a good alternative to the Surprise for OW hunting - If it's going to be craftable and non premium. Masts are a bit flimsy, though not as bad as the surprise's, and it has 12 pdrs :) 
Oh and it also looks sexy. The red lines top it off so well :)

You should see the replica in person then, even better. :)