Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

@admin & @Ink 

Feedback from TestBed. Is this the right thread for reporting back?

UI

First test couldn’t form a clan? Got the form filled in but just wouldn't expect it.

Couldn’t [F11] doesn’t work also not shown on my screen.

OW Graphics

Didn’t notice much change to be honest. The Lighting was very good though.

Looking at distances sky shows “Blockie”. Will get images.

Performance

Ping rate in both OW and BATTLE stable 1v1

On high nVidia settings and AAx2

good work

Norfolk

Here's my uneducated hypothesis about the Prince and the hermaphrodite rig:

We see the rig with the big foremast yards that cues us to expect it'll work just like on the shiprigged (?) ships.

9feeb1fbc8d31b9fbf56709ca656b1bd.png

This is what the simulation looks at:

29308260c45d052a099df272fea59d14.png

The foremast yard just isn't there to be manipulated.

Just like the the other little ones.

70a082db530cab5d557815128ecd88fd.png

How should we balance the prince if we could boost turning, downwind speed, sailbraking, gunnery course neutralize (yard depower), tacking and reverse sailing and steering?

My first impulse in a tack was use manual yards to help, I kinda want it too, but we need to be careful what we wish for. :)

What about all the other ships from Privateer to Niagara if the full Prince was unleashed?

Be gentle, pls... 

Edited by jodgi
added gunnery depower
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Clan Name ELITE

Short Name ELITE

Description ELITE more cult than clan...

same used on my 3x server clan groups

[will try to re-install]

The reason is clan name ELITE is already taken at 2017-08-17 23:29

• Like 1

To shed some light about the Wasa/ Chronprinds Gustav Adolph:

Wasa is the name of the leadship of the class of vessels that was meant to be the new main battleship for the swedish navy.

The captain, the crew and others demanded the ship to be improved in several aspects (forecastle, quarterdeck, gangways amidships, ..). And when Chapman did work out these improvements a new shiptype the "improved Wasa class" was born. The first ship of this class was the "Chronprins Gustav Adolph". The very ship we now have ingame.

all the data available and a discussion about her performance:

Now about colourschemes. There is an image of a "sistership" as it was called in this thread which is 100% not a sistership of the wasa. its a 72 gunner which has no clear origin. I asked about this vessel a good time ago and the museum told me its of unknown origins. An educational object from no chapman plans altho it features some destinct chapman features. No hard feelings tho cause it appears to have a typical swedish colourscheme.

This is definately one of the wasa class ships: https://digitaltmuseum.se/011024822501/fartygsmodell/media?aq=owner%3A"S-SMM"+text%3A"ritningar%2C"%2C"gustav"&i=72

another set of images/ paintings:

bt-45.jpg

Jacob_H%C3%A4gg_-_Reval_(1790).png

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Here's my uneducated hypothesis about the Prince and the hermaphrodite rig:

We see the rig with the big foremast yards that cues us to expect it'll work just like on the shiprigged (?) ships.

9feeb1fbc8d31b9fbf56709ca656b1bd.png

This is what the simulation looks at:

29308260c45d052a099df272fea59d14.png

The foremast yard just isn't there to be manipulated.

Just like the the other little ones.

70a082db530cab5d557815128ecd88fd.png

How should we balance the prince if we could boost turning, downwind speed, sailbraking, gunnery course neutralize (yard depower), tacking and reverse sailing and steering?

My first impulse in a tack was use manual yards to help, I kinda want it too, but we need to be careful what we wish for. :)

What about all the other ships from Privateer to Niagara if the full Prince was unleashed?

Be gentle, pls... 

The thing is with the Pickle and the Prince, both are hermo' rigs, is manual sailing is not as useful as on a square rigged vessel.  It can still be used, but there is a bit different.  When I used to use the Pickle a lot I found changing your sail power settings helped, because it would lower your square rigging and keep your fore-aft rigging up so you would handle more like a Privateer when turning through the wind.  

• Like 2

As someone mentioned earlier, you get no gold or xp from captured and sunk npc ships, even those you can't capture (in my game i capped Santi and sunk her in cargo transfer screen).

Another thing is graphic glitches with damage shown on the ships. They show up on different camera angles and zoom levels, on other times they are not shown.

For testing we should be given more rum. 

Im playing on ultra 1440x950, and on OW sea looks better, and i think there are fewer glitches with ship trails on water. In battle smoke is looking like big balloons, totally not realistic.

Hi,

Quick feedback:

Bugs:

• Can enter Islet (shallow water) with the Wasa
  • Canon mark hits on hull will dissapear depending on the viewing angle
  • Sunk a trader with Prince and received no XP or reward

Overall I think the Hermione needs to be a bit down tuned when turning into the wind, I chased a Privateer no problem doing 360's

And I didn't notice any performance changes but then again I'm on a Nvidia GTX 1070 so always running on Ultra with over 100 FPS even with Unity 4

14 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

About the smoke, I dont like what I have seen so far of it. It should be reverted to the previous version which was fine.

i am puzzled about the difference. So can you be so kind please - can you make a video on live server and on testbed post to youtube to show the difference? From the same angle or with same camera movement

that would help a lot 

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

My smoke is the same as the shown in this video. Those spherical smoke looks strange.

how is it different from live server on the ship of the same size (e.g. niagara)? Can you show the video showing the difference?

May we inquire what was changed in that 200mb patch on testbed besides adding more redeemables?

BTW: It would be interesting to have redeemable Agamemnon/Consti and Bellona for balancing testing.

Edited by sveno

13 minutes ago, sveno said:

May we inquire what was changed in that 200mb patch on testbed besides adding more redeemables?

BTW: It would be interesting to have redeemable Agamemnon/Consti and Bellona for balancing testing.

More like fixed Wasa (causing crashes). Wasa causes randomly crashes in battle and now should be fixed.

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

More like fixed Wasa (causing crashes). Wasa causes randomly crashes in battle and now should be fixed.

Just had another battle crash, again, very close to the 30 minute mark (remaining time in battle).

And yes, we had also Wasa in there....

3 hours ago, admin said:

i am puzzled about the difference. So can you be so kind please - can you make a video on live server and on testbed post to youtube to show the difference? From the same angle or with same camera movement

that would help a lot 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

For me (watching this short footage) testbed smoke look better not sure what wrong with it?

Its not about the look. Its about how the smoke behave. The direction it flys away. look at the wind  Both ships are standing still so the smoke should fly above the deck (like on the live server). I actually tested it to test if i can set my sails on fire by shooting against the wind. ( Which not happened in 15 mins so its not in or chance is very low or its a bug)

Edited by z4ys

A strange testbed Combat Mission. Sailing in L'Hermione with a Brig fleet ship in Class 5 mission against two ships. After 2 rounds of exchanging fire my fleet ship and AI ship came bow to bow, lowered sails and stopped firing. I continued with other AI, but had a great deal of difficulty crossing the wind as the manual sails didn't work. Finally managed to sink the AI, but the keys Q,E,Z and C did not work - so stuck in irons. Finally got underway, but dropped sails to 0 to loot sinking ship but while sails showed Dead Slow ship continued at full speed.

Found my fleet ship still with sails down and showing a white flag. The AI had sunk beside the fleet ship. Not sure what had happened with the fleet ship, turned into the wind to investigate. Stuck in irons again with no manual sails, I gave up and pressed Battle Over, hoping the fleet ship would show up. It didn't. I assume the fleet ship was captured, but the AI sank so would I have to recapture my fleet ship? Didn't know that could happen in a Combat Mission. More disturbing is the malfunction of manual sails.  

26 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

For me (watching this short footage) testbed smoke look better not sure what wrong with it?

The testbed has small wisps of smoke going at different angles, with a different color, and a faster velocity than the rest of the smoke.  While you can't see it here as well on z4's, on my video of the testbed you see the little wisps going at a 45 degree angle into the air and a really fast velocity and a slightly different color.

You see it here in Neils video too, specifically at 10:47-10:49.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

My first impressions:

1- My FPS went from around 24-27 to 45-47. So there is a significant FPS improvement of 174 to 187%. Did it visually make a huge difference to the naked eye, I can't say it did. My GPU is an EVGA GTX 970. I chatted with other players during the test who said they were averaging 100-110 FPS with their GTX 1080.

2- Even though I am not very proficient with larger square rigged ships, I noticed that the Hermione with turning speed perks and the new upgrade you wanted us to test, was slower and less maneuverable than the Renommee.

3- What other players have already stated about the shot marks, they flicker! here one sec, gone the other. As you can see in the picture below, the shot marks were present right before I took the screenshot, then they were gone.

NA-13-06.jpg.4b2d4c33686324a220157c711889fd59.jpg

4- As far as stability is concerned, my 1-2 hour play did not result in any crashes.

Edited by AngryPanCake
  • Like 1